Spoilers- IA story endings

Stncold

I thought I would reply and give an update now that the SOR expansion has been released.

Ok, so I chose the ending where you give Ardun Kothe the Black Codex and defect to the SIS. Throughout the past year or so, I was very disappointed that my choice to join the Republic was never mentioned by any NPC's. I was worried that Bioware completely forgot about that version of the ending. However, those fears were alleviated upon completing Shadow of Revan. For most of the quest, it was never mentioned or referenced; However, a short cut-scene at the very end made my year in terms of SWTOR. It was only two lines of a Holocall, but hearing my agent referred to as "Legate" by Ardun Kothe, and hearing my agent begin a report made me so incredibly happy.

Do you have any idea if that ending affects the romance with Theron? Because it would be awesome if you could mention something about it to him.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone give me a walk through on how to get the neutral ending including how to blackmail the sith with the codex? I can't find a video or anything to show how to get this ending

I really wish I could reroll my ending so I could get that one too... I always get the stupid 'free agent ending' and its just so damn unsatisfying...

Here's my question about the IA in SoR....

Why wouldn't Theron be somewhat aware of our defection? It has been a while since I have played through the story, (working on my third IA now, though) but I kind of got the impression the SIS, as a whole, knows about our defection. Are we simply assigned to Arden, and a very limited amount of people know?

I, too, was kind of hoping we could slip Theron a hint, or he would already know.

Although, based on the ending, and Theron's new job perhaps this is something he learns in the future?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to figure out which things I chose in the past? I'm on my second agent now, but I did the other one back at launch and just can't remember what I did.

I do recall this:

I fought Jadus the first time at the end of chapter 1

I feel like Watcher 2 became the person in charge of Intelligence, but I can't recall whether or not it was dissolved/new/same etc...

Not sure what happened to Keeper

Edited by Tropik

• 4 weeks later...

So to defect you have to

-help chance on taris? (check)

-Keep the team alive on quesh <ch 2 ending>? (check)

-Inform Ardun of what happened with the Star Cabal on Corellia? (check)

-And give him the Codex (Check)

he just walked off and said what a good man I am, D I have to be attuned to the light side too?

• 4 weeks later...
So to defect you have to

he just walked off and said what a good man I am, D I have to be attuned to the light side too?

I'm thinking so. I had the same problem, did all the things mentioned and still didn't get the option to defect. So I ran through it again, this time making no dark side choices from chapter 2 on, and maxed out my light side alignment. Got the option to defect this time. So it looks like being light aligned is at least part of the requirement.

question is it possible to know what your light side / darkside alignment is from choices you made before story ends? so i know if im neutral or ds/ls leaning, i see ppl talk about ls 5 or ds 4 or neutral. im ready to go to kill eagle..

also does talking down jadus affect your end story choices?

I like either ending 1 stay Imperial Intelligence goes on as normal blackmail sith or 5 Intelligence dissolves, you become a military lieutenant/become part of the new Sith intelligence.

reason im a imperial spy so as intelligence i also need to be realistic sith are the empires power base and as much as i dislike there petty BS there the ones who will always be in charge so if im going to affect any change i need to either have intelligence dept intact weather sith/imperial controlled but i still can work covert ops in secret from Sith and maintain some power as the head of sith Intel or Blackmail the sith to leave me to do my work for the good of the empire (but being mindful sith will try to get me eventually) either way having the full resources of the empire available plus many contacts just seems the more viable way to go.

also to siding with jadus seems stupid because he never really comes into any power and leaves you hanging on your own in the end having to deal with the consequences and whats left of the Sith power base them knowing you tried to over throw them w jadus.

for me the only logical conclusion is to side with sith become leader of Intel we all know intel does a lot of siths dirty work anyway and im still able to run some of my own covert missions for the empire because im in charge of Intel I still have access to all the empires resources

and you either work with sith or your against them and they allow you some form of power its not like we are going to get rid of the sith and reform the empire into a imperial power they are to strong.

So to defect you have to

I defected with my male Op.

I killed Chance on Taris, kept the team alive in Quesh, inforemd Ardun and gave him the Codex. I was also Light Side III (almost IV) at that point and was basically told I was "Legate, Covert SIS operative" (without the title, sadly).

You get an email from Ardun later on saying he's grateful you joined him but things are dicey on his side of town.

• 8 months later...

Did anyone else get this ending?

My IA saved Chance chance while undercover, killed the SIS operatives on Quesh and let Ardus go in Chapter 2. I figured that he thought he was doing it for the greater good, but knew that brainwashing the agent was unforgivable and owned up to it. Keeper on the other hand couldn't care less, so the hell with him. Plus, since I haven't read up on the IA story before playing it, I figured he'd probably show up and might be useful later on.

At the end, I did ask him to help with faking my IA's death, but didn't tell him about the Star Caboll. When he asked for the Black Codex I did end up giving it to him, since it wouldn't necessarily be going to the Republic, but the SIS. (And you know how the SIS likes to keep secrets even from the Republic.;)) He didn't offer to defect, but did say he wished there were more SIS agents like my IA.

Imperial Intelligence disbanded and my agent went rogue, giving a rather ambiguous line to Keeper about keeping an eye on things; no longer declaring loyalty to the Empire.

Edited by h_weber

• 2 months later...

mine was kind of the free agent but my character was called an outlaw because he destroyed the black codex since he was no longer loyal to the empire but he also hated sis because they did the same thing that the empire did. Basically my character hated being controlled and decided to do whatever he wanted to. And that was the exact way I wanted it to go. :p:p:p

Edited by ParagonZadda
spoilers

• 3 weeks later...
Did anyone else get this ending?

My IA saved Chance chance while undercover, killed the SIS operatives on Quesh and let Ardus go in Chapter 2. I figured that he thought he was doing it for the greater good, but knew that brainwashing the agent was unforgivable and owned up to it. Keeper on the other hand couldn't care less, so the hell with him. Plus, since I haven't read up on the IA story before playing it, I figured he'd probably show up and might be useful later on.

At the end, I did ask him to help with faking my IA's death, but didn't tell him about the Star Caboll. When he asked for the Black Codex I did end up giving it to him, since it wouldn't necessarily be going to the Republic, but the SIS. (And you know how the SIS likes to keep secrets even from the Republic.;)) He didn't offer to defect, but did say he wished there were more SIS agents like my IA.

Imperial Intelligence disbanded and my agent went rogue, giving a rather ambiguous line to Keeper about keeping an eye on things; no longer declaring loyalty to the Empire.

pretty much ye my sniper ended that way. Its because you took the defect to the republic paths but werent lightside 1 or more so don't get the option to actually defect. Sis is just kinda yeah thanks for this codex... backs away slowly...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys ,

Sorry for digging up , i wanted to ask you - as experienced colleagues ,

I want my both agents one operative to become ghost who work under minister of intelligence but used black codex to erase all info about me ,

and my sniper (i dont know maybe join sith intelligence ?) i would actually love to work under Lana Beniko :D:o

please help me and thank you for any help ! :)

Lucas