Spoilers- IA story endings

Stncold

My ending pretty much fit Roxina to a T.

She's Imperial because she was born in Imperial space. Everything she's done has been to protect the normal people in her home sectors from getting caught up in the machinations of religious zealots who think they're somehow better and more important than everyone else. Roxi's a sneak, and a manipulator, and let a LOT of people go because she thought she'd be able to get something out of them later. (Information from Watcher X, possible get out of jail free cards from various Jedi and Republic sympathizers...that kind of stuff.) She backed Vector's whole Kilik thing whole heartedly not just because she wanted to get in his pants, but because she thinks the Empire needs to make better use of its potential resources if it wants to keep its people safe.

Jadus was too much of a threat to be left free. I fully expect to find out he's slipped out of the Dark Council's protection thanks to Darth Malgus or something, and act 4 will have Roxi Batmanning her way across the galaxy hunting his minions again. Roxi had to kill a lot of people to save a lot more, and she's NOT going to be happy if she finds out the Sith let him slip. She hated being brainwormed by both Intelligence and the SIS. If they'd only asked her, she might have defected, but the brainwashing thing was several steps (more like a running leap) too far.

Anyway, for my particular character, the ending of act 3 was phenomenal. She gets to look after "her people" the way she sees best. I just hope that I get to keep playing her as a super ninja space Bond pew pew lazorz boss, like I have been.

Also, +1 for wondering why we never get to see our Voss spouses or that random guy on Balmorra (who I totally thought would end up my second companion) again. I've gone back to both Voss and Balmorra for booty calls and gotten nothing. :( Girl needs a little more than forearm-rubbing action now and again, know what I mean?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did anyone else find the *twist* a bit weak?

So I'm a Male IA and when Hunter reveals herself as a girl I get the flirt option to share a dying kiss. I'm thinking her disguise was all a bit pointless but I figure Bioware is going for a James Bond style, romancing your rival, in love with the bad girl type ending. (or bad guy if you are playing as a girl)

But then I see the female IA ending, Hunter is still a girl, no kiss but instead on option to express your awe at the fact that she achieved all she did while being burdened with ovaries.

I really liked my 'free agent' ending but Hunter's disguise seemed a bit pointless as SW:TOR isn't really meant to have gender defined roles. As an agent I am surrounded by strong (albeit mostly psychotic) women so I just didn't see why Hunter felt the need to disguise herself as a man.

The answer to your question about hunter IMO isn't about social rolls rather that her roll and view of the world had changed so much that taking on a disguise of the opposite sex made it easier for her to play the part of hunter. I could be wrong as I have not played the game through as a female agent (waiting to see what the Legacy system has in store for us). To me it seemed that the "hunter" persona allowed that character to seperate herself from her actions. One day she would probably want to retire and still be able to look in the mirror...not that that could help completly but part of being able to go back to your normal life after going so deep undercover for people is the justification that it wasn't really them but their persona that did those acts. Thus "hunter" was just a really detailed undercover persona.

Did anybody give the codex to Arden like I did? I didn't trust the Minister at all, I thought he would give it to the Sith if I brought it back to his ship. The jerk never even apologized for brainwashing me, all he told me was that if he didn't do it the Sith would have killed me.

I didn't join the SIS because as far as I know Keeper is still loyal to the empire, as well as most of my companions. I would have preferred to have more options regarding what I did with the codex, I felt like I was forced to make quick decisions.

Hunter being female was totally unnecessary but was not a huge issue. I was never comfortable with the Hunter character to be honest, she did some very evil things and then attempts to elicit sympathy at the end...did not make sense to me.

Awesome story though, can't wait to see more content for my agent.

Is anyone else at all concerned that Hunter isn't really dead?

Pretty much all of my foes seemed to kill themselves. (Am thinking that it may have something to do with my character, really. She kept trying to save them, but then they'd race off towards their deaths despite her begging them not to.) But Hunter's death, in particular, just felt so weak.

It felt like...

1. Hunter is somewhat injured, to where most foes can be spared.

2. We chat for a bit.

3. Hunter electrocutes herself.

4. Everyone totally ignores Hunter in mad rush to get the black codex.

I mean, seriously...Hunter is a master of disguise. What's putting up a few zig-zagging lights, then lying still until everyone goes away, and wandering off to cause more chaos?

I am totally paranoid that Hunter is going to reappear in the very near future. Then again, seeing as my character was pretty friendly with the Star Cabal, I can't say that I'd be totally disappointed by that outcome...

Neutralish: Imperial Intelligence goes on as normal, you stay on as Cipher Nine.

Basically in this ending, the Minister of Intelligence(aka Keeper during the Prologue-beginning of Chapter 2) uses the Black Codex you get at the end of the game to to blackmail the crap out of the Sith and let them keep Imperial Intelligence going as normal. To get this ending, you have to pretty much be neutral and give the Black Codex to the Minister of Intelligence at the end of the game. THE SITH WILL ASK YOU FOR IT FIRST, DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM. You can either lie or straight out say no. If you make too many LS choices, you will piss off the Sith to the point they pretty much don't allow Intelligence to continue as is.

In my opinion, if there would be a canon ending, this is probably it.

Is there any way to get this ending if...

Ardun Kothe is alive?

I refused to give him the Codex and went to talk to the Minister. My only options now seem to be two LS options that are just different dialog for going rogue, and a neutral option to say something like I'm going to work within the current system (presumably Sith Intelligence or military, since he told me Intelligence is not reforming). I would have thought having my character or the Minister having the Codex would be all that would be necessary to bribe the Sith into allowing Intelligence to reform.

If it is just a matter of LS/DS alignment, I'll go kick akk puppies until my alignment is neutral enough.

If I screwed up my story, I'm going to be really sad.

I just don't want to play a rogue agent, or a traitor, or join the military or "Sith Intelligence." I want to play the Imperial Agent I created. :(

My ending pretty much fit Roxina to a T.

She's Imperial because she was born in Imperial space. Everything she's done has been to protect the normal people in her home sectors from getting caught up in the machinations of religious zealots who think they're somehow better and more important than everyone else. Roxi's a sneak, and a manipulator, and let a LOT of people go because she thought she'd be able to get something out of them later. (Information from Watcher X, possible get out of jail free cards from various Jedi and Republic sympathizers...that kind of stuff.) She backed Vector's whole Kilik thing whole heartedly not just because she wanted to get in his pants, but because she thinks the Empire needs to make better use of its potential resources if it wants to keep its people safe.

Jadus was too much of a threat to be left free. I fully expect to find out he's slipped out of the Dark Council's protection thanks to Darth Malgus or something, and act 4 will have Roxi Batmanning her way across the galaxy hunting his minions again. Roxi had to kill a lot of people to save a lot more, and she's NOT going to be happy if she finds out the Sith let him slip. She hated being brainwormed by both Intelligence and the SIS. If they'd only asked her, she might have defected, but the brainwashing thing was several steps (more like a running leap) too far.

Anyway, for my particular character, the ending of act 3 was phenomenal. She gets to look after "her people" the way she sees best. I just hope that I get to keep playing her as a super ninja space Bond pew pew lazorz boss, like I have been.

Also, +1 for wondering why we never get to see our Voss spouses or that random guy on Balmorra (who I totally thought would end up my second companion) again. I've gone back to both Voss and Balmorra for booty calls and gotten nothing. :( Girl needs a little more than forearm-rubbing action now and again, know what I mean?

You get mail from your Voss spouse saying they they've run off to be an artist and join a commune (or something similar).

Destroy the *****, let ***** survive.

Become a ****** known by **** the **** and ********. **** your *****, tell ****** to keep it that way, *** *** with ****** and your **** to ** whatever the **** you want because **** the ****** and **** the ********.

You can use the ******** that you acquired by *** ******* **´**** and the fact that several Alderaanian ***** houses are ******** to ****** ****.

If all else fails you can always just join up with the ****** *******.

-edited by ******** ************

Edited by Dulark

Hunter being female was totally unnecessary but was not a huge issue. I was never comfortable with the Hunter character to be honest, she did some very evil things and then attempts to elicit sympathy at the end...did not make sense to me.

Awesome story though, can't wait to see more content for my agent.

I initially felt the same, then changed my mind. For one, social roles in TOR are very definitely NOT gender neutral. (If they were, Vette would not exist, and there would be many hunky, near naked men dancing in cantinas.) That Hunter chose a different gender roll for herself actually makes a certain amount of sense to me. Geeze, so she doesn't want to have to sleep with Master Tlan to advance her career? Go figure! I might go male too, considering how disgusted my f!agent seemed to be about what she had to do for her career, half the time...

(And, let's be honest, Hunter is always a fairly girly character. Her primary attempts at making you miserable are...what? Telling your friends your secrets? Spreading rumors about you? Screwing up the minds of your allies? I hate to say this, but being a girl who's lived through middle school...that's what a LOT of girls do. Not to say that men can't do the whole "let me mess with your mind" thing. But Hunter's tactics really are those that are more stereotypically associated with women than men. Pretty consistently, really. And her hatred of the Empire almost screams "destroy the patriarchy!")

Note that I didn't really feel all that sorry for her in the end, though. She's a really demented, twisted, sadistic monster. But...I think that the game deliberately wants you to compare her to Kaliyo (who is also a somewhat demented, twisted, sadistic monster) and sort of realize that there's a reason for either of them to be as twisted as they are. The Empire really does make it difficult for people who don't bow down, obey the rules, and do whatever the Sith demand. And the Sith are evil so...I can get wanting to defy them. It's a complicated plot. With complicated characters. That's what makes it so fascinating.

I never got the option to spare Kothe's life, I don't think? I played a 98% light side IA, but I recall at the end of the Kothe fight he tried to kill me one last time, I locked him in the room with those turrets, and then he died.

Anyway, I got the ending where Imperial Intelligence is still dissolved, I gave the Sith the fake Black Codex, the Minister asks me for the Codex, I say something along the lines of "An awfu lot of people seem to want this Codex", then he tells me I'm a free agent and to remove any mentions of my name from it.

Kind of disappointed that you never had a true culmination in your relationship with Watcher Two/Keeper, as I was romancing her through the entire story. You get the one night thing at the end of the first phase of the story, but it's pretty cold. By the end of the game, she seems to develop a lot more personality.

Was also a little disappointed that if you pick the story option that results in Darth Jadus getting away with his life, you never hear anything more about him. I also half-expected to have the story veer you in the direction of taking on the Dark Council, after the revelation that it was them that ordered you to be brainwashed or killed. Honestly, I thought that would be the entire final phase of the story - not going after Hunter and the "Star Cabal".

You also never get to find out who the Cabal had inside the Empire, that pulled the strings to get Imperial Intelligence dissolved.

At any rate, small quibbles aside, I loved the IA story. You're basically Commander Sheperd with a British accent.

I never got the option to spare Kothe's life, I don't think? I played a 98% light side IA, but I recall at the end of the Kothe fight he tried to kill me one last time, I locked him in the room with those turrets, and then he died.

Kind of disappointed that you never had a true culmination in your relationship with Watcher Two/Keeper, as I was romancing her through the entire story. You get the one night thing at the end of the first phase of the story, but it's pretty cold. By the end of the game, she seems to develop a lot more personality.

I didn't get a Darth Jaedus ending (despite convincing him to peacefully leave), Kothe suicided on me (for no explicable reason - I think it's a common bug, seeing as I tried to convince him to surrender/spared every last SIS character), and I'm disappointed to know that Watcher Two/Keeper goes no where romance wise (in my f!agent game, at the end, she explains how we're equals now. I'd sort of hoped that meant a resumption of romance for male agents). *sigh* The best I can figure is that my agent somehow convinces all her enemies to somehow commit suicide. Like, she can't quite get up the guts to kill them herself, so they just do her work for her...

It's pathetic, but I'm sort of going with "if you mess with my agent, you'll become so depressed that you'll just kill yourself" as that's the only thing that's really making sense about now. Well, that and that my agent has major problems. Oh well...

I didn't get a Darth Jaedus ending (despite convincing him to peacefully leave), Kothe suicided on me (for no explicable reason - I think it's a common bug, seeing as I tried to convince him to surrender/spared every last SIS character), and I'm disappointed to know that Watcher Two/Keeper goes no where romance wise (in my f!agent game, at the end, she explains how we're equals now. I'd sort of hoped that meant a resumption of romance for male agents). *sigh* The best I can figure is that my agent somehow convinces all her enemies to somehow commit suicide. Like, she can't quite get up the guts to kill them herself, so they just do her work for her...

It's pathetic, but I'm sort of going with "if you mess with my agent, you'll become so depressed that you'll just kill yourself" as that's the only thing that's really making sense about now. Well, that and that my agent has major problems. Oh well...

In regards to Kothe...

It's a matter of which specific conversation option you choose. If you ask him to surrender, he'll still fight you and wind up dying. But if you just let him go without asking for the surrender - no strings attached, just go - then he survives and you run into him a few more times. It's actually mentioned in his bio in the codex that he doesn't compromise, and that's where this tidbit of info comes into play. You can't negotiate with him by asking a surrender, you have to tell him to just leave. I think a lot of people are choosing the "surrender" option because that's what you do in so many other conversations up until that point, but here it actually won't work.

I sided with Jadus at the end of act 1 because I thought I would get power and stop being treated like a lackey by everyone. Instead I got screwed over by both the sith and imperial intelligence with the chip in my head. I ended up killing pretty much everyone, including the two sith who came for the codex. I then destroyed the codex, went back to the Minister and basically told him to go die. I ended up becoming a free agent, without making a single light side choice in the entire storyline.

In regards to Kothe...

It's a matter of which specific conversation option you choose. If you ask him to surrender, he'll still fight you and wind up dying. But if you just let him go without asking for the surrender - no strings attached, just go - then he survives and you run into him a few more times. It's actually mentioned in his bio in the codex that he doesn't compromise, and that's where this tidbit of info comes into play. You can't negotiate with him by asking a surrender, you have to tell him to just leave. I think a lot of people are choosing the "surrender" option because that's what you do in so many other conversations up until that point, but here it actually won't work.

Ah, that could be it. I probably went with whatever the lightside option was and he was like, "No! Never surrender!"

That said, I think that 2/3 final bosses have suicided on me. (And Jaedus has never come back, so he probably killed himself too.) I really am getting the feeling that my agent causes enemies to kill themselves. Oh well. I've decided to find it endearing rather than incredibly, freakishly creepy.

Does anyone have any concrete ideas on how you get the neutral imperial agent ending yet?

The one where

intelligence isn't destroyed?

I'm seriously pissed off with my ending selections. I put in a ticket but I doubt they'll do anything. :(

Edited by CanisAquilus

Does anyone have any concrete ideas on how you get the neutral imperial agent ending yet?

The one where

intelligence isn't destroyed?

I'm seriously pissed off with my ending selections. I put in a ticket but I doubt they'll do anything. :(

I love the endings provided, but I realise that is entirely subjective: your dissatisfaction is surely as valid as my satisfaction. :)

As to your question

it is my understanding that when swtor went live from beta, the 5 IA endings were reduced to 3. Which I think makes sense, as these 3 are already widely different. Future consolidating and convergence problems with 5 possible endings indeed would have been too much I think.

To my knowledge, the 3 endings we have now are:

1. free / rogue agent, perhaps the one which now has the most canon ending to it

2. Sith route

3. SIS route

I have no official source, but this is what I've come to understand from several sites.

Perhaps others with better or more inside knowledge can confirm or correct this. :)

Edited by Sheebah

(Not using spoiler tags, cause the thread title should be warning enough.)

it is my understanding that when swtor went live from beta, the 5 IA endings were reduced to 3. Which I think makes sense, as these 3 are already widely different. Future consolidating and convergence problems with 5 possible endings indeed would have been too much I think.

1. free / rogue agent, perhaps the one which now has the most canon ending to it

2. Sith route

3. SIS route

I have no official source, but this is what I've come to understand from several sites.

Thanks for this info. It seems likely, as I haven't heard of anyone actually getting the blackmail ending. I got the free agent one, but I would have really preferred the blackmail one.

However, when the Minister offers us to use the codex to disappear, and we say "Not interested", from what people have written here, it seems that we don't give the codex to anyone, thus essentially end up acting like the free agent but keeping our identity and staying within the new Sith Intelligence. I would consider this a separate ending.

My character is a stoical and calculating light side Chiss, being loyal to the Empire in order to protect my homeworld, but trying to make it a better place where possible. As such, I was at first disappointed at becoming a free agent, but then I figured, I never did like how most of the Sith act, and having my identity erased would allow me to make the Empire a better place without endangering my people by being disobedient to anyone.

There is a different problem though. Giving the codex to the Sith would make me more loyal, but I wanted the Minister to have it, for him to gain credit with the Council, and to hopefully re-establish Imperial Intelligence. The latter didn't happen of course... but does the Minister benefit from us giving him the codex at all? If it makes no difference with regards to his trial, it would have been better for me to give it to the Sith... Cause it's not like I knew there and then that I could end up using the codex myself to disappear.

Edited by Neulwen

2. Sith route

3. SIS route

#3 actually has 2 parts to it. Arden asks you to give him the codex, and if you do he then asks you if you want to become a double agent working for the SIS. I said no to becoming a double agent, and he did not seem surprised at my response. Later on, he sends you an email telling you how the Republic is about to start a major offensive and things are dangerous for imperial intelligence right now, and to keep a low profile. So I get the sense he has become an ally...which is about what I wanted anyway. Under this scenario you still become a free agent, but the fate of Keeper is uncertain and it's implied that the Sith are now hostile.

Edited by TheNegotiator

At the end of Act 3 I didn't know who to trust so I destroyed the codex, I probably would've given it to the minister but Ardun talked me out of it, but then he made me the offer to be a double agent for the SIS anyway and I accepted (if he'd made the offer 30 seconds earlier he might have gotten the codex but oh well).

But now my interlude describes me as a free agent "intervening wherever and whenever required" and the only letter I got was from from the minister about intelligence being dismantled. Both true, I suppose; and in agreeing to Ardun's proposal I've not actually done anything, but it still seems odd that not even the interlude makes mention of it.

I got to the end of the Imperial Agent questline last night and I am also curious about the first listed ending by the OP. The Minister was my favorite character and it sounded like the only one that doesn't leave him on trial. However, like it was stated before, turning down the option to erase your identity seems to imply that you are going back to work for the Sith and their new Intelligence and the information is never used. I've heard from several people that the blackmail ending really is gone, but I just wanted to double check and see if anyone has managed to get it since beta. Whether or not you immediately give him the information when he asks for it or question him instead produce slightly different dialog when you say that you want to remain loyal to the empire and not go rogue, but I escaped out of the dialog before it ended because I was not sure what I wanted to do yet.

For example, instead of my character saying, "Not good enough" when you turn down the rogue option my character said, "I have no interest in going dark"

Can anyone confirm if my only options are sith lacky in Sith Intelligence or Batman?

• 2 weeks later...
I actually wanted to make this thread after the NDA dropped, but then I decided I'd wait a bit, till sometime after launch. Well, being Christmas and all, this seems like a good time to post it.

Here's a list of the endings I've done and know of. Spoilers abound, don't click if you don't wanna know.

Neutralish: Imperial Intelligence goes on as normal, you stay on as Cipher Nine.

Basically in this ending, the Minister of Intelligence(aka Keeper during the Prologue-beginning of Chapter 2) uses the Black Codex you get at the end of the game to to blackmail the crap out of the Sith and let them keep Imperial Intelligence going as normal. To get this ending, you have to pretty much be neutral and give the Black Codex to the Minister of Intelligence at the end of the game. THE SITH WILL ASK YOU FOR IT FIRST, DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM. You can either lie or straight out say no. If you make too many LS choices, you will piss off the Sith to the point they pretty much don't allow Intelligence to continue as is.

In my opinion, if there would be a canon ending, this is probably it.

Light Side: Defect to the Republic and join the SIS

This ending is pretty much as it describes, you defect and join the SIS

To get this ending, you basically act really nice to Ardun Kothe and his team in Chapter 2. Save Chance's life, put up with the stuff they put you through, and don't snap at him when he uses his brainwashing stuff. At the end of chapter 2, you'll get the option to spare Ardun. Take it. Towards the end of chapter 3, you have to fake your death. Ardun shows up when you do this, again, be nice and explain to him what's going on with the Star Cabal, he'll help you by putting out the word that you're dead. At the end of chapter 3, he'll pop up and reason with you that the Black Codex in the hands of the Empire is a bad thing. If you give him the Black Codex, he'll offer you the option of truly defecting and joining the SIS.

Neutral- leaning Light Side: Imperial Intelligence dissolves, you essentially become a free/rogue agent.

In this ending, the Sith dissolve Intelligence and you use the Black Codex to wipe out all records of yourself and become a free agent to operate in the shadows with the help of the Minister of Intelligence and Keeper.Watcher 2. You basically become Batman of the Empire, free from sanctions, rules and Sith oversight to go around helping the Empire and eliminating threats as you see fit. It's not explicitly stated how you get the resources and free reign to do all this, but most likely the numerous galaxy-shaking secrets of the Black Codex, blackmail and the Minister of Intelligence's connections are involved.

Getting this ending basically involves leaning towards Light Side, not throwing in with Darth Jadus, not joining the SIS and giving the Black Codex to the Minister.

Dark Side- Throw in with Jadus and become his hand/personal assassin.

You become Jadus's right hand and help him reform/control the Empire. This is the ending I personally know the least about, but as far as I know you just have to throw in with him at the end of Chapter 1 and then do as he says.

Dark Side: Intelligence dissolves, you become a military lieutenant/become part of the new Sith intelligence.

I honestly know the least about this ending and have never done it, however as far as I know the gist of it is you become part of the new Sith-led intelligence, where they have complete and total control over what goes on. From what I've seen, getting this ending most likely involves playing nice/obeying orders of the Sith/Dark Council members over the course of the game and giving them the Black Codex at the end.

Anyway, as far as I know, those are all of the possible endings, at least the ones I have done and heard about it. Merry Xmas.

I think I got the last ending. I sided with Jadus etc. I think if you only chose dark each time you can you'll get the last ending.

If you check on youtube you can only see 1 ending, it a shame realy :(

personnaly i wanted the rebuil imp inteligence, i got no love for the batman nor the sith controled agency.

Me to. I chose to become "the hand of Jadus". So I think as a result IA got terminated. Now the Sith will make a Sith controlled intelligence agency and they hinted that I will be asked to lead it.

I got the Neutral-Leaning Light ending as you describe it, and personally feel it is more Light Side than the one you listed for Full Light Side.

Just because you can switch sides to the Republic, it doesn't make it more Light Side than staying on the Empire. I made every Light Side decision I possibly could, including the hidden ones, never taking a Dark Side choice at all. My loyalty to the Empire never waivers, even when they lose faith in my organization.

To me, betraying the Empire is more of a Dark Sider thing to do, giving up all the work your agency did and throwing it all away just because you were offered a chance to work for the SIS. Unwavering loyalty in doing what you know is right and continuing your patriotism despite your allegiances flaws is a sign of pride in everything you fight for.

Remember that both sides are not without fault, and while canonically, the Empire is portrayed as the bad guys and the Republic is portrayed as the good guys, it defeats the purpose of the alignment system if you hold that mentality to fact. Strictly from a morality standpoint, betrayal and treason should not be considered a Light Side decision.