Temple Chair (Basic) Exploit

EricMusco

Well then, maby your brother should have his own account in this free-to-play game instead of playing on your account?

Doesn't matter though, it's your responsibility since you are the one who let him play. If you let a minor play with your stuff, you're responsible for what they do with it.

Like you said, you're an adult. Act like one and take responsibility for what you did instead of trying to get some leniency because it was not you at the keyboard when it happened.

Subscriptions cost money, he wanted to use a full access account. "Let a minor play" pfft its a game, not me selling alcohol to kids; what a silly thing to say.

Now how do I take responsibility for something that was out of my power? I wasn't around. I only ask for some leniency because there's real money involved.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA That's a good one really, had me on the floor there. But actually, lets be a little sympathetic here. Would I have responded to every ****nut here if it wasn't an actual problem..?

Also why post if you're not going to be helpful, I don't see where that makes sense.

Well yes, you would have responded to every "person".

Why is that so hard to understand for you? Do you really think that if someone exploited on purpose and then was upset that they got banned and tried to get out of that ban by lying, would just stop responding if someone said they didn't believe them?

Also, we're posting because you should know better than to let your 12 year old brother play with the game unsupervised. I mean, you are claiming to be an adult, after all.

So yeah, that's why we're posting despite not being "helpful" (I honestly don't understand what kind of help you expected to get. It's not like we have the power to unban you or anything).

Actually they are... it's against the TOS to play more than one person on the same account IIRC. (probably to stop situations just like this one)

Like I said before, I'm not going to be an *** and say my 12 year old brother cant play on a full access account. Again, MONEY is not worth throwing away if its available.

Subscriptions cost money, he wanted to use a full access account. "Let a minor play" pfft its a game, not me selling alcohol to kids; what a silly thing to say.

Now how do I take responsibility for something that was out of my power? I wasn't around. I only ask for some leniency because there's real money involved.

I never said you were selling alcohol to kids.

And if he wanted to try out a full access account, you could have let him click on your referral link, that would have given him 7 days free subscription.

Or you could have bought a subscription for him if you had that kind of money.

And it wasn't out of your power. That's just an excuse. You have the responsibility, the fact that you left him unsupervised doesn't remove the responsibility from you.

There should be no leniency since you obviously need to learn something about responsibility.

If I had a 12 year old brother and I let him play one of those mobile games where you can buy stuff for real mone, and he then buys a ton of stuff when I'm not there, that doesn't mean I should get a refund. I'm still responsible for what my brother does when he's using my stuff.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Like I said before, I'm not going to be an *** and say my 12 year old brother cant play on a full access account. Again, MONEY is not worth throwing away if its available.

It's obvious that you are completely oblivious to what responsibilities you have as an adult. Some times you have to say no to your kid brother.

What if he asks if he can drive your car or use your credit card?

Are you gonna go "I'm not going to be an *** and say no" then too?

Well yes, you would have responded to every "person".

Why is that so hard to understand for you? Do you really think that if someone exploited on purpose and then was upset that they got banned and tried to get out of that ban by lying, would just stop responding if someone said they didn't believe them?

Also, we're posting because you should know better than to let your 12 year old brother play with the game unsupervised. I mean, you are claiming to be an adult, after all.

So yeah, that's why we're posting despite not being "helpful" (I honestly don't understand what kind of help you expected to get. It's not like we have the power to unban you or anything).

Its star wars...what do you mean unsupervised? Why cant he? Where does it say kids can't play?

Now helpful would be referring to the first reply I got. "Call customer support"

It's obvious that you are completely oblivious to what responsibilities you have as an adult. Some times you have to say no to your kid brother.

What if he asks if he can drive your car or use your credit card?

Are you gonna go "I'm not going to be an *** and say no" then too?

Im just going to keep saying, its a star wars game. Did your parents say "no you cant watch the star wars movies"..? It doesn't even make sense to say "What if he asks if he can drive your car or use your credit card".

Its star wars...what do you mean unsupervised? Why cant he? Where does it say kids can't play?

Now helpful would be referring to the first reply I got. "Call customer support"

Well, first of all, the game is rated T so he's still too young.

But that's not the point. The point is you let him play on your account, so you are responsible for whatever he does on your account.

He could have done a ton of other things that is against the ruled and could have had you banned.

What if he had started saying racist stuff in the chat or simply sold of all the stuff on all your characters?

Still your responsibility.

I've let my cousins kids play the game (11 and 12) but they don't get to do it unsupervised.

I'll sit there nearby so I can check on them and see that they aren't doing something stupid that will get me in trouble or make me upset (like deleting all my characters).

You leave someone alone at your computer playing on your account? Doesn't matter who it is or how old they are, it's still your responsibility because you let them do it.

Im just going to keep saying, its a star wars game. Did your parents say "no you cant watch the star wars movies"..? It doesn't even make sense to say "What if he asks if he can drive your car or use your credit card".

That's no comparison. I couldn't break any rules that got my parents banned from owning the movie or anything.

This is a game, yes, but it is a game with rules that need to be followed.

You let someone play on your account and they broke the rules. That means it's your fault for letting them do that.

It's simple really.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

I never said you were selling alcohol to kids.

And if he wanted to try out a full access account, you could have let him click on your referral link, that would have given him 7 days free subscription.

Or you could have bought a subscription for him if you had that kind of money.

And it wasn't out of your power. That's just an excuse. You have the responsibility, the fact that you left him unsupervised doesn't remove the responsibility from you.

There should be no leniency since you obviously need to learn something about responsibility.

If I had a 12 year old brother and I let him play one of those mobile games where you can buy stuff for real mone, and he then buys a ton of stuff when I'm not there, that doesn't mean I should get a refund. I'm still responsible for what my brother does when he's using my stuff.

And I never said " if he asks if he can drive your car or use your credit card" that it would be okay. He doesn't have money for the game , why can't he live out his star wars fantasy with what he has available.

You can keep trying to argue why I'm the one that's wrong but most of what you're saying is foolish.

Edited by Daqwerty

Looks like you're whining about the negative consequences of loaning out your account and ducking out of accepting any responsibility for your terrible decisions.

That said, I'm pretty sure you're making up a story about a brother when it was likely you that exploited, instead.

Then again, maybe I'm wrong and you really did share an account with your brother, instead.

And I never said " if he asks if he can drive your car or use your credit card" that i would say it would be okay. He doesn't have money for the game , why can't he live out his star wars fantasy with what he has available.

You can keep trying to argue why I'm the one that's wrong but most of what you're saying is foolish.

He can certainly live out his star wars fantasy even if he doesn't have money for the game. It's free to play.

But it's obvious that you are someone who has never learned to take responsibility for their actions, so trying to explain why you should is like headbutting a brick wall. :rolleyes:

Looks like you're whining about the negative consequences of loaning out your account and ducking out of accepting any responsibility for your terrible decisions.

That said, I'm pretty sure you're making up a story about a brother when it was likely you that exploited, instead.

Then again, maybe I'm wrong and you really did share an account with your brother, instead.

Either way, he is at fault.

Daqwerty - Please stop talking. Either you tried to cheat and broke the terms of service and will get a ban.

Or you let someone else use your account and still broke the terms of service.

It doesn't matter what you think or how fair/unfair it is. It's not your call-it's Biowares.

The law is hard, but it is the law.

(Also nobody here really cares).

Fine, whatever. If i'm banned...Oh Well...I'll spend my money elsewhere. Honestly I think you're taking this too seriously. If you really think it was a "Terrible Decision" you should be an adult and figure out whats actually important, maybe get some actual responsibilities of your own.

To settle this, I do in fact have a brother, he's 12 and exploited a tiny part of the game (which is being treated like a bomb threat) fine, not saying it didn't happen...just that I'm not the one that did it...kids will be kids....

Think about what I've said so far, does it really all seem unreasonable? If you can't see at least one thing that makes sense to you then fine.

Fine, whatever. If i'm banned...Oh Well...I'll spend my money elsewhere. Honestly I think you're taking this too seriously. If you really think it was a "Terrible Decision" you should be an adult and figure out whats actually important, maybe get some actual responsibilities of your own.

To settle this, I do in fact have a brother, he's 12 and exploited a tiny part of the game (which is being treated like a bomb threat) fine, not saying it didn't happen...just that I'm not the one that did it...kids will be kids....

Think about what I've said so far, does it really all seem unreasonable? If you can't see at least one thing that makes sense to you then fine.

The one thing that doesn't make sense is why you seem so determined to say, "I'm an adult" and talk about responsibilities. Presumably most people on the forums are supposed to be adults (in terms of age), have some form of income, bills, and at the very least a credit card...

Edited by azudelphi

You shared your account, which is against the rules. A character on the account exploited a bug, also against the rules. The account will be actioned. Very simple.

May I suggest that you create a second account for your brother to use? No chance of being effected by your brother that way.

If "kids will be kids" as you say, doesn't that suggest that you, as the adult with the account, must take responsibility for the actions of said kids?

The one thing that doesn't make sense is why you seem so determined to say, "I'm an adult" and talk about responsibilities. Presumably most people on the forums have some form of income, bills, and at the very least a credit card...

Let's make this simple: As an adult, I have other responsibilities so i'm not playing, but i still pay for the account and don't want to waste it. Also, I was just responding to how he thinks a responsibility of mine is to watch a 12 year old play star wars...

Said simply, I don't like to waste money, how would I have known that something (such as this chair thing) would actually come with the cost of getting banned. I don't play much so how would I know.

If "kids will be kids" as you say, doesn't that suggest that you, as the adult with the account, must take responsibility for the actions of said kids?

Pretty much yes. Most MMOs accounts made for children MUST be made by an adult and said adult is responsible for any and all actions done by the child who uses said account.

It's no different here the "Adult" made the account and allowed someone else to use it so they are responsible for whatever is done on that account.

Edited by Anaesha

Let's make this simple: As an adult, I have other responsibilities so i'm not playing, but i still pay for the account and don't want to waste it. Also, I was just responding to how he thinks a responsibility of mine is to watch a 12 year old play star wars...

Said simply, I don't like to waste money, how would I have known that something (such as this chair thing) would actually come with the cost of getting banned. I don't play much so how would I know.

It is per what you agreed to when you signed up with the game. Anything done on the account is your responsibility.

So if your brother does something stupid, yes you pay for it. And the stupid is on you for not knowing this or preventing this.

I also strongly suspect you did this, are getting caught, and pulling out the "it wasn't me, it was my brother" approach to save some sort of face. Which nobody here really cares about.

Edited by hadoken

Just to heap another opinion into this thread that doesn't matter...

I too have a younger brother. I am 37 and he is 8. I set him up with his own SWTOR account. It is a fremium™ account. We set up the free one then I bought a CC card off amazon to pay for account wide unlocks that bring him close to the subscriber experience. There is no reoccurring payment needed on my end and he gets an almost unrestricted game to play.

I did this as a responsible adult to assure that my (not tech savvy) father wasn't going to get charges for CC or monthly subscriptions. I also made sure to link his account to one of my e-mail addresses so I get the one time password for him to log in if he wants to play. I find out if he did his homework and his chores from our dad and I let him play I see that he didn't finish his responsibilities he doesn't play.

Doing this gives me time to bond with my little brother while we game together over Skype (we live 3000 miles apart).

I tell you this story to try to illustrate how a responsible adult interacts with a child. No digs. No preaching. Just an example.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.