Temple Chair (Basic) Exploit

EricMusco

Well I for one think they should either take the servers down NOW to fix it, or allow people to use this feature.

If biofail cant test the game properly, why should users have to suffer.

The only way I will accept the current stance is if bioware agree to credit at least 1 million credits to every *Character* that does NOT use this FEATURE.

Note my use of the word Feature, and not Exploit.

Bioware's incompetence does not equal an exploit.

An exploit is something that has to be worked out, not something clearly advertised on a vendor (And the god damn login screen) because someone forgot to update the sell price as well as the buy price.

Edited by TandyUK

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Even before 3.0 you got mats to get a hilt from the operations storyquest anyway.

Not all of them. There is a reason that mass manipulator generators used to sell for about 300k credits.

In any case, the point is that the economy is an important part of the game. Runaway inflation is bad for economies, and it will hurt the game.

Edited by CmdrShpd

Well I for one think they should either take the servers down NOW to fix it, or allow people to use this feature.

If biofail cant test the game properly, why should users have to suffer.

The only way I will accept the current stance is if bioware agree to credit at least 1 million credits to every *Character* that does NOT use this FEATURE.

Note my use of the word Feature, and not Exploit.

Bioware's incompetence does not equal an exploit.

An exploit is something that has to be worked out, not something clearly advertised on a vendor (And the gosh darn login screen) because someone forgot to update the sell price as well as the buy price.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, too bad it doesn't agree with fact. It is an exploit, not a feature. If for no other reason that Bioware has declared it as such and you agreed to the Terms of Service regarding how bugs / exploits are handled.

Well, what do you buy? Not many 198 stuff available for credits I'd say. 192 is probably quickly obtained though Operations anyway. Without those you don't need it anyway.

There is more than just elder game. To be honest as soon as I hit level cap with a toon they are dead and I start another. I use credits to keep my companions all geared through the leveling process and yes with the coms change it makes it easier but with more than 2 companions you will start to need extra pieces from somewhere. Rather than sit there and hope the piece I need drops randomly I buy the green gear with the correct stats from the gtn or I buy crafted mods and armors if I have the companion in oranges. Yeah a bunch of stuff is cosmetic but there is a fair amount of gear that can be bought.

Why does this community always feel like every exploit, every new item (slot machine), even normal mmorpg aspects like training cost will ruin this game economy? I have been here since launch and have been playing mmos way before that and I can't recall a single mmo that comes close to the fear some of you have for this games economy.

Through all the doom and gloom and prediction not once has swtor economy come close to collapse, and I can guarantee you an exploit that the devs know about, an exploit that is plastered on the log in, all over these forums won't collapse it either...

Why does this community always feel like every exploit, every new item (slot machine), even normal mmorpg aspects like training cost will ruin this game economy? I have been here since launch and have been playing mmos way before that and I can't recall a single mmo that comes close to the fear some of you have for this games economy.

Through all the doom and gloom and prediction not once has swtor economy come close to collapse, and I can guarantee you an exploit that the devs know about, an exploit that is plastered on the log in, all over these forums won't collapse it either...

It will ruin it eventually, not in one week and maybe not in one month but it is inevitable. MMO with cheap currencies is a dead MMO. That's why all sane devs should fix it ASAP...

Edited by Glower

It will ruin it eventually, not in one week and maybe not in one month but it is inevitable. MMO with cheap currencies is a dead MMO. That's why all sane devs should fix it ASAP...

Can you give an example of "an mmo with a cheap currency is a dead mmo".

Again the doom and gloom some of you put out is ridiculous.

This exploit will NOT ruin the economy and as you believe kill the game...it's really that simple.

massive inflation

Hey Eric,

Just letting you know that the chair issue doesn't appear to be the only current exploit. I noticed last night that the experts medpacks on hoth were buyable for 1000 credits and sellable afterwards for 2000 credits. I'm assuming thats not working as intended considering the damage that could do to the economy

You might want to tell someone to look into that

There is more than just elder game. To be honest as soon as I hit level cap with a toon they are dead and I start another. I use credits to keep my companions all geared through the leveling process and yes with the coms change it makes it easier but with more than 2 companions you will start to need extra pieces from somewhere. Rather than sit there and hope the piece I need drops randomly I buy the green gear with the correct stats from the gtn or I buy crafted mods and armors if I have the companion in oranges. Yeah a bunch of stuff is cosmetic but there is a fair amount of gear that can be bought.

Ok, I normally care little for leveling stuff. And I don't think you will find many people being jealous because of your level 30 gear. Generally you can get most (at least end) gear to less effort then making money. Think something like this exploit would be a lot more problematic in a game like Diablo 2 where you could use in game currency to buy really rare (sometimes very powerfull) item that few people ever see.

Edited by Aaarrrgon

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE just play the game and enjoy it for what it is without having to find little cheats and hands up to help them at every opportunity. Why can't you learn to police yourself???

Why keep cheating?

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE just play the game and enjoy it for what it is without having to find little cheats and hands up to help them at every opportunity. Why can't you learn to police yourself???

Why keep cheating?

I can give you a few reasons...

Entitlement

Me me me

Working for something is foreign to them

They have been handed everything they want

I have more if you want just ask...

Ok, I normally care little for leveling stuff. And I don't think you will find many people being jealous because of your level 30 gear. Generally you can get most (at least end) gear to less effort then making money. Think something like this exploit would be a lot more problematic in a game like Diablo 2 where you could use in game currency to buy really rare (sometimes very powerfull) item that few people ever see.

It has nothing to do with someone being jealous of the gear it has to do with a player being able to afford the gear. If a bunch of people are already charging over 40x the cost of making armorings without extra credits in the system to soak up, what do you think the going markup will be once the average player has half a billion credits? Will that still not impact the person playing the game legitimately that only has at best 10k coming off their starter planet? Sure there may be little gear impact for your one or two characters at level cap but that still does not discount the need to buy gear while leveling for everybody else.

I noticed last night that the experts medpacks on hoth were buyable for 1000 credits and sellable afterwards for 2000 credits.

You are wrong. I just checked and the Expert's Medpack costs 1,000 credits and can be sold for 100 credits, resulting in a 90% loss, same as with all vanilla items. Maybe you bought a stack of 20, then the sales price is 2,000 credits but you would have spent 20k to buy them.

This isn't a bug bioware coded in the prices and made a typo. You can't ban people for using a vendor normally, not when they are paying for the service. Unless of course you intend to refund the ban time cost to the end user. If not I would say people have just cause for legal consumer action.

Chastise the idiot who made the mistake within bioware and fix it with a patch, don't take it out on your customers.

This isn't a bug bioware coded in the prices and made a typo. You can't ban people for using a vendor normally, not when they are paying for the service. Unless of course you intend to refund the ban time cost to the end user. If not I would say people have just cause for legal consumer action.

LOL, what? Ever heard of an EULA?

LOL, what? Ever heard of an EULA?
Yep I'm sure EA with their fleet of lawyers would smack this down relatively fast. It is sad though, that an exploit like this can get so out of hand. I guess that's just how gamers are now. Self entitled people. :rolleyes: