What is one reason why you hate PVP?

_FeatherStone_

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do I begin. Not calling incs, leaving nodes unguarded, ignoring healers, raging for no reason, no stim, dps with taunts not using them, completely ignoring objectives altogether, over extending, back peddling....Though if I had to narrow it down to one it would be not re-applying class buffs, that just flat out annoys the heck out of me.

For me, I guess I cannot stand trying to heal and getting beat down almost immediately... then being told that no one is healing (despite the fact that there would still be times at the end of the session where I had the most healing across both teams). It honestly made me rethink healing certain players, but ultimately I try to heal everyone.

For me, I guess I cannot stand trying to heal and getting beat down almost immediately... then being told that no one is healing (despite the fact that there would still be times at the end of the session where I had the most healing across both teams). It honestly made me rethink healing certain players, but ultimately I try to heal everyone.

Self-fulfilling prophecy. Well, not prophecy, but you may see what I am going for.

Also, yeah that knight/warrior kicking move is the interrupt.

My biggest gripe is that node guarding is something that is in the game. Nobody wants to do it. The ones who do get little credit for being team players, willing to put their scoreboard stats to the side in order to help the team win.

Edited by teclado

The one thing I hate in pvp, is scrubs aka windowlickers which is a good majority of pvpers in this game.

I by no means am a top ranked pvper but I do take the time to learn how to play my class and know when that guy waving his/her green tinted hands is a healer, and he/she needs to die asap. The amount of times I see bads just let healers free cast is just mind blowing to the point they need to realize they suck at a video game concept that has literally been in "how to pvp" since 2004 or even earlier.

When I lose it's not by a little so at the end of the match it is a gg, it's always a bg (bad game) and it's a steam roll (and it's not even by premades ether). The numerous no calls, no peeling, letting healers free cast and people who don't use their stun/interrupts is just.....their needs to be a study or something on the lines of "why do people suck at simple concepts".

/end of rant on why I hate pvp

Biggest thing I hate is this scenario: (any node map)

My team: captures snow.

Enemy team: captures mid and grass

All within about 1 minute.

I say, "gather up and lets hit mid since there are only two there"

Wait several seconds and no response. Hit map and see 4-6 purple dots by our node. Look over there and see no enemies at the node.

"We don't need 5 defenders....leave 2 and come help take a node"

I get this response so often it is infuriating:

Medal farmers, "It's over. We lost. They are premade."

Meanwhile enemy is at 600 and we are at like 520.

Only the first 2 defenders on a node should get medals. All others should be kicked by the afk system if they are not in combat. When this happens I proceed to leave the warzone. I'm not going to play with people like that. Losing had nothing to do with the premade and everything do with bads that don't even want to try.

TL;DR: I hate queshball :D

Edited by Saikochoro

I can't personally say I hate PvP in TOR. There are some things I dislike about it, though. Mainly it's the lack of a fourth bracket. We desperately need something between 30 and 59. It seems crucial to me. I have to wonder if BW is even the slightest bit concerned about this.

I would love to be able to PvP at least most of the way through to lvl cap. Once you hit 30 WZ's turn into a miserable grind until you get to at least your mid 40's. Yes, BioWare truly needs to add another bracket to make for a much more enjoyable PvP experience in this game.

The only other thing I can think of that frustrates me with PvP isn't Bioware's fault at all. It's all the DPS chart topping chasers that care not in the slightest about WZ objectives. You can't even politely try and encourage them because they just don't care. At all. In the least. And thus I run with premades now and we steamroll the enemy 9 out of 10 matches, generally. As long as there are great numbers of players who don't give a crap about winning a WZ I feel no guilt uh tall about crushing them soundly in a premade.

Where do I begin. Not calling incs, leaving nodes unguarded, ignoring healers, raging for no reason, no stim, dps with taunts not using them, completely ignoring objectives altogether, over extending, back peddling....Though if I had to narrow it down to one it would be not re-applying class buffs, that just flat out annoys the heck out of me.

Summed it up nicely :D

Only thing to add for me is the amount of people playing death match or death ball... If I'm ever irritated enough to leave a match its during one of those... Even if we are winning... Arena is the only place to death match

Edit : forgot one... People who break cc's while you are trying to cap... Seems people don't know what a cc looks like these days

Edited by Icykill_

I hate people that play objectives, try hard grenades in regs, 2 tank 2 healers premade syncs that just makes the game unbelivably boring, people that play to win and not for making big plays, operative buttbuddies, the tryhard bads that feel the need to type in /says or general chat, useless dps, blind healers, tanks in dps gear that think they know what they're doing, mercs on my team, people pulling enemy venge/fury juggs into the team for a smash and aoe cc, horribads not leaving a wz when it's clear they're disgusting slobs, the pylons elephant mating season sound that makes your ears bleed, charging off the map, parry on lowslash, tryhards pulling people into the huttball fires or acid. Maybe I've forgetten a few things, but that's it pretty much.

The ones who do get little credit for being team players, willing to put their scoreboard stats to the side in order to help the team win.

Me, in almost every objective-based game. I can hold the node the entire round, call every inc, and generally guide the team to victory... For all my efforts, I get some defence medals (usually end up with <10) and no MVP votes. Such a thankless job. : (

Edit : forgot one... People who break cc's while you are trying to cap... Seems people don't know what a cc looks like these days

"mmmm that guy is spinning in the air, I better get him down." -My teammates, probably

I hate people that play objectives, try hard grenades in regs, 2 tank 2 healers premade syncs that just makes the game unbelivably boring, people that play to win and not for making big plays, operative buttbuddies, the tryhard bads that feel the need to type in /says or general chat, useless dps, blind healers, tanks in dps gear that think they know what they're doing, mercs on my team, people pulling enemy venge/fury juggs into the team for a smash and aoe cc, horribads not leaving a wz when it's clear they're disgusting slobs, the pylons elephant mating season sound that makes your ears bleed, charging off the map, parry on lowslash, tryhards pulling people into the huttball fires or acid. Maybe I've forgetten a few things, but that's it pretty much.

I have never seen so much whining in one post. You hate people who play objectives in an objective based game? gg. Obvious troll is obivous.

Anywho.

Lolslash. Very fun, but when you're on the other end it is beyond annoying. Also the people who think spamming Suppressive Fire/Force Storm is a viable rotation (and no I'm not talking about in Novare on the node or a Voidstar...)