4.0 Sentinel/Marauder Wishlist

jauvtus

Concentration:

Watchman:

Increase time duration of Cauterize from 6s to 9s.

Self-heal should be 2% of your maximum Health, this effect can be occured

Carnage:

Increase Damage Dealt by Precision Slash, Increase time duration of Precision and give him Global Cooldown.

That should be the start for Sentinels in 4.0

No, don't increase the duration of Cauterize again, we fought long for it to be shortened. They just didn't go through with the whole concept we proposed: 6sec duration, CD with reset proc and removal of Force Melt/Rend as a DoT and making it a replacement skill instead. Self-heal should obviously be 2% of max health on crit again.

Precision Slash doesn't deal any damage at all as it's just a self-buff currently. It doesn't even require a target, you just activate it when you need it. Duration should be increased but no GCD, that would negate the increase...

Edited by DynamiCtagez

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Increase the Rage gain of Battering Assault by 2

Decrease the Global cooldown by.5 across the board.

Also, clean up the ability bloat in Rage. You shouldn't have to press more buttons to do the same damage as the other specs.

Classes in general:

For the classes that have skills that replace other ones and share cooldowns, Make both abilities deal the same damage. It would be great to be able to choose which skill you would like to use and would add a bit more customization on a personal level. Force Scream > Devastating Blast. Let me use Scream again!!!

Then what is the point of the other ability? Why even have it at that point?

Marauders in general:

Shorten duration on the cooldown version of Predation and add 5 seconds of immunity to movement impairing effects (Player casting only, not whole group) Currently I pick this utility only as a PvE one. Simply because the uptime of it is far worse than the normal version.

I hate to break it to you but if you spam Predation on the Fury System, outside of Frenzy the CD averages out to about 30s. Which just so happens to be the CD of Predation on the CD system. All it needs is the ability to be Reset with Frenzy and everything is good.

Merge the crippling slash utilities. Nobody picks them both for pvp. It's a complete waste, especially with the new changes to immobilize.

I would have to agree, but also disagree. I love Maiming Reach, but only because I can Trauma a Healer from 10m. I don't use Crippling Slash often for the 50% slow because I spam Predation.

Reduce Undying rage cooldown by 30 seconds so that the Utility choice makes it a 2m cooldown.

Yes.

Carnage: Gore buff should be charges rather than a stunnable window of predictability. Also I would say another skill that is added on top of the existing 6 button rotation. For the new 4.0 skill, please add in some acrobatic awesomeness that does not replace Force Charge! One that is similar to Obliterate in the way of leaping to targets that are not leap-able with Charge.

Well, we use Dual Saber Throw on CD because it's free AOE DPS, and it's 2 Free Rage, so I think we have more than a 6 button rotation. But nevertheless. The Force Dash/Vicious Dash ability idea being thrown around would work perfectly for this.

Annihilation: The current rotation relies too much on RnG for Energy management. Increase Rage built by Force Charge and Assault. If the rotation is not going to be changed to the pre 3.0 awesomeness. Then please do not add yet another awkward skill into the rotation. for 4.0 give us an alternative rage builder something that would replace Force Charge in the rotation but not share a cooldown with it.

Meh. IDC about Anni Anymore.

Fury: Make Smash the center of attraction again. Remove Raging burst and replace it with Smash. Buff Smash 10-20% to compensate. This spec has become extremely bloated with skills now. 4.0 new skill, Ravage replacement or Scream replacement. If making the changes to Predation to allow immunity, then remove the immunity associated with Force Crush.

Erm. no. If anything Raging Burst needs an upgrade in damage. and Force Scream needs to be removed from the rotation.

Thoughts in Bold.

Obliterate should not be in Fury, it should be a Carnage ability (We are the acrobats of the Marauders after all...) Replace Obliterate with Furious Blast, make it deal a little less damage, but still grant the procs that Obliterate did.

They should just pull their heads out of their arses and admit they named the stances wrong.

Cauterise/Rupture are both highly acrobatic animations, and force leap/charge is also used rotationally at point blank range. Ataru is also supposed to have highly flowing attacks, and Merciless strike matches that pretty well (Annihilate would probably need a different animation).

Switch the names on Ataru and Juyo.

I love the idea of the additional charge OR push where you can push someone out with yourself. It would definitely be fun to use either of those. That being said, I still think we still need more survivability compared to other classes. Saber ward should be a 2 minutes cd imo. I also think they should make predation be stock on 30 second cooldown system and replace the current talent with one that adds a 10% heal over the duration of predation. We don't get to run away and heal and have no self heals (except anni of course but these won't give you another life). I always like to look at the dmg taken until death at the end of solo matches. Maras/Sents always die with the about 57k-70k dmg taken (high end is for anni heals) compared to every other class (minus sniper) who takes 90-125k dmg before death. This represents a huge disparity imo. They could do a lot of things to improve our survivability tbh. They could give us the 30% dmg reduction when stunned (we are of course the most susceptible to stun in the game) or make obfuscate affect all dmg instead of just physical. I think any number of these things would help (just to clarify I am not suggesting all of these changes! just throwing out ideas).

Thoughts in Bold.

Classes in general: Purely for choice, not for MOAR POWAH!!! Seems sad that these animations just go to waste once we get an improved replacement version.

Marauders in general:

Predation: You can keep 100% uptime of predation in carnage if you dont use Ravage/DST. Try it when queued in a group, pretty good with the Unbound utility. You wont even miss the skills you dont use as a result.

Carnage: I really like the sound of that new skill! BW Take note.

Fury: Removing Scream from the rotation removes scream from end game marauders. Which is another reason we should have a choice about the abilities used. I think the same about my Assassin tank and the Depravating volts/ Force lightning skills.

Classes in general: Purely for choice, not for MOAR POWAH!!! Seems sad that these animations just go to waste once we get an improved replacement version.

They don't... They are used on other classes. If you want that animation... Play the class that uses that animation.

Marauders in general:

Predation: You can keep 100% uptime of predation in carnage if you dont use Ravage/DST. Try it when queued in a group, pretty good with the Unbound utility. You wont even miss the skills you dont use as a result.

Carnage: I really like the sound of that new skill! BW Take note.

Fury: Removing Scream from the rotation removes scream from end game marauders. Which is another reason we should have a choice about the abilities used. I think the same about my Assassin tank and the Depravating volts/ Force lightning skills.

Fury is meant to be a Single Target Burst spec, not an AOE Burst Spec. So, removing Raging Burst is out of the question. Also Force Lightning as an Assassin looks stupid as all getout, Depredating Volts was a much needed animation change

Thoughts in Bold, again.

No, don't increase the duration of Cauterize again, we fought long for it to be shortened. They just didn't go through with the whole concept we proposed: 6sec duration, CD with reset proc and removal of Force Melt/Rend as a DoT and making it a replacement skill instead. Self-heal should obviously be 2% of max health on crit again.

Precision Slash doesn't deal any damage at all as it's just a self-buff currently. It doesn't even require a target, you just activate it when you need it. Duration should be increased but no GCD, that would negate the increase...

Why sould someone fought for reducing duration of Cauterize? Why you fought for nerf? I think it sucks... every 4 GCD is Cauterize. DPS was lowered about 100-150 dps. I think it wasn't necessary.

Why sould someone fought for reducing duration of Cauterize? Why you fought for nerf? I think it sucks... every 4 GCD is Cauterize. DPS was lowered about 100-150 dps. I think it wasn't necessary.

Because Watchman used to be a spec with short but HARDER hitting DoTs, that you wouldn't have to keep up constantly, because they had a CD. Rupture used to have a reset proc. It had a 6sec duration, ticked every second and dealt more damage than it does nowadays. I know it's hard to understand for people who haven't seen what Watchman/Anni used to be capable of before the nerfs. If you would've followed the discussion in the PTS forums you would know. They didn't go through with what most Marauders players proposed: Reverting the playstyle back to pre 3.0 and making Force Melt a replacement attack instead, because it feels clunky and makes the rotation feel weird compared to pre 3.0.

This might never happen, because BW chose to ignore us for months now, I doubt they'll all of a sudden change their mind. But either way, it's what most of the long-time players wished for.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

Because Watchman used to be a spec with short but HARDER hitting DoTs, that you wouldn't have to keep up constantly, because they had a CD. Rupture used to have a reset proc. It had a 6sec duration, ticked every second and dealt more damage than it does nowadays. I know it's hard to understand for people who haven't seen what Watchman/Anni used to be capable of before the nerfs. If you would've followed the discussion in the PTS forums you would know. They didn't go through with what most Marauders players proposed: Reverting the playstyle back to pre 3.0 and making Force Melt a replacement attack instead, because it feels clunky and makes the rotation feel weird compared to pre 3.0.

This might never happen, because BW chose to ignore us for months now, I doubt they'll all of a sudden change their mind. But either way, it's what most of the long-time players wished for.

I play Sentinel from start so i know how Watchman works, but i dont believe that BW change Watchman/Annihilation back to 2.0. But before 3.0 has Cauterize/Rupteure 6s duration, hit every seconds and proc reset cooldown of Cauterize/Rupture, now we have low damage DoT wich you must spam every 4 GCD and hit every 2 seconds. So you wanted Hard hitting DoT and you get just shorter Duration of Cauterize and lower DPS?

You got Overload Saber, that's Hard hitting DoT.

IBut before 3.0 has Cauterize/Rupteure 6s duration, hit every seconds and proc reset cooldown of Cauterize/Rupture, now we have low damage DoT wich you must spam every 4 GCD and hit every 2 seconds. So you wanted Hard hitting DoT and you get just shorter Duration of Cauterize and lower DPS?

You just repeated what I said.

I know the problems this spec currently faces.

I don't believe that BW will go back to pre 3.0, but I hope future changes will come as close to it as possible.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

I don't believe that BW will go back to pre 3.0, but I hope future changes will come as close to it as possible.

Same here: Meaning PLEAAAASE don't lengthen Cauterize/Rupture dot again, it's so much better this way. I'd rather have 6 sec dots only, that's what Watchman was always meant to be imo...

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

Moving while channeling ravage/master strike. Carnage only. Would that be OP?

No, wouldn't be OP, at least not in PvP. It pretty much wouldn't do very much as you would still have to stay in melee range and be easy to interrupt. I'd rather have more damage on Ravage than being able to channel on the move.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

Moving while channeling ravage/master strike. Carnage only. Would that be OP?

We will find out: they will make this possible and if we manage to get better dps in pvp or pve (because of less unfinished channel, its not a dmg buff ofc) they will take it away, cause sent/mara are not intended to be a good dps.

One patch later Vigilance Guardians will get it.

This will go heard like so many other things.

Give use back Crippling throw/Deadly throw and make the 3sec root part of it.

Drop the 2 crippling slash utility. we all know you did this just to FILL utility for the class in in process screw our utility

Take the 15% movement speed OUT of Phantom and merge it into Defensive roll seeing 2 of 3 the effects of Defensive forms are ready in it. and remove the brazen and make it passive to all cause that is requirement for all not option. Or do what we asked and make Defensive Forms Passive to ALL and all effect fo to all. but you's seriously need to stop put mandatory skill for use in utility tree

Merge Unbound and expunging camouflage. and tie the immunity to controlling effects to predation and not camouflage. just make the immunity to controlling effect have icd of 30secs.

This way our utility tree isnt a cluster **** of skill we need just to get back pre3.0 mobility feel free to replace the utilities removes with Utilities that ARNT MANDATORY for the class. pre 3.0 marauder had way better mobility and controlling skills then the do atm, cause we have to sacrifice more then 1 thing to get things back. and even then we cant get back pre3.0 mobility.

Brooding and dual wield mastery should passive to all. not asking for dps buff we ask for pre 3.0 mobility back they decided to screw us on

Edited by Kyuuu

Concentration: Zealous Leap sends you backwards away from the target, when you're stacked on it, in pve. It's really problematic during the last phase in ToS when you're burning the Machine Core. It sends you well outside that 5m range. Not game breaking otherwise but really obnoxious.

More of a fix than any change I'd like to see. I wish it'd get fixed? There we go, now I'm withing the parameters of the thread discussion.

Edited by Couver
because

I think I will be happy with just an extra toptier utility point...

Anyways.. I would really like Ataru form trees have a skill that is actually acrobatic. How about jumping over the target thats in front of you so you end up behind target, and stabbing downwards with both sabers when youre above them?

Edited by Karkais

Merge Unbound and expunging camouflage. and tie the immunity to controlling effects to predation and not camouflage. just make the immunity to controlling effect have icd of 30secs.

30 secs of immunity to controlling effects? O.o

It would be 10s of immunity to all controlling effects. Which would be fine. on a 30s Internal Cooldown.

so would be able to use every 30 secs for complete immunity for 10 secs? i'm not understanding exactly what you're proposing.

Edited by sumquy

They have good dmg as is. My issue with them is their defense. They are toonsquishy in pve especially. They need to make them less squishy, increase their defence so they can take some hits in ops not just die from a single hit.

In pvp they can take a lil more but not by much, DPS guardians / juggernauts can take more and not just because of the heavy vs medium armor, they just have better defences even in a DPS spec.

Edited by Nightblazer

It would be 10s of immunity to all controlling effects. Which would be fine. on a 30s Internal Cooldown.

Seriously?!?! That would be broke beyond belief, assassins currently get 12s on a 90 second CD and that's broke. What your proposing is beyond OP especially when you consider predation effects your whole team! A team with 3 sent could just rotate looking it for 100% up time on immunity, can't see anyone trolling regs like that:rolleyes:

If that were to work at all it would have to be cut down, 3 seconds would be imo the best duration, that's 2 gcds and lets you get off a full ravage. That said I'm completely against all this added immunity all of a sudden and don't think any class should have it but if it has to come I'd rather see it in a workable way then just a heavy handed moove like that.

Edited by Nic__