4.0 Sentinel/Marauder Wishlist

jauvtus

Definitely want to see the Concentration/Fury bloat addressed. Only Sentinel spec I play anymore, and I really like how it plays as-is, but it's got a ridiculous amount of buttons with no replacement skills.

An idea for this would be for Concentrated Slice to share a cooldown with Dispatch and have a new execute-range benefit - flat damage increase, or increased crit chance. Giving TST some sort of interaction with the Concentration rotation would be nice, too - add it to Flagellation's energy damage proc, maybe? Do also agree with removing Blade Storm from the rotation (mentioned earlier in relation to Fury and Scream), bake the Focus generation in elsewhere.

Just some quick spit-balling.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?!?! That would be broke beyond belief, assassins currently get 12s on a 90 second CD and that's broke. What your proposing is beyond OP especially when you consider predation effects your whole team! A team with 3 sent could just rotate looking it for 100% up time on immunity, can't see anyone trolling regs like that:rolleyes:

If that were to work at all it would have to be cut down, 3 seconds would be imo the best duration, that's 2 gcds and lets you get off a full ravage. That said I'm completely against all this added immunity all of a sudden and don't think any class should have it but if it has to come I'd rather see it in a workable way then just a heavy handed moove like that.

So HO for PT is broke too then? cause they can use HO every 30sec and have 10 second of immunity with only 1 utility point And PT can put the hurt on you from 30m away marauders can not.

And the 12 seconds deflection has 50% damage reduction and the immunity sins get from 1 utility point. sins also got bunch of stuns and distant roots, where as the marauder has none unless they sacrifice mobility.

Versus the 10% reduction damage reduction predation gets. Tieing the immunity to pred is better then tieing it to, force camouflage and more helpful to our mobility, and make the immunity have iCD 30 sec cd so people that use stacks can't abuse it and only IMMUNITY EFFECT THE CASTER only is far better trade off seeing if marauder inst in 4m range they cant do anything damage. which is made worse by the fact we dont have any ranged root. that baseline like sins, this would be helpfull from pvp/pve stand point do to how unfriendly new ops are melee marauder for more worse off in this department then any other melee.

Edited by Kyuuu

Moving while channeling ravage/master strike. Carnage only. Would that be OP?

I'd rather ravage channel over 2 seconds baseline for carnage. Since they reduced the damage of it I don't see a huge problem with that. With berserk you could get a full ravage off in a global. No need to be able to move while channeling it if its faster.

I'd rather ravage channel over 2 seconds baseline for carnage. Since they reduced the damage of it I don't see a huge problem with that. With berserk you could get a full ravage off in a global. No need to be able to move while channeling it if its faster.

I dont want moving ravage, i rather they make is 1-2 second cast time base for all, moving ravage will just look stupid would be usfull i guess but would still look stupid imo

I dont want moving ravage, i rather they make is 1-2 second cast time base for all, moving ravage will just look stupid would be usfull i guess but would still look stupid imo

Exactly, which is why I'd prefer a faster channel.

So HO for PT is broke too then? cause they can use HO every 30sec and have 10 second of immunity with only 1 utility point And PT can put the hurt on you from 30m away marauders can not.

And the 12 seconds deflection has 50% damage reduction and the immunity sins get from 1 utility point. sins also got bunch of stuns and distant roots, where as the marauder has none unless they sacrifice mobility.

Versus the 10% reduction damage reduction predation gets. Tieing the immunity to pred is better then tieing it to, force camouflage and more helpful to our mobility, and make the immunity have iCD 30 sec cd so people that use stacks can't abuse it and only IMMUNITY EFFECT THE CASTER only is far better trade off seeing if marauder inst in 4m range they cant do anything damage. which is made worse by the fact we dont have any ranged root. that baseline like sins, this would be helpfull from pvp/pve stand point do to how unfriendly new ops are melee marauder for more worse off in this department then any other melee.

First and foremost the original post I referenced said immunity to CONTROLLING effects, controlling effects includes stuns, HO does absolutely nothing against stuns so yes I absolutely think this would be more than broken and much worse than any complaint about HO. PTs also have to sacrifice 3 utilities, 1 from each tier, not 1 for similar buffs, 1 for the speed, 1 for duration increase and 1 for CD reduction

The 12 seconds sins get isn't damage reduction it is defense chance against only white damage (which about 90% of damage in pvp is not) and even if they get the extra defense compared to pred pred has 1/3 the CD so an extra 20 seconds immunity in the same time frame! Which would you rather have ;) And while I will give you that each spec has more

Also a Mara is fine for short terms at 10m range, force scream/raging blast for fury, devastating blast/vicious throw for carnage, annihilation is the worst with only force rend (can still you force scream just not ideal rotion) Is being at 10m ideal for any spec? No. Workable? Yes. Oh also dual saber throw for all specs :D

I may not have gotten far enough in the current hm but to my knowledge the only fight this would help pve wise is hm underlurker, as far as any other fight there isn't any reason to really need the immunity

On and while sins may be able to destroy us in number of root/stuns go if speced for it it is by no means baseline.

First and foremost the original post I referenced said immunity to CONTROLLING effects, controlling effects includes stuns, HO does absolutely nothing against stuns so yes I absolutely think this would be more than broken and much worse than any complaint about HO. PTs also have to sacrifice 3 utilities, 1 from each tier, not 1 for similar buffs, 1 for the speed, 1 for duration increase and 1 for CD reduction

The 12 seconds sins get isn't damage reduction it is defense chance against only white damage (which about 90% of damage in pvp is not) and even if they get the extra defense compared to pred pred has 1/3 the CD so an extra 20 seconds immunity in the same time frame! Which would you rather have ;) And while I will give you that each spec has more

Also a Mara is fine for short terms at 10m range, force scream/raging blast for fury, devastating blast/vicious throw for carnage, annihilation is the worst with only force rend (can still you force scream just not ideal rotion) Is being at 10m ideal for any spec? No. Workable? Yes. Oh also dual saber throw for all specs :D

I may not have gotten far enough in the current hm but to my knowledge the only fight this would help pve wise is hm underlurker, as far as any other fight there isn't any reason to really need the immunity

On and while sins may be able to destroy us in number of root/stuns go if speced for it it is by no means baseline.

PT need 1 Utility (torque boosters) for 10 seconds immune movement impairment usable every 30secs they have hard stun never mind the fact PT can put the hurt on you from range will STILL rooted in place

Jugg's 1 utility (through power)point for 10 seconds immune to movement impairment usable ever 1minute

Then jug can get 2nd immunity from force jump for 4 seconds with unstopable and can root you from distance with "whiplash"

Sin 1 utility (dark stability ) for 12seconds immunity to Roots and movement impairment every 2 minutes

They can root for 2 second from distance low slash 30m range every 15 secs with creeping terror from 30m range root for 2 seconds with no CD on the actual skill just the root only can happen ever 9 second on same target all with out specing in to it. and has a hard stun.

Marauder does not have hard stun they have mezz with from 5 meter around them, they have no Distance root that baseline, we have to spec for that and if we do that that 2 utility point lost in mobility so do you really want argue mobility issues on marauder versus others.

Edited by Kyuuu

PT need 1 Utility (torque boosters) for 10 seconds immune movement impairment usable every 30secs

Jugg's 1 utility (through power)point for 10 seconds immune to movement impairment usable ever 1minute

Sin 1 utility (dark stability ) for 12seconds immunity to Roots and movement impairment every 2 minutes

Dark stability doesn't provide immunity to movement impairment. It only provides immunity to stuns and mezzes.

Dark stability doesn't provide immunity to movement impairment. It only provides immunity to stuns and mezzes.

then description for dark stability is wrong, none the less it moot, PT/SIN/JUG have way more mobility and control over targets then marauders. and if you argue they dont you dont play marauders enough to know how screwed they became when 3.0 hit

Give Carnage deadly throw at baseline as it would be with both crippling slash utilities taken and remove both crippling slash utilities

Make the replacement skillful utility: unleash heals for x% of max hp when used

Make the replacement heroic utility: force choke sucks the life force of your target healing you for some appropriate amount of health

An additional utility point to spend

A replacement ability for ravage that deals similar damage and has no channel time. Animation should be spinning acrobatic yoda vs dooku style move

Definitely want to see the Concentration/Fury bloat addressed. Only Sentinel spec I play anymore, and I really like how it plays as-is, but it's got a ridiculous amount of buttons with no replacement skills.

An idea for this would be for Concentrated Slice to share a cooldown with Dispatch and have a new execute-range benefit - flat damage increase, or increased crit chance. Giving TST some sort of interaction with the Concentration rotation would be nice, too - add it to Flagellation's energy damage proc, maybe? Do also agree with removing Blade Storm from the rotation (mentioned earlier in relation to Fury and Scream), bake the Focus generation in elsewhere.

Just some quick spit-balling.

No, please no shared CD with Dispatch. That would take away from our burst potential when the target is low health. Unless it literally deals all the damage of Dispatch (or maybe 70-80% of it) as additional damage in exec range, but that would probably be too much as it would always be an instant kill on crit lol.

I agree with the bloating problem though.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

Heres my take on combat (and sith counterpart) to make it better then what it is. if combat is supposed to be burst then lets make it PURE upfront damage. not dots, no gimmicks just pure damage. so here are a few ideas of mine i have been kicking around for combat and i looked at the lore to try and keep it in star wars lore

- Slash gets replaced with blade rush at level 26)

- make a master strike like attack instant for the combat tree only and replace it with:

Shiak Stab: instantly stab the target with both weapons dealing (####) weapon damage with main hand and (####) weapon damage with the offhand weapon

Instant 8 focus 30 second Cooldown (shares a cool down with master strike) (4 m range)

- Get rid of the healing reduction effects on leg slash and make it an ACTUAL attack instead.

Tactical Strike: a calculated strike that deals (####) weapon damage and reduces the healing on a target for 8 seconds

Instant 4 Focus 10 second cool down (4m range)

Mind Trick: Blinds the target up it a minute (5 secs in pvp) (cannot be dodged or parried)

Instant 4 Focus 2 min Cooldown (replaces force stasis) (10 m range)

Quick Strike: an quick offhand saber attack that deals #### energy damage

10 second cooldown 3 focus (ignores the GCD) (4m range)

Force Smash: You reach out and grab your target with the force, and smash him into the ground dealing (####) force damage knocking him down and stunning him for 2 seconds

Instant 7 Focus 45 sec cooldown (10 Meter range)

Revert precision back to 4.5 seconds and leave it as is (we don't need it as an extra attack since we have tactical strike to replace it)

Discipline trimmings.... (for all classes)

(skillful) Make Trailblazer baseline with said skills:

(Masterful) Make Force fade baseline for force camo (as it SHOULD have been from the start)

Move Just Pursuit here

(Heroic) Make Expunging camo also baseline (as it SHOULD have been from the start too)

**new passive**

Skillful blades Passive: Critical strikes from Mercilessness Slash, Clashing Blast and Concentrated Slice burn the target for (####) energy dmg over 12 seconds (can only occur every 30 secs)

Edited by Mrdann

then description for dark stability is wrong, none the less it moot, PT/SIN/JUG have way more mobility and control over targets then marauders. and if you argue they dont you dont play marauders enough to know how screwed they became when 3.0 hit

I am not stating an opinion on who is more mobile than who. I was merely correcting a misconception is all. The dark stability tool tip states that it provides immunity from stuns, sleeps, incapacitating effects, and lifts. Which, in short, are stuns and mezzes. That said, I think dark stability should be removed from the game as it is stupid.

Edited by Saikochoro

Heres my take on combat (and sith counterpart) to make it better then what it is. if combat is supposed to be burst then lets make it PURE upfront damage. not dots, no gimmicks just pure damage. so here are a few ideas of mine i have been kicking around for combat and i looked at the lore to try and keep it in star wars lore

- Slash gets replaced with blade rush at level 26)

- make a master strike like attack instant for the combat tree only and replace it with:

Shiak Stab: instantly stab the target with both weapons dealing (####) weapon damage with main hand and (####) weapon damage with the offhand weapon

Instant 8 focus 30 second Cooldown (shares a cool down with master strike) (4 m range)

- Get rid of the healing reduction effects on leg slash and make it an ACTUAL attack instead.

Tactical Strike: a calculated strike that deals (####) weapon damage and reduces the healing on a target for 8 seconds

Instant 4 Focus 10 second cool down (4m range)

Mind Trick: Blinds the target up it a minute (5 secs in pvp) (cannot be dodged or parried)

Instant 4 Focus 2 min Cooldown (replaces force stasis) (10 m range)

Quick Strike: an quick offhand saber attack that deals #### energy damage

10 second cooldown 3 focus (ignores the GCD) (4m range)

Force Smash: You reach out and grab your target with the force, and smash him into the ground dealing (####) force damage knocking him down and stunning him for 2 seconds

Instant 7 Focus 45 sec cooldown (10 Meter range)

Revert precision back to 4.5 seconds and leave it as is (we don't need it as an extra attack since we have tactical strike to replace it)

Discipline trimmings.... (for all classes)

(skillful) Make Trailblazer baseline with said skills:

(Masterful) Make Force fade baseline for force camo (as it SHOULD have been from the start)

Move Just Pursuit here

(Heroic) Make Expunging camo also baseline (as it SHOULD have been from the start too)

**new passive**

Skillful blades Passive: Critical strikes from Mercilessness Slash, Clashing Blast and Concentrated Slice burn the target for (####) energy dmg over 12 seconds (can only occur every 30 secs)

Blade Rush already replaces Slash, it's only the game doesn't say they share CD, because they don't have one.

MS being channeled ability, even though we are melee it's so iconic, and unique, we shouldn't change that, what we need is a dmg boost on the ability (looks at guardian harder hitting MS with 1 saber...)

Leg slash is pretty much useless, we are asking for merge of utilities for way too long

Mind trick in you suggestion has problems: 1 min cc in pve=8s in pvp, and it cant be replacement for force stasis, mind trick is mezz, force stasis is hardstun.

Quick Strike is called Ataru attack in the game I believe :p

Force Smash already existed in the game long ago, it was a consular ability and they removed it for being OP, so don't expect it to return.

btw how did you calculate these crazy high focus costs?

Reverting Precision for 4,5s would be nice, but most ppl agree we rather need a stack-based precision.

For utility questions, we have a whole thread about them

For Skillful blades: you start the post by saying COmbat shouldn't have dots, and in the end you want a burning dot for all 3 disciplines, not like they need it...

Edited by jauvtus

• Revert Watchman/Anni selfheal back to its old form and buff it back up to 2%.
  • Replace the Stoic/Brazen utility with Expunging Camo and make Stoic/Brazen a passive instead.
  • Get rid of Force Melt or make it a replacement attack like suggested many many times.
  • Give Rupture a cooldown and make it reset on proc. Also make it tick every second again, please. It feels weird to only have 3 ticks, but mabye that's just me.
  • Increase Ravage damage by about 15-20%. Increase the CD if you have to.
  • Increase the Gore window back to 4.5sec.
  • Fix the ability bloating for Concentration/Fury.

The cooldown on rupture/cauterize seems awesome, reset is also awesome. Agree with force melt, anything that makes it easier to manage the dots so we can actually focus on the fight. I like the way master strike is working now, its good for rotations (except watchmen obviously)... everything seems nice and some even OP, i think sentinel needs some kind of CC immunity like guardians for pvp/some pve fights (so utility wise).

About the cauterize 3 ticks, do you even know this game? the less ticks = less zen charges wasted = zen works better.

The other ideas are not as nice.

Edited by James_Mcturney

About the cauterize 3 ticks, do you even know this game? the less ticks = less zen charges wasted = zen works better.

The other ideas are not as nice.

Yes, I do know about this and I mentioned this in at least one of my posts a while back (maybe PTS forums). I know it would be a nerf, but in turn for all the buffs I suggested it really wouldn't be a big deal. This is just a feeling of me. It feels weird to have a DoT only tick three times. It almost doesn't feel like a DoT. It used to be 6 times pre 3.0 and it just felt more fluent that way. But again, that's just my preference.

This seems reasonable: have smash spread deadly saber. If it's a problem with transferring stacks, simply spread a fixed number of stacks, like say 1 or 2.

I'll tell you a little secret: you can already spread all 3 stacks of deadly saber. Just use sweeping slash 3 times after actvating it or 2 sweeping slash, 1 DST. (Sweeping Slash range is exactly the same as Smash)

Perd: to make us run way faster

Carnage damage: work on making it scale better off crit so we can have really high burst at times on the same level as other classes.

Lower the cool down of all are defensive cd's. If there all we are getting to stay alive they should be available a lot more often.

Force Camo takes us out of combat so we can use brooding to heal as soon as we hit force camo.

Edited by Lampwrecker

Perd: to make us run way faster

Carnage damage: work on making it scale better off crit so we can have really high burst at times on the same level as other classes.

Lower the cool down of all are defensive cd's. If there all we are getting to stay alive they should be available a lot more often.

Force Camo takes us out of combat so we can use brooding to heal as soon as we hit force camo.

Idk why do I answer here as well:

Predation: we are already the fastest, we dont need more boost on it, lol

Carnage has burst issues but not because of critical rating

Lowering the CD of either Saber Ward or Undying Rage would be nice, but not both, thats OP.

We are not a stealth class, why could we exit combat every 45s? Even stealth classes have combat stealth at 90s CD minimum!!!

You dont need brooding to h2f

Edited by jauvtus

Lowering the CD of either Saber Ward or Undying Rage would be nice, but not both, thats OP.

We are not a stealth class, why could we exit combat every 45s? Even stealth classes have combat stealth at 90s CD minimum!!!

Listen fancy pants I might not know all the names of the moves off the top of my head but you might be catching my drift. The only thing marauders really need is more damage in carnage and they just need to remove dot sped from pvp it is the stupidest thing they have ever came up with.

Edited by Lampwrecker

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with pretty much what you said. I think carnage burst is great if you can get your gore window off. I often have 12-13k DB and 11-12k VT. I would like a charge based gore window. 3 Charges and ravage would take up 2 (and they should increase damage of ravage to make it worth using with gore). Sigh...I remember taking people from 100 - 0 with gore ravage scream combo....of course that was in midbies so take it with a grain of salt. Didn't get to max level till after 3.0.

I have always thought that saber ward had somewhat of a long cooldown. I say drop it to 2 minutes.

Edited by Saikochoro