Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ashe/Lady Insanity just posted a new video with new KotFE info.

multiple charters playing THE SAME STORY", how fun was that on makeb, orricon. etc...

Don't forget...Makeb didn't mix Imp and Pub like this one will...you could argue that Makeb had MORE to offer simply because you had 2 very different stories Imp to Pub.

I'm curious as hell to see how this all pans out.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can accept the same story with every toon, provided that class and choices (to say nothing of companions) have a big enough impact to provide flavor. Ironically, the only thing I think Ziost did right was have some pretty different reactions to my class - especially when Vitiate addressed my Knight or Warrior. If that festering turd was able to do that, I'm hopeful that this giant expansion, that they're obviously putting all their eggs in one basket for, can do it even better

dam i feel for anyone cheated on ds jeasa....although there was that imp soldier in port. just make sure take her saber away...

well my trooper is sol i romanced the girl on makeb and lana

Now now, DS Jaesa just said she'd kill the lover over cheating. Killing the warrior is presumably reserved for the usual Sith business...

OTOH, she was perfectly fine with sharing/having a threesome so long as it was brought up to her. Vette doesn't respond well to this, though. I believe the words "Alderannian trash" are used.

Edited by Canareth

I can accept the same story with every toon, provided that class and choices (to say nothing of companions) have a big enough impact to provide flavor. Ironically, the only thing I think Ziost did right was have some pretty different reactions to my class - especially when Vitiate addressed my Knight or Warrior. If that festering turd was able to do that, I'm hopeful that this giant expansion, that they're obviously putting all their eggs in one basket for, can do it even better

Fully agree.

Will this whole "They will know" rigamarole consider that Vector gave positive relation points acting as wedding witness at the female agent marrying a Voss and with the whole "hive" deal could just say the more the merrier? I can also see a pirate like Andronikos objecting to Theron love but jumping at the chance to add Lana to the bedroom shenanigans.

I hope consequence isn't a loss of their established character for the sake of making choice "matter." I worry their established personalities may suffer.

Don't forget...Makeb didn't mix Imp and Pub like this one will...you could argue that Makeb had MORE to offer simply because you had 2 very different stories Imp to Pub.

I'm curious as hell to see how this all pans out.

Makeb Imperial is two stories in itself with how radically different the LS and DS options are.

well, I'm in for it -- Doc will be furious I know it -- I'll just have to do my best to get him back or be a very lonely Jedi, back to the "Jedi Code " again .... Corso will be very upset, but I've made my choice anyway --- Theron it is ( even if I can't marry him ) ......

the other 2 ( BH and IA ) are fine .... never particularly liked their LIs anyway ..... think I'll start playing with the ones that are unattached and watch the spoilers for the other two to get an idea of what I'll be in for .....

It was new the 1st time someone played it...just like these will be. The "dailies" simply made people want to repeat them.

So how much "new time" has been added since launch for you? Seriously, think about it. About 1 hour per month is probably about right.

So, making 'choices matter' for choices you have made a year ago because at the time they didn't matter. Um.. WTG BioWare/EA.

There have been people who were complaining about their being no consequences for flirting with npcs infront of their love interest. This is their solution to it.

Now now, DS Jaesa just said she'd kill the lover over cheating. Killing the warrior is presumably reserved for the usual Sith business...

OTOH, she was perfectly fine with sharing/having a threesome so long as it was brought up to her. Vette doesn't respond well to this, though. I believe the words "Alderannian trash" are used.

It's never implied to be a threesome. It's "sharing". There's a big difference between a ménage à trois and an open relationship.

Aren't you people overreacting a bit? I mean, I think I heard a "at least 1h long" and everyone goes crazy because they heard only the part they wanted to? :confused:

Or I'm making things up, no way to check it again, don't have headphones on my laptop.

Well.... At least I've got a good guess on how my smuggler wound up frozen in carbonite. ;) I knew Risha seemed too calm. :D

My other lvl 60 is my sorcerer and he won't care anyway. Let Ashara get loud....I'ma put her in an enviro suit, kick her out an airlock while orbiting Korriban, and listen to her scream "don't make me betray my teachings" while Lana and I "get our Sith on" :mad::D

What happens if i married my companion after fooling around with Lana? And after the way she left me having blue balls on ziost lana can suck a d

Ironically, Lana not doing that is how you ended up in this situation.

To answer your question: to make it easier to code the under-the-hood mechanics of companion interaction, the devs most likely will assume that the 1-50 companion story happens before the SOR story. That includes companion LI stories, regardless of the order you actually did them in.

No one actually gets married though. Only engaged, except the BH. (Female does a little Vegas elopement style Mandalorian thing, and for the male, Mako hacks the Imperial and Republic marriage registries and adds your names so you're legally married, if not formally.)

Edited by Diviciacus

Well.... At least I've got a good guess on how my smuggler wound up frozen in carbonite. ;) I knew Risha seemed too calm. :D

Doesn't work for mine. My Smuggler's ironically among the group of my character's that never cheated. Risha trained him very well! :p

No one actually gets married though. Only engaged, except the BH. (Female does a little Vegas elopement style Mandalorian thing, and for the male, Mako hacks the Imperial and Republic marriage registries and adds your names so you're legally married, if not formally.)

If I'm not mistaken the female Jedi Knight actually has a wedding ceremony with Doc. (The only one that doesn't have an off-screen wedding)

Not sure how "legal" it was, but I imagine at the very least it counted for them.

Edited by Callaron

It's never implied to be a threesome. It's "sharing". There's a big difference between a ménage à trois and an open relationship.

With the Warrior's super-bro dialogue option that leads to that and Vette's extremely hostile reaction, I doubt it.

There are a lot of things that are kinky or M-rated that are only hinted at because they wanted to keep the T. Including much of Vette's earlier storyline where even a super Dark Side Warrior gets way out of character to avoid reacting "appropriately" to Vette's sister's situation.

Edited by Canareth

Except that the video said not every chapter will be just one hour, only that it will be an hour minimum. The video mentioned and in case you missed it that some chapters will be longer than others. They also said depending on how you play the game, chapter length will change. So if you simply rush it will be seem short, but if you take your time and enjoy everything it will appear longer.

Not to mention all these chapters will be free just for subscribing like normal and will be repeatable on different characters so you can varied story outcomes, since they said your choices will matter.

Sounds solid to me.

For me and my boyfriend will probably take longer than an hour as we will have to repeat the stories, since we group up to do things and we tend to take our time so I'm not sure an hour is going to be all it will take for us.

As far as the "1 hour of story content" goes, Lady Insanity clarified in the comments that "story content" specifically means stuff like cutscenes and dialogue. My recordings of all the Ziost cutscenes and dialogue adds up to ~40 minutes (and that's being generous, I was rounding up). So if that information is accurate, I would expect each chapter to at least have as much story content as Ziost. That seems pretty decent to me for a monthly release schedule.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.