Level 65 Confirmed with new expansion. What will this mean for Class Balance?

Jinre_the_Jedi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it could be difficult, but I think they can break assassins more.

I'm wondering if since you get your last new ability at 57 currently if that means we'll get a new ability at level 65?

Is the fabled Shadow-Step ability going to make it into swtor for either of the two stealth classes?

What might a new merc ability be?

The possibilities are endless and the questions are many. I'm curious to see what new info we get later on.

I'm wondering if since you get your last new ability at 57 currently if that means we'll get a new ability at level 65?

Is the fabled Shadow-Step ability going to make it into swtor for either of the two stealth classes?

What might a new merc ability be?

The possibilities are endless and the questions are many. I'm curious to see what new info we get later on.

Pretty sure shadows/sins are getting shoulder cannons at level 65

Goodness so much Merc whining. Don't be so pessimistic. I'm sure it will only cost a skillful utility point! :jawa_tongue:

yeah. you're prolly right. I'm glad you're around to temper my pessimism. :rak_03:

serious for a sec though: new level caps are always going to create balance problems, and they're still struggling to balance the last 5 levels.

Edited by foxmob

5 New levels.

Probably new abilities.

What will become of my Shadow/Assassin?

The same thing that happens whenever the level cap increases. The balance gets screwed up.

On the other hand it also offers them a good opportunity to make the kinds of extreme spec changes that are normally inadvisable during the time between xpacs. Such as revamping plasmatech and other various borked specs and removing the dotspreads.

The same thing that happens whenever the level cap increases. The balance gets screwed up.

On the other hand it also offers them a good opportunity to make the kinds of extreme spec changes that are normally inadvisable during the time between xpacs. Such as revamping plasmatech and other various borked specs and removing the dotspreads.

Still not an excuse to raise the level cap less than a year after doing so previously, imo.

Still not an excuse to raise the level cap less than a year after doing so previously, imo.

It seems soon to me too. I'm curious, what will this mean for PvP? We still have yet to get a single new piece of content. No new maps, no new content for PvP at all.

Season 6 will clearly be from July 21st - October 20th (date of early access), so will there be any new content then or...?

Such as revamping plasmatech and other various borked specs and removing the dotspreads.

We don't need to remove the dotspreads. We need to nerf Operatives/Scoundrels a bit, and maybe Juggernauts/Guardians, and the balance will be fine.

We don't need to remove the dotspreads. We need to nerf Operatives/Scoundrels a bit, and maybe Juggernauts/Guardians, and the balance will be fine.

Yeah, no.

Sages need nerfing and shadows need nerfing, perhaps a little change to operatives, but guardians? Nope.

serious for a sec though: new level caps are always going to create balance problems, and they're still struggling to balance the last 5 levels.

It's also an opportunity though to fix some things without nerfing. Perhaps by giving hurting specs/classes a new toy to bring them up, while introducing something less potent for over performing specs.

ok, heres what will happen with sins...

at 61 they get Ops roll

at 62 they get shoulder cannon

at 63 they get no cooldown on lolslash

at 64 they get 60M on lolslash

at 65 they get one skill of thier choice form any other class.

Thats it, noone else gets anything.

Seriously though, maybe the next 5 will help them balance the last 5?

Was just confirmed in the IGN post interview "there will be new iconic abilities for each class"

Shadow step confirmed.

If sins actually get that I'm going to facepalm and then cry laughing as we become even more OP than we currently are.