So no new Ops (until like Jan 2016)???

So, like everyone I was excited to see the new expansion pack announced on Monday. But lets take a minute to think about this. Scaling old ops to 65 and whatever in October that's not going to cut it. Why Subscribe after October? They said this year is going to be "story driven"? So does that mean no new ops until 2016? It's not worth subbing to play old content. Why pay to just do more class story lines. After I do these story lines, then what? I can Ops pass the old boring stuff i did a million times in my sleep be it in SM/HM or NIM.

You said we wouldn't have to wait a year again for new pve content. Example, Oct 2013 when the Dread Ops came out and Dec 2014 Rav/Tos. That was 15 months. At least there was NiM mode to keep us busy last time. But there seems to be no NiM mode for Rav/Tos, so what are we suppose to do? Over a year for new ops is unprecedented for most MMOs. (No, I am not counting Monolith, that's not an Op, that's a glorified world boss, like Toborro. One boss is not an Operation).

Maybe I am over exaggerating. Eric Musco can u set me and others who are ready to unsub without new ops near the event horizon, straight on this?

Edited by JowyBlight

As usual, we can only speculate. Maybe a raid is in the works and will cap off a chapter of the content. Maybe there will never be raids again. We won't know until they say it. So which will be in the upcoming months until it's release date. Edited by FerkWork

As usual, we can only speculate. Maybe a raid is in the works and will cap off a chapter of the content. Maybe there will never be raids again. We won't know until they say it. So which will be in the upcoming months until it's release date.

This. I cannot imagine that Bioware is unaware that they have subscribers who want to raid and/or PVP.

I cannot imagine that, even with the rumoured increase in manning from the rolled-up Shadow Realms team, Bioware has the manpower to do all this story stuff, plus endgame, plus PVP.

So, until either: 1) Bioware gives concrete information; and/or 2) KOFE launches, there is no point in getting worked up.

Worst case: no new ops (other than recycled ones) until early(ish) 2016. But if KOFE's story is good ... I'll be OK and I think many will be too. Best case: they'll sneak in a new one.

i don't think BW will blatantly say, "No new operations until x date". That's just not going to happen.

But they did say this year will be about story. So, if you're a raider and didn't get the clue, then i think you need to remove the fanboi glasses for abit.

You said we wouldn't have to wait a year again for new pve content.

You did get Ziost, didnt you? Monolith is very much an op. Check the tooltip of the mount...

Jokes on all of us.

Maybe I am over exaggerating.

Haha no. More like too optimistic. January 2016 is very funny.

More like August 2016 if we are lucky.

KotFE comes with 16 story chapters, only 9 will be released in October. We'll get the remaining 7 on a monthly basis beginning in early 2016. So the first half of next year will just be story too.

For us to get new ops in January they would need to develop them now. They dont have the ressources for that, they are producing story content and rescaling old stuff.

There will be new operation. I cant imagine situation that level cap is 65 and there is no 65 pve content. Even they are not that stupid.......

Oh there will be. They are rescaling old operations to 65. Which they wouldnt do if there were new ops.

Edited by AMightyKnight

There will be new operation. I cant imagine situation that level cap is 65 and there is no 65 pve content. Even they are not that stupid.......

That's it, that's what i explained to my mates just after the expansion' trailer release. In a classic way of mmorpg they can't release new cap level without pve content (nm/hm/nim).

If we can reach lvl 65 without same lvl ops, it could be the biggest mistake from Bw. I'm pretty sure they won't do that, cause they aren't that stupid. ;)

Edited by Siaa

I keep on hearing ppl say about "scaling opses to lvl 65" I mean how can you? You cannot make Eternity Vault lvl 65 (if there even will be a lvl 65) since then the lvl 50 guys wont have an operation. Yes TfB and SaV was scalled, but its something else. You could scale Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice, but not old stuff!

I keep on hearing ppl say about "scaling opses to lvl 65" I mean how can you? You cannot make Eternity Vault lvl 65 (if there even will be a lvl 65) since then the lvl 50 guys wont have an operation. Yes TfB and SaV was scalled, but its something else. You could scale Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice, but not old stuff!

That's probably hardly relevant, since you can create a new level 60 character instantly.

besides, I don't think anyone runs operations while leveling anyway. Maybe just a few isolated cases...

A wise man said "If they haven't said anything, they also haven't said that new ones AREN'T coming". :D

As Milas said, the game is moving to RPG play with MMO elements and it hasn't been very much assumed or understood by the majority.

I am not very supporter of the wait & see concept 'cause they said everything they had to say, thats was E3 they needed to be highly visual, full on, to "save" their game and getting new subs.

It seems crazy that there's a new cap of level and no new end-game pve content but we know there won't be rav/tos nightmare for a while now, so that's a turning point they take.

There were so happy/proud at cantina event to announce that just a few guilds in the world managed to kill "revan himself" blablabla, so they can justify more than a full year without new content ?

This is my first mmo, I loved it (maybe too much), and I was finally in a true good guild with everyone has the same objectives, but I'm afraid to be done with it. I didnt want to be as "radical" as zorz even if I agreed lots of points and they maybe have little more informations or not, but this 15th june announcement might precipitate my dropping out of the game.

"It's all about story this year" sounds pretty clear.

Edited by holmeskywalkr

I thought it was said that there'd be two new ops with 4.0? That it was going to be one raid but two different paths a lot like how guild wars 2 does dungeons at the beginning? And that there'd be soloable option to it also for people who don't raid so they can do the story aspect of it.

I think BW is making a strategic decision to boost subscribers and therefore revenue with this story driven content. All solo story prior has been accessible F2p and preferred with a 1 time purchase of expansions so this is a shift to get folks to subscribe. A major delay in group content but one can hope more subs equals more revenue and the ability to further expand the game.

Play it and pay for it while you enjoy it though.

Well first off i'm pro to all ops being scaled up time to time... ( i mean when did u last time run EC?)

And have they announced smth related or how have everyone just forgot the "one emperor" flickering trough the galaxy...

Hey folks,

Lots of good questions around Operations! I am not going to go into details right now but, we have plans for Operations that we are pretty excited about. We will be releasing a blog in the coming weeks which should answer many of the questions that you have right now.

Thanks!

-eric

Take it as it is but we shall soon find out what that means.

Worst case: no new ops (other than recycled ones) until early(ish) 2016. But if KOFE's story is good ... I'll be OK and I think many will be too. Best case: they'll sneak in a new one.

That's ridiculous. How does the story line make up for a lack of a raid? They aren't even in the same ballpark.

The end of july will be crucial for me if I continue or not, Musco's message seems going in a good way; let's hope while unsubbed :)

You can't leave! lol, who the hell am I supposed to play with on the french servers? Kalameet already peaced, stay put holms.

There is hope, there is always hope. Until BW comes out and says "No operations" we can only pray for them. While we wait though, i'll be destroying you all in Battlefront.