Crate o Matic

kaydavid

For years i have been trying to one magical day get a crate o matic. I finally contacted customer service to verify it still drops in the game, but they couldn't give one clue where it is still rarely dropping they said it is the rarest thing in the game which i am aware of but for months i have been buying level 50 purple lock boxes from the coreilla vender on the fleet and wanted to ask the forum does it even drop from that and also can people suggest anything as to where it still has the remote chance of dropping from or where for the lucky people they got theirs from as it has been over 2 years and i am glad to know i am searching for something that still is in the game but bothered by the fact i can't get any real intel on where i have the slighted chance of ever getting it to drop. So any feedback or suggestions from anyone is welcome as on the gtn there is normally 2 or 3 but i am never going to willing pay 30 mil for this come on who does or would. Please post anything help you can thanks

For years i have been trying to one magical day get a crate o matic. I finally contacted customer service to verify it still drops in the game, but they couldn't give one clue where it is still rarely dropping they said it is the rarest thing in the game which i am aware of but for months i have been buying level 50 purple lock boxes from the coreilla vender on the fleet and wanted to ask the forum does it even drop from that and also can people suggest anything as to where it still has the remote chance of dropping from or where for the lucky people they got theirs from as it has been over 2 years and i am glad to know i am searching for something that still is in the game but bothered by the fact i can't get any real intel on where i have the slighted chance of ever getting it to drop. So any feedback or suggestions from anyone is welcome as on the gtn there is normally 2 or 3 but i am never going to willing pay 30 mil for this come on who does or would. Please post anything help you can thanks

Yep it still drops in game, but stupid rare. I even suspect some people may not realize what it is and sell it to the vendor. You should also farm Corellia too, cause it can drop off any mob.

The Crate-o-Matic is part of the superrare loot table for level 50 and up, which means every high-level mob that can drop random green/blue/purple items has a chance to drop the Crate-o-Matic, but the chance is very, very low. Obviously, the best way to get it is to open chests like you did because they always drop one purple item. If you just go kill mobs, you first have to be lucky that it drops a purple item, and then be lucky again that it is the Crate-o-Matic.

That being said, it is much faster to just go farm credits or sell hypercrates and then get the Crate-o-Matic off the GTN. I got mine for 15 million credits back then because all the sellers don't care about ever using it but they just want to make money with it.

Umm what is this thing?

It's Czerka box that changes your character into box. Think ultimate hide and go seek. It also completes an achievement when you use it, and it's trade-able, so multiple people can get the achievement by using it.

Yep it still drops in game, but stupid rare. I even suspect some people may not realize what it is and sell it to the vendor. You should also farm Corellia too, cause it can drop off any mob.

That's 100% exactly what happened to a friend of mine a few months after the game went live. We were levelling toons together on corellia and he chose the 36 coms purple box (or however much it cost then) and got it. At the time neither of us knew what it was, he tried it...didn't see the point of it and sold it along with a load of grey junk.

....this was before you could buy items back and before either of us knew how rare it was.

Edit: You know as it's so rare it's a shame really it's not marked as a legendary item. Not many of those around and it would probably make those who get it but not aware of how rare it is think twice. It's pretty common knowledge now but would still be a nifty change for newcomers I think.

Edited by BaineOs

So any feedback or suggestions from anyone is welcome as on the gtn there is normally 2 or 3 but i am never going to willing pay 30 mil for this come on who does or would. Please post anything help you can thanks

You probably won't like this advice, but ... I'd focus on getting the 30 millions and then buy the Crate, instead of trying to get the Crate itself. If I remember it correctly, one of the developers originally said that out of 1,8 billions of loot rolls, only -two- resulted in the Crate. With chances like that, working towards it slowly but steadily seems like the better option to me.

You probably won't like this advice, but ... I'd focus on getting the 30 millions and then buy the Crate, instead of trying to get the Crate itself. If I remember it correctly, one of the developers originally said that out of 1,8 billions of loot rolls, only -two- resulted in the Crate. With chances like that, working towards it slowly but steadily seems like the better option to me.

Also, don't pay full price. Mail the person selling it and offer them a lower price. I saw someone listing it for about 30m, I sent him a mail offering him 15m and he accepted.

Items like this don't sell very quickly, so a guaranteed sale now is better than a possible sale later to some people.

Edited by MillionsKNives

Also, don't pay full price. Mail the person selling it and offer them a lower price. I saw someone listing it for about 30m, I sent him a mail offering him 15m and he accepted.

Items like this don't sell very quickly, so a guaranteed sale now is better than a possible sale later to some people.

Plus, as already noted, you can use, get the achievement (maybe you don't even need to use it to get the achievement), then re-sell it. Maybe there is only 1 per server and it just rotates around (kind of like Action Comics #1).

As a "disguise toy," it's pretty much the same in concept as the holo-shrub disguise.

Edited by branmakmuffin

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
dropped for me a few months back from one of those lockboxes you can get from missions. Been playing since release and first one ever I gotten so was a nice surprise. Seems they are VERY rare as I never heard any friend whom gotten one in all that time.

• 3 months later...