Pulling a fast one on vitiate. - Minor spoilers

Tachenko_Yuri

Straight from the FB page:

In this prequel trailer to the STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ - Knights of the Fallen Empire Digital Expansion we introduce you to the tragic destiny of twin heirs caught in a web of evil and manipulation spun for them by the darkest and most powerful Emperor yet to threaten the galaxy. Conquest comes at a price, only accessible for those willing to sacrifice….everything.

I mean, Vitiate only wanted to make a meal of the entire known galaxy, that caused, directly or inderectly, the birth of the other " 3rd powers " such as revanites or dread masters to rise ( and fall ) , and made a meal out of ziost.

Dunno how this new fella ( or anyone else for the matter ) can be, or get, any crueler than vitiate's plan.

Thinking here, that being conquered is still a better fate than getting munched up with a say in the matter. :confused:

I think I heard the Emperor elude to having second thoughts about consuming the entire galaxy, and try something else, instead. Could be he's merely possessed another body and is carrying out his new plan?

He was in the mood for a Hot Pocket. That calmed him down. ;)

I've always thought of Vitiate as a being akin to Sel-Makor. A pure Dark Side entity. A disembodied consciousness steeped in the Dark Side. In fact, I've always thought of Sel-Makor as Vitiate's rival. Then I read something about Voss not actually being part of the EU, but something purely in SWTOR.

So, I don't know what to think about it anymore.

Based on combining the SWTOR 2 thing and the Bothan leak together, I think the story is supposed to be that: (Speculative spoiler)

Vitiate has in some way created or provoked the Empire of the Eternal Throne (AKA Zakuul?) into attacking the Republic and Empire to cause more death throughout the galaxy to feed on, and after dealing with the Eternal Throne you team up with Marr and Satele and your new companion to fight Vitiate.

Edited by DarthZaul

A the Anaheim Cantina event, someone asked, "Will we ever get to see Vitiate's original Sith pureblood form?" to which one of the BioWare guys coyly said, "What if that isn't his original form?"

Valkorian may be Vitiate's true body.

The entire 1000 years of "Vitiate" may have been a ruse to gain control of the Sith Empire and use it to weaken the Republic.

A the Anaheim Cantina event, someone asked, "Will we ever get to see Vitiate's original Sith pureblood form?" to which one of the BioWare guys coyly said, "What if that isn't his original form?"

Valkorian may be Vitiate's true body.

The entire 1000 years of "Vitiate" may have been a ruse to gain control of the Sith Empire and use it to weaken the Republic.

I'm thinking it might be something like that. Vitiate could be this new enemy, simply not advertising himself as such.

Or this big bad guy absolutely wrecks Vitiate. One of the two.

I would bet nearly anything that it's going to turn out that Vitiate is pulling all of the strings on this new faction.

Vitiate has in some way created or provoked the Empire of the Eternal Throne (AKA Zakuul?) into attacking the Republic and Empire to cause more death throughout the galaxy to feed on

Pretty much this. I imagine that the writers are going to hold onto Vitiate until they know they're doing the very last piece of content for the game.

It could very well be that Vitiate is possessing Zaakul or whatever his name is, right now. We have NO idea what V's intentions are aside from eating up the galaxy like he paid for a full day at the Golden Corral buffet and intends to get his money's worth. Don't think that Vitiate just up and sat down in some corner emoing about how our PCs kicked his possessed armies' collective asses.

WE DON'T KNOW!

Although, if Bioware pretends they never went the Vitiate way, I'll be highly annoyed.

I've always thought of Vitiate as a being akin to Sel-Makor. A pure Dark Side entity. A disembodied consciousness steeped in the Dark Side. In fact, I've always thought of Sel-Makor as Vitiate's rival. Then I read something about Voss not actually being part of the EU, but something purely in SWTOR.

There was a part at the end of the Jedi Knight story on Voss...

where Sel-Makor references a Sith that came to it previously. It said something about giving power to the Sith as part of some deal. I always just assumed that was Vitiate and he had obtained at least part of his power there. Or is this a reference to some other part of TOR history I'm just not picking up?

I feel Valkorian is Vitiate because of what is written in the biography for him; "Everything until now has been the means to an end. I forged the Empire of Zakuul to surmount all of my previous works. It will span eternity.".

Even if it is though, it'll be interesting to learn why Vitiate gave up on the Empire.

and i hope they don't drop the vitiate story. That would be a total let down no matter how good the new story is.

Even if they would, Vitiate deserves more than being casually tossed aside. After what Bioware did to Revan, putting him on pedestal, all dark and light side combined, dragging him beyond all the boundaries of reason and believability, Vitiate deserves, if not the same treatment, at least a proper end.

Edited by Karkais

I feel Valkorian is Vitiate because of what is written in the biography for him; "Everything until now has been the means to an end. I forged the Empire of Zakuul to surmount all of my previous works. It will span eternity.".

Even if it is though, it'll be interesting to learn why Vitiate gave up on the Empire.

its very likely that vitate had numerous plans, why hedge all your money on one horse when you could put down an even split on two horses, the second one is in another name.

ovbiously he saw the empire as a failure to this aims, he wanted to total war and chaos, he wanted massive armies to anniliate each other, he wanted so much death to feed him. the empire could not provide the means after the opening attacks after korriban. the republic started driving the empire back. matters were not helped by malgus cutting his master down and other students killing their masters or vice versa. you give dictators power and they will ride it for everything it is worth, the inevitable outcome would be mutual annililation, but it must of come a lot sooner then vitiate would of wanted, and with that jedi attack one of the voices, sel makor controlling another for a short time and baras containing a 3rd, it was clear to vitate that the empire has failed. and thats even before the dread masters were even a major problem after their release. so he must make a point and incidentally keep himself going for another few hundred years by massacring everything on ziost with his abilities.

i think there was more to ziost being picked then just opportune moment, but rather with ziost gone, it would send shockwaves through the empire economically, perhaps enough to stop it for a short time and with the republic getting the idea as well, it would of taken the heart out of their cause that not even they can defeat vitate and more death means vitate wins. and with revan freed from his responsibilities to the galaxy after issuing the warning that darker times are still to come, he would of known about this fallen empire. so the chances are that vitate plans on sending this second empire out, destroy his enemies completely and then have the fallen empire turn on itself while he can controll millions of force sensitive minds to take every life in existence in all the chaos. it would make sense.

Pretty sure that Voss is pure BioWare creation, not something that existed in EU.

And yes, Vitiate is basically an eldritch abomination of pure Dark Side. He has been that since the Ritual of Nathema he conduced at the end of Great Hyperspace War.

Not that I believe it really but what if there's a link the imperial agent story in Darth Jaedus(sp?)? He still hasn't been explained and hasn't been heard of since the ending of lvl 50 class mission.

He's either in isolation meditating, captured by the dark council or escaped to somewhere unknown. According to the imp agent story he was meant to be second only in power to the emperor. Even if there is no link it'd still be nice if this expansion cleared up and picked up that part of the story line...I want to know what happened to him.