Ashe/Lady Insanity just posted a new video with new KotFE info.

I've been thinking about this also - it would be great if the expansion includes something along these lines. Perhaps an option where players could "turn off" such warnings as well. I'm sure there are some who may wish to stand by their decisions and simply deal with the consequences, come what may.

If nothing else, I think having a big ol' warning before you begin the new storyline (or at least the time skip/losing your companions portion of it) is a must. But I'm fairly sure the devs are already aware of this; if they're actually clueless enough to overlook the necessity, it's going to be a rough ride.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a well respected YouTuber among the BW fanbase and dev community. Trust us, she's legit.

Sure, since I know you and trust you implicitly. :rolleyes:

In any event, whatever some random troll posts on the internet might turn out to be correct and people being how they, they will remember the "hits" and ignore the "misses."

This is going to be great, on all my characters I didn't flirt with anyone except the one I intend to romance glad their will be consequences for it, I just hope that none of the companions cheat on you though lol

Does anyone know if our light/dark side might affect some companions/romances to leaving?

This is going to be great, on all my characters I didn't flirt with anyone except the one I intend to romance glad their will be consequences for it, I just hope that none of the companions cheat on you though lol

Does anyone know if our light/dark side might affect some companions/romances to leaving?

Hmm... there is an interesting choice. What if your companion is the one who cheats? Is it airlock time? Lol. I couldn't do that to Kira. Plus I don't have any room to stand in. There was Lemba and Lana. But it could happen, and maybe it isn't really cheating. You were gone for a long time after all.

Edited by Rafaman

My main romanced ONLY Theron, so I'm okay. Plus, this gives me even more hope he is in KotFE.

My agent on the other hand....oh Maker I can see the heartbreak on Vector's face now.

WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!

incidentally, that worries me too. you see, my agent that did romance him? they didn't get married becasue of the nature of her job, but still stayed in relationship. and he was very understanding about it. that she may need to sleep with other people for the job, even while they are in a committed relationship.

it was for me, part of the appeal of that particular romance in that particular story. what worries me is whether they are going to account for that particular understanding or if they are going to go with ye olde "you cheated!" route. and what about flirting but not following through?

my male scoundrel is incorrigible flirt. he flirts with nearly everything that moves. but when it comes to fade to black portion of those side flings, he backs out and says no, not really. because in the end - he IS loyal to Risha. will they acknowledge the difference? or will any flirt with another person automatically count towards "betrayal!!!" (yes he flirted with Lana, but only up to a certain point in a story on Rishi)

Edited by Jeweledleah

incidentally, that worries me too. you see, my agent that did romance him? they didn't get married becasue of the nature of her job, but still stayed in relationship. and he was very understanding about it. that she may need to sleep with other people for the job, even while they are in a committed relationship.

it was for me, part of the appeal of that particular romance in that particular story. what worries me is whether they are going to account for that particular understanding or if they are going to go with ye olde "you cheated!" route. and what about flirting but not following through?

Like I posted earlier, my Agent did marry Vector and got + relation points with him when he acted as witness to the Voss wedding too. I don't think the hive mentality objects to new additions. Your second paragraph touches on my fear that companions individual personalities will be sacrificed for "consequence."

You can't tell me Andronikos wouldn't pull an "I love you enough to accept Lana into our bedroom" type line, but not be so accepting when asked to include Theron.

Edited by docbenwayddo

Hmm... there is an interesting choice. What if your companion is the one who cheats? Is it airlock time? Lol. I couldn't do that to Kira. Plus I don't have any room to stand in. There was Lemba and Lana. But it could happen, and maybe it isn't really cheating. You were gone for a long time after all.

If Kira cheated on me, I'd be all like "She was dark this whole time! I tried to turn her to the light but just couldn't! She must be expelled from the Jedi Order!"

Like I posted earlier, my Agent did marry Vector and got + relation points with him when he acted as witness to the Voss wedding too. I don't think the hive mentality objects to new additions. Your second paragraph touches on my fear that companions individual personalities will be sacrificed for "consequence."

You can't tell me Andronikos wouldn't pull an "I love you enough to accept Lana into our bedroom" type line, but not be so accepting when asked to include Theron.

actualy I can see Andronikos being ok with either. I mean... when you start romancing him, and still go for other diversions on the planets, he actualy approves of those and goes off to find his own. from my understanding at least - that relationship is heavily implied to be open.

so yeah, i'm very worried that individual companion relationships as well as specifics of the relationships. like... some relationships break up if you refuse marriage, while others can stay active, depending on how you do it another example - my sage is very much in love and loyal to Irreso, but she is also loyal to the jedi order, so they are not officially married - and Irreso was also very understanding about that. how will the flags work there, though?

and then.. there are bugs. my jedi knight very much broke up with Doc. the warning for that conversation choice even said as much - that that will end the relationship. and yet... she was still getting romantic letters and gifts as if they were in actual relationship? how will THAT work?

and these worries, to be honest go far beyond romances. they are talking about some very ambitions consequences - companions leaving depending on your choices, etc. but between existing flag buffs and bioware's history of simplifying "consequences".... yeah... I'm not excited at all.

Actually, Andronikos doesn't blink if you fool around with another dude in game- even finds a partner himself and gives approval if you chat about it casually. Since he often talks about spending time away from each other when you get bored, and is a pirate, I doubt cheating is a big deal to him.

Actually, Andronikos doesn't blink if you fool around with another dude in game- even finds a partner himself and gives approval if you chat about it casually. Since he often talks about spending time away from each other when you get bored, and is a pirate, I doubt cheating is a big deal to him.

If you're talking about the Sith on Alderaan, that happens literally right after you recruit Andronikus, so unless you've maxed his affection and had every conversation available for Chapter One, you've basically just met the guy. So naturally a near-stranger isn't going to freak out if you sleep with someone that's not him.

Interstingly enough, if you flirt with Talos when you first meet him on Hoth, you lose affection with Andronikus and he snarks about it at one point, so from that, I never pegged him as an "open relationship" type of person. But that's just me.

HA HA HA!!!!

I KNEW IT.

I *********** KNEW IT!

I knew that the companions knew what we were doing even if Bioware didn't program it into the damn game. I told people, if you don't want your husband or wife to get pissed at you, don't cheat on them whether they're standing next to you or not, but NOPE! They told me to suck one.

My main 8 girls have been completely faithful. Oh I'd toss ONE flirt or two out there just as I do in real life but never go through with it. Ha!

Corso, Vector, Quinn, Doc, Torian, Andronikos, Iresso/Tharan, and Jorgan momma has been a good girl!

;)

I'm the Emperor's Wrath and stand above the Dark Council. If Vette has any issue with my "extracuricular activities" then there is always that shock collar she had when I found her. That said, only thing I wanted to do with Lana is stick my lightsaber in her and I mean that in a totally non-innuendo laden way. Edited by Scinald

If you're talking about the Sith on Alderaan, that happens literally right after you recruit Andronikus, so unless you've maxed his affection and had every conversation available for Chapter One, you've basically just met the guy. So naturally a near-stranger isn't going to freak out if you sleep with someone that's not him.

Interstingly enough, if you flirt with Talos when you first meet him on Hoth, you lose affection with Andronikus and he snarks about it at one point, so from that, I never pegged him as an "open relationship" type of person. But that's just me.

the thing is, by that point you could have already flirted with him, and in SWTOR relationship terms - that activates the romance. with nearly every other companion - that also immediately results in negative affection when they witness you flirting.

so I figured he was more annoyed that you flirted with a nerd than anything else. I mean... when you lock in relationship as far as I remember there was the whole... I'm a pirate, I'm not really getting tied down and conventional type.

maybe we are just interpreting it differently, but as far as my Assasin was concerned.. they are both free to seek occasional diversions elsewhere (not that she indulged in that, as people she's met were either not her type, or not available to in game flirt with)

P.S. open relationship =/= cheating. cheating is when you are going for other people against your partner's wishes and lying about it.

@Eanelinea those occasional flirts here and there are part of what worries me. will bioware count them as cheating? who knows with them....

Edited by Jeweledleah

@Eanelinea those occasional flirts here and there are part of what worries me. will bioware count them as cheating? who knows with them....

If they do, my gunslinger is a dead man. He flirted with everything that moved, including Lana and Theron (up until the point where you had to decide which one to go with and he decided he would stick with the home team. Sorry, Sith lady.). Now we know how he ended up in carbonite. Hell, Risha probably sold the ship and kept Corso as a pet...

the thing is, by that point you could have already flirted with him, and in SWTOR relationship terms - that activates the romance. with nearly every other companion - that also immediately results in negative affection when they witness you flirting.

so I figured he was more annoyed that you flirted with a nerd than anything else. I mean... when you lock in relationship as far as I remember there was the whole... I'm a pirate, I'm not really getting tied down and conventional type.

maybe we are just interpreting it differently, but as far as my Assasin was concerned.. they are both free to seek occasional diversions elsewhere (not that she indulged in that, as people she's met were either not her type, or not available to in game flirt with)

P.S. open relationship =/= cheating. cheating is when you are going for other people against your partner's wishes and lying about it.

I dunno if they would. I flirt with people in real life to a point. I've never once cheated or even wanted to cheat on my husband. I would think our companions wouldn't mind a 'oh hai aren't you cute' with a -1 or -2 affection, like I got on Tharan C and Andronikos. Now if I flirted and boinked someone then I could see furniture flying and ducking needing to be done. But that's my two cents.

Aw hell. I started suspecting they might do this a few days ago.

Do I dare risk losing my main's name by deleting and rerolling? He's from the old days too where I did every quest. Crap.

"I swear Kira I was only trying to turn her to the light side... err turn her with my lightsaber:o"

My other characters should be ok. I think I passed on sealing the deal with my consular so Nadia's ok. My trooper hates Imps and Sith so ironically Dorne still loves him. And I always figured my smuggler and Risha were on again/off again (though still OTP)

On the Imperial side, Vector should be ok with sharing, since he's in a hive mind. I'm actually glad Ashara will confront me, maybe this will finally turn her to the damn dark side. And my warrior's blue-balling both Vette and Jaesa, so no worries there. Mako will be an issue though.

So... I think the previous heroes of the Republic and Empire will die and we'll just get some other chump to fight the Fallen Empire. Who's with me?

I dunno if they would. I flirt with people in real life to a point. I've never once cheated or even wanted to cheat on my husband. I would think our companions wouldn't mind a 'oh hai aren't you cute' with a -1 or -2 affection, like I got on Tharan C and Andronikos. Now if I flirted and boinked someone then I could see furniture flying and ducking needing to be done. But that's my two cents.

that's the thing though. in real life it works. in a video game.... where are they setting the flag of extracurricular "yes relationship" vs "no relationship" is it at fade to black? is it at a first flirt? second? certain number of flirts? I have a feeling that given that they are speaking of about an hour of story per chapter terms... and no class specific quests... that they may go with easy way out. you flirted even once? counts as cheating. I would love to be proven wrong. I don't think I will be.

In all seriousness, though the most we got was a kiss. It was never fade to black right?

So is it really cheating?:rolleyes:

My male smuggler faded to black hard core with Theron, no fooling, they walked off and did the deed. Not sure WHERE, but they did.