3.2.1 Marauder/Sentinel Insight: Annihilation/Watchman Rotation Design Philosophy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all the parses I had done on PTS self healing was between 10 HPs and 40 HPs lower than on live parses (1 Mio Dummy). That's with a rotation that had keeping Dots up as first priority. But: As stated before, passive and active focus generation are designed in a way that you will focus cap at certain points in your rotation and lack focus at other points. So while mathematically self healing may have gone up, it's not playable in a way that self healing goes up. So in reality self healing on single targets has been nerfed as stated. But only because the rotation in general has been nerfed to being factually unplayable...

Basicly what he said I would go further, 3.2.1. in the last iteration we saw will remove any Sents/Marauders from competitive Endgame Content of any kind. I will go as far to say a Sent will not be even viable for Storymode operations except if he is already overequipt.

@Adrell: How are the numbers on t3m4 concerning people maining a Sent/Mara for Hardmode Premade Groups? On JKS no Sents and 1 crazy person staying on a Mara regardless of what happens. Would be nice to know and how they developped compared to pre 3.0. on JKS we are looking at a over 90% decline in Sent/Mara Population :D

In all the parses I had done on PTS self healing was between 10 HPs and 40 HPs lower than on live parses (1 Mio Dummy). That's with a rotation that had keeping Dots up as first priority. But: As stated before, passive and active focus generation are designed in a way that you will focus cap at certain points in your rotation and lack focus at other points. So while mathematically self healing may have gone up, it's not playable in a way that self healing goes up. So in reality self healing on single targets has been nerfed as stated. But only because the rotation in general has been nerfed to being factually unplayable...

The self heal changes are a straight up nerf. They would be better if we would be able to keep up our DoT-spread but:

• it's a change that homogenizes classes even more and takes away even more of our uniqueness
  • It takes away fun and control over when to get a small healing spike
  • Watchman is a single target spec. Adding a self-heal that's only effective when spreading DoTs is against everything this class used to be
  • our DoT-spread is simply not viable. It deals no damage, has no range, a pathetic diameter, costs too much focus to keep up the spread (especially no there's a 6sec DoT lol), and is not part of the single target rotation
  • and even if the spread would be viable it's barely useful in endgame PvE and destructive for PvP (see Hatred)
  • nobody asked for a change of our unique self-heal concept. If they'd just given us back our old 2%, everyone would've been happy

Edited by DynamiCtagez

Ah, then it was either me screwing up the self heals contribution from Zen, or making some silly assumptions like thinking you were doing your 18 second cycle when you were getting the 10-40 less HPS.

Though I did get thinking, what if you changed the order from Melt>ZS>Leap to Leap>Melt>ZS? You'd have a much lower chance of focus capping that way

Ah, then it was either me screwing up the self heals contribution from Zen, or making some silly assumptions like thinking you were doing your 18 second cycle when you were getting the 10-40 less HPS.

Though I did get thinking, what if you changed the order from Melt>ZS>Leap to Leap>Melt>ZS? You'd have a much lower chance of focus capping that way

I can assure you we all tried everything we could think of different stats, different rotations, crazy priority systems. It doesn´t work. We are right an Bioware is wrong. That is what John doesn´t want to accept and thats why he is ready to do everything to destroy the class to make us pay for criticizing him.

Still everything would stay a total unplayable mess, nope I have given up hope. I think almost everyone else has too.

I gave up after reading these changes, well most of the recent proposed changes. It just seems like they had a 5 minute meeting and just picked the very first idea and went with it. Completely ignoring the 6 months of feedback.

I am glad my choice in re rolling to a sage was justified.

I applaud the efforts of others like Oofalong and Solo, but I havent parsed or raided on my Sentinel in a month or so. And I dont plan to come back to Watchman to parse until a 2.X style is returned. But we all know this we will never happen, the devs have so much undeserved pride.

Everything I've seen from the developers the past few weeks has been pathetic and this post trumps the lot. Seriously what HAVE you been doing? What the F**K HAVE you been doing? Was this literally thrown together last minute? How, how, how has 6 months of feedback been ignored and you give us this crap pot.

TST is a situational long ranged ability? Gee Batman, next you'll be telling us that slash is a melee ability that is meant to be used within 4m because so many of us wonder why it cant be used from 30m. Could you explain that to me in a patronizing manner? Maybe you should make your next post about that Bioware? Maybe spend another 2 months discussing that with your half assed lot of developers why a melee class is as such called a melee class, and bring back your findings to the community because we are just brainless chimps anyway.

You have literally been spoon-fed dozens, upon dozens, upon dozens of decent ideas and suggestions. And arguably the only decent change was Ardor, and you originally put that into Heroic. There is no sound logic for this decision. Much like how you 'listened' to us about Defensive forms and had a moment of triumph! Lets move the utility into 3 different utilities! Because they were obviously telling us it was too OP for sentinels to have and therefore needed a nerf.

F**king moronic is the scientific term for your condition.

I have been very patient with you. You will see no such patience from me anymore.

Edited by CameoCream
More rage at stupid devs