The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why do Subscribers need to pay for Togruta ?

Tritton

The question is in the title. Why do you think we should have to pay for it? (same question for Cathor i suppose) I would understand if they were class specific, but they are not....

Tritton

oh look another thread?

you don't as a subscriber you get 500 CC a month + the 100 you get if you have a security app.

use that to buy your unlock.

subscribers get 100% access to the game, togruta is a DLC so to say its not required nor is it part of the core game. thus if you want it pay for it. Just like they did for Cathar.

I guess you could say the same for anything in the CM. Its not that I think we should have to pay, its just that it is the way it is. In a way subs don't have to pay for it, you get 500 CC a month at least and the ability to gain more via referral links.

And what TUX said, its cosmetic and no function to the game.

The question is in the title. Why do you think we should have to pay for it? (same question for Cathor i suppose) I would understand if they were class specific, but they are not....

Tritton

The answer is in one of the other threads on this subject.

They are new races that were added after the game was created and your ability to play as one does not affect your ability to play the game or enjoy it.

So paying for it is a fine balance to let those who really want it get it and have the company collect their virtual money for their efforts to create it.

Ditto for Cathar.

Like Derf said. I am a subscriber (two accounts by the way), and I'm not paying for Togruta. If and when I do feel like unlocking them (and Cathar) on my account, I still will not be paying for them. In fact I could unlock them 20 times over on each account and it still will not cost me one red cent to do it.

You know...it's all about online marketing... you pay,you gain...some aspects are sad ,some are not...People will always fall for some souvenirs and offer big money...cuz they lack on experience ...real life experience. :) Some don't care,some do...we are so splitted....different minds..,,alot of factors. :) If i am gonna buy something like new races will be only if i want to collect ...not really to play them and...for sure from the "free" CC they offer/or gain.:cool: Be smart!:rak_03:

Because it's not part of the game in any way, it's purely cosmetic. CM is great for cosmetics.

This.

It's a cosmetic addition to the game and wholly unnecessary to play.

In addition, you get 500-600CC (+100 for security key) per month. This was explicitly stated to allow the users to decide what extra stuff they would get along with their subscription. Some people use that on packs. Some use it for decorations. Some use it for character slot unlocks. Some use it for extra species. We have the choice of what to use it for. It's that supposed to be a good thing?

Because it's not part of the game in any way

If it's in the game, it's "part of the game." You seem to do this a lot::" The 'real game' is as I, TUXs, define it." Ironic for someone who often posts thing along the lines of "You have no right to tell others what to do/post/etc."

it's purely cosmetic. CM is great for cosmetics.

At least you got this, the important part, part right.

If it's in the game, it's "part of the game.".

Hmm. Perhaps I took his comment to be far more theoretical in nature.

I draw a line between the "game" and "customization", and even "social activities" and "minigames". I recognize your view, and normally that is exactly how I would use the terminology. I gave TUXs the benefit of the doubt and assumed that his use of "the game" meant "the core RPG/PvE/PvP experience", specifically leaving out things like cosmetic armors and speeders and minigames.

Certainly, I don't feel like I'm missing part of "the game" because I didn't buy any Razor gear and don't have one of the crystals that's included in SWTOR. For me, that's outside the game experience because its a completely optional item. I assume that's sort of what TUXs was trying to say.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you completely. More that I'm trying to bridge the gap in statement meanings.