So Bioware, about people bypassing the locked part on Ziost to fight the OP Boss etc.

MeNaCe-NZ

This is totally a non-issue for most players, including many of those that have completed the existing HMs to enjoy and overcome the challenge itself.

If you only feel good about yourself and your accomplishments based on the gear you obtained, and knowing no one else has access to similar or better gear through other activities, then you are one sad individual.

Now an actual issue I feel the new Ops boss has highlighted is the lack of visibility in Bioware's plans and timetable for future Operations content, be that adding a NiM for the existing Operations or adding new multi-boss progression based Operations.

Yes.. a REAL ROADMAP from BW would be nice... part of the reason guilds like ZORZ are leaving I'm sure and likely more guilds might be just as public, but many have silently decreased in progression players already.

I agree with Dawn.. why does it matter if someone else can get this mainhand? Should the RNG Revanite gear token get yanked from this boss too since it could be a 198 mainhand that is only available killing Revan in HM, but this is a SM run? Sorry, but that really sounds like special snowflake syndrome here.

And remove 204 MH from loot table completely please

Now if you will remove this 204 bs everyone will be happy

• Maybe the next round of Operations will have one less boss and this is to balance that out?
  • Maybe BW has finally realized making "Hardmarish" for 1%-3% of the population was a BAD idea and waste of resources and is cutting folks a break here.
  • Maybe the ONLY way to get people to go after this boss is to put in a big carrot... lets be honest most guilds would hit it once for Achievement's and never look back. How long did guilds farm NMP? How long did they farm TC?

I think It's nice to see another TC based boss that drops gear people want/need. If it's JUST the mainhand then no big deal... it's one item. Keep in mind player community "appears" to be getting smaller as we move into the summer and lack of content is driving that as well. Less people makes it harder to get 8 people for multiple hours to raid. ONE boss.. much easier to spend 1-2 hours tops to get players (Casual mostly) and keeps people in game. Me personally would like to see MORE bosses like this that can be done ONE-OFF from scheduled RAIDS.

Finally.. WHO CARES? It's something to do on that planet now! If it drops Matter Trans mats then even better.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the continued updates! It nearly makes up for the fact that this issue wasn't fixed a month ago on the PTS.

You guys patched one of the two routes to the walled-off area, which is good, but maybe it might have been a bit more cost-effective (from an exploit monitoring/punishment perspective) to fix all of the known routes...just a thought.

Thanks for the continued updates! It nearly makes up for the fact that this issue wasn't fixed a month ago on the PTS.

You guys patched one of the two routes to the walled-off area, which is good, but maybe it might have been a bit more cost-effective (from an exploit monitoring/punishment perspective) to fix all of the known routes...just a thought.

One was known, the other one wasn't known.

One was known, the other one wasn't known.

They sure do like to make assumptions don't they?

People LISTEN!! BW was only told of ONE way into the area on the PTS and they fixed THAT WAY IN. You can't fix something you don't know existed.

Edited by Anaesha

I have two questions for you, Eric, Why haven't you taken out all the gear from Ravagers Exploit? There are lot of people with crazy amount of 198 gear without clearing HM.

How do you know they didn't? Do you exhaustively inspect everyone's gear and achievements to make sure they "mesh" properly?

How do you know they didn't? Do you exhaustively inspect everyone's gear and achievements to make sure they "mesh" properly?

It only takes seconds to find out. Besides the majority of the players in the game haven't cleared either operations on hard mode yet.

Check my post for why it wasn't done.

my post was unrelated to the wall bug, it was about the HM ravagers exploit that only takes a few seconds to check if someone did the boss legit or not (for most it was not)

Edited by Faardor

I'm surprised that there haven't been trolls porting other players into the secret area to get them banned. I would expect nothing less from users of 4chan, of which I know a lot play this game. Even though they claim to hate it.

For the love of god, of all the things to worry about in the world....people fighting a un-released boss and getting loot before other people IN A VIDEO GAME. :rolleyes: Seriously. Priorities people.

Even in a video game most especially an online game like TOR there are rules and if you break those rules you are subject to punishment.

For the love of god, of all the things to worry about in the world....people fighting a un-released boss and getting loot before other people IN A VIDEO GAME. :rolleyes: Seriously. Priorities people.

An exploit is an exploit.

The rules either apply equally to all, with equal enforcement for all, or why even bother having rules at all?

If this game wasn't as tied to an almost exclusively-vertical/gear-based progression model, then one could argue that it's no big thing, as there'd be (ideally, many) other legit ways to get the gear/rewards, but there aren't.

How far are you going to let it go before the fundamental integrity of this game's entire progression-model is undermined?

I just hope that the exploiters' game-bans extend to the forums as well, the last thing i want to see is a bunch of sanctimonious ****-posting from the cheaters making themselves out to be the victims (like there isn't enough of that already)...

Get a load of the comments in the thread on this matter on Dulfy if you want to wallow in it, though:

Odious. Just odious.

No because common sense tells me that I shouldn't be there as I have no quest or whatever for it ergo it is not for me. I don't need someone to tell me what is common sense.

*shrug* I never had quests to be summoned to fight commanders at conquest launch either and that didn't stop me.

I guarantee that not a single person who goes to down that WB on Ziost did so without knowing what was what.

We all know that we can't access the new content until May 4th.

We all know that there's a great big wall locking us out of the content.

We all know that we're not supposed to be there yet.

Anyone claiming ignorance of the issue is lying. And so I have no sympathy for them. Hell, I hope the weekend exploiters get a month ban(following that pattern of 3 day ban, week ban, etc etc etc)

Pfft you guarantee it, with what evidence?

None, your opinion.

I hoped people like you would have got month bans for repetitive ravagers exploiting but oh well, we can't all get what we want.

I bet ( or maybe I should GUARANTEE it and if you disagree you are lying ... see how stupid it sounds? ) you're still rolling around in your ill gotten gains too whilst taking the moral high ground in this thread.

Destroy the gear you got from that then you can come across as morally righteous. Won't happen though.

I don't see anything wrong with keeping the 204 main hand in the game. Everybody of appropriate level will get access to it on Monday. Out of curiosity what reason do you have for it needing to be removed?

I think 204 is great and removing it from those who got it early equally great. A nice easy means for me to level up some gear and catch up on the folk who kept all their ravager 198's.

I think after ravagergate it was inevitable it would speed up the introduction of higher tier gear in an attempt to rebalance the game again.

One of the things we tried to be clear about with the Ravagers is that we are serious about handling exploits. With that exploit, the Ravagers we were open about our process and the action we were taking. For this issue with Ziost, we are going to do the same.

If a player is bypassing the environment to access an area they should not be able to, and then killing a boss to get loot they should also not have access to, we absolutely consider this an exploit. We are investigating this issue right now, and will be actioning any player who participates, or has participated, in this exploit.

If you ever hear of or find something that can be exploited, do not test it yourself. Please notify us immediately and privately. Some of you brought this issue to our attention on PTS and we thank you for that. We closed that opening, but it seems that there is another method of getting into the area.

We would also like to thank those of you who did not exploit and who have brought this to our attention. Our goal will always be to create a safe and fair environment for our players.

Thanks.

-eric

Thank you, Eric. I appreciate hte effort put into this game by the developers to weed out the ultra-hardcore raiders. They are the bane of every MMO game.

They sure do like to make assumptions don't they?

People LISTEN!! BW was only told of ONE way into the area on the PTS and they fixed THAT WAY IN. You can't fix something you don't know existed.

This is what I found initially by one of our respected forum community members ( just before I made this topic ).

Whilst I've not read it in depth it implies there were 2 ways during PTS and I would assume the OP of that thread reported both via the appropriate means during testing in PTS. Note the time frame on that thread has it all during PTS so nothing there about anyone doing anything in live.

Just pointing out here that maybe this was known during PTS and for whatever reason it wasn't fixed.

Thank you, Eric. I appreciate hte effort put into this game by the developers to weed out the ultra-hardcore raiders. They are the bane of every MMO game.

It's not about weeding out ultra hard-core raiders. Zorz is pretty much their pet guild, after all.

It's about weeding out cheaters. Those are the bane of every multiplayer game, regardless of genre.

It's not about weeding out ultra hard-core raiders. Zorz is pretty much their pet guild, after all.

It's about weeding out cheaters. Those are the bane of every multiplayer game, regardless of genre.

Yeah they got a trophy I hear ... wonder if whoever found this exploit and spread it around will get a trophy.

I wouldn't mind a trophy but I felt attempting this would more likely result in a ban because I'm not in Zorz. ;)

I don't see anything wrong with keeping the 204 main hand in the game. Everybody of appropriate level will get access to it on Monday. Out of curiosity what reason do you have for it needing to be removed?

Because then he cant feel like a special little snowflake...

Yeah they got a trophy I hear ... wonder if whoever found this exploit and spread it around will get a trophy.

I wouldn't mind a trophy but I felt attempting this would more likely result in a ban because I'm not in Zorz. ;)

They got a trophy AFTER being somewhat responsible for spreading the Ravager Exploit, at least on the Harbinger Server, and there were rumors they were responsible for spreading it to other servers as well ((though I'll admit I have no proof of that, hence why I said it is a rumor)). I wouldnt be surprised in the least if the people that are in Zorz who admitted to having done it on reddit also got a ban or if Bioware is making them a special poster to commemorate it.

BTW, to everyone saying that Bioware should have let people know in a better way what was going on, I'm sorry but there has to be some personal responsibility here. Everyone knows that Bioware posts important information on the website and the twitter feed. If people choose not to check the Dev Blog, then thats not really Biowares fault. Further, even if they had put in a message that could be clicked away ig, or put it on the splash screen/launcher, people would still complain about not having seen it and people would still be ************ about biowares poor job at communicating. People have their own responsibility, if they choose not to check out whats going on its not really Bioware's fault.