Do we get to keep our stuff? And question re crafting

Minigal

As a frequent cartel market user and owner of 4 Strongholds, would just like confirmation that we get to keep all our gear, outfits, credits, pets, vehicles, decorations and strongholds and other stuff after the expansion hits.

Also, I am big into crafting --its how I've made my SWTOR fortune. Will crafting remain the same after the expansion? I am confused about it due to the information on having to "find" old companions and gaining new ones.

Thanks! I'm mostly excited about the expansion, but I'm pretty attached to my characters, companions, their stuff and the in-game economy.

nope everything gets deleted and you start out with zero credits, zero gear, zero stronghold, guild gets erased, you have an empty ship, no crafting (no companions to craft with anyway).

it all went out with the bath water.

sorry.

nope everything gets deleted and you start out with zero credits, zero gear, zero stronghold, guild gets erased, you have an empty ship, no crafting (no companions to craft with anyway).

it all went out with the bath water.

sorry.

And they format your C: drive as well don't they?

As a frequent cartel market user and owner of 4 Strongholds, would just like confirmation that we get to keep all our gear, outfits, credits, pets, vehicles, decorations and strongholds and other stuff after the expansion hits.

Also, I am big into crafting --its how I've made my SWTOR fortune. Will crafting remain the same after the expansion? I am confused about it due to the information on having to "find" old companions and gaining new ones.

Thanks! I'm mostly excited about the expansion, but I'm pretty attached to my characters, companions, their stuff and the in-game economy.

Totally OT, but I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. :) I can't seem to sell anything I make.

• Dev Post

Yup, you absolutely get to keep your stuff! How Crafting will work is something we will talk about more down the line. Thanks.

-eric

Yup, you absolutely get to keep your stuff! How Crafting will work is something we will talk about more down the line. Thanks.

-eric

who would have thought obvious answer to obvious question.

I guess thanks for stating the obvious :D

I can understand the concern on crafting but figure you have it mostly figured out and it will work out in the end regardless. so not really worth worrying about. The rest of the questions seem to be pretty tin-hat out right worry over very little.

Yes...in fact, the new expansion is a text game, much like Zork.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Wampa"

You are standing in the middle of the dessert; you have no idea who you are or where you came from. You are suddenly bitten by a large looking rat and are infected with Wamprat fever.

<look around>

You look to your side and see a long flashlight with a button on the side

<push button>you push the button and immediately sever an arm at the elbow from this glow stick.

<push button> pushing the button you deactivate it and look it over closely.

<inspect weapon> as you look it over, you pear down the handle, in agony you have inadvertently activated it and have now stabbed yourself through the eye and out the back of your head....

you have died.

Will there be a time of testing this expansion? And if so, may I queue up now?

if its like SOR it will be possibly invite only, a month or so before release on a closed PTS (to not ruin the story) and what you do get to test, will be fairly limited.

otherwise there is a week of early access prior to release. but it probably will show up in some form or another on PTS a few weeks before launch...question is open or closed.

who would have thought obvious answer to obvious question.

I guess thanks for stating the obvious :D

I can understand the concern on crafting but figure you have it mostly figured out and it will work out in the end regardless. so not really worth worrying about. The rest of the questions seem to be pretty tin-hat out right worry over very little.

You are being saucey, but we absolutely learned something new here.

Crafting is CHANGING.

How much, and in what ways, who knows.

But if crafting were to stay the same, he'd have said so. Instead he said it was going to be brought up down the line.

So we got a nugget here, and I am glad therefore that the "obvious" questions were asked, because we ended up with one "non-obvious" answer...

Thank you very much for answering my questions, Eric.

And you all made me laugh with your responses to my first question, but in real life if I wake up like 20 years later, I can assure you someone else is now living in my house and driving my car! So I just wanted to make sure. :)

You are being saucey, but we absolutely learned something new here.

Crafting is CHANGING.

How much, and in what ways, who knows.

But if crafting were to stay the same, he'd have said so. Instead he said it was going to be brought up down the line.

So we got a nugget here, and I am glad therefore that the "obvious" questions were asked, because we ended up with one "non-obvious" answer...

AND......this. I am now totally worried about this....I really love how crafting works now. . . I hope that the basics will remain the same; I'd like to continue to craft for my characters and other players leveling up as well as for people at max level, so I hope that if they do anything it isn't drastic. A gal needs her credits to buy her bling.

As for subscribing to my "crafting newsletter," well its all about niche markets, so I totally wouldn't be giving you very useful information (like my markets). That said, there's tons of great advice already out there, including in the crafting forum.

Edited by Minigal
oops, wrong quote

You are standing in the middle of the dessert; you have no idea who you are or where you came from. You are suddenly bitten by a large looking rat and are infected with Wamprat fever.

<look around>

You look to your side and see a long flashlight with a button on the side

<push button>you push the button and immediately sever an arm at the elbow from this glow stick.

<push button> pushing the button you deactivate it and look it over closely.

<inspect weapon> as you look it over, you pear down the handle, in agony you have inadvertently activated it and have now stabbed yourself through the eye and out the back of your head....

you have died.

You have died of dysentery.

AND......this. I am now totally worried about this....I really love how crafting works now.

And I don't particularly like it (it's OK). So maybe it will change so that I like it more, maybe it will change so that you like it more, maybe it will change so that we both like it more or maybe i will change so that we both like it less.

-eric

Hmmmm...does this mean there will be a change to the entire companion system then Eric? I mean, if I lose all of my companions, and their related 500 skill levels, I have to assume there is going to be a massive overhaul to how companions work entirely.