"You've Got Bad Gear....."

Thanks for all the tips guys, gonna definitely take the advice about relics (just went and bought them) and I am trying to power through yavin to get to zoist and this blue gear.

Just to clarify as a tank and a healer I more than know how to fight my corner and do my job well, (no bighead I've just been playing these role for a very long time), I just have done very little level 60 content because before I came back the cap was still 55 (I think, it was about a year ago) So I am not sure how a lot of the level 60 stuff works, it doesn't help that I'm not in a guild and cant seem to get into one for end game content, so in game this kind of advice is hard to come by

No worries, everyone has to learn at some point :)

You should look at joining a guild, honestly if you go to fleet and just say "Level 60 looking for guild" you'll probably get 15 offers in as many seconds (or, if you're on Jedi Covenant PM me and we can see if my guild would work for you!). But regardless, it is nice to have people in game to ask questions to.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HM = guild-only content ?

Oh absolutely not, that was not what I was trying to say at all. My point was in regards to him not having anyone to ask questions to in game, I've found you usually get much better answers when asking a question in guild chat as opposed to on fleet or something (where you're playing Russian Roulette with whether the answer is true or not).

Oh absolutely not, that was not what I was trying to say at all. My point was in regards to him not having anyone to ask questions to in game, I've found you usually get much better answers when asking a question in guild chat as opposed to on fleet or something (where you're playing Russian Roulette with whether the answer is true or not).

*her

and I'm on Freedon Nadd (European server) tbh everything that happened has really put me off playing my level 60 so I'm leveling one of the other 6 chars I have :D

for now anyway

Edited by LeonoraOmega

*her

and I'm on Freedon Nadd (European server) tbh everything that happened has really put me off playing my level 60 so I'm leveling one of the other 6 chars I have :D

for now anyway

Haha apologies. And fair enough, but don't let a couple of jerks ruin the game for you, most people on the game are more than happy to help people out and explain things, unfortunately the ones who aren't tend to be the loudest so they sometimes seem to drown out the other voices.

Having gear and knowing how to use it are two very different things. And, the fact that one is under geared does not mean they are a liability. I'm all for giving someone a chance before I even approach gearing advice.

I was just in a HM where a guy spent the first 10 minutes going over everyone's gear, achievements, and general life story. Then, after deciding to join us(two dps'ers and myself the tank cleared everything until the first boss), he told everyone that we lacked dps and couldn't finish the final boss. Even worse, he critiqued everyone and had a total condescending attitude towards the group the whole way through the Hm. We cleared it just fine. Nary a wipe. No one needed a bit of his "advice" or help. Some of it wasn't even optimal.

Regardless, I checked out his achieves at the end and guess what...I was 10x more experienced in all content...and more geared. The dps'ers? All 192 non-set. I felt sorry for the dps'ers who had to suffer through that nonsense. You'd be surprised how many people act like this in Hm's.

Giv'em a chance to fail before you treat them like failures. And, even then, what's the point?

You're talking about the Droid? You're kiddin', right? You need ~4.9k dps to beat the enrage on this boss. That's 2.45kdps per DD when neither tank nor healer add any dps. Since at least tanks do, it's more in the range of 2k per dps. A number you could achieve back in the last days of the 1.x cycle in campaign gear. Nowadays you achieve this with autoattacks. There's NO REASON AT ALL to hit softenrage on this boss.

To the OP: This is BS. Look up your questlog and you'll see the recommended gear level is 178. That is enough if you know what you're doing. But since it's so easy to get at least 190 Ziost blues, people will blame you for being undergeared.

But normally that is an excuse made by bads that need to be carried. Hell, I've seen people claim others, that were in fully min/maxed 180 token gear, are undergeared for TFB/S&V SM before 3.0.

Before 2.0 I've seen people saying others in full campaign gear (has an item rating of 146) are undergeared for Karaggas Palace or even EV SM, wich required a gear level of maybe 120.

Tldr: Get the 190 Zisot Equip, it's easily grindable and almost as good as the 192 token gear you get from lvl 60 SM ops. Then buy yourself 2 relics(or if you have an artificer, craft them yourself, shematics can be bought right at the trainer). As a dps/heal you'd want 1 serendipitious assault and 1 focused retribution. As a tank get reactive warding and fortunate redoubt. They are named Ruusan relic of X for 186(purple, which are already better than 186 token relics from DP NiM and almost as good as the 192 rating ones) and advanced Ruusan relic of X for the blue ones, rating 178.

That's all you need for HM FP's(in fact, for FP's it's already overgeared, but whatever) and SM OPS.

Dude... Please... I BEG you!!!

Please make a video of you tearing Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi apart with group fully geared in 178.

I'll be waiting.

Oh and don't forget to kill bonus bosses. I'm pretty sure that you as a supah-pro will be fine.

Also, you may get soft enrage on droid. Maybe you are usually in team with such good geared DPS, that boss will completely ignore his own mechanics, i don't know.

But when you say "Its IMPOSSIBLE to hit soft enrage" - i want to cry. Mostly becouse you will hit soft enrage in ANY CASE.

Its a boss mechanics when he reaches certain health percent. And this is soft enrage.

You say you can kill it faster than it will engage it? Ok. Show me some proof. Make a video. And don't forget to do it with fully 178 geared team.

It is not based on health percent but on a timer. You will hit soft enrage at 2:30.

This.

To the other poster, I ran the HM 60s in old 180 Gear (which is close to 178) back when it came out before all the nerfs and did fine. 178 is fine. But with the generous amount of Coms you get you should be in 186 gear anyways as there is so much comms it's harder not to be geared in Basic comm gear.

Please make a video of you tearing Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi apart with group fully geared in 178.

I'll be waiting.

Oh and don't forget to kill bonus bosses. I'm pretty sure that you as a supah-pro will be fine.

I'll try to convince a few guildies to do it, just for you ;)

Question: Are we allowed to use Augments? Would PvP gear be also fine?

What then? Your next excuse will be "You were on TS". Or something along these lines. Hell, Someone could do it naked without voice and bads would still find excuses for how its impossible to do without being full 198(not meaning you, just a general statement.)

Also, you may get soft enrage on droid. Maybe you are usually in team with such good geared DPS, that boss will completely ignore his own mechanics, i don't know.

But when you say "Its IMPOSSIBLE to hit soft enrage" - i want to cry. Mostly becouse you will hit soft enrage in ANY CASE.

Its a boss mechanics when he reaches certain health percent. And this is soft enrage.

You say you can kill it faster than it will engage it? Ok. Show me some proof. Make a video. And don't forget to do it with fully 178 geared team.

First off, I didn't say it's impossible. I said there's no reason to hit soft enrage. Which, as posted above, starts based on a timer after 2:30. Thats ~4.9k dps required. Assuming a tank can pull 900 dps, wich isn't hard, it's 2k per dps required. Something you can do by using autoattacks(note this parse is ~5 months old and was done in unoptimized 192s)

Edited by Torvai

*her

for now anyway

If you need guilds I may be able to help. If you got reps mail Jutwor or Nemida. Imps mail Vehird or Edekzun. I'll see what I can do (cant promise anything with the imps, the guild is filling fast and I don't have invite rights.

Whisper: also I would suggest finding a new imp one after you got the advice you were looking for, they aren't very popular and really only much use if your interested in guild that run HM 60 ops 5 out of 7 nights a week.

Edited by BobFredJohn

I'll be waiting.

Also, you may get soft enrage on droid. [/Quote]

Alright, done. Just need to edit and cut the videos and upload them, which will take a while with my crappy connection. Do you want the full runs or just boss fights?

When I'm done I'll post them in a new thread, keep an eye out;)

Oh and for the most part group was in 172s, with a few parts 178, one dps in full rated gear(174). Hope that still counts :p

Edited by Torvai

Alright, done. Just need to edit and cut the videos and upload them, which will take a while with my crappy connection. Do you want the full runs or just boss fights?

When I'm done I'll post them in a new thread, keep an eye out;)

Oh and for the most part group was in 172s, with a few parts 178, one dps in full rated gear(174). Hope that still counts :p

I just want to see your healer healing the bonus boss of Battle of Rishi, that's gotta be the most impressive part of it!

LOL at the droid boss enrage...I didn't even think such a thing existed until a week ago.

Since then, I've seen it twice - once with a 40K dps assassin wearing tank greens and spamming the basic saber attack (wiped - kicked them, got replacement and had no problems) and once with a 38K sorc (droid started enrage channel but died before finishing).

So why was this content so easy back last December using gear from RotCH mixed with leveling and Basic comms, but is now so difficult six months later when players have had time to accumulate loads of higher level commendations, gear from nerfed Operations, gear from Ziost, plus dirt cheap augments and relics (compared to none even available the first week of SoR)?

Oh wait - I know why - now its full of lazy players with no respect for others queuing up expecting to be carried.

Why bother spending any time or effort updating crappy 12X XP gear and missing slots with easily obtainable SoR gear or taking a few moments to set up key binds and practice rotations when one can just get others to carry them.

BTW - I've also completed Battle of Rishi HM recently with players (tanks and healers) near the minimum gear level and having never done the FP - but a quick inspection showed they put a bit of effort into optimizing the gear they had while their play showed they knew their class and how to perform their role.

Good players don't need as much gear as average players, while no amount of gear can seem to help the worst.

Edited by DawnAskham

Today, when playing on my Gunnery Commando, I got told again that I have to gear up. I know my dps is low (3,3k) and my APM is nowhere near 40. I don't even know how 40 APM is possible when discipline is all about Boltstorm damage. Can't get more elite comms before next Tuesday and I'm only getting 20 Ultimates per week so yeah... I'm trying. Edited by Halinalle

I just want to see your healer healing the bonus boss of Battle of Rishi, that's gotta be the most impressive part of it!

Yeah, he's really hard. And I got myself kicked down on Jos and Valk, so there's not much to be seen in the video for that fight :D

Problem is that some of the FP require decent gear just becouse of DPS/Heal checks.

Bright example is Korriban Incursion.

It's a easiest FP of all 60.

BUT (!!!!)

If you don't have a decent DPS or heal gear - you will probably wipe at the first boss due his soft enrage.

Im not even talking about Blood hunt.

Im quite offten see people in 178 gear. And it usually catastrophy.

Yeah, 178 gear is cool enough... for Yavin daily.

In HM FPS 186 gear is necessery requirement.

I never believed in this tooltip about recommended gear level of 178. Its a lie.

just lol done all of the hm fp in 180 bonused gear easy (including blood hunt before nerf) im merc heal btw

Unless gear is absolutely bad/awful for the content there is no point about complaining about it.

99% of the time the ones complaining about gear stuff are quite bad.

I rather go with an undergeared skilled player than with 95% of the fleet players with his 192-198 comm grinded horrible gear.

If i had to kick someone it would not be because of gear , just because he is horrible as hell

I dont check anything when i do group content. I only start checking when i see people doing weird/crap stuff. In that case i dont check gear, i check cheevs.

And yeah there is quite horrible players with average cheevs, and some good players with crappy cheevs too, but that doesnt happen a lot.

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir

All 60 HM Flashpoints (except maybe Blood Hunt, but I have tried it since it was nerfed) can be completed in 186 token gear with no augments or optimization. I know, I have done them all on alts like that. It just people actually paying attention and using CC etc.

The "Your gear is bad..." statement is usually made by people who got carried by others for their gear and prefer to just go brain dead and let the gear carry them. I have seen sub geared people out dps them before, which was fun. I was glad I made him get in our parse group before we started. The excuses were hilarious when a 192/198 raid geared sorc was getting out dpsed by a 186 comm geared operative.

I pay less attention to gear & more attention to capability. Excellent gear doesn't make a window licking invalid play any better.

I pay less attention to gear & more attention to capability.

Yup likewise; I've also occasionally run into folks in Group Finder HMFP's that consider the amount of HP one has to decide if they are geared enough for the run...

One example was a Commando DPS in 192/198 un-optimised commendation gear with 54k who called out a 44k Scoundrel heals for being under geared. Sure his gear was borderline, but he sure was capable and had done the FP before. Unfortunately the Commando wouldn't even zone in to the FlashPoint and wouldn't leave group... She/he also said the heals HP was too low without checking his gear or at least seeing if they were a capable player. Ended up getting the vote kick that Commando did... :rolleyes:

Yup likewise; I've also occasionally run into folks in Group Finder HMFP's that consider the amount of HP one has to decide if they are geared enough for the run...

One example was a Commando DPS in 192/198 un-optimised commendation gear with 54k who called out a 44k Scoundrel heals for being under geared. Sure his gear was borderline, but he sure was capable and had done the FP before. Unfortunately the Commando wouldn't even zone in to the FlashPoint and wouldn't leave group... She/he also said the heals HP was too low without checking his gear or at least seeing if they were a capable player. Ended up getting the vote kick that Commando did... :rolleyes:

Way to show that Commando by doing exactly what he wanted...if you vote-kick somebody, he can re-queue immediately, if he quits, he gets a 15 minute timeout. If the scoundrel was heals, the commando was dps, so you should have been able to get a replacement dps much more quickly than he'd get a full group. So (imo, if you had a few minutes to kill), the best play would have been for the three of you to /ignore him and then make group comments about how much more quickly you'd be doing the fp once he figured out you weren't going to kick him and he quit.

Your time to continue: [however long before commando quits] + time to get a dps from queue

His time to continue: [however long he waits before quitting] + 15 minutes + time to find a tank/healer/dps needing a single dps.

His time to continue: [however long he waits before quitting] + 15 minutes

this is actually incorrect. Timer starts once you join a group. If you spend 15 minutes in a flashpoint and then quit the group you won't have any lockouts

Way to show that Commando by doing exactly what he wanted...

Yup the group did hold off for 10 to 15 minutes as we cleared trash etc... (was the Tython HMFP), however about 10 - 15 minutes of waiting around and a bit of stern wording in chat the Commando still would not budge... Was going to be better to drop her (was a female toon) and pick up another DPS as the others were running out of patience lol :D

Only 54k? That's for noobs.

I saw 56k Commando on fleet few days ago.