New Information regarding FE content.

Infernixx

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh of course. I should instead assume it'd completely unrelated to the thing similerlay mentioned earlier and panic. OMG IT'S THE NGE! OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! OMG!

No. That would be making an assumption, which he clearly told you not to do.

Wait a moment so the story doesn´t start off with us being unfrozen but instead the first two chapters show how the Zakuul Empire manages to destroy the republic and empire right?

I assume at least one chapter is tying up a certain loose end from SoR.

Wait a moment so the story doesn´t start off with us being unfrozen but instead the first two chapters show how the Zakuul Empire manages to destroy the republic and empire right?

Apparently, the first two chapters are before the invasion and the second chapter ends with us being frozen.

They describe the first chapter as a tutorial version for new insta-60s.

In case people have already forgotten, we get 9 chapters at launch and 7 more after launch, between Oct 2015 and July 2016.

Almost correct , the 7 extra chapters will be between Jan 2016 and July 2016.

Great find btw.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

It's doubtful Bioware itself paid for that CGI trailer; most likely it was backed by EA and/or Disney as part of the new juggernaut of the Star Wars hype train. It's been a decade since we've had a Star Wars movie (and depending on who you ask, it's been thirty two years since we've had a good one). They are pulling out absolutely all the stops on this. Teasers of movie hype Star Wars, renewed interest in Star Wars fuels TOR, trailer for TOR expac hypes Star Wars, TOR expac hypes movie. Movie hypes TOR.

The fanbase goes full Fry-meme on Disney and EA. We get a cool new movie, games, TOR updates. Disney and EA get all of our money.

Win/win.

Unless you're a cynical ***-hat like what mostly posts on the forums these days.

Days of Bioware paying for anything are over as far as I know. Bioware isn't an independent studio or publisher anymore. " Bioware" is little more than seal EA likes to use for image purposes. So yeah, surely it, like all other TOR related bills are for EA to worry about. It was 5-8-10 millions of disposable SW:TOR cash that got earmarked for making an awesome four minute video about daddy issues.

Wanna try to imagine what 10 millions could have bought for GSF, Conquest, Warzones, PVP or some wild crazy overlap synergy combining all of the above? Or for talking head bits for that matter. In knowing hands, it could have resulted in borderline literal lifetiime of entertainment. Instead, we got 4 minutes of daddy issues. It does not take overkill of empathy to realize why it is very easy to feel a bit bittersweet when looking at dat awesome 4 mins.

Just for comparison's sake and to keep the overall..scale of things in mind,

Best (subjective opinnion!), most unique (objective fact!) part of the entire game, GSF, was developed by pretty much one magnificent hero dev mostly during HIS OWN FREE TIME. When I claim feeding (I speak of literal feeding not pay or hardware or anything. ie I literally mean putting expensive food int heir mouths) of the CGI superstars behind daddy issues trailer ALONE prolly costed EA more than beef of GSF development did. I'd like to think something in this can make one think about stuff. Heh. Entire development of vanilla World of Warcraft cost 60 mils. 1/6 of them daddy issues.

Marketing is ridiculously important, beneficial and vital part of the industry. By now, AAA games occasionally have marketing budgets approaching the overall development costs. Reaction of this community alone is an excellent case in post as to why it pays to build hype: Half of the people on this forum immediately decided coming expansion must be absolutely awesome! Why? because 4 mins of CGI that have absolutely nothing to do with actual gameplay. People are very eager and willing to make this obvious leap in logic. So it prolly pays to buy them their 10 million 4 mins.

....But!! I think above largely applies to NEW. Hype needs something unknown, unthinkable, exciting and new. TOR is several years old MMO of WoW generation. I think it's hype preaches to choir: people who want to play Bioware MMORPG care about the cgi. Those are the same people who already have TOR on their radar as it is. Preaching to the choir. 10 million/psalm. Those who'd get excited of TOR related big news anyway get excited about the video.

Edited by GalacticStarfigh

Apparently, the first two chapters are before the invasion and the second chapter ends with us being frozen.

To me, this has seemed like a fair assumption to make since the KotFE info page on this site first went up when the expansion was announced. They list "Outlander" as the title of chapter 3 and keep referring to the player character as "The Outlander". It seems reasonable that that chapter would then be the one where the character has to start dealing with the new situation in the galaxy.

I'm not surprised to see that confirmed.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

I don't think you're going to see anything beyond the 12x Class XP we have currently. There's no money to be made in doing anything more.

True, but streamlining it for all players would be helpful for the game's health.

True, but streamlining it for all players would be helpful for the game's health.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't update Class story rewards and credits to go along with the XP gains so that side-quests can be completely optional.

If they really wanted to do it right, they'd add in titles, pets, cosmetic gear and other nifty things for the side quests. Make them worth doing for those who want to do them.

To me, this has seemed like a fair assumption to make since the KotFE info page on this site first went up when the expansion was announced. They list "Outlander" as the title of chapter 3 and keep referring to the player character as "The Outlander". It seems reasonable that that chapter would then be the one where the character has to start dealing with the new situation in the galaxy.

I'm not surprised to see that confirmed.

I wonder if Chapter: 1 Hunt is the hunt for Vitiate?

Are they still revamping 1-50 questing?

When the X12 experience boost ends before the expansion all players need to do some of the planet quests so it will be back to normal I guess.

There is no reason for them to do much with older quest content, I would much more see awsome future content.

Edited by Icestar

Oooh, that's enticing. But, would it really make sense to have the tutorial Chapter be the climax to the Vitiate story?

My personal theory was that the beginning two chapters would involve us in our hunt for vitiate stumbling upon the Eternal Empire and having Valkorion or Arcann easily defeat the Emperor Vitiate. That would set them up pretty strong as a threat to everyone.

I don't think you're going to see anything beyond the 12x Class XP we have currently. There's no money to be made in doing anything more.

In the interview he talked about how they're revisiting all of the rewards for the quests. To what extent they're changing things remains to be seen, but it would be inaccurate to say that what we have now is what we're going to get come 4.0. Wouldn't be much of a "revamp" otherwise.

In the interview he talked about how they're revisiting all of the rewards for the quests. To what extent they're changing things remains to be seen, but it would be inaccurate to say that what we have now is what we're going to get come 4.0. Wouldn't be much of a "revamp" otherwise.

Don't read too much into that...they essentially did that with the class XP boost...changed the rewards I mean.

When the X12 experience boost ends before the expansion all players need to do some of the planet quests so it will be back to normal I guess.

There is no reason for them to do much with older quest content, I would much more see awsome future content.

Eh, just adjust EXP/Credit gain would be very helpful.

Smuggler needs help though, I hated having to go back to Risha on the my ship multiple times on Alderaan.

She couldn't contact me via Holo?:rolleyes:

This gave me a huge panicky sensation that I must try to finish the rest of my alts before the expansion hits. I tend to be leery about change :o

I'm with you. I can no longer stand what this game has become but I still cannot get away from it, but you nailed it. Must get the rest of my 55s to 60.

Oooh, that's enticing. But, would it really make sense to have the tutorial Chapter be the climax to the Vitiate story?

I think we will hunt him but i feel Vitiate will get wrapped up sometime between chapter 9-16

Towards the end a "core world transformation" is mentioned.... which could allude to the previous titbits about certain non class story content being re-purposed for "alliances"...

In any case, it all sounds a lot more Cataclysm-ish than NGE-ish. Only hint of mechanical changes have been references to emphasised mobility, which I read as "more move as you cast/instant cast" stuff.

Towards the end a "core world transformation" is mentioned.... which could allude to the previous titbits about certain non class story content being re-purposed for "alliances"...

In any case, it all sounds a lot more Cataclysm-ish than NGE-ish. Only hint of mechanical changes have been references to emphasised mobility, which I read as "more move as you cast/instant cast" stuff.

>inb4 Crushing Darkness on the Move :rak_03:

I agree here. This does seem more along the lines of WoW's Cataclysm expansion with a tad bit of The Shattering (when the worlds got ripped apart and such before Cata was released) and less like doomsday. I know lots of games, especially MMOs will tie the revamp of their game into the lore of the game to make it flow better. Like with Cata people wanted to be able to fly in the older worlds of places like Ironforge or Stormwind and such. Well originally they couldn't because of the invisible ceiling they had in place. So they used the Shattering to rebuild the world around you and Cata to make it make sense why people were now suddenly able to do things they couldn't before.

So, I would assume KotFE is SWTOR's version of The Shattering and Cataclysm all in one. They might not 100% completely change the world like WoW did, but they'll change the world just enough to warrant the Cata-like expansion that KotFE will more than likely be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.