PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

Relax people.

All Mmo launches have there fair share of glitches bugs and exploits.

Wow's Launch was horrible.

It had exploits that allowed you to go to "Old iron forge"

and under stormwind and into hyjal and the Caverns of time.

On top of that the game was highly unballanced and buggy laggy and the servers were unstable.

Aion was laggy as hell on its Launch and unplayable for anyone who did not have the best computer.

Rift was ok but had installation problems and launcher problems apparently.

Bioware for there first try at an mmo and a star wars mmo at that the francise with the most content to stuff into out of pretty much anything are doing a pretty good job.

All you children keep ************ for no reason.

If its a exploit bioware will deal with it......

And to the people ************ about Early acess know this...Its a gift....bioware does not have to do it...know your place!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why the scarcity of PVP queuers is important. Without a lot of people in the queue, there are better odds that no one will fill those spots.

Which means it's not the players controlling whether the BG ends or not. How, then, can you separate players that enjoy PvP from players abusing the system? Remember, two minutes of PvP is still two minutes more than a player can get elsewhere.

Well said, but I think the grey area comes from the fact that this is still early access. No one officially owns the game, yet. Bans are a little melodramatic at this point; however, rollbacks would be suitable, indeed.

I feel that bannings/suspensions are more desirable because they send a stronger message: use game mechanics like they're intended to be used, or you will be punished severely. I don't think removing a day of playtime for exploiters gives them nearly enough of an incentive not to exploit. There will be bugs like this in the future.

Edited by mountains

man that is going to be atrociously hard to find out if the people are actually exploiting or thinking it's just some kind of game design choice..their probably just gonna fix it and not punish the people who used it to the point of leveling uber fast

Wouldn't there be a way to track the amount of warzone commendations earned by a specific account?

Edited by Kryptoniic

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

Will you lock the feature until it's fixed? Rift would lock features like rune breaking and such before it can be fixed so people can't exploit it unwillingly. Some people can be doing PVP right now and think that is normal since they're not reading the forums right now.

If you only go a few times and realize what is happening then no exploit , but if you keep doing it time and time again then yes its a exploit. Ban hammer time please.

Yep, how I see it too

But I would only go as far as complete character reset and lose EGA, one warning before perm ban.

Edited by LillyWhiteS

Relax people.

All Mmo launches have there fair share of glitches bugs and exploits.

Wow's Launch was horrible.

It had exploits that allowed you to go to "Old iron forge"

and under stormwind and into hyjal and the Caverns of time.

On top of that the game was highly unballanced and buggy laggy and the servers were unstable.

Aion was laggy as hell on its Launch and unplayable for anyone who did not have the best computer.

Rift was ok but had installation problems and launcher problems apparently.

Bioware for there first try at an mmo and a star wars mmo at that the francise with the most content to stuff into out of pretty much anything are doing a pretty good job.

All you children keep ************ for no reason.

If its a exploit bioware will deal with it......

And to the people ************ about Early acess know this...Its a gift....bioware does not have to do it...know your place!

Nobody cares about how WoW launched. That was 7 years ago.

At last I got to know Bioware killed their own game day 1. I'm grateful for that in at least I can get my money back. My friends are dissapointed also mostly by the fact there are high levels who only are so cause of Bioware's craptastic of all time launch debacle and exploitz. Ironically Bioware's own shorsightedness in this caused the very problem in the first place.

I tell you what server ques are far better than 1% of the playerbase exploiting freely.

This is a sham now straight up and nothing Bioware can do to fix it at this point. This will go down imo as the worst launch in the history of MMO's and not cause a technical standpoint.

Bioware executives completely blew it and alienated 1 million people. and then double whammied them with news of this ridiculous expolit.

Bioware blew it and they will lose millions for it.

/cancelled

C'mon Bioware, set the precedent for this kind of behavior. You aren't bound by legal technicalities and bureaucratic bull****. Don't believe anyone who tries to play stupid and says "I didn't know I was cheating, I thought this was intended!"

You can't fool anyone by trying to play the stupidity card, or argue that it's Bioware's fault. Please, hammer their asses so we don't have to put up with this crap. This decision will decide my preorder status at least.

Will you lock the feature until it's fixed? Rift would lock features like rune breaking and such before it can be fixed so people can't exploit it unwillingly. Some people can be doing PVP right now and think that is normal since they're not reading the forums right now.

If they lock PvP, they'll have the reverse problem on their hands. Suddenly, PvEers will be super high level while PvPers will be underleveled. Is that fair?

You joined after me, and I say your opinion is null and void and you need to keep them to yourself.

Using a join date as some sort of lame indicator of authority to make yourself seem more important than you are is wonderful isn't it?

I'm newer than you..that means my ideas are newer and fresher than yours! /sarcasm

But, anyway, I want to take your 'Using a join date...' and change it to 'Using the internet...' since that's what it feels like sometimes.

At last I got to know Bioware killed their own game day 1. I'm grateful for that in at least I can get my money back. My friends are dissapointed also mostly by the fact there are high levels who only are so cause of Bioware's craptastic of all time launch debacle and exploitz. Ironically Bioware's own shorsightedness in this caused the very problem in the first place.

I tell you what server ques are far better than 1% of the playerbase exploiting freely.

This is a sham now straight up and nothing Bioware can do to fix it at this point. This will go down imo as the worst launch in the history of MMO's and not cause a technical standpoint.

Bioware executives completely blew it and alienated 1 million people. and then double whammied them with news of this ridiculous expolit.

/cancelled

You're not going to cancel anything. :rolleyes: Also, I still don't expect Bioware to say much about this or really do anything about it. Can you imagine the PR nightmare that is going to ensue if they have to take down the game servers, rollback, or ban players because of something that should have been corrected in beta? This was a known issue in beta. I'm just hoping it slows down tomorrow.

So your kid was cheating I take it? Maybe you should try supervising your child when playing or at least give them some moral compass to be able to realize when they are breaking the rules?

What are you the Super Nanny of the forums? LOL, I bet you don't even have kids.

Edited by Darth_Niner

If they lock PvP, they'll have the reverse problem on their hands. Suddenly, PvEers will be super high level while PvPers will be underleveled. Is that fair?

The exploiters are already at level 40-50. We need rollbacks at this point or like many are calling for outright bans.

/cancelled

Oh shut up, you wont cancel

The way I feel about this, is that the people abusing the system does need to be punished, and I read a few good ideas for such.

Those being this..

#1 Roll back effected characters to level 1, put them right back at the start

#2 Hit the account with a 7 day ban, knocking said person out of early access for exploiting, and making them have to restart on the 20th when everyone can get in.

If they exploit again after the 20th or try to use the same exploit (with it hopefully being fixed before hand) then boom, major banhammer and they are gone for good.

I feel that bannings/suspensions are more desirable because they send a stronger message: use game mechanics like they're intended to be used, or you will be punished severely. I don't think removing a day of playtime for exploiters gives them nearly enough of an incentive not to exploit. There will be bugs like this in the future.

Agreed on all counts, but I think that is more idealistic than realistic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.