EA E3 press release is talking about an expansion called Knights of the Fallen Empire

znihilist

I have a feeling it's going to be something really big that has nothing but fully voiced acting in everything and a ton of stuff. New mechanics, new ways to play, more things to do and on and on.

That probably explains the content drought ;)

You didn't hear that fully voiced sequences were killing the game and causing people to leave?

And that new game mechanics, things to do, etc. were impossible because of limited resources and that it was a waste of time because people really only want a shiny new hat?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have already stated No Non Basic Speaking species as playable races. So Trandosians and wookies are out. Rodians are the closest of the three but even they have slim to none chance of being added.

Actually they went back on that. Someone asked about a wookie ( again ) and they didn't say no chance this time , might have been along the lines of wall of crazy i believe. At the same place that we found out this would be swtor's biggest year ( remember the letter at that event ? That they changed and they put on this website some 2 weeks later ? ). So at that time I knew that we would be getting a big expansion , i even speculated if it would be a boxed expansion. What worries me is that it will be 10 levels not 5 this time as that 160 levels of leveling for my poor wrists and pinkys! I know that last part won't bother me really but my friends will laugh at my plight ( why 16 characters ugh ). No I haven't got a bleedin link.

Also the choices changing the way the story goes is what we asked for quite a long time ago and they made a note of it. The only downside to all this might be more of the SOR single player stories which isn't ideal at all for an MMO. I will wait to pass judgement though as even if it is that way the choice changing things will help a damn lot.

Looking forward to it :)

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I have a feeling it's going to be something really big that has nothing but fully voiced acting in everything and a ton of stuff. New mechanics, new ways to play, more things to do and on and on.

That probably explains the content drought ;)

Kaliyo's voice actress tweeted a couple of weeks ago she was back in the studio for TOR, so you can bet your bottom dollar other companion VA's are back in the saddle too.

Expect news reports on zombie apocalypse when they get to Trooper-story voice acting, though.

Kaliyo's voice actress tweeted a couple of weeks ago she was back in the studio for TOR, so you can bet your bottom dollar other companion VA's are back in the saddle too.

Expect news reports on zombie apocalypse when they get to Trooper-story voice acting, though.

Sweet! :D

Ok. Let's take a step back. We are starving for info so we will read into this much more then what it actually says, which is fine for EA's marketing arm.

But this release does nothing more then confirm the name Kights of the Fallen Empire. It mentions story telling which objectively has been something BW has always done and specifically as it relates to SWTOR has come back into focus, and a new companion and planets which is hardly surprising.

We knew there would be another xpac. The fact they are calling it the biggest yet is nothing more than marketing speak. Or to put it another way, every game on release, every xpac on release, is the best thing to ever happen in gaming.

So objectively this is nothing more than the tease before the tease we are getting on June 15th. It is exciting. And it certainly is something to talk about, but really it isn't a huge bit of news.

I'm very excited. lol. But I know I'm biased and I know I'm starving for info and new content. I also want this game to succeed in a huge way. And yet, I must temper that with the reality that this is barely enough info to make it news.

Edited by Rafaman

Sorry, but I have to agree with the other poster... I really don't see them suddenly throwing the game timeline around. Star Wars is, generally speaking, based on a linear series of events. Time travel and alternate realities aren't one of the staples of this science-fantasy genre.

Planting easter eggs or tie-ins to the films? Can definitely see that.

If SWG could go an do zombie storm troopers, I'm sure SWTOR could find a way to jump timelines.

And it doesn't have to be time travel. It could just be that time goes on as normal, we just have a resolution to the current story lines then rejoin an ancestor of our characters in the future. Amazingly; they all make it through destruction of planets and wars, and the jedi having children who evade being detected as force sensitive. Family trees all go unbroken, all goes without a hitch. :rolleyes:

Anyway; I doubt it happens, just don't see it as inconceivable to come up with.

Edited by Technohic

*Cough cough* Jakku as a planet *cough cough*

And again you go assuming. It's already in Battlefront, it doesn't need to be in SWTOR. There are other planets in the new movies, too.

If you haven't read reddit's copy of this thread, you will know one of the new planets is called Zakuul, from data-mining.

Ok. Let's take a step back. We are starving for info so we will read into this much more then what it actually says, which is fine for EA's marketing arm.

But this release does nothing more then confirm the name Kights of the Fallen Republic. It mentions story telling which objectively has been something BW has always done and specifically as it relates to SWTOR has come back into focus, and a new companion and planets which is hardly surprising.

We knew there would be another xpac. The fact they are calling it the biggest yet is nothing more than marketing speak. Or to put it another way, every game on release, every xpac on release, is the best thing to ever happen in gaming.

So objectively this is nothing more than the tease before the tease we are getting on June 15th. It is exciting. And it certainly is something to talk about, but really it isn't a huge bit of news.

I'm very excited. lol. But I know I'm biased and I know I'm starving for info and new content. I also want this game to succeed in a huge way. And yet, I must temper that with the reality that this is barely enough info to make it news.

rofl...

I hope they release it during the summer or just before or during the movie release date. Because if they tell us about next year first quarter, then its a problem of "interest" for me playing raids to get good stuff and when I do that, puff.

better now! bring it on.

Timing is really important here, If its 1 year from now, it will make many bored to upgrade their equipment with the current lvl, they will wait for the next expansion.

What makes it interesting, it says the biggest ever seen? Well EA is a bit "hold a small basket" - but for a moment it sounded like a huge revamp of the game.

Edited by Oyranos

i know a lot of people are tied to "the old republic" lore and such but lets be real, the movies will generate interest, and a lot of people that have no ties to the old republic will be looking for that content from the movies or something they can understand if they have never heard of or care about Revan for example.

Like it or not they would be very stupid to not take advantage of the hype machine that will accompany those films. and that hype can only help grow the game.

I may be wrong.. i dont have any insidder info or anything like that, its just a theory ive had for some time now since the announced the new films

I'm sorry, but this just makes... no sense.

First: the title of this game is The Old Republic.

Second: It doesn't make any sense for any of our characters o have any role in the new story settings - more than just visiting the planets is ridiculous. Not only would such a thing violate the core foundations of the game, but it also breaks all logic, reasoning, and storylines...

Third: Your theory is bad.

I seriously hope there will be so much hilarity and jaw dropping storyline & lore changes, as well as MORE Solo Flashpoint features that (some) people on this forums lose their minds.

I want Jar Jar Binks, Mace Windu, Ewok crewed Starships and more chaos.

Edited by RoboArthurDayne

You mean "closed PTS/Beta" and then "Early Access" again, right?

And I wouldn't be surprised if it were released in December again. And then a silent month after. Which would be unfortunate.

If a repeat of the SoR release happens I'll be permanently done with this game instead of simply no longer subscribing.

One time of playing a bug filled expansion with zero communication and bug fixes for months is all a game gets.

More companions would be cool. It sounds plural though so maybe a companions for each class? I'd like that then a universal one again and they would probably be same sex I guess.

Multiple planets is awesome hopefully with more class stories. I want Dantioone above all I think. I'm glad this is almost story content so far :)

I think the name fallen empire refers to the SITH Empire. the Emperor ruled the empire for 1300 years, he was seen by many Imperials as a near divine figure (we literally see it in a quest where someone is like "the emperor provides" it sounded like something from warhammer 40k) with the well let's call it what it is, betrayal of the Emperor, and the death of Ziost, a world of GREAT cultural signfcigence to the Sith, as well as the fact that the Repuiblic is winning the war. I think the fallen Empire will in fact refer to the Sith Empire basicly collapsing as the story progresses, this isn't to say it'll instantly vanish but I bet it'll splinter. sure you'll have the "core empire" under Nox and Marr, but the rest of the dark council may even opt to go their own way. Moffs will take their sectors out and attempt to do their own thing etc. the result ius MASS TURMOIL in the galaxy all the while with the Emperor in the background, as a great threat

If a repeat of the SoR release happens I'll be permanently done with this game instead of simply no longer subscribing.

One time of playing a bug filled expansion with zero communication and bug fixes for months is all a game gets.

Let's hope they invite more than just NiM raiders to test new operations this time. Ohh and that they actually test them on 16m AND with melee characters. Not to even mention the bugs... All 2.0 cycle operations launch in a way WAY better state, few bugs and well tuned Edited by Pietrastor

I think the name fallen empire refers to the SITH Empire. the Emperor ruled the empire for 1300 years, he was seen by many Imperials as a near divine figure (we literally see it in a quest where someone is like "the emperor provides" it sounded like something from warhammer 40k) with the well let's call it what it is, betrayal of the Emperor, and the death of Ziost, a world of GREAT cultural signfcigence to the Sith, as well as the fact that the Repuiblic is winning the war. I think the fallen Empire will in fact refer to the Sith Empire basicly collapsing as the story progresses, this isn't to say it'll instantly vanish but I bet it'll splinter. sure you'll have the "core empire" under Nox and Marr, but the rest of the dark council may even opt to go their own way. Moffs will take their sectors out and attempt to do their own thing etc. the result ius MASS TURMOIL in the galaxy all the while with the Emperor in the background, as a great threat

That's possible and not a bad idea actually, I dig it. But the Empire has nothing to fear because the Force will give the Republic Qui Gon Bong Fong Jin who will find a chosen one to bring Balance back to the galaxy, meaning the Empire will be saved somehow.

The Force finds a way and soon a Jedi Master loses his hand and a Sith Lord becomes an Emperor, gets thrown down an open shaft to die.. the cycle repeats.

Edited by RoboArthurDayne

This is what I generally thought as well, but the whole knights thing doesn't really fit with the sith empire as it is now.

I eagerly await monday

This is what I generally thought as well, but the whole knights thing doesn't really fit with the sith empire as it is now.

I eagerly await monday

Doesn't seem to relate to the teaser image or the "Hidden away in the dark of the galaxy, remained a secret" tagline either.

Edited by Senrie

aha! so this is why the cancelled Shadow Realms!

I thought I might as well jump right in the fun.

Lol I was kinda thinking the same thing, except that this is shadow realms, and that name was just used as a codename.

That's possible and not a bad idea actually, I dig it. But the Empire has nothing to fear because the Force will give the Republic Qui Gon Bong Fong Jin who will find a chosen one to bring Balance back to the galaxy, meaning the Empire will be saved somehow.

The Force finds a way and soon a Jedi Master loses his hand and a Sith Lord becomes an Emperor, gets thrown down an open shaft to die.. the cycle repeats.

the chosen they expected, actually joined the empire and killed all jedis... he brought balance in numbers.

watch the picture bellow what I mean...

Dont worry its not a tricky link, I never do such things, its a funny picture from sw lovers http://i.imgur.com/pPQ3RqS.jpg

and tell me if the image speaks wrong.