My theory on the Eternal Empire.

Anysao

I just finished the Jedi Knight story last night, and the sad thing is that you learn more about Vitiate's motivation from there than any other story, even in Shadow of Revan. You actually get to ask him what his deal is. He wants to do more than just consume the galaxy.

Knight: "If you kill everyone in the galaxy, you'll be Emperor of nothing. What's the point of all this?"

Vitiate: "You discern a fraction of reality. Beyond these stars exist other galaxies, other worlds, other beings. I will experience or ignore them as I wish. I will spend eternity becoming everything: a farmer, an artist, a simple man. When the last living thing in the universe finally dies, I will enjoy peace and wait for the cycle to begin again."

He doesn't want to just consume all life, he wants to encounter all life as well, and understand it. He wants to become a god, having the ability to choose who lives or dies throughout the entire universe, in addition to him wanting to eventually have peace, and then continue the cycle again once life regrows.

Looking back on the Fallen Empire page, and then re-reading Valkorion's biography, this quote particularly catches my eye, "Do not presume there are limits to my power. The Eternal Empire commands a fleet that will reshape the galaxy into any image I choose." When you take this line, in consideration with VItiate's stated motivations in the Knight story and the fact that one of the confirmed remaining Rakatan artifacts is the xenoformer, I think that confirms a shared nature. Both of them wish to be gods and convert the universe to however they wish to see it.

Then looking over Senya's biography, she says, "EVEN EMPERORS MUST ANSWER TO THE LAW." "I have served with honor. I have upheld the law and pursued offenders to the far corners of the galaxy. And I have lost everyone I ever held close," and, "The worst among us now rule over us. Their laws will never bring justice to the monsters who betray our ideals and murder our children. But I will."

Then, lastly, Vaylin, who says, "I have always been held back. All my life, my power has been restrained for fear of the chaos and bloodshed that I might inflict on a whim." and, "But our whims represent our truest selves. And now that my power is fully my own, I intend to be very truthful."[

Taking all this into account, I think Valkorion used to be his own man, once, and probably a fair leader, if a firm one. Senya appears to be a former member of the Eternal Empire's law enforcement, possibly even a Zakuul Knight, and she seems to reference a time when her society was a better place, but has suddenly taken a dark turn. Additionally, Vaylin mentions being held back all of her life because of the potential chaos and destruction she could cause, and has suddenly been allowed to run free.

I think these reference changes that happened within Zakuul's society. As I said in the previous paragraph, Valkorion may have once been a good man, or at least a decent leader, but something changed, and his empire took a dark turn. I think that after Ziost, Vitiate found Valkorion, who may have been in possession of the xenoformer Starforge, and took control of him, both to experience his life, as well as to gain control of the artifact.

The thing is, that I can't imagine a complete Sociopath - the Emperor has zero empathy - truly living as a simple man or humanitarian. He'd just be playing the part, going through the emotions until it ceased to amuse him. For it to truly mean something, he'd have to care. Something he cant really do.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, that I can't imagine a complete Sociopath - the Emperor has zero empathy - truly living as a simple man or humanitarian. He'd just be playing the part, going through the emotions until it ceased to amuse him. For it to truly mean something, he'd have to care. Something he cant really do.

He's not just a sociopath, though. He's not even really "human" (so to speak) anymore, and probably hasn't been for centuries.

He doesn't want to just wipe out all life. There's no point to that. He wants to experience everything.

• 2 weeks later...

It turns out a message I meant to post didn't go through- don't even remember how long ago that was! Oh well. To paraphrase:

This new trailer specifically stated that Zakuul is out in "The Outer Rim." While that should debunk this theory... I really just don't buy it. The Outer Rim may be the most poorly-defined area of the Galaxy in Star Wars canon. The simple answer is that it is the outermost-rim of the galactic disk, which would make total sense. Yet it seems like whenever there is an area that is unregulated (due to whatever reason) it is dismissed as part of "The Outer Rim." For this point, I draw attention to Revenge of the Sith. During this film, Palpatine instructs Anakin that Grevious is hiding in Utapau, "in the Outer Rim." Then, on Utapau, Grevious instructs the Separatist leaders to go to the Mustafar system also "in the Outer Rim." Kamino is also, "in the Outer Rim" (just north of the Rishi Maze, by the way). The Separatists are said to have built their foothold "in the Outer Rim."

So to break it down: "You're leaving the Outer Rim to go to the Outer Rim which is where you'll be safe from an army created in the Outer Rim who is trying to destroy your government in the Outer Rim."

Even here on TOR, we don't have an Outer Rim section of our Galaxy map. We have "Deep Outer Rim." Probably because the term is just so dang contradicting.

That all being said, I could completely believe that the Rishi Maze is the hiding place of the Empire of Zakuul. After all, I s'pose a satellite galaxy is technically on the outmost part of the galactic rim... Sorta.

Edited by Anysao

It turns out a message I meant to post didn't go through- don't even remember how long ago that was! Oh well. To paraphrase:

This new trailer specifically stated that Zakuul is out in "The Outer Rim." While that should debunk this theory... I really just don't buy it. The Outer Rim may be the most poorly-defined area of the Galaxy in Star Wars canon. The simple answer is that it is the outermost-rim of the galactic disk, which would make total sense. Yet it seems like whenever there is an area that is unregulated (due to whatever reason) it is dismissed as part of "The Outer Rim." For this point, I draw attention to Revenge of the Sith. During this film, Palpatine instructs Anakin that Grevious is hiding in Utapau, "in the Outer Rim." Then, on Utapau, Grevious instructs the Separatist leaders to go to the Mustafar system also "in the Outer Rim." Kamino is also, "in the Outer Rim" (just north of the Rishi Maze, by the way). The Separatists are said to have built their foothold "in the Outer Rim."

So to break it down: "You're leaving the Outer Rim to go to the Outer Rim which is where you'll be safe from an army created in the Outer Rim who is trying to destroy your government in the Outer Rim."

Even here on TOR, we don't have an Outer Rim section of our Galaxy map. We have "Deep Outer Rim." Probably because the term is just so dang contradicting.

That all being said, I could completely believe that the Rishi Maze is the hiding place of the Empire of Zakuul. After all, I s'pose a satellite galaxy is technically on the outmost part of the galactic rim... Sorta.

Yeah, I can't help but feel that they misspoke, just because of the sheer amount of evidence there is in the Warrior and Inquisitor (and maybe some Republic ones, not sure) stories that the Eternal Empire comes from the Rishi Maze. Or, at the very least, the Rishi Maze will be very important in KotFE in some way.

I have another conjuncture. How long would we be frozen in Carbonite? I'm betting about 10 years. In the smuggler story on Rishi, you get to get tickets to a dreadnought that will depart from the greater galaxy for 10 years because that was the Hutt's estimation on when the war will be over.

I'm betting all of the Rishi stories have clues to what is happening next.

It's confirmed that you're frozen for 5 years.

Looks like we've dug up even more information from the recent livestream. Warning, this stuff is massive spoilers. I will provide a brief summary in the tab below, but a full run-down can be found at this thread I wrote. You've been warned!

As it turns out, Valkorion/Vitiate actually dies quite early on in Fallen Empire! This was leaked by the dialogue from the two Knights of Zakuul that chase you down after you escape from carbonite- I believe their exact words are "Outlander, surrender! You are found guilty of the assassination of the Immortal Emperor Valkorion!"

And further digging [and squinting at the options on the dialogue wheels] reveals that you're actually innocent of the "crime," and Arcann is the one who truly killed the Emperor.

Which means Arcann has an insanely high amount of power. Even with his hindering cybernetics, he manages to kill the most powerful being in galactic history. While we're promised Fallen Empire will have many twists and turns, so for all we know Valkorion may live on in some form... but for now, this is an interesting surprise indeed.

Also, two other minor-spoilers from the livestream:

1- Interestingly, the Eternal Empire's military seems to primarily be made up of "Skytroopers," which are essentially the Dark Troopers of the Old Republic era: Jetpack-wearing droid soldiers. Other than them, there are the Knights of Zakuul, which are confirmed to be Force-Users. Unlike the Jedi and Sith, they seem to be much more militaristic. It's likely that these golden troops are almost entirely used for combat purposes*, as opposed to the Jedi who stick to peacekeeping duties, and Sith and their political dealings.

And then in the Become The Outlander trailer we see a line of uniformed men standing in Valkorion's chamber that are not Knights or Skytroopers. They could be officers, pilots, prisoners of war, or just about anything I guess.

2- DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT ZAKUUL FLEET?! I thought all of those little crosses were mines... They're capital ships! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Continue discussing, discussers...

*: Assuming that the Knights of Zakuul are the only sentient soldiers in the Eternal Empire's army, this makes Koth Vortena's role very interesting! His information page states he's a defector who grew up on Zakuul (yet from the livestream, we learn he still cares about the civilians in the Eternal Empire). If Companions are really taking an increased focus, I wonder... if this guy may be Force Sensitive? And if so, maybe there's a chance we could train him to be a Jedi or Sith, a la KOTOR II?

Edited by Anysao

• 2 weeks later...
To be fair there is no actual confirmation that Valkorian is dead, just confirmation that the Zakuul think he is. It wouldn't be the first time someone decided to play dead and then watched the resulting chaos only to show up later and say that they were secretly regenerating and growing stronger.

To be fair there is no actual confirmation that Valkorian is dead, just confirmation that the Zakuul think he is. It wouldn't be the first time someone decided to play dead and then watched the resulting chaos only to show up later and say that they were secretly regenerating and growing stronger.

speaking of which my smuggler needs to invest in a proton pack and one of those traps before good old vitiate pops back up:)

Or we killed yet another Emperor's body/Voice whatever. ZZZzzz. I really hope they have something surprising in store. The Emperor's character remains as pointless and predictable as he's been from the beginning

• 2 weeks later...

The more I think about it, the more the Eternal Empire/Knights/Armada make a bit of sense.

Following assumptions:

1. Third Starforge creating habitable planets is involved.

2. Rakata tech is involved, those relays...

3. The True Sith Empire is actually the Sith Empire we know and love in SWTOR.

4. The Emperor is being honest on Ziost. Mostly.

5. The previous head of Imperial Lore... knew what he was doing... and so did the Emperor.

6. Sith have poor impulse control. I mean, look at the infighting they have... at the highest level to the lowest level.

So.

Corollaries:

1. Those relays... there's a Rakata fleet out there. Probably autonomous. Probably... old.

2. The Emperor got his hands on the Third Starforge.

3. There is a population that is brain washable in the Rishi Maze.

Therefore...

The Eternal Empire is the attempt to make a Darksider Empire without the infighting the True Sith Empire suffers. I bet that fleet had some constructors (not on par with the original Star Forge, but repair/construction ships, etc). Empy V figured out how to get control via those relays a while back. Then, Star Forge III was sent into the Maze to make some living room... and Empy V found a population malleable enough to turn them into a Darkside Fanatic Corps without the traditional infighting from the Sith. That's why those Knights are so... Force Sensitive and Shock Trooper-y... they are the result of making a Darkside force focused without infighting distractions.

So. The key to defeating that group... would be to go in and break their brainwashing. Hence, "Outlander."

Not certain how the sister of the two boys fit in yet... is she the one who rebels against her father/family, or the one who plays them all?

The more I think about it, the more the Eternal Empire/Knights/Armada make a bit of sense.

Following assumptions:

1. Third Starforge creating habitable planets is involved.

2. Rakata tech is involved, those relays...

3. The True Sith Empire is actually the Sith Empire we know and love in SWTOR.

4. The Emperor is being honest on Ziost. Mostly.

5. The previous head of Imperial Lore... knew what he was doing... and so did the Emperor.

6. Sith have poor impulse control. I mean, look at the infighting they have... at the highest level to the lowest level.

So.

Corollaries:

1. Those relays... there's a Rakata fleet out there. Probably autonomous. Probably... old.

2. The Emperor got his hands on the Third Starforge.

3. There is a population that is brain washable in the Rishi Maze.

Therefore...

The Eternal Empire is the attempt to make a Darksider Empire without the infighting the True Sith Empire suffers. I bet that fleet had some constructors (not on par with the original Star Forge, but repair/construction ships, etc). Empy V figured out how to get control via those relays a while back. Then, Star Forge III was sent into the Maze to make some living room... and Empy V found a population malleable enough to turn them into a Darkside Fanatic Corps without the traditional infighting from the Sith. That's why those Knights are so... Force Sensitive and Shock Trooper-y... they are the result of making a Darkside force focused without infighting distractions.

So. The key to defeating that group... would be to go in and break their brainwashing. Hence, "Outlander."

Not certain how the sister of the two boys fit in yet... is she the one who rebels against her father/family, or the one who plays them all?

The thing is- who says there is brainwashing involved? Vitiate managed the Sith Empire with minimal use of mind control, I don't see why Zakuul has to do anything different.

And I think you're 100% correct on the Eternal Fleet: There's no way the Zakuul built that alone. If not Rakata, those unique ships need to come from somewhere...

The third Star Forge I'm still scratching my head about, but we're definitely on the same page with the Knights of Zakuul: They're clearly meant to be the Sith Order's "replacement."

Could you elaborate on what you mean when you say "Vitiate was honest on Ziost?"

Also, Vaylin is Valkorion's daughter- Lana remarks she is extremely powerful "even for her family." She's apparently the chief of the Knights of Zakuul, and is clearly Valkorion's favorite. Once he dies, thought, she'll lose her leash. Will she go rogue when she finds out Arcann betrayed her father? Or will she respect it? Time will tell...

And one last point: I'm very interested in if there's any reason the Zakuul Knights are Force Sensitive beside birth and midichlorians. As it stands, Force Sensitivity is, in general, extremely rare. Let me math a bit:

A: By the time of Order 66, there were "10,000 Jedi Knights in the galaxy."

B: The Yuuzhan Vong managed to kill 365 trillion sentients in their invasion of the galaxy.

C: Jedi went around the galaxy, seeking Force Sensitive children.

This concludes that in galaxy of trillions and trillions of people, a relatively low number of Force Sensitives ever became Jedi at one point. I am aware that not every Force Sensitive became a Jedi (or Sith, for that matter), but that still is a startling low number. And its logical the Knights of Zakuul order... Started on the planet Zakuul. That being said: Is there a more devious reason that the humans of this planet tend to be more Force Sensitive than the others in the galaxy? Did Valkorion do something..?

The thing is- who says there is brainwashing involved? Vitiate managed the Sith Empire with minimal use of mind control, I don't see why Zakuul has to do anything different.

Evil corrupts. It almost never creates something new. Therefore, a world that gets hijacked other than one founded in darkness, essentially. Think of it as a more of storytelling, or a trope. The type of evil the Sith Emperor exists as fulfills a type of mastermind evil, and a corrupting evil. So, I figure he found some to work with and on, not founding a new creation.

And I think you're 100% correct on the Eternal Fleet: There's no way the Zakuul built that alone. If not Rakata, those unique ships need to come from somewhere...

Thank you, first :-) The third Star Forge I'm still scratching my head about, but we're definitely on the same page with the Knights of Zakuul: They're clearly meant to be the Sith Order's "replacement."

Malgus talks about it in the Foundry a bit. The first Star Forge created fleets. The second one, the Foundry created armies. The third one... that one created places for populations to live out of worlds that were unsuitable for life. So, having access to that tool, in an out-of-the-place area like the Rishi Maze, one could create a population density that is unlike anything known in the rest of galaxy.

Could you elaborate on what you mean when you say "Vitiate was honest on Ziost?"

That ending "I have won" speech that starts out with "just what do you think you accomplished?" I think the character was actually honest in that speech, or the devs meant for him to be. Thus, the game's different than Scourge/Revan/we think. Taking it at face value... old Empy V is looking for a consistent experience.

Which raises the question about the razing of Ziost. Was it to feed a hunger, or to cover up something else? THAT is the misdirection I would expect, if and only if Empy V was playing straight during that conversation.

If it really was an issue of hunger (which I am doubting quite a bit), then the new Eternal Empire would be a consistent experience that provides a consistent food source.

But I think something else is at play. And the razing of Ziost... covers up something else. Somehow.

Also, Vaylin is Valkorion's daughter- Lana remarks she is extremely powerful "even for her family." She's apparently the chief of the Knights of Zakuul, and is clearly Valkorion's favorite. Once he dies, thought, she'll lose her leash. Will she go rogue when she finds out Arcann betrayed her father? Or will she respect it? Time will tell...

And one last point: I'm very interested in if there's any reason the Zakuul Knights are Force Sensitive beside birth and midichlorians. As it stands, Force Sensitivity is, in general, extremely rare. Let me math a bit:

A: By the time of Order 66, there were "10,000 Jedi Knights in the galaxy."

B: The Yuuzhan Vong managed to kill 365 trillion sentients in their invasion of the galaxy.

C: Jedi went around the galaxy, seeking Force Sensitive children.

This concludes that in galaxy of trillions and trillions of people, a relatively low number of Force Sensitives ever became Jedi at one point. I am aware that not every Force Sensitive became a Jedi (or Sith, for that matter), but that still is a startling low number. And its logical the Knights of Zakuul order... Started on the planet Zakuul. That being said: Is there a more devious reason that the humans of this planet tend to be more Force Sensitive than the others in the galaxy? Did Valkorion do something..?

Don't forget... the Rakata did something that stripped their force sensitivity from their species. I have no doubt your question correlates to that as well as the population density that the third Star Forge (the one that terraforms worlds and stars) can accomplish in a short space. Heck, it might even force-form species as a part of terraforming life. So, extra dense population, extra editing of potential.

...which means that population is out of balance, and the ecosystem of the galaxy will be as out of wack. That might even cause a tremor in the Force th, hrm. This might be the beginning of the warp that eventually resulted in the Sith having to be destroyed to bring balance to the Force.

The most recent livestream of Chapter 1 hosts a space battle/massacre in the Wild Space sector of the Galaxy. Last I checked this borders the Rishi Maze. Perhaps this theory of mine has finally been debunked- still, we've only seen portions of two of the sixteen chapters in Knights of the Fallen Empire.

I took the SI story on rishi as

being linked to the computer that rebuilds you on Belsavis nothing more but that is only my guess.

but I did see hints to what may be coming and that is interesting.

Edited by BlkBug

I took the SI story on rishi as

being linked to the computer that rebuilds you on Belsavis nothing more but that is only my guess.

but I did see hints to what may be coming and that is interesting.

Yes, but what would the Mother Machine have to do with the Rishi Maze?

Yes, but what would the Mother Machine have to do with the Rishi Maze?

Well it's revealed that the Eternal Empire didn't create the Eternal Fleet and they merely acquired the method in which the fleet was built.

Maybe the Rakata built the original fleet and so Rakata technology has been sending data to the Eternal Empire?

I think the original theory on the Rishi Maze is correct, when I first heard of another hidden empire, that is where my mind jumped. That side story was rather random. My guess is that story-boarding for KotFE began while development for SoR was wrapping up. A nice Easter egg.

Two things. The Infinite Empire likely had thousands and thousands of massive warships. I would not be surprised if these were lost or abandoned as that empire began to collapse.

Also...when you look at the eternal fleet's capital ships...they sort of resemble a Rakata head, IMO.

My guess is that Valky and Vitiate are the same person, which one is the "real" I am unsure. Vitiate did something for 1,300 years other than interact with his people. My guess is that he mentally was switching to the Valkoryian host. Or Valkorian controlled Vitiate from the day he was born

I think the original theory on the Rishi Maze is correct, when I first heard of another hidden empire, that is where my mind jumped. That side story was rather random. My guess is that story-boarding for KotFE began while development for SoR was wrapping up. A nice Easter egg.

Two things. The Infinite Empire likely had thousands and thousands of massive warships. I would not be surprised if these were lost or abandoned as that empire began to collapse.

Also...when you look at the eternal fleet's capital ships...they sort of resemble a Rakata head, IMO.

My guess is that Valky and Vitiate are the same person, which one is the "real" I am unsure. Vitiate did something for 1,300 years other than interact with his people. My guess is that he mentally was switching to the Valkoryian host. Or Valkorian controlled Vitiate from the day he was born

Actually, the Infinite Empire was quite small in comparison to modern superpowers. The Galactic Empire had a total of 19 million full member systems at the time of A New Hope... In comparison, the Rakata only controlled 500 planets. They were constricted to planets with extremely strong amounts of life or the Force (Kashyyyk or Korriban, for example).

Vitiate is Valkorion, yes.

And those ships don't look very Rakata-like. To see Rakata ships, look at Malak's Star Forge fleet from KOTOR.

My guess is someone like the Gree- would explain why the entire armada is automated.

• 3 weeks later...

So it seems the Eternal Empire has actually been hiding out in Wild Space. That seems surprising, since I would've thought Wild Space would be much more traveled than the Rishi Maze. Furthermore, I wish we knew of some other planets that make up this Empire. We only visited Zakuul, so we never got a chance to see just how much territory Arcann holds.

...Also, where were the Shadow of Revan and Ziost references we were told about?

Irregardful, I want to thank everyone who shared this thread with me. It's been great fun conspiring with you all! :ph_cheers:

my 2 credits.

So I have actually been thinking on this subject myself. Here is what I have considered as possibilities.

spoiler tags, in case I guess right.

Wild space, is basically the entire western corner of the galaxy. This includes Rakata Prime, the Eternal Empire has an infinite Battle Fleet which seems to be AI controlled. As of date only one technology can do this.

Star Forge. Now we do know that Rakata Prime and the star forge are not factors in what is happening now, however who is to say that their was only one Star Forge.

Next we can find out some motivations, if the Sith Emperor upon meeting Revan, found out about Rakata Prime and the Star Forge, knowing what little we do of the 'Infinite Empire' what would the Sith Emperor do? Well it seems he split his soul in two, left half with the Sith Empire, and took off and found another world with a Star Forge. He then built an Ideal society based on his ideals, and on the things he learned from Revan. Slowly he increased his influence through out wild space, however he avoided any known worlds in wild space... ie Lehon aka Rakata Prime.

Now what do we know about Star Forges, when fully powered up they can produce unlimited battle fleets and robot armies, they are powered by the force. Revan when he first built his first armada and invaded Republic space, he had only the power that the living world of Rakata Prime could provide, I say he was limited by his Jedi perspective, and his lack of Sith understanding. The Emperor became immortal by hacking the force and life draining a world.

Now what if the Eternal Fleet is powered by a green world, but his recent life draining of worlds was to create a truly infinite Armada, with the purpose of subjugating the Galaxy. The Emperor knows to maintain his fleet he would need more force power than a green world could provide. His son has no idea how the Fleet actually works, nor does he understand the ramifications that his father had planned for. What we now have is a very large vulnerable fleet of AI controlled ships, with a star forge unsupervised, and if not feed enough force energy could shut down easily.

On to Scorpio, she was the key to turn the lock for me. The emperor needed an AI capible of controlling a large number of ships at once, he needed it to be Contemporaneity programmed, yet use to and possibly built on Rakata technology. Scorpio a program created by the Cabal on a Rakata Prison world. Most likely using Rakata technology, which was related to 'Mother', yet separate from that entity. A Star Forge could create an infinite number of Scorpio clones, and install some sort of retainers. The emperor wanted Mother or Scorpio, he got Scorpio and tricked her into being scanned, he now has an AI capable of controlling his fleets on a more independent fashion.

Now the question, when did the Emperor get in contact and scan her? Well it had to be long before the events of the current story-line. Since it had to happen before he dies.

There is another Star Forge, there are more remains of the Rakata Empire out there. The Emperors ghost wants to take over your character, so he can recreate the 'Infinite Empire'. Oh and the super weapon, is a proto-deathstar main gun connected to a smaller warship. It was built by the races at war with the 'Infinite Empire'.

So that is what I have currently on my musings.

Edited by gothshark

This has slight KotFE spoilers:

At this point I'll be surprised if the Eternal Fleet isn't of Rakatan origin, why? Because even up to Ch. 9 the game has been throwing hints at force-attuned characters. It is referenced to that Rakatan technology is linked to/relies on the Force, and sometimes even more specifically the dark side. We find those objects on Zakuul which activate in our presence as force-users, and it can be safe to say that the majority of Zakuul technology is based off of the same concept as Rakatan technology. Vitiate being thousands of years old has had a lot of time to figure out Rakatan technology (let's not forget he's the epitome of dark side energy) and under the guise of Valkorion implemented it in his 'ideal society' that is Zakuul.