Content Until Expansion

MuzluPasta

Everyone is on the hype train for the new "expansion" but people seem to have forgotten if content will be released in between. Is 3.3 all we are getting ? Gear price reduction doesnt count as content nor does class balancing. Are we even not getting a "tactical" FP and will it be just a rehash of old events and what not ?

Lynch me all you want, but you know its true.

Well, given that they're on ~11 week content cycle. 3.3 will likely be the last major patch before KotFE.

• 3.0 -> 3.1 was 10.5 weeks
  • 3.1 -> 3.2 was 11 weeks
  • 3.2 -> 3.3 will be 12 weeks (if 3.3 is not delayed)
  • therefore, 3.3 -> KotFE will be 14 weeks. (if KotFE is not delayed)

Keep in mind, 3.3 also has Strongholds and will likely have a new playable race. PvP revamp in gearing and ranked queuing changes. All of which is "content."

Edited by Diachi

Yavin 4 and Togruta is new and perhaps we get something that prepares us for the expansion.

I kind of meant "real content".

A new stronghold for your own personal use, well friends maybe, but random people tend not to just chose a stronghold and visit - so it's kind of for your own enjoyment, if you find it anjoyable.

A new skin on-top of the human for characters - sure, it is "new" but not really content. It'll either cost people plenty of CC to first buy the new skin and then to apply it to an existing character or they will have to do the same old content to bring the charcater up to speed.

Other than that - increase in WZ coms cap and making it ridiculously easy to get WZ gear so even the most nooobie nube will have "ranked" gear in a week or two.

Lets also remember that Togruta is "scheduled for 3.3". People should realise how great BW are with delivery dates by now.

Edited by Stoofa

Everyone is on the hype train for the new "expansion" but people seem to have forgotten if content will be released in between. Is 3.3 all we are getting ? Gear price reduction doesnt count as content nor does class balancing. Are we even not getting a "tactical" FP and will it be just a rehash of old events and what not ?

I was wondering the same thing, they left Ziost as one of the worst clifhangers of all time. They said we got to face the emperor but we didnt. This update for pvp is not any new content, it is just them typing in 400 instead of 2500, not exactly hard work. I was actually just thinking about what the hell they are going to do with ziost, I mean, how could they tie it in to the new expansion? Did we just let the emperor rum rampant for 5 years? Seriously?! It seems they are hoping everyone just forgets about ziost.

I am slowly not even excited for the expansion, because they keep saying "your choices matter, each class has their own story" which from the previews we can see is not true at all, we will all ahve around the same story, EXACTLY like SoR with a maximum of 2 very different outcomes, this is a slap in the face for people with a lot of alts. Bioware makes over 170 mill a year, the entire production cost of the game is 200 mill, so they had and have enough money and resources to make class based expansions, but instead we get this homogenized story which forces f2p players to sub in order to get it. Didn't they learn their lesson before? Sub + focus on story does NOT work for this game.

What do you mean "just hang"? That story is probably going to get tied up during first two chapters of KotFE (post carbonite is Chapter 3)

I hope you're right. I haven't heard any news about Vitiate, and that's kind of troubling.

Can you please link the article/source when they say post-carbonite is Chapter 3? I'd like to read more about KOTFE.

I guess we have to wait and see if they release something before the expansion, I agree that it is a bit long to wait until October.

Thats where I'm at. Oct 27 is a bit too long of a wait for playable content in SWTOR. That would indeed hurt this games subscriptions.

ROS OPs were released in what? December. I really don't think it's good for SWTOR to wait till Oct 27 for new playable content (FP's, OPS, New PVP area/maps, new PVE zone)

10 month wait is a bit much for a F2P game.

Thats where I'm at. Oct 27 is a bit too long of a wait for playable content in SWTOR. That would indeed hurt this games subscriptions.

ROS OPs were released in what? December. I really don't think it's good for SWTOR to wait till Oct 27 for new playable content (FP's, OPS, New PVP area/maps, new PVE zone)

I agree with you on the time, but I do not think it will hurt subs, that is why they have some rewards for subs leading up to the expansion. If someone unsubs, they only deprive themselves of things like Nikko and his gear, plus early access.

The only reason my wife and I are staying subbed for the summer, our first summer we will be subbed since launch, is for Nikko and his gear.

I dont think so in WoW where you p2p it feel too long to wait 12-14 months with no content and that happens EVERY expansion over there

As it is its only 4months before we get it from the announcement. that is a reasonable time not 12 months from announcement from previuosly mentioned game!

I know it can be hard if you feel a content drought , I just remember WoW and say yeah NOT THAT BAD afte r all

Edited by Mounds

This is content to me. Get to gear a toon quicker to play a different class in PvP is great fun. Balancing would just be icing on top if they actually do any more as it slightly changes the dynamics of how things play. Of course, the moves there they have been doing recently have mostly been very slight.

Once you go a year and a half of your favorite game mode not having the kind of "content" you seem to be looking for; you learn to appreciate the small things.

PvP revamp in gearing and ranked queuing changes. All of which is "content."

Not to nit pick, but...none of the PvP stuff is remotely considered "content"...they're minor tweaks. Good tweaks mostly, but nothing more than a long needed tweak.

Other than that, I liked your list...but it's kinda sad looking at it. 2015 has not been a good year...

Not to nit pick, but...none of the PvP stuff is remotely considered "content"...they're minor tweaks. Good tweaks mostly, but nothing more than a long needed tweak.

Other than that, I liked your list...but it's kinda sad looking at it. 2015 has not been a good year...

Two level-increasing expansions in less than twelve months is a bad thing? Should there have been three?

When was 3.0 released? Reread my quote and stop picking fights.

By the time 4.0 FE launches, it'll be less than a year and we'll have had 2 major expansions increasing the level cap by 5 levels each time, with new raids, new Strongholds, a new race, a metric ton of new story content...

I honestly have no idea what else people can expect of SWTOR at this point.

By the time 4.0 FE launches, it'll be less than a year and we'll have had 2 major expansions increasing the level cap by 5 levels each time, with new raids, new Strongholds, a new race, a metric ton of new story content...

I honestly have no idea what else people can expect of SWTOR at this point.

Considering they made 170 million in 2014, I expect them to at least finish the content off we just had , ziost was not finished, it needs a conclusion, I expect them to actually balance the classes within 5 % performance of each other, I expect them to add maps to warzones and starfighter. The entire game itself only cost 200 million to make and they have been making 140 mill + since 2013 each year, so they have more than enough money to hire people that know what they are doing and care for the game.

SNIP...

I know it can be hard if you feel a content drought , I just remember WoW and say yeah NOT THAT BAD afte r all

I remember wow too. I remember the 14 month wait of nothing. I also remember the 10 month wait during Dragon Soul at the end of MoP and it was just as bad for the game too.

A 10 month wait in SWTOR with no real addition to playable content is not a good thing no matter how good the expansion claims to be. It's not good in wow and it's definitely not good in a F2P game like SWTOR.

The rewards are decent but nothing stellar except the companion. After July when you get the companion the rest are kinda plain. His guns, a duster and another mount are mediocre in the grand scheme of it. IT's the companion thats the real sell I think and thats done at the end of july. Hell, I think you can already get a duster like his already. Unless it has a "Coat flourish" move, it wont be all that amazing. Same for the guns and mounts if you ask me.

I hope some playable content gets released before Oct 27 because what we have now is starting to get a bit stale.