Revan sounds like.....

VonHess

either a TV game show announcer or Superman from the 70's Superfriends cartoon. I know I'm late to the party but I just came back to the game and did the Forged Alliances mission where you kill Darth Arkous and his buddy and then Revan shows up in his ship. Not a game-breaker but not what I expected. Does anyone else think the voice is a bit odd for the character? For some reason I imagined him sounding like Anthony Hopkins.

The reason the voice sounds a little off/weird is because it's a different actor (Spencer Garrett) trying to impersonate Revan's previous voice actor (Jeff Bennett)

Jeff Bennett has a very specific announcer type voice. Even when people originally heard Revan's voice in The Foundry I remember they're being a lot of complaints about it, but people got used to it.

Anyways when you have somebody doing an impression or voice matching rather it can often times begin to sound comical because it almost always comes across as an exaggerated version of the original voice the way most (comedic) impressions are.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

I like his voice personally. I think it fits him. Dark, broodi g and calculating. Fits perfectly.

I don't know. He is centuries old, was tortured for much of that time and has come back from the dead at least once. To me he sounds like he just came off Malibu Beach, he has sparkly perfectly white teeth and a fantastic tan.

I don't know. He is centuries old, was tortured for much of that time and has come back from the dead at least once. To me he sounds like he just came off Malibu Beach, he has sparkly perfectly white teeth and a fantastic tan.

The Emperor was keeping him alive for centuries. His physical appearance is still that of a man in his 30s/40s. Despite his age he physically doesn't resemble an old man, so it would be strange if he had an old man sounding voice.

Did you never play the Foundry/Malestrom missions in the vanilla game? Is Forged Alliances the first time you encountered Revan in the game?

Wonder twin powers ACTIVATE!

Jayna: "Form of a T-Rex!"

Zan: "Shape of a bucket of water, YEAH!"

Jayna: "A bucket of water, really Zan?! You going to super soak the Emperor to death? He's not the wicked witch ya know."

Zan: "Blup, blup , blup...."

GAH! EVERY FREAKING TIME HE TURNED INTO A BUCKET OF WATER I swore I'd throw my juice bag through the massive glass of our 25" BIG screen console TV.

If I recall he's voiced by the same actor who voiced Johnny Bravo from the cartoon.

Geezus...the guy has an amazing resume. He's been the voice of characters such as Kyle Katarn, Jango Fett, Dooku, and everyone's favorite, Imperial Officer.

The guy's rather amazing at what he does...impressive voice actor.

Geezus...the guy has an amazing resume. He's been the voice of characters such as Kyle Katarn, Jango Fett, Dooku, and everyone's favorite, Imperial Officer.

The guy's rather amazing at what he does...impressive voice actor.

Just FYI Revan is only voiced by Jeff Bennett in the vanilla game. The Shadow of Revan voice is someone imitating him which is why it sounds a little off.

Fun fact in the original KOTOR Revan is voiced by Rino Ramono, another voice actor with a long resume of stuff

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0738951/

Just FYI Revan is only voiced by Jeff Bennett in the vanilla game. The Shadow of Revan voice is someone imitating him which is why it sounds a little off.

Fun fact in the original KOTOR Revan is voiced by Rino Ramono, another voice actor with a long resume of stuff

Wow that's quite a list of credits that guy has.

Again...WOW! So what comes first, Revan or outlandish success? ;) Rino's resume was impressive indeed.

The Emperor was keeping him alive for centuries. His physical appearance is still that of a man in his 30s/40s. Despite his age he physically doesn't resemble an old man, so it would be strange if he had an old man sounding voice.

Did you never play the Foundry/Malestrom missions in the vanilla game? Is Forged Alliances the first time you encountered Revan in the game?

yes, other than when you go into the Revan cave on Dromund Kaas and I don't think he speaks in that cut-scene. SWTOR was the first time I'd ever heard of Revan. I haven't gotten far enough in game to see what he looks like without the mask but I did just look at some screenshots online. Based on those I'm thinking one of the younger to middle aged actors on game of thrones would be a good voice for him. He needs to have at least a tinge of a british accent since he has been dark side/imperial. I think the guy that plays Littlefinger has an interesting sort of younger but weathered voice that would fit him. Am I crazy if I say maybe even Pierce Brosnan would fit?

yes, other than when you go into the Revan cave on Dromund Kaas and I don't think he speaks in that cut-scene. SWTOR was the first time I'd ever heard of Revan. I haven't gotten far enough in game to see what he looks like without the mask but I did just look at some screenshots online. Based on those I'm thinking one of the younger to middle aged actors on game of thrones would be a good voice for him. He needs to have at least a tinge of a british accent since he has been dark side/imperial. I think the guy that plays Littlefinger has an interesting sort of younger but weathered voice that would fit him. Am I crazy if I say maybe even Pierce Brosnan would fit?

Revan started out as a Jedi, so he wouldn't have an Imperial/Brittish accent.

If you've played Forged Alliances then you're way past the story point(s) where you come across (maskless) Revan for the first time. If you're only playing through the game solo you'll never encounter him until Forged Alliances. The first time you come across him in the game is the Maelstrom Prison (Republic) or The Foundry (Empire) which are both Flashpoints in level 40 range. Maelstrom Prison occurs before The Foundry chronologically.

Here are the videos

Maelstrom Prison (Republic)

(Part 1)

(Part 2)

Call To Arms (Empire)

Edited by Darth-Obvious