My theory on the Eternal Empire.

Anysao

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My theories in all of this:

1. Location of Zakuul: Rishi Maze OR Unknown Regions

2. "Immortal" Emperor: Valkorion has some tie to Vitiate. Unless BW makes these two completely different stories, there has to be a connection. AND/OR his sons (son now) are clones hence making him immortal in a sense.

3. The calls from Rishi for the SI does make sense about extending life and how this new emperor is immortal. Perhaps this signal or the sending of a fleet entices the Zakuul forces to invade our galaxy (if located in Rishi Maze).

I will say, if they could "update" planets to reflect what is going on in the galaxy that would be great. :rak_03:

Most likely they will create some sort of phase function.

Most likely they will create some sort of phase function.

It was confirmed somewhere that old planets will be visit-able. Which worries me, actually... I was hoping it would be like Ziost. After you start KotFE, old planets would appear different for you, but with a shared chat system. You'd essentially be in a new area.

Here's what I think. Does everyone remember the the EU after Return of the Jedi and it went into the Yuuzahn Vong? I think that's what this Empire of Zakuul is going to be for the SWTOR. If anyone remembers at the end of that story line it was revealed that they were striped of their Force powers and banished from the Galaxy. Here you go, these guys come from outside the galaxy (I like the Rishi Maze ideas but it takes A LOT of ships and materiel and even more manpower to occupy a galaxy and do to the Republic AND Sith Empire to over run and actually hold what's taken, THAT'S A LOT!!! Think about it for a moment. Think about WWII what the Germans held and the Japanese held and now translate that to a galactic scale). At the end of all this, the Zakuul Empire will have committed attrocities and once the Jedi and Sith overpowers them, they agree to strip their Force powers and banish them. I know that EU has been scrubbed but that COULD be brought back into. Just my two cents.

Unfortunately, this could not ever work. I have a three-point explanation as to why not:

A: The Yuuzhan Vong were confirmed to be aliens (and very strange looking ones, like that). They were taller, had sharper bone features, and had little hair. Imagine Sith Purebloods, but grey.

B: The Yuuzhan Vong had a religion based around the hatred of technology. In lieu of using starships and blasters, they used completely organic "worldships" and snake-like spears.

C: This point actually ties in to my Rishi Maze theory. The Yuuzhan Vong had an unique form of interstellar transportation, using living singularities known as "Dovin Basals." The creatures would essentially create a small black hole to absorb blaster fire and defy gravity. When used on a worldship, it could essentially "pull" the worldship toward a desired location. However, the Yuuzhan Vong didn't actually know where they were going when they invaded the Far, Far Away galaxy, so they were forced to move at sublight speeds. They needed a specific point to lock onto to move at hyperspace-equivalent speeds. Now if we're assuming that the distance between the Yuuzhan Vong galaxy and the Far, Far Away galaxy is equal to the size of an average spiral galaxy (like the Milky Way), it would take the Yuuzhan Vong fleet 100,000 years to travel between the galaxies, at light speed.

So what does this have to do with the Eternal Empire? Well, part of my theory is that when the Inquisitor signaled "the civilization" in the Rishi Maze from Rishi, (s)he may have sent hyperspace coordinates to Zakuul. Or, maybe the Eternal Empire captured (SPOILER ALERT) Darth Vovrwawn while he was fleeing the Emperor's Hand, or the Hutt Pleasure Barge escaping the Galactic War, to learn of the existence of the Zareca String, which would bring them to the Galaxy Far, Far Away...

So some select audiences got an early play of Knights of the Fallen Empire...

Is my theory still alive? :rod_confused_g:

Edit:Scratch that: it's been confirmed that Knights of the Fallen Empire was hinted at during Shadow of Revan. If you play KotFE, then SoR, you'd definitely see the references.

Sounds like the Rishi Maze theory is more alive than ever.

Edited by Anysao

So what does this have to do with the Eternal Empire? Well, part of my theory is that when the Inquisitor signaled "the civilization" in the Rishi Maze from Rishi, (s)he may have sent hyperspace coordinates to Zakuul. Or, maybe the Eternal Empire captured (SPOILER ALERT) Darth Vovrwawn while he was fleeing the Emperor's Hand, or the Hutt Pleasure Barge escaping the Galactic War, to learn of the existence of the Zareca String, which would bring them to the Galaxy Far, Far Away...

Ok I can discard that part, it's been a while since I read through that series. Let's discard their relationship to the Vong. But I'm still sticking with the theory it's not the Rishi Maze. I'm still sticking with the fact that to hold a galaxy requires A LOT manpower and resources. Though, once here they can use this galaxy's resources. But the manpower would astronomical. Maybe there's a worm hole in there or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now completed the Consular's mission on Rishi! There's another finger pointing toward the Eternal Empire in the Maze now...

During the mission, you hear voices from "Past, Future, and Present." Of them, you will hear Satele Shan commenting on the Consular's Apprenticeship, prophecies from Servant One, battle commands from Moff Pyron, dying words from Lieutenant Iresso, fighting words of Aric Jorgan, and one very, very, interesting line from a character only referred to as "Voice."

This Voice said:

"There is no life, only the Force."

This voice didn't sound a lick like Vitiate, but those words are certainly creepy enough to be from an Emperor. I should also mention that it's a modification on the Jedi Code's "There is death, only the Force." It almost sounds as if the Voice is referring to life directly deriving from the Force... As if, one's life was being extended...

Valkorion.

Edited by Anysao

Perhaps the Warrior's vision was a warning from Vitiate? A long shot I know, but Vitiate does still hold his Wrath in high regard. Maybe he warned the Wrath of the Eternal Empire so they could not challenge his own power.

Just my thoughts..

Perhaps the Warrior's vision was a warning from Vitiate? A long shot I know, but Vitiate does still hold his Wrath in high regard. Maybe he warned the Wrath of the Eternal Empire so they could not challenge his own power.

Just my thoughts..

no the Wrath's vision was quite clearly a warning about Vitiate, which we see all but confirmed with Ziost as Vitiate turns it into a barren dead world. Vitiate is still the biggest threat to the galaxy. All Valkorian is is a side-job, so to speak. He is a major issue, but what he ends up doing is just giving Vitiate more time to enact his plans and gain strength, and preventing anyone from discerning a means of stopping the intangible force monster.

As said- play consular on Rhisi and you hear voices.an admiral, A dying Jedi, a commanders orders. ARIC JORGAN if I'm not mistaken. A voice that says There is no life- there is the force

THERE IS NO LIFE- THERE IS THE FORCE - voice

THERE IS NO DEATH- THERE IS THE FORCE- Jedi code

no the Wrath's vision was quite clearly a warning about Vitiate, which we see all but confirmed with Ziost as Vitiate turns it into a barren dead world. Vitiate is still the biggest threat to the galaxy. All Valkorian is is a side-job, so to speak. He is a major issue, but what he ends up doing is just giving Vitiate more time to enact his plans and gain strength, and preventing anyone from discerning a means of stopping the intangible force monster.

Is it? Yes, it is obviously a warning against Vitiate, but the darkness starts at the Rishi Maze. Since the vast majority of players believe there is some connection between Valkorion and Vitiate (such as the letter V), it makes sense that the darkness begins at the Maze.

If anything, I say that cutscene confirms the relationship between Emperors V.

It's entirely possible the Rishi Maze has nothing to do with this at all. It's just one possibility. The Empire of Zakuul could very well exist in a region of space either not yet explored or purposefully hidden from the rest of the galaxy. Look at the Sith Empire. Sits in the "Unknown Regions". Thing is, there'd be more than one "unknown region". It would be any part pf the galaxy that hasn't been explored or mapped, or areas that had been forgotten about.

True, its just one possibility, however, Rishi maze was included somewhat vaguely in inquisitor class mission. And we know that Bioware likes to have easter egg tips about future events in force visions and the like ( For example the force visions on Voss that included glimpses of the cutscene near the end of the class story)

I think OP is onto something here ;)

Edited by Karkais

As said- play consular on Rhisi and you hear voices.an admiral, A dying Jedi, a commanders orders. ARIC JORGAN if I'm not mistaken. A voice that says There is no life- there is the force

THERE IS NO LIFE- THERE IS THE FORCE - voice

THERE IS NO DEATH- THERE IS THE FORCE- Jedi code

It's Vitiate that says that. The chat log provides only "Voice" because at that point in the Rishi story, your character doesn't know he's back in black.

Imo it would be really "cheap" for them to have ANOTHER empire sitting out in the unknown regions.

I mean sure, its possible, there might even be more hidden empires we don't know about! :rolleyes:

Zakuul has to come from Rishi, unless Disney says no for some reason

It does sound like him, although I can't say Im certain since I've heard his voice only few times.

I have, love his voice

Skip to 25 minutes in the video and compare for yourself

Edited by typenine

Even without sending a fleet, the moment the Heir of Kallig made contact with the devices on Rishi, a signal was sent. As was said, no further signals or contact had been sent, as if waiting for the correct person to come into contact with them. That happens and the Heir's life is extended by nearly 50yrs. This means that whatever intelligence is working within the Rishi Maze already has confirmation on something that it may be after. So whether or not you send the fleet is irrelevant.

Also, some of the daily quests do have people saying they're sending probes or signals to try and map it the best they can. So really, assuming the Eternal Empire does exist within the Rishi Maze, they're probably already long aware of all that's happening elsewhere in the greater galaxy and were just waiting for something specific to occur.

50 years? It was 4 solar cycles, that's 4 years not 50.

Edited by RameiArashi

50 years? It was 4 solar cycles, that's 4 years not 50.

No. What you're thinking is one Earthly Rotation. That is the time it takes for the Earth to make one complete rotation around the Sun. Mercury would have a much shorter rotation due to being closer, and Pluto would have a much longer rotation due to being further away. A solar cycle is completely different.

Solar Cycle

The solar cycle or solar magnetic activity cycle is the periodic change in the Sun's activity (including changes in the levels of solar radiation and ejection of solar material) and appearance (visible in changes in the number of sunspots, flares, and other visible manifestations). Solar cycles have an average duration of about 11 years.

An average of 11yrs. Meaning it could be longer. But given just that, the Heir has a life extension of 44yrs on Average.

my theory on what will happen the republic is incurring deeper into imperial space during one of these battles the emperor will attack trying to take control of the fleets to spread more death and destruction then your character will arrive to help stop the emperor using a new ritual or rakata relic to imprison him or destroy him, when your companions volunteer to hold him off his horde while you start or stop what ever is going on. after the emperor is defeated and both fleets have been beaten to supreme damage the zakuul empire will attack destroying both fleets capturing you and beginning there own campaign of galactic war

I have, love his voice

Skip to 25 minutes in the video and compare for yourself

Alright, I'll dismiss my own theory then. At the time, I guess I felt like Voice just didn't sound like Vitiate.

Still, not the end of the end of the world! The mission itself did seem to be leading toward the Consular's death. And if you read the names for the chapters coming with KotFE, it seems the galaxy does really believe you are dead.

Also, I now have a side-theory that all classes will be sharing a ship as the Outlander... But that's for another thread.

No. What you're thinking is one Earthly Rotation. That is the time it takes for the Earth to make one complete rotation around the Sun. Mercury would have a much shorter rotation due to being closer, and Pluto would have a much longer rotation due to being further away.

Everything you wrote seems sound, but rotation is not the right word here. What you're thinking of is a revolution - the time a body takes to orbit another body (usually a star). A rotation is the time a body takes to complete one day. Earth's rotation is ~24 hours, while it's revolution is ~365 days.

• 3 weeks later...