There's a special place in hell for....

Conundrum-NSA

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the little sociopaths always like to do, try to gang up on someone. It's a shame we can't just lock them away on a single server where they grief each other until their little hearts are content.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread, the members of the "MEMEMEME generation" have turned it into a sociopath circle jerk"

I'm looking forward to your next thread where you fail to hold another conversation. I'm glad you were at least educated about how nothing in the open world is yours till you click on it.

I knew I didn't care for you, and now I'm starting to see why.

Because the only valid problems or complaints in his mind are his own, and everyone else is just a whiner or a wuss as far as he's concerned? Because he clearly lives to troll around the forums telling people why every comment they ever make is wrong?

As for the subject at hand, there are clearly those people in MMOs who lack the basic skill needed to clear their own nodes, chests, etc, and have to wait for someone else to distract the big scarey mobs before they rush in to desperately grab it.

What's every funnier is when make a comment about someone doing it in-game, without mentioning their name, and they immediately come back with an insult-laden tirade in response, thus outing themselves as the poacher in question.

Actually -- this thread reminds me of that, with the usual suspects rushing to defend poachers. So usual, in fact, that I have several of them on ignore already from their past behavior.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Those people who run by you and grab a chest while you are clearing the mobs around it.

Not sure what layer they fall under...

My pet hate is the pvp AFKers and I know they belong in the seventh circle as described in this excerpt from The 9 layers of Swtor pvp hell

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=323501

seventh Circle (AFK’ers)

We came upon a ridge overlooking a war zone where a fantastic battle raged. Upon the ridge stood dozens of players, just standing still, doing absolutely nothing, watching as the battle raged in front of them. Every now and then one of them would shout, “u newbs. hurry up and win. l2p.“ We stood with them a while, and finally I asked, “What is going on, why are these players just standing here?” And Virgil said, “This is the layer for AFK’ers, their sin was joining war zones then going AFK without participating. They are doomed to stand here forever, never able to join the war zone, only able to watch the action and occasionally blurt out random nonsense. All they can do now is watch and wait but the war zone never ends. They will never be free.”

Edited by Icykill_

SWG wasn't like this, people were polite to each other, It seems that once MMO's became huge the cost was loosing a tight nit community that wernt a holes to each other.

Funniest thing I've read all month. 10/10.

Not sure what layer they fall under...

My pet hate is the pvp AFKers and I know they belong in the seventh circle as described in this excerpt from The 9 layers of Swtor pvp hell

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=323501

seventh Circle (AFK’ers)

We came upon a ridge overlooking a war zone where a fantastic battle raged. Upon the ridge stood dozens of players, just standing still, doing absolutely nothing, watching as the battle raged in front of them. Every now and then one of them would shout, “u newbs. hurry up and win. l2p.“ We stood with them a while, and finally I asked, “What is going on, why are these players just standing here?” And Virgil said, “This is the layer for AFK’ers, their sin was joining war zones then going AFK without participating. They are doomed to stand here forever, never able to join the war zone, only able to watch the action and occasionally blurt out random nonsense. All they can do now is watch and wait but the war zone never ends. They will never be free.”

so much this.

@ OP. yes its annoying. but this is why in TOR, they drastically reduced the cast time it takes to actualy open a chest.. AND allowed opening chests in combat. so that you could open chest first, and THEN kill. instead of grumbling at people you cannot change (******es that grab the chest/quest item you are clearing to) learn to work with countermeasures already in game.

so much this.

@ OP. yes its annoying. but this is why in TOR, they drastically reduced the cast time it takes to actualy open a chest.. AND allowed opening chests in combat. so that you could open chest first, and THEN kill. instead of grumbling at people you cannot change (******es that grab the chest/quest item you are clearing to) learn to work with countermeasures already in game.

Woah, something other than total agreement with the OP?

Another delinquent arrives! :rolleyes:

Woah, something other than total agreement with the OP?

Another delinquent arrives! :rolleyes:

I agree with OP, that people who loot while you are fighting around something - are annoying. I disagree with OP's reaction to it and their reaction to opposing view point. I'm old enough to know that people can be jerks with no regard for anyone else but themselves. I'm also old enough to know that you cannot change those people, especially not by complaining about them. you CAN adjust your own behavior to not give them satisfaction. that is all.

and OP have shown themselves to be about as bad as aforementioned jerks by resorting to childish insults.

Edited by Jeweledleah

so much this.

The problem here is that it requires the honest player to approach clearing a node or chest in a somewhat backwards, sloppy way -- to be blunt, the suggested "solution" to poachers is to "play stupid", charging into a group of mobs to grab something, instead of clearing them first.

I swear, I never encountered chest ninjas until a year or so into this game. It was about the same time that everyone got bored with That Other MMO. It was weird. I still see it happen, but just as often I see people pass by me and the chest when I'm in combat. It's nice. I actually think this game as a much friendlier community than a lot of other games I've played.

The problem here is that it requires the honest player to approach clearing a node or chest in a somewhat backwards, sloppy way -- to be blunt, the suggested "solution" to poachers is to "play stupid", charging into a group of mobs to grab something, instead of clearing them first.

and why exactly is it stupid? I'd say its playing smart. you cannot control actions of other players.

you.

can.

not.

you can only control your own. so as an honest player - you can do two things. not loot a chest/quest item another person is fighting next to? and when you see an item you need - grab it, than fight. jerks will always be jerks. you cannot guilt them into not being jerks you cannot convince them to care for anyone else's experience. this is why they are jerks! but just like you can learn to look left and right when crossing the street, even when you are crossing on a green light, just in case. you can learn to compensate for other people's jerk behavior. YOU can be the helpful person. YOU can be NOT a jerk. AND? you can chose NOT to be the victim.

bioware gave us a solution. they gave us means to deny jerks the satisfaction. how is it stupid to use it?

and why exactly is it stupid? I'd say its playing smart. you cannot control actions of other players.

you.

can.

not.

you can only control your own. so as an honest player - you can do two things. not loot a chest/quest item another person is fighting next to? and when you see an item you need - grab it, than fight. jerks will always be jerks. you cannot guilt them into not being jerks you cannot convince them to care for anyone else's experience. this is why they are jerks! but just like you can learn to look left and right when crossing the street, even when you are crossing on a green light, just in case. you can learn to compensate for other people's jerk behavior. YOU can be the helpful person. YOU can be NOT a jerk. AND? you can chose NOT to be the victim.

bioware gave us a solution. they gave us means to deny jerks the satisfaction. how is it stupid to use it?

Someone who gets it.

you.

can.

not.

You can be the victim by letting them take it while you play smart, or you can be the victim by playing stupid to make sure you can get the node or chest or whatever.

The problem isn't really solved until MMOs "link" nodes, chests, etc, that are guarded to the mobs guarding them, so that whoever starts clearing them is the only one that can loot/use/take the thing in question.

As it stands, it's similar to letting anyone loot a mob as soon as it dies. And while there are trolls, griefers, and cowards who would love it, it would make for a terrible game for the other 99% of us.

I'm one of those, on the other hand, that will take a damn beating to open a chest first while the mobs around it beat on me to make sure that if I got to it, it's freaking mine.

If I see someone clearing a chest, I'll leave it be, but if there's no one around, I'll make a beeline for the damn thing, mobs around it and all.

and some glowies will not let you click them while you are in combat..which had to be programmed that way by a sadistic programmer

You can be the victim by letting them take it while you play smart, or you can be the victim by playing stupid to make sure you can get the node or chest or whatever.

The problem isn't really solved until MMOs "link" nodes, chests, etc, that are guarded to the mobs guarding them, so that whoever starts clearing them is the only one that can loot/use/take the thing in question.

As it stands, it's similar to letting anyone loot a mob as soon as it dies. And while there are trolls, griefers, and cowards who would love it, it would make for a terrible game for the other 99% of us.

there are 2 problems with this idea of yours.

1. calling it playing stupid.

2. imagine the trolling it would cause when jerks would tag mobs not becasue they wanted a quest item, but because they just wanted to troll other people by graying out the item for everyone else.

and your analogy at the end is very much wrong. its more like letting anyone scavenge the mob as soon as you looted it. and even then - learn to deal rather then ruining the game for everyone else by making it EASIER for jerks to troll people.