My theory on the Eternal Empire.

Anysao

Is it? Yes, it is obviously a warning against Vitiate, but the darkness starts at the Rishi Maze. Since the vast majority of players believe there is some connection between Valkorion and Vitiate (such as the letter V), it makes sense that the darkness begins at the Maze.

If anything, I say that cutscene confirms the relationship between Emperors V.

More than that, the Warrior says that the darkness (Vitiate?) is a threat to BOTH galaxies.

Implications that the Eternal Empire joins us in the end?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My own theory, while it sure lacks in-game clues to support it is this:

The Eternal Empire was built by Valkorion (Not Vitiate at all, personalities don't match, neither do goals), from the ruins of a part of the Rakata Infinite Empire located in the Rishi Maze. I believe he is immortal thanks to the machines used by the Inquisitor on Rishi.

The reason I think he is using Rakata tech in general is that his army seems so much superior in every way to what the Republic and Empire can dish out and the design remind me of some things seen in "Dawn of the Jedi".

If he truly is immortal and he built the Eternal Empire thanks to Rakata tech, he may have mastered it enough to create new weapons far superior to what we know, allowing to level out the probable disadvantage in numbers (If they do come from the maze, I don't think they would be able to defeat both galactic superpowers with equal weapons.)

He may even own a third "Star Forge/Foundry" type station (The place where his throne room is maybe?).

Now, as for Vitiate, I expect him to either go away for whatever reason or, in a show of power to establish him as a real ******, Valkorion will use his tech (If Rakata, it often interacts with the Force) to trap him in a physical body and kill him/detain him to humiliate him.

Is that theory flawless? Not at all, there are a ton but... IDK it's fun to write such things.

I believe he is immortal thanks to the machines used by the Inquisitor on Rishi.

Valkorion is NOT immortal. You can clearly see him age in the trailer. The "Immortal Emperor" thing is probably a ceremonial title.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Valkorion is NOT immortal. You can clearly see him age in the trailer. The "Immortal Emperor" thing is probably a ceremonial title.

Well you're correct but if he uses technology to sustain his life cycle, he may simply rejuvenate himself when he is too old (Think Ra'as Al Gul and the Lazarus Pit).

As I said, this theory is FAR from flawless, but it's funnier to actually try.

Well you're correct but if he uses technology to sustain his life cycle, he may simply rejuvenate himself when he is too old (Think Ra'as Al Gul and the Lazarus Pit).

As I said, this theory is FAR from flawless, but it's funnier to actually try.

If they truly wanted to portray him as an immortal being, they wouldn't have shown him age in the trailer. Hence, common sense dictates the "Immortal Emperor" thing is more of a title, akin to "Slayer of Izax".

Plus, two immortal emperors, counting with Vitiate, is overkill.

While not directly building on to the debate about Valkorion's age, I thought I'd share two pieces of information.

First of all, I'm starting to suspect that the Knights of Zakuul (Valkorion's army) may be entirely Force-using. Beside their obvious Knight-based title and lightsaber-like weapons, the fact that the two lowly cops we encounter in Chapter 3- Outlander- use the Force brings me to this conclusion. That makes me think it has something to do with their special armor, much like Shadowtroopers from the old EU.

Secondly, there actually is a third Star Forge somewhere out in the galaxy. This was stated during the Call To Arms Imperial mission. In the small conversation between the Boarding Party and The Foundry flashpoints, Darth Malgus explains there were a total of three Infinite Rakata factories: One that created a starship fleet (The one above Lehon that Malak took control of), one built into an asteroid that created droids en masse (The Foundry), and one other one that had the power to terraform (spellcheck please :p) entire planets. While I can't really think of what Valkorion would do with that last Star Forge, its not entirely impossible to consider he modified it to tamper with life spans.

While not directly building on to the debate about Valkorion's age, I thought I'd share two pieces of information.

First of all, I'm starting to suspect that the Knights of Zakuul (Valkorion's army) may be entirely Force-using. Beside their obvious Knight-based title and lightsaber-like weapons, the fact that the two lowly cops we encounter in Chapter 3- Outlander- use the Force brings me to this conclusion. That makes me think it has something to do with their special armor, much like Shadowtroopers from the old EU.

Secondly, there actually is a third Star Forge somewhere out in the galaxy. This was stated during the Call To Arms Imperial mission. In the small conversation between the Boarding Party and The Foundry flashpoints, Darth Malgus explains there were a total of three Infinite Rakata factories: One that created a starship fleet (The one above Lehon that Malak took control of), one built into an asteroid that created droids en masse (The Foundry), and one other one that had the power to terraform (spellcheck please :p) entire planets. While I can't really think of what Valkorion would do with that last Star Forge, its not entirely impossible to consider he modified it to tamper with life spans.

THAT one is the most powerful of the three. Even if it did nothing to lifespans, just the ability to create living planets all over a hostile zone (Like the Rishi Maze) is the logistical long-term boon of incredible proportions. Corellia was valuable because of three things: it was fairly coreward, it is on a hyperlane... and it has five habitable planets (two of which orbit each other). While any star system can be colonize, having an easy to breath/live on planet/moon, makes that system a lot more valuable in the sense that you have a LOT of room to expand/populate before running into another civilization.

So, If Valk has that particular Forge, a relatively small volume of space could be just chalk full of supporters and army producing populations.

The Zakuul Knights themselves may be Force-sensitive, but there are still soldiers like the Skytroopers whose sensitivity we're unaware of. And I don't think the guys pursuing you in Chapter 3 are implied to be "lowly" since you're an escaped prisoner that the entire Eternal Empire is gunning for, so they could be anywhere on the scale. However, the Eternal Empire having an entire army of Force-users at their disposal would probably give a good reason as to how their campaign was so effective.

I do agree, though, that the Eternal Empire likely has some sort of Rakatan artifact aiding them. The Inquisitor and Warrior stories on Rishi could not make it more obvious that the Eternal Empire comes from the Rishi Maze, and it's outright stated in the Inquisitor experience that there are artifacts from the Infinite Empire, Sith, and more out there, so Valkorion may have made use of these things.

THAT one is the most powerful of the three. Even if it did nothing to lifespans, just the ability to create living planets all over a hostile zone (Like the Rishi Maze) is the logistical long-term boon of incredible proportions. Corellia was valuable because of three things: it was fairly coreward, it is on a hyperlane... and it has five habitable planets (two of which orbit each other). While any star system can be colonize, having an easy to breath/live on planet/moon, makes that system a lot more valuable in the sense that you have a LOT of room to expand/populate before running into another civilization.

So, If Valk has that particular Forge, a relatively small volume of space could be just chalk full of supporters and army producing populations.

Never thought of it that way! That's very, very possible.

The Zakuul Knights themselves may be Force-sensitive, but there are still soldiers like the Skytroopers whose sensitivity we're unaware of. And I don't think the guys pursuing you in Chapter 3 are implied to be "lowly" since you're an escaped prisoner that the entire Eternal Empire is gunning for, so they could be anywhere on the scale. However, the Eternal Empire having an entire army of Force-users at their disposal would probably give a good reason as to how their campaign was so effective..

This is exactly what I was thinking. As far as we know, the Brothers are the only Jedi-like warriors in the Knights of Zakuul's ranks. Considering the faction managed to conquer Korriban, they need to have some trick up their sleeve. Unless, of course, their military is just that big...

Oh and side note, the two troops after you are confirmed to be the Zakuul-version of police officers. Naturally, I was surprised to hear they could use the Force...

Edited by Anysao

I really really really hope we get to see that third Star Forge soon because that sounds awesome.

Updating what I said earlier!

I re-read some information from Wookieepedia. It turns out that this third Star Forge actually possesses the power to xenoform planets, rather than terraform them. Xenoform isn't an actual word in the English language... but one could deduce it means that the space station actually converts life on one planet into something else... I think.

Secondly, it seems there are actually four Star Forges. Only three (Lehon's, the Foundry, and the Xenoformer) are referenced. The fourth isn't discussed at all.

Updating what I said earlier!

I re-read some information from Wookieepedia. It turns out that this third Star Forge actually possesses the power to xenoform planets, rather than terraform them. Xenoform isn't an actual word in the English language... but one could deduce it means that the space station actually converts life on one planet into something else... I think.

Secondly, it seems there are actually four Star Forges. Only three (Lehon's, the Foundry, and the Xenoformer) are referenced. The fourth isn't discussed at all.

Maybe it can infuse normal people with the Force, which is how they have a large number of Force-sensitive soldiers?

Artificial Force-sensitivity, like the Valley of the Jedi in Jedi Outcast.

Maybe it can infuse normal people with the Force, which is how they have a large number of Force-sensitive soldiers?

Well, the way how Outcast explained it is that the Reborn were actually already Force Sensitive, the Valley just augmented their Force abilities. The Shadowtroopers, on the other hand, were artificially imbued with the Force through the Artusian crystal bound onto their armor. That crystal was empowered by the Valley of the Jedi.

Sorry for my nerdism, Outcast is quite possibly my favorite Single Player Star Wars game. :D

Well, the way how Outcast explained it is that the Reborn were actually already Force Sensitive, the Valley just augmented their Force abilities. The Shadowtroopers, on the other hand, were artificially imbued with the Force through the Artusian crystal bound onto their armor. That crystal was empowered by the Valley of the Jedi.

Sorry for my nerdism, Outcast is quite possibly my favorite Single Player Star Wars game. :D

In my defense, I didn't specify the Reborn.

That could be it. It would make sense.

I dont know, if it has been mentioned. But here is my thought:

I dont think Valkorion is Vitiate. Certainly not. But we can see him aging in trailer and my guess is, that he is going here in order to search immortality.

We know, that Vitiate is capable of extending ones life. We also know, that at the end of Ziost chapter Vitiate promises us different fate than simple annihilation of the whole life in this galaxy. We also know, that KOFTE is going to be aimed personally at us, that Valkorion will have grudge against our characters.

I think Vitiate has found out about Valkorion long time ago, before Rishi, and he has been observing him. Maybe he has put him as plan B, if Revan doesnt go out well or Revan was supposed to be a tool to strengthen Vitiate enough to be able to get to Valkorion.

This all could be only Vitiates plan. I think he manipulates Valkorion, if not posseses his body, in promise of immortality. It would make sense, how could Eternal Empire defeat both Empire and Republic so fast and why it would try to conquer them in first place.

I dont know, if it has been mentioned. But here is my thought:

I dont think Valkorion is Vitiate. Certainly not. But we can see him aging in trailer and my guess is, that he is going here in order to search immortality.

We know, that Vitiate is capable of extending ones life. We also know, that at the end of Ziost chapter Vitiate promises us different fate than simple annihilation of the whole life in this galaxy. We also know, that KOFTE is going to be aimed personally at us, that Valkorion will have grudge against our characters.

I think Vitiate has found out about Valkorion long time ago, before Rishi, and he has been observing him. Maybe he has put him as plan B, if Revan doesnt go out well or Revan was supposed to be a tool to strengthen Vitiate enough to be able to get to Valkorion.

This all could be only Vitiates plan. I think he manipulates Valkorion, if not posseses his body, in promise of immortality. It would make sense, how could Eternal Empire defeat both Empire and Republic so fast and why it would try to conquer them in first place.

He's Vitiate.

Or, to be more specific, Vitiate WAS Valkorion all along. It would seem Vitiate was just an assumed name after all, since he mentions Zakuul to be his "Focus".

Makes you wonder how many other Empires the guy has lying around.

Well, he can put himself into multiple people as per the storylines. There are the Voices and there are the Children. He looks to be able to influence their choices and if not influence them, then take control and make them forget it ever happened.

Quite a lot, actually.

Two in his back pocket. One hidden in his boot.

One more behind Arcann's face mask.

One made of C'thon in the underlevels of Coruscant.

And one in the Kolto Production Plant in Manaan.

Those are which I know of.

I just finished the Jedi Knight story last night, and the sad thing is that you learn more about Vitiate's motivation from there than any other story, even in Shadow of Revan. You actually get to ask him what his deal is. He wants to do more than just consume the galaxy.

Knight: "If you kill everyone in the galaxy, you'll be Emperor of nothing. What's the point of all this?"

Vitiate: "You discern a fraction of reality. Beyond these stars exist other galaxies, other worlds, other beings. I will experience or ignore them as I wish. I will spend eternity becoming everything: a farmer, an artist, a simple man. When the last living thing in the universe finally dies, I will enjoy peace and wait for the cycle to begin again."

He doesn't want to just consume all life, he wants to encounter all life as well, and understand it. He wants to become a god, having the ability to choose who lives or dies throughout the entire universe, in addition to him wanting to eventually have peace, and then continue the cycle again once life regrows.

Looking back on the Fallen Empire page, and then re-reading Valkorion's biography, this quote particularly catches my eye, "Do not presume there are limits to my power. The Eternal Empire commands a fleet that will reshape the galaxy into any image I choose." When you take this line, in consideration with VItiate's stated motivations in the Knight story and the fact that one of the confirmed remaining Rakatan artifacts is the xenoformer, I think that confirms a shared nature. Both of them wish to be gods and convert the universe to however they wish to see it.

Then looking over Senya's biography, she says, "EVEN EMPERORS MUST ANSWER TO THE LAW." "I have served with honor. I have upheld the law and pursued offenders to the far corners of the galaxy. And I have lost everyone I ever held close," and, "The worst among us now rule over us. Their laws will never bring justice to the monsters who betray our ideals and murder our children. But I will."

Then, lastly, Vaylin, who says, "I have always been held back. All my life, my power has been restrained for fear of the chaos and bloodshed that I might inflict on a whim." and, "But our whims represent our truest selves. And now that my power is fully my own, I intend to be very truthful."[

Taking all this into account, I think Valkorion used to be his own man, once, and probably a fair leader, if a firm one. Senya appears to be a former member of the Eternal Empire's law enforcement, possibly even a Zakuul Knight, and she seems to reference a time when her society was a better place, but has suddenly taken a dark turn. Additionally, Vaylin mentions being held back all of her life because of the potential chaos and destruction she could cause, and has suddenly been allowed to run free.

I think these reference changes that happened within Zakuul's society. As I said in the previous paragraph, Valkorion may have once been a good man, or at least a decent leader, but something changed, and his empire took a dark turn. I think that after Ziost, Vitiate found Valkorion, who may have been in possession of the xenoformer Starforge, and took control of him, both to experience his life, as well as to gain control of the artifact.