WOO! Third Faction confirmed in New Trailer!

DarthTyranid

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite some leap there, from one little bit of cutscene dialogue to "third faction confirmed."

How do you know he doesn't just laugh and say "Fool! Did you really think I'd let scum like you serve me? Now you shall die on your knees like a grovelling slave!"

Or even more likely, the dialogue wheel doesn't give you any option other than three varieties of spitting defiance in his face. Been there before enough times with that one in this game: Two or three ways to say "Sir! Yes, Sir!" whether I wanted to or not. I'm looking at you Malgus, Gault, Skadge, QUINN!!!!* etc.

Oh, and where was my "You can stick your stupid Republic, I don't want to be no stinking privateer" option? :)

*Delivered like Shatner screaming "Khan!", of course.

Edited by PLynkes

Well, I'm 99.99999999999% sure that it was confirmed we weren't able to join them? More 100%, but *shrugs* It wouldn't be Bioware to get dialogue like this, and NOT let you join them. Or join for long, anyway. At most, it's a trip, though I think it will be "You will not fool me, Outlander" etc.

Even with the reply dialouge implying that you say yes, there is no way you'll be able to join Valkorian. Unless he turns round and spits in your face, joining him is just a ruse, he does something that makes your character joining him a insanely stupid decision therefore you would only have the option to turn traitor again faster then EA drains people's wallets.

Not me...I'm having too much fun seeing how many people believe him.

I don't believe him, but I wish so badly that it was true. As someone else mentioned above, we've heard dialogue like this far too often where you're posed a question without having the right with which to respond. BioWare has done this many times in virtually all of their games, but Pokémon was always the worst to me. Before the second gym, you get offered a spot in Team Rocket, but can't answer yes to join. That still haunts me to this day.

Pokémon was always the worst to me. Before the second gym, you get offered a spot in Team Rocket, but can't answer yes to join. That still haunts me to this day.

Of all the HORRORS mankind has endured, this rises above them all...my heart goes out to you...:(

No need to be salty people. If he wants to believe that we can join a third faction let him... It's not like it will hurt your massive ego's.

Nah, we just dont want to deal with the inevitable "Whaaaaaaaaaaaa some dude said on the internet said we get to be a new faction and we cant, this is a slap in the face bioware!!!!11111!!!!!!!1111elentyone!!!" Posts when in october they cant :p

The plethora of "its July 31st, why isnt Nico in my mailbox!!!!1111" post shows just how illiterate certain members of this community are :D

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Since this whole sidelining the established factions and new MP content thing is lame as hell, I hope we can counter-ruse by kneeling then Rocket Punching him in the balls.

I wouldn't space bar that cut scene.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Since this whole sidelining the established factions and new MP content thing is lame as hell, I hope we can counter-ruse by kneeling then Rocket Punching him in the balls.

Now THAT would be "gameplay"!

You would prolly be force choked before your rocket punch connects and either choked to death or thrown over the side to your death.