What's your legacy surname?

Soulmatey

I keep seeing surnames like Immortal, Godlike, Starshaper, Starseeker, Godshater, the Killer or duplicating their own name (Lord Beavis Beavis; Lord Lord Lord).

My face is already hurting from the facepalms, so I'm hoping to see something original!

P.S. Still didn't come up with my own! Trying to remember some favourite literature characters.

And this is why I played on the RP server! :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing surnames like Immortal, Godlike, Starshaper, Starseeker, Godshater, the Killer or duplicating their own name (Lord Beavis Beavis; Lord Lord Lord).

My face is already hurting from the facepalms, so I'm hoping to see something original!

Starshaper and Starseeker are not that bad at all. Very starwarsy :) I originally planned all my character's name with first and last names, way back before we knew that there will be no such option, and my smuggler had something similar. Now, with the Legacy names, I had to chose something that fits almost all of them. Tough.

But the name-terror sadly is a standard in mmos. Just for greater truth:

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/646

Somewhere out there is a trooper called 'Major' who took the 'Major' surname.

(wonder how many people get this reference :p)

"The Army only has one Major Major Major Major, and it does not intend to lose him."

"Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

oh and, for good measure, my favorite line from the whole book:

"The enemy," retorted Yossarian with weighted precision, "is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on, and that includes Colonel Cathcart."

Soze.

My main is Keyser and my first alt will be Kaiser, and for good measure there's a Kizer waiting in the wings, although to be honest I find the name Sozeurface Soze (my trooper alt) kind of amusing.

"He lets the last Hungarian go. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and then he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. Nobody has ever seen him since. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. "Rat on your pop, and Keyser Soze will get you." And no-one ever really believes. "

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Dra'Karth. Doesnt come from anywhere that I (consciously) know of, just popped into my head.

I have a smuggler on a different server that is a stand alone character (to hang out with some mates that rolled on a different serve) He is Captain Samuel Vimes