Tired of Super mario (Datacrons)

Shodori

Thanks for adding a huge waste of time adding the puzzles that are datacrons... you see them as a fun waste of time... fine then just leave the lore on them and take away the attribute bonus's i can sure see it now when you apply to a guild and they see you missing all those lovely datacron stats from your gear.

Its annoying not being able to make the perfect jump... you want lore... theres this thing that jedi have called force jump to get up that extra 2 feet.

Oh wait better yet I hear all these sentient species have apparently called hands you know.. hold tools.. maybe even some rock climbing.

If i wanted to play portal i would play portal.. if i want to play the nintendo i would be doing that.

Its an annoyance yet one that i can't just ignore Thanks... don't do this crap again in expos

Edited by Shodori

Thanks for adding a huge waste of time adding the puzzles that are datacrons... you see them as a fun waste of time... fine then just leave the lore on them and take away the attribute bonus's i can sure see it now when you apply to a guild and they see you missing all those lovely datacron stats from your gear.

Its annoying not being able to make the perfect jump... you want lore... theres this thing that jedi have called force jump to get up that extra 2 feet.

Oh wait better yet I hear all these sentient species have apparently called hands you know.. hold tools.. maybe even some rock climbing.

If i wanted to play portal i would play portal.. if i want to play the nintendo i would be doing that.

Its an annoyance yet one that i can't just ignore Thanks... don't do this crap again in expos

Then don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to get the datacrons.

OP is upset that everything isn't handed to him.

I've been practicing my Running On Small Ledges and Jumping to Odd Places skills for years. Finally I get to put them to use!

Yeah, I actually like the hunt for these. I get to put all that exploiting practice to good use!

Then don't do them. The bonuses are small and don't give a real advantage even if you got them all.

But there is no reason to for them to not do this just because you don't like it. Others do. I like the challenge. And yes I get frustrated with them at times also.

Imagine if you didn't have all the guides and had to find them on your own like the people who first found the routes to them by trial and error.

Again no reason for you to complain about something that is completely optional.

I've been practicing my Running On Small Ledges and Jumping to Odd Places skills for years. Finally I get to put them to use!

Haha, me too! I used to love jumping on weird stuff on MMO's... Going on weird journeys to the top of ironforge when it was a bannable offence.

I find them fun.

Then don't do them. The bonuses are small and don't give a real advantage even if you got them all.

But there is no reason to for them to not do this just because you don't like it. Others do. I like the challenge. And yes I get frustrated with them at times also.

Imagine if you didn't have all the guides and had to find them on your own like the people who first found the routes to them by trial and error.

Again no reason for you to complain about something that is completely optional.

For someone trying to min/max their play style they're not optional. Some consider min/maxing something for only elitists who are a very small fraction of a gaming population and don't matter. To me, though, min/maxing is something that I do in every aspect of life. If I'm not doing everything I can to improve myself I'm just hampering everyone else around me.

To sum it up, if I don't get every single datacron that is a benefit to me I am only hindering the people I play with.

That rant aside about min/maxing, the annoyance of some of these datacrons is just plain frustrating. Probably the biggeset offender I've encountered so far has been the balloon in Tatooine. I wouldn't mind if the cycle too 10 or so minutes but 45 minutes is just uncalled for. God forbid if you miss the jump onto the sandcrawler from the balloon. Do that and you've effectively wasted an hour of doing almost nothing.

Spent over an hour trying to figure out how to get the Aim datacron on Taris the other day.

It was hands down one of the funnest times I've ever had in an MMO and the sense of accomplishment was huge. Our guild is actually doing an organizized datacron hunt his week.

I love the non-traditional challenge it offers.

For someone trying to min/max their play style they're not optional. Some consider min/maxing something for only elitists who are a very small fraction of a gaming population and don't matter. To me, though, min/maxing is something that I do in every aspect of life. If I'm not doing everything I can to improve myself I'm just hampering everyone else around me.

To sum it up, if I don't get every single datacron that is a benefit to me I am only hindering the people I play with.

That rant aside about min/maxing, the annoyance of some of these datacrons is just plain frustrating. Probably the biggeset offender I've encountered so far has been the balloon in Tatooine. I wouldn't mind if the cycle too 10 or so minutes but 45 minutes is just uncalled for. God forbid if you miss the jump onto the sandcrawler from the balloon. Do that and you've effectively wasted an hour of doing almost nothing.

Min/maxing is optional....it's your choice to min/max....therefore, datacrons are optional. You're trying to spin OCD into some excuse about "hindering" your teammates. That's just a rationalization. I'm pretty sure my Jedi Sentinel can hold his own in any group without that +2 Aim bonus, for example. An hour? Is that really a deal-breaker? Where are you going? This game is barely a week old. Is your toon being retired in a few days? I'm sure that toon has years of farming operations and flashpoints ahead.

For someone trying to min/max their play style they're not optional.

Yes they are. There is no situation in the game where not having them will make one bit of difference. Not one.

You will not hinder your teammates once not having them, or not having all of them.

Edited by Deyjarl

As implimented datacrons are stupid. They don't reward exploration as the BDF claims. Exploring the map is one thing playing a bad console game is another.

But as you've already seen, all your replies will be variations on the strawman "OMG YOU JUST WANT THEM HANDED TO YOU!!!!!111ELEVEN"

Yes they are. There is no situation in the game where not having them will make one bit of difference. Not one.

You will not hinder your teammates once not having them, or not having all of them.

He sort of has a point...and this is coming from a raider since mid-BC

Part of min/maxing is suppose to be hard anyway, so toughen up and get ready to waste some time bud.