Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Temple Chair (Basic) Exploit

EricMusco

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An hour after they went live. And everyone was well-aware of the exploit right from the start since Fleet Chat was thick with talk about it.

It definitely wasn't an hour after they went live, I logged into the game roughly 2-3 hours afterwards. Equally, not every player logs in to the game sat on fleet. The only way I found out about this was from a guildie.

Not the game launcher, not from fleet chat and not from the forums.

Haha we all know those who make statements like that don't have any sources...

No U.S. court has ever ruled that EULAs are valid or invalid, but there is a precedent of striking down certain terms due to some of the courts viewing software as a good and not a license, which is probably what he his referencing.

LOL, what? Ever heard of an EULA?

Yes, it doesn't state that you can't buy and sell from vendors normally. I mean this isn't a glitch or a bug it is normal use of a vendor in game.

Feel free to go read up on the terms and conditions laid down in SWTOR.

I'm just playing devil's advocate I don't think people should be banned for capitalising on poor coding. Punish the person who made the mistake in the first place, not the end user.

AKA: Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Edited by -Hughesy-

Yes, it doesn't state that you can't buy and sell from vendors normally. I mean this isn't a glitch or a bug it is normal use of a vendor in game.

I'm just playing devil's advocate I don't think people should be banned for capitalising on poor coding.

I am quite confident that the terms of service indicate that Bioware is able to decide what is and is not an exploit and take action on accounts deemed to be using exploits as they see fit. It would be silly and impractical for a user agreement to specifically define what is and is not an exploit.

And I strongly disagree with you. I think anybody using this exploit to make millions and millions of credits should be permanently banned from the game.

And I strongly disagree with you. I think anybody using this exploit to make millions and millions of credits should be permanently banned from the game.

And I hope 90% of the player base do just that so bioware sink their own ship. Then you can spend hours on fleet trying to find a group for anything. :p

Buying something from a vendor and selling it back to that vendor for more than you paid for it is not "normal."

It is

What about gear you get from boss fights that isn't bound? People sell them for inflated prices on the GTN that could be considered "not normal" in your authoritarian world, ban people who make money on the GTN!

Give me a break jeeez

It is

What about gear you get from boss fights that isn't bound? People sell them for inflated prices on the GTN that could be considered "not normal" in your authoritarian world, ban people who make money on the GTN!

Give me a break jeeez

Err, no. Your example there is not, in any way, the same as the example "Buying something from a vendor and then selling it back immediately for a profit".

Anyone would ahve thought you're attempting to justify the exploit.

I'm just playing devil's advocate I don't think people should be banned for capitalising on poor coding.

Funny you should use that word. The first synonym for it on thesaurus.com is exploit. Lets see what the Rules of Conduct says about exploits.

To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:

Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

The fact that they added the statement to the launcher takes away any chance that this is viewed as intended since Bioware has publicly stated that this is not how the item should work.

Why try to justify people's cheating?

It is

No, it's not. Your rationalization has failed. You post like someone who has used the exploit and is desperately trying to justify it.

Are you going to stick to your own little sub-topic, i.e., buying stuff from vendors? Or are you going to continue to try obfuscate the issue by tossing out more red herrings?

And I hope 90% of the player base do just that so bioware sink their own ship. Then you can spend hours on fleet trying to find a group for anything. :p

If even a much smaller fraction than that did this, the economy would be so borked that BW might as well shut the game down anyway.

Let me help you.

It's under "11. Rules of Conduct".

All level 10 too I assume lol? Wow...

On The Progenitor it's from 8 to 60, mostly 60. But a lot less people doing it though.

Edited by Halinalle

No U.S. court has ever ruled that EULAs are valid or invalid, but there is a precedent of striking down certain terms due to some of the courts viewing software as a good and not a license, which is probably what he his referencing.

Source?

I'm sure the 200k+ who recently got banned over at WoW would love to talk to you IF this were the case.

If it is such a big issue take the servers offline and fix it.

It's the only real way to stop people doing it, the longer you leave it the more people are going to do it.

Crying on here does diddly squat and no really cares about your opinion or how much of a fanboy you are.

I'm done here, *runs off to make level 10 character on different account and heads to fleet :D*

Edited by -Hughesy-

Read them yourself.

General Rules and Guidelines To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior: Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

I'm done here, *runs off to make level 10 character on different account and heads to fleet :D*

Done, 'cause you know you been pwn'd.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.