Temple Chair (Basic) Exploit

EricMusco

For future reference, all of the deco's have a max amount. Most are 50, some are 10. You can tell what the max is by hovering over the item. It will tell you how many you have in a form like "3/50" or "6/10". That means you have already 3 out of the max 50, or 6 out of a max ten, in your decoration list.

gotcha, lesson learned

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for now lots of people have taken advantage of this exploit. If Bioware decides to ban everyone for dev's mistake it will loos a lot of players (subs included). Does it worth it? I don't think so. The only decsicion I can see from my perspective is to withdraw those creds and MAY BE ban ppl for 1-7 days.

Cheers.

Anyone wanna buy One billion gagillion fafillion shabadabalo shabadamillion shabaling shabalomillion Temple Chair (Basic) pieces? Going real cheap ;)

I bought them thinking I could put them all in my Stronghold, but it turns out I can't place them all… who'd of thunk it?

Anyone else see a pattern in wasted time and resources.. they have identified the problem, they know its a issue most people would just fix it, quickly. but no these clowns wanna drag it out, then waste more time hunting down people to issue meaningless actions at a net loss pretty much. seems like a constant issue.. to be honest my interest in it died by the time i got to this point in the post.. so /flame on i guess..

There are so many people gathered around that vendor that you can't even see him. lol!

Well in the next few days there will be so many suspended players that you will here the hutts farting in the cartel bazaar up in the VIP area.

Edited by The_Wulff

Anyone wanna buy One billion gagillion fafillion shabadabalo shabadamillion shabaling shabalomillion Temple Chair (Basic) pieces? Going real cheap ;)

I bought them thinking I could put them all in my Stronghold, but it turns out I can't place them all… who'd of thunk it?

really? i didn't have this problem

Mistakes happen, bugs happen. Responsible fair-minded people don't take advantage of those mistakes for their own gain.

There are people who claim that anything not against the rules and enabled in the code is OK to do to other players, such as trolling them with event debuffs or effects continuously, grabbing nodes or chests while someone else is clearing the mobs, etc.

I wonder how many of those same people would say that it's OK to "exploit" because the game as released to the public allows the action...

There are people who claim that anything not against the rules and enabled in the code is OK to do to other players, such as trolling them with event debuffs or effects continuously, grabbing nodes or chests while someone else is clearing the mobs, etc.

I wonder how many of those same people would say that it's OK to "exploit" because the game as released to the public allows the action...

We have a generation of people who think such behavior is okay because they were never raised to be accountable for their own actions--it was always the fault of "the system".

For every action, good or ill, there is a consequence of that action. Exploit, get banned. No point or reason in trying to deflect blame onto the devs for "not immediately fixing the issue". YOU took the action. The consequence of that action is thus YOURS to bear.

Edited by Lewintelamon

We have a generation of people who think such behavior is okay because they were never raised to be accountable for their own actions--it was always the fault of "the system".

The funny thing is, I'd consider the actions taken against other players actually more problematic than the "exploiting" -- the former is actually detrimental to someone's enjoyment of the game, while the latter really doesn't.

Neither is good, but one is far more directly bad.

The funny thing is, I'd consider the actions taken against other players actually more problematic than the "exploiting" -- the former is actually detrimental to someone's enjoyment of the game, while the latter really doesn't.

Neither is good, but one is far more directly bad.

I'd disagree, If everybody has access to all of these credits and buy up the rare items from the gtn the person who was selling the item lost out due to run away inflation. Also the person not exploiting suffers from this inflation and can no-longer afford items simply because they did not cheat.

Sorry but i need some explanations : how bioware could fix that and caught people who has cheated ? Even if they know who cheated, they are looking for more and more subscribers they don't will ban or punish hard all cheaters.

I think they will just punish some people to make an example of them. But they would'nt look at all the account and track buyers/sellers abuse... if they have time to that they will have time to track down goldseller or wintrader...

The only solution is a rollback but people who play will have lost their time/loot etc... and i never heard about a rollback in swtor...

I'd disagree, If everybody has access to all of these credits and buy up the rare items from the gtn the person who was selling the item lost out due to run away inflation. Also the person not exploiting suffers from this inflation and can no-longer afford items simply because they did not cheat.

Max_Killjoy seems to subscribe to the "rules were made to be broken" school of thought.

Along with inflation issues, I'd also say there's a decent chance botters and RMT groups will be all over this because they're not going to care who gets banned after they make the sale, as long as they have the credits to sell for real money in the first place. It's very much best for the game if the credits this generates are removed from the game's circulation quickly.

Thats their fault not mine. If people are stupid enough to buy them, its also their fault.

If BWEA says GTNing them was an exploit and you GTN'd them, then it doesn't matter whose "fault" it was, you will suffer the consequences (and rightly so if it is deemed an exploit).

Along with inflation issues, I'd also say there's a decent chance botters and RMT groups will be all over this because they're not going to care who gets banned after they make the sale, as long as they have the credits to sell for real money in the first place. It's very much best for the game if the credits this generates are removed from the game's circulation quickly.

You both make good points -- I guess that doesn't immediately occur to me, as I'm such a cheapskate that it doesn't matter how many credits I have, I won't buy something for what I consider "too much".

You both make good points -- I guess that doesn't immediately occur to me, as I'm such a cheapskate that it doesn't matter how many credits I have, I won't buy something for what I consider "too much".

Same, It doesn't matter if I have 1 million or 1 billion if I deem the price as being to much for said Item I won't buy it.

I like how when I went and purchased my 50 chairs. It took a shift click, buy spam click to use and gone in 20 seconds. Yet I was curious why 10+ people were gathered around. I even said in chat that it was an exploit. They KNOW that it is too. Yet I know they are buying and selling. I hope they get banned, what a stupid move. They were told and now they are using it. I see people I recognize. They don't do stronghold. They don't even have a hypercrate rep. So they would have no idea about it unless they read it on the launcher.

Goodbye I hope, or maybe just clean them out of ALL credits. Even previous ones. Then leave them 50 credits per char to buy chairs. :D

I assume we're allowed to buy the chairs for the time being as long as we don't sell them back for the exploit? My guild stronghold could use a lot more decorations and this would be a good way to get some cheap ones. In addition I was wondering what was up with The Bastion (US) server's announcements yesterday? There were around 10 and all of them had differant times, usually contradicting eachother.