The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ashe/Lady Insanity just posted a new video with new KotFE info.

Personally, I find the implication that Jaxo would kill herself simply because she has PTSD offensive. There are thousands of people out there who have PTSD, like myself, who have never even contemplated suicide, let alone attempted it.

offensive, really? just because you may not have, just like thousands of others may not have, doesn't mean it does not happen, that we close our eyes to it

ptsd can be that debilitating, and the idea that you are offended because "Jaxxo would kill herself simply because she has ptsd", as if anything about ptsd is simple, is the offensive thing.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

offensive, really? just because you may not have, just like thousands of others may not have, doesn't mean it does not happen, that we close our eyes to it

ptsd can be that debilitating, and the idea that you are offended because "Jaxxo would kill herself simply because she has ptsd", as if anything about ptsd is simple, is the offensive thing.

You clearly stopped reading when you felt like it. I never once implied that there was anything simple about it. In fact, I said the exact opposite. I was refuting the claim of the person I quoted. Nice try, though. Feel free to keep taking what I said out of context.

i was offended by the implication that the individual I quoted made when he implied that "she'd just end up killing herself" because she has PTSD, as if s/he was implying that all(or at least most) people with PTSD "just end up killing themselves."

Allow me to rephrase since English is a godawful worthless language full of ambiguity and nonsense:

"She develops PTSD (as you find out from an in-game mail), and I'm pretty sure [that were the DS option canon] she [would] just end up committing suicide."

But essentially yes, I'm saying she'd kill herself between the tone of her letter and the fact that she has PTSD. I'm not saying that everyone with PTSD commits suicide, I'm saying Jaxo has PTSD and would kill herself (if the DS option was canon, which it's not).

All bears are hairy, not all things with hair are bears, yes?

Edited by Diviciacus

Allow me to rephrase since English is a godawful worthless language full of ambiguity and nonsense:

"She develops PTSD (as you find out from an in-game mail), and I'm pretty sure [that were the DS option canon] she [would] just end up committing suicide."

But essentially yes, I'm saying she'd kill herself between the tone of her letter and the fact that she has PTSD. I'm not saying that everyone with PTSD commits suicide, I'm saying Jaxo has PTSD and would kill herself (if the DS option was canon, which it's not).

All bears are hairy, not all things with hair are bears, yes?

The LS choice was Jaxo dying, so canon would be she's dead.

Saving her, she goes into a big guilt trip about being the only survivor but thanks the trooper and pretty much says she needs to go find herself and it can't be with the trooper (at least if trooper is female).

But guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys, it's not new ops. OMGWTFBBQ! So no ops/fps means no content. GOSH! Has no one sent you the memo? :p

/facepalm.

no new ops = no new GROUP content. unless whatever super secret content they are working on is ALSO group content, just not ops.

story only = one time only per character content. depending on how many characters you have - once you are through it? that's it, you are done. god forbid you don't really want to roll anymore alts.

no one is saying that story is not content. its most certainly content. but story is solo, one time through content. its not something you do with friends and/or guildies. its not really something you can go back to on your favorite character.

so please stop being facetious, just becasue ops happen to be content you personally do not participate in. and honestly? one hour per chapter. I'd say two at most for some chapters. so best case scenario - that's 16 hours of content per character, hopefully with enough distinct flavor that you don't end up bored of it by the time you get couple of characters through. oh hello there Makeb and Rishi/Yavin - at least I don't have to finish Makeb in order to personally acess other areas of the game. I don't usually space bar through dialogue but I've been spacebaring through most of Makeb and RIshi, stopping only to hear my characters speak some of the time (incidentally, I still don't spacebar through class stories).

is bioware forgetting the problems of launch? where they expected that people would take months to hit 50... and instead they took weeks. when bioware forgot that a LOT of MMO players play 20+ hours per week.

again. I don't know what that new an exciting content they are working on is going to be. I know its not ops or dailies/reps or flashpoints or instanced pvp maps, presumably, since they are saying that its not something we have in game yet. maybe they will surprise me and its going to be something awesome and innovative and will provide hours and hours and hours of continuous fun you can have in between waiting for next 1-2 hours of story to be released once a month. maybe. meanwhile - all we know is that the only group content we are getting? is group content we've already been doing for a while - some of it since launch. its great that by making it soloable, more people, newer people will get to experience it. but it doesn't change the fact that its OLD content.

/and honestly? one hour per chapter. I'd say two at most for some chapters. so best case scenario - that's 16 hours of content per character, hopefully with enough distinct flavor that you don't end up bored of it by the time you get couple of characters through.

I believe it was clarified that the "one hour" refers to one hour of actual cutscenes and dialogue. Which means it'll be quite a bit more in actual gameplay, unless one assumes that the expansion's not going to have any combat whatsoever and we're just playing SWTOR: The Interactive Movie. Heck, even exploring some of the different dialogue choices is going to increase that number. Of course everyone is going to get hung up on those two little words "one hour" and freak out endlessly over them. :rolleyes:

They also let it be known in the video that they are working on some secret new content as well aside from the stories, but that they aren't ready to reveal it just yet. And that regular updates will continue alongside the story releases.

Geeze people, stop fixating on one thing for five seconds and actually open your ears. Or continue with the "it's the end of the world, we're not getting any new group content ever!" drama. It's pretty clear which of the two's going to win, but... :p

/facepalm.

and honestly? one hour per chapter. I'd say two at most for some chapters. so best case scenario - that's 16 hours of content per character, hopefully with enough distinct flavor that you don't end up bored of it by the time you get couple of characters through.

1 hour of *cutscenes*. all of SoR, if you add up all the class specific stuff, gives you about 2 hours per faction. KotFE is more than double that and if you only wanna count one faction since while the cutscenes have some differences the story is the same, 4.5 times what SoR had.

Seriously, the lack of group content might be an issue but saying the story content is little is simply false.

Edited by freeoftime

1 hour of *cutscenes*. all of SoR, if you add up all the class specific stuff, gives you about 2 hours per faction. KotFE is more than double that and if you only wanna count one faction since while the cutscenes have some differences the story is the same, 4.5 times what SoR had.

Seriously, the lack of group content might be an issue but saying the story content is little is simply false.

i take it you're not familiar how devs inflate "hours of x" in games?

The LS choice was Jaxo dying, so canon would be she's dead.

Saving her, she goes into a big guilt trip about being the only survivor but thanks the trooper and pretty much says she needs to go find herself and it can't be with the trooper (at least if trooper is female).

That was exactly my point: no matter what choice you take, Jaxo dies. Either the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or she commits suicide out of survivor's guilt.

And in a circuitous, cryptic way, what I'm really saying is "It doesn't matter what people want, the LS choice is canon and Jaxo is dead so stop asking." I was just trying to be a little bit "in character" :p

i take it you're not familiar how devs inflate "hours of x" in games?

I'm going to believe them when they're saying "x hours of cutscenes" since cutscene durations can be accurately measured. If they'd said "x hours of gameplay" that'd be different because how fast you play through things is another matter entirely, but cutscenes I'm willing to believe. If they prove themselves to be liars, so be it, and I'll be mad at them too for that then, but I see no point in assuming they're lying about this before KotFE is even released. It seems unnecessarily pessimistic and tbh I feel bad often enough already anyway, I don't need to add being pessimistic about all my entertainment as well.

I'm gonna fear finding mako again consider I cheated on her with Lana and both will be full time companions in kothfe

I do like the focus on story but am worry about the cause and effect that comes with it tho guess we will just have to see how it turns out

"Companions that you romanced on your character will KNOW that you cheated on them on either Theron or Lana if you romanced them in Shadow of Revan..." Well... my arse is screwed when Kira realizes I romanced Lana.... :w_embarrass:

"Now Kira, put down the lightsaber...."

*swish swish swzzzt*

"We're on a bloody starship, Kira! You'll cause a breach!"

*crackle whoosh whoosh bzzzt*

"KIRA! It was just ONE kiss! It didn't mean anything!" (T_T)

*Lana overhears him and ignites her lightsaber* (O_O)

"Oh, Come on...!" (-_-)'

THIS!!!! XD Made my night right here man..

Exactly how are they going to inflate "hours of cutscenes" in the game?
its easy?

you call all conversations cutscenes.

see how easy that was?

you're putting a lot of stock in this "cutscenes" word you got second hand.

Edited by Pagy

its easy?

see how easy that was?

so you're suggesting they're calling anytime someone speaks in game a cutscene? booooy that's reaching for it

so you're suggesting they're calling anytime someone speaks in game a cutscene? booooy that's reaching for it

To be fair, the official statement has never been "at least one hour of cutscenes" it was "at least one hour of story content." When people asked "wait, what does 'story content' mean?" the creator of the video mentioned cut-scenes as an example of what kind of content she was talking about (as contrasted with the time it takes to run from Point A to Point B on the map and kill 10 Space Rats as you go).

I don't think it would be that crazy to consider that when the devs were talking up the expansion to Ashe/Lady Insanity, they may have told her something like "we recorded over an hour of story content for each episode" - which could include every time anyone says a line.

Personally, I'm expecting that the 'at least one hour' figure is a number they came to by adding up the total of all different dialogue choices. I really doubt any single play-through is going to involve seeing a full hour of cut-scenes - especially since some of those dialogue options are sure to be class-specific lines, or lines that change depending on whether you made [Choice X] or [Choice Y] earlier on.

Edited by DarthDymond

To be fair, the official statement has never been "at least one hour of cutscenes" it was "at least one hour of story content." When people asked "wait, what does 'story content' mean?" the creator of the video mentioned cut-scenes as an example of what kind of content she was talking about (as contrasted with the time it takes to run from Point A to Point B on the map and kill 10 Space Rats as you go).

I don't think it would be that crazy to consider that when the devs were talking up the expansion to Ashe/Lady Insanity, they may have told her something like "we recorded over an hour of story content for each episode" - which could include every time anyone says a line.

Personally, I'm expecting that the 'at least one hour' figure is a number they came to by adding up the total of all different dialogue choices. I really doubt any single play-through is going to involve seeing a full hour of cut-scenes - especially since some of those dialogue options are sure to be class-specific lines, or lines that change depending on whether you made [Choice X] or [Choice Y] earlier on.

Actually, her exact words were: ""Not 1 hour playtime per chapter. Like I emphasized, story content is at least 1 hour. That means FMV/cutscenes/dialogue wheel. Not gameplay. I should have been more specific in explaining that though.""

So, that would not include spoken dialogue outside of cutscenes, since you don't get the dialogue wheel outside cutscenes.

So it's cutscenes and FMV's pretty much.

(according to her, at least)

its easy?

see how easy that was?

Actually... what they stated was "cutscenes/convos/choice wheel". They can in fact cover a lot of ground in an hours worth of this. Taking their class story arcs at release as a reference point... an hour of cutscenes/convos/choice wheel time would require on the order of 10-12 hours productive game play in game in support of advancing the mission(s). I'm sure on subsequent runs...when the player knows the terrain and the challenges.. it would be more like 4-6 hours of productive game play in game.

Of course for the auto-space_bar crowd... it will be way less then an hour on average of cutscenes/convos/choice wheel . Then again... these folks don't give a rats blow hole about story anyway, so their complaints are of the bait and switch variety of complaints because they want something else instead.

Edited by Andryah

Actually, her exact words were: ""Not 1 hour playtime per chapter. Like I emphasized, story content is at least 1 hour. That means FMV/cutscenes/dialogue wheel. Not gameplay. I should have been more specific in explaining that though.""

So, that would not include spoken dialogue outside of cutscenes, since you don't get the dialogue wheel outside cutscenes.

So it's cutscenes and FMV's pretty much.

(according to her, at least)

Oh boy, if we're to the point of applying the canon of 'Expressio unius' to YouTube comments... well, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet we've all reached the point of reading way too much into things.