Will Bioware Add Same-Gender Relationships to Class Companions with KOTFE?

Kranitoko

This SGR is getting quite old, you people need to realize you aren't taking over the world and that there are still morally sound people and families in this world who would like to keep things as NORMAL as possible especially in video games that their kids play. It is a game. Leave it at that. Im sure I will get reported for voicing my opinion but I am not harassing anyone or using any bad language. You will cry the discriminating card but I feel like I am being discriminated against not being able to voice my opinion over this matter. Let BW make the game the way they see fit. If disney introduces this kind of behavior into the SW universe then a lot of people will be done with it.

Listen, buddy. I, myself am heterosexual. I actually LIKE the fact that Bioware has added the SGR romances in the game. It helps me with my Role Playing my characters even more. Hell, my husband, who is also heterosexual, has both male toons and female toons. His FEMALE trooper romanced Jorgan. Yes, he sat there and hit all the flirts with Jorgan and watched it. I have toons who are either completely gay, bisexual, wasn't sure, and are heterosexual.

If you DON'T like that you can flirt with NPCs or future companions of the same sex, then DON'T hit the flirt option! My heterosexual toons kept getting the flirt option for Lana or Theron depending on which would be considered same sex, guess what? I just didn't select flirt. It's not like they show the two characters in excruciating detail having hot wild monkey love. Most times it's 'hey you're sexy', 'so are you' SMOOCH, and fade to black.

FFS don't be a spaz. If you don't like it, don't pick the flirt option or stop playing. In several articles I've read, Bioware, whether for SWTOR or Mass Effect or Dragon Age or whatever game they're making has stated in not so many words 'we're adding same sex, if you don't like it, sit and spin!' (I of course paraphrased this)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing it back on point: I want hot man on man action in my Star Wars. It should have been Luke and Han to hook up. That would have been awesome. Therefore, Male Jedi Knight/Theron Shan must be a possibility in the expansion.

Likewise, I want hot woman on woman action in my Star Wars.

And hot woman on man action. And hot man on woman action. And um...Blizz, Bowdarr, Treek, and Skadge for people who are more adventurous.

I will never say no to more options for romance in a BioWare video game. I may not choose to pursue all of the options myself, but I'm always happy when they're included.

More on topic: I don't think they will add anything to the original 1-50 companion content. However, it seems clear to me that they will be adding new companion content in KotFE. And they know that a lot of people want SGR with current companions, so I think there is a decent chance it will be added. They've been pretty good with SGR options in recent content.

As for not adding SGR because it doesn't "make sense" . . . I dunno, I never really understood that being an issue. I don't believe that one's sexual orientation is necessarily obvious, and we simply don't have enough information and interaction with our companions to know it for sure. Heck, my Smuggler is married to Corso and I don't think I even know his favorite color, let alone if he has ever in his life entertained the notion of another male being attractive. :p

No matter how evil or good or how ugly or attractive your character is, no matter if they are Pureblood or Human or "alien scum", you can romance your companion. So I'd imagine that if our companions are anything but completely and 100% straight, they'd be up for a romance with a same gender character.

Just my 2 credits. :)

Edited by Gwena

Here are the facts:

SGR is going to happen, whether you like it or not. Don't write your senator just yet, because you have a choice to simply not participate.

SoR is only the beginning of real SGR occurring in this game and it will only continue. Not because BW is trying to be respectful or trying to be cool devs. Its because of a few reasons:

1) New canon has a SGR character

2) Its a fictional story, who effing cares what a fictional character does. Plus you control your character. Its not like the NPC's are going to kiss you without your consent

3) Its a choice (in the game, mind you) and one you can simply ignore.

Those who are crapping their pants over SGR need to get over it, because it is not going anywhere. You can do what you do IRL, just avoid it.

2)Its not like the NPC's are going to kiss you without your consent

I've now conflated this with the thread from the guy who wants more Malgus and new flashpoints with Malgus, to envision a rainbow-coloured armour for Malgus with him forcefully propositioning and kissing the player character.

...I need sleep.

I've now conflated this with the thread from the guy who wants more Malgus and new flashpoints with Malgus, to envision a rainbow-coloured armour for Malgus with him forcefully propositioning and kissing the player character.

...I need sleep.

Okay, now I want to see this. Mostly for the lulz of MALGUS in rainbow-colored armor running after the player character ala Peppe Le Pew. :p

2) Its a fictional story, who effing cares what a fictional character does. Plus you control your character. Its not like the NPC's are going to kiss you without your consent

Well, Aric Jordan did rape my very female protagonist - she(and I) thought they were just kissing, but then it faded to black and when the screen came back, it turned out he's had his way with her, without even asking(I mean, even Malavai the traitor had the decency to ask!). Ewww. So I think there could be more things like that, same gender or no.

Okay, now I want to see this. Mostly for the lulz of MALGUS in rainbow-colored armor running after the player character ala Peppe Le Pew. :p

I need sleep too because i heard the pepe le pew kissy noises in my head as i read and imagined it!

😅

This SGR is getting quite old, you people need to realize you aren't taking over the world and that there are still morally sound people and families in this world who would like to keep things as NORMAL as possible especially in video games that their kids play. It is a game. Leave it at that. Im sure I will get reported for voicing my opinion but I am not harassing anyone or using any bad language. You will cry the discriminating card but I feel like I am being discriminated against not being able to voice my opinion over this matter. Let BW make the game the way they see fit. If disney introduces this kind of behavior into the SW universe then a lot of people will be done with it.

1: you are actually harassing people by implying that they are not moral and not normal.

2: not being allowed to discriminate against others is not discrimination.

3: So be it, but people who can't stand this kind of behaviour shouldn't be playing this videogame anyway, since the games storyline itself violates many other religious rules for certain religious groups (and yes, I'm just gonna assume you are religious) EDIT: Also, apparantly there's a lesbian in the new canon books, so I guess y'all are gonna leave anyway then?

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Well, Aric Jordan did rape my very female protagonist - she(and I) thought they were just kissing, but then it faded to black and when the screen came back, it turned out he's had his way with her, without even asking(I mean, even Malavai the traitor had the decency to ask!). Ewww. So I think there could be more things like that, same gender or no.

A female Warrior and Quinn is all kinds of icky. Not only is he almost twice their age, he's downright frightened of her advances in a way similar to how all the non-Sith quest NPCs don't like flirting with Sith..And that's before he really owes his life to her.

-

The thing with SGR over current content is where do you stop making current NPCs bisexual? Is everyone who is near-human and works for you bi? Seems silly, especially with there also being existing NPCs (quest and crew) that will shoot down romance completely.

love the internet !!

your opinion that is fine.

btw one can choose to respect whomever they wish. No one has to respect everyone.

That show me you dont know what Respect is thanks ^^

You're actually wrong here. Like he does not have to respect everyone, you do not have to respect the homophobes in this thread either. He is quite correct in this.

But on the other hand...

for me i can just not choose the option but for my kids that play id like an option to have it not in the conversations

I know it would be difficult to do and too much work but meh worth asking for

that is the difference I RESPECT my kids and they RESPECT me!

It is not respecting your kids if you want to hide this option from them, simply because you don't want them to choose it. Respect for your kids means also respecting who they are and the choices they make.

A female Warrior and Quinn is all kinds of icky. Not only is he almost twice their age, he's downright frightened of her advances in a way similar to how all the non-Sith quest NPCs don't like flirting with Sith..And that's before he really owes his life to her.

Actually, I found this kind of hot. Not the Warrior basically brow beating him to be her baby daddy, but the older part. My girl was 18 when she started flirting up a storm with him, and he was 37. I have all kinds of head canon on this. But I DO get the point.

The thing with SGR over current content is where do you stop making current NPCs bisexual? Is everyone who is near-human and works for you bi? Seems silly, especially with there also being existing NPCs (quest and crew) that will shoot down romance completely.

Thing for me is, I WANT SGR in this game, but I DON'T want every single new companion or NPC we interact with being bisexual. I want SOME mixture. Only gay, only lesbian, only heterosexual. I like that Theron and Lana are bisexual, but if they make every single new companion or NPC in KotFE bisexual then they begin messing with what I consider realism. I know, neither the game nor Star Wars is real, but still, having a mix is nice.

You really feel discriminated against because people request SGR relationships in here? And seriously? Lol kids aren't going to get messed up by taking notice of SGR in a video game.

You really feel discriminated against because people request SGR relationships in here? And seriously? Lol kids aren't going to get messed up by taking notice of SGR in a video game.

Also, how old does dude think people who have kids are these days are? Pretty sure anyone with minor kids is from the demographic that is pro-marriage equality, nevermind people being free to have whatever relationship.

Same gender kissing is about the 876th thing that I would not let my hypothetical young kid play this game over.

Wow. Why does anyone care what sexual orientation a player might take on with their npcs? And who cares if kids see a same sex relationship here? Here's some parenting 101 for all you who worry about your kids seeing same sex relationships: tell your kid that those two people love each other, and that's what is important in life i.e finding that person who makes everything more fun, and who you want to experience things with, and all that mumbo jumbo. And tell them that that person for individual could be of the same sex as them. Describing how the world is today to your kid is also called "not living in the stone age of mental thought".

I'm straight. And I couldn't care less if every single NPC had romance able options. I'll romance Mako and Vette every time anyway since they're my girls and tell every other npc I'm not interested. No skin off my back. None at all. If they're going to allow romances in game just let everyone have their choice. I just hope that there isn't an Anders added to the game. That guy was way too pushy for my taste in DA II. I had to refuse him just way too much.

I can see it all ready. Those who want same sex relationships in game are going to demand I open up my stronghold to them so they can shove it down my throat...and if I refuse they will report me...call me names say I don't respect their way of playing the game while at the same time not respecting my way of playing a game.

Nobody can demand that you open your stronghold, the same way that no one can demand that you let them in your home IRL.

Same gender kissing is about the 876th thing that I would not let my hypothetical young kid play this game over.

"I can murder a kid's father in front of him, but two men kissing is immoral" - The apparent logic of people who oppose SGRs in this game.

"I can murder a kid's father in front of him, but two men kissing is immoral" - The apparent logic of people who oppose SGRs in this game.

"I can rape a woman as a Trooper on Tatooine, torture my personal slave as a Sith Warrior, and murder a man then present his severed head to his wife as a Bounty Hunter, but God forbid two adult, consenting women fall in love in an emotionally healthy relationship."

Don't like SGRs in TOR? Don't click on the explicitly labeled [Flirt] prompt.

Edited by Cythereal

"I can rape a woman as a Trooper on Tatooine, torture my personal slave as a Sith Warrior, and murder a man then present his severed head to his wife as a Bounty Hunter, but God forbid two adult, consenting women fall in love in an emotionally healthy relationship."

Don't like SGRs in TOR? Don't click on the explicitly labeled [Flirt] prompt.

The only reason I just didn't remotely enjoy the 2 flirt options available with Theron and Lana was because there was less dialogue I could prompt to investigate more about the Revanites on Rishi... but after having played through it several times I really don't care. Most of my first run through classes are already done so any copies I run through rishi for gear, comms, and exp I just space bar through everything for sake of time. All in all I just want more dialogue choices, more like other BW games where when you say one thing you can prompt other conversations, and would also like to be able to talk to my companions whenever I wish, again like other Bioware games which I felt this game was lacking.

Side note: What about the trooper? Lol don't recall that option. But it seems totally out of character for my trooper so.. quite confident I did the right thing there...

SWTOR includes a lot of dark elements, SGR is not one of them. Let's see, there's;

- Drug trafficking, including people being forced to transport drugs that have been surgically implanted in their bodies. You can literally cut out the drugs from their guts.

- Torture and generally a lot of killing. You can kill someone's father in front of them as someone has already mentioned. You also have the option to blow people up - including children. Murder, murder, everywhere.

- Sex slaves. Come on, they're everywhere.

- Sex and slaves in general. You can force Vette to watch whilst you have sex with a woman. You can torture Vette. Slavery is all around. Sex is all around.

- Racism, there's a lot of it.

Do I need to go on? This is not a game for children. Certainly not. If two men or women kissing bothers you more than what I wrote above, I think you need to become a better parent.