Well.... Time For a Short Break...

WorldSmasher

Time to go out the door, and get some beer. I'll be back to let you all know what I got.... In the meantime, post your favorite beer to drink while Pew Pewing or Force Choking....

(I got a bad feeling about this thread.... Will it still be here, when I get back?)

Beer run? Eh, at least it's not a butter run.

I like the Cerveza de los Muertos "Immortal Beloved" hefeweizen. It's got a smooth and creamy taste with nice aromatic notes, and the label art is full of calacas.

This thread should have staying power, forum mods are probably all in their stasis fields.

Edited by venomlash

It's still here! Well, I ended up going to a place called Guisado's, a really, really unique taco stand. They make the tortillas fresh, with each order, and they got at least 14 different tacos you could try. Damn, it's good eating there.

Then I went and got my beer. I got something called Hop-De-Ranged, by a brewery called Knee Deep Brewing Co. It's a Quad IPA with 13.1% ABV. Has a nice citricy, boozy flavor. I like it.

Beer run? Eh, at least it's not a butter run.

I like the Cerveza de los Muertos "Immortal Beloved" hefeweizen. It's got a smooth and creamy taste with nice aromatic notes, and the label art is full of calacas.

This thread should have staying power, forum mods are probably all in their stasis fields.

Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting.

Let's see how long it lasts....

Well, then... Back to playing.

Edited by WorldSmasher

I'm a Guinness girl. Actually, I like just about any dark beer and love trying new ones out when I can, but Guinness is the easiest to find.

That sounds very good!

Have you ever tried, a Russian Imperial Stout? *evil Sith laughter follows* Heh, heh, heh, heh...

Beer you say?

Hmm, how about a real one like

Pilsener Urquell?

Krusovice?

Cesky Budvar?

Staropramen?

Brand?

Hertog Jan?

Grolsch?

Texels?

Maisels Weisse?

Kulmbacher?

Old Speckled Hen?

Chimay?

Westmalle?

Duvel?

Grimbergen?

and few thousands other real beers ? :)

Beer you say?

Pilsener Urquell?

Krusovice?

Cesky Budvar?

Staropramen?

Brand?

Hertog Jan?

Grolsch?

Texels?

Maisels Weisse?

Kulmbacher?

Old Speckled Hen?

Chimay?

Westmalle?

Duvel?

Grimbergen?

Kulmbacher Reichelbräu FTW. Last time I had one the wall was still up.

Beer you say?

Pilsener Urquell?

Krusovice?

Cesky Budvar?

Staropramen?

Brand?

Hertog Jan?

Grolsch?

Texels?

Maisels Weisse?

Kulmbacher?

Old Speckled Hen?

Chimay?

Westmalle?

Duvel?

Grimbergen?

Pilsener Urquell is one of my favorites, personally. However, being surrounded by microbreweries which all make a handful of varieties of "real beer" is a treat!

Go Oregon!

Flying Dogs Raging 13itch is my go to.

Or any of Dogfish Head's IPAs. mmm....

This has got to be the closest thing to a force persuade IRL :D

*must buy beer*

edit: it censored the URL, and therefore broke the link LOLOL

DogFish Head is freakin' awesome. I usually go for the 90 minute IPA's when they become available in my area. I had the 120 minute IPA, once. It was incredible, but it's so rare.

Rochefort 10 - but it doesn't take many of those to put me in sleepy-time mode.

Uh, for actually staying awake and gaming I go for the session IPAs:

Day Time (Lagunitas)

All Day IPA (Founders)

Easy Jack (Firestone Walker)

Go To IPA (Stone)

If a session IPA won't do it, I'll try to go to the lighter side of sour like doing almost any Gose or Berliner Weisse.

The Kimmy, the Gink and the Gose (Anderson Valley)

Blood Orange Gose (Anderson Valley)

Dissention (Desthil)

Counterclockwise (Desthil)

Solstice d’Été aux Framboises (Dieu du Ciel)

But really, Rochefort 10. Nothing says good beer to me more than a big, amazing, complex Trappist quad.

Have you ever tried, a Russian Imperial Stout? *evil Sith laughter follows* Heh, heh, heh, heh...

Ooohhh, RIS....you are one of my favorite styles. Mmm might have to crack open a bottle of Parabola or maybe Vietnamese Coffee Speedway Stout.

I swiftly say "yes" when it comes to Duchesse!

A hearty "wie gehts" for a proper Weisse-bier - I like to keep cold Erdinger, Hopf or Hofbrau near. Of course Spaten or Franziskaner would work for you, if a Weihenstephaner simply won't do.

A Dogfish Head "Theobroma" for a chili beer coma! (Or a nice "Spiced Unicorn Milk" if you're one of my ilk!)

Doctors, lawyers and welders enjoy a cold "Pliny the Elder"

I lick my chops for a Ninkasi "Tricerahops"!

I like a 'Speckled Hen" every now and again when I'm not drinking a crisp hard cider, but if I want that British taste, Samuel Smith's can't be replaced, and it makes me open my mouth that much wider.

When I'm out and eating curry, I'm always in a hurry to ingest a Taj Mahal or a Kingfisher Ale. But if my tastes stray further East, and I crave a Japanese feast, then Asahi or Sapporo will never fail.

And even then from time to time, one must ingest a "less than fine" can or bottle of domestic swill. Budweiser, Pabst or Miller (just so long as they've been through the chiller) will wet your whistle right as rain if nothing else will.

Edited by Bachannal

I swiftly say "yes" when it comes to Duchesse!

A hearty "wie gehts" for a proper Weisse-bier - I like to keep cold Erdinger, Hopf or Hofbrau near. Of course Spaten or Franziskaner would work for you, if a Weihenstephaner simply won't do.

A Dogfish Head "Theobroma" for a chili beer coma! (Or a nice "Spiced Unicorn Milk" if you're one of my ilk!)

Doctors, lawyers and welders enjoy a cold "Pliny the Elder"

I lick my chops for a Ninkasi "Tricerahops"!

I like a 'Speckled Hen" every now and again when I'm not drinking a crisp hard cider, but if I want that British taste, Samuel Smith's can't be replaced, and it makes me open my mouth that much wider.

When I'm out and eating curry, I'm always in a hurry to ingest a Taj Mahal or a Kingfisher Ale. But if my tastes stray further East, and I crave a Japanese feast, then Asahi or Sapporo will never fail.

And even then from time to time, one must ingest a "less than fine" can or bottle of domestic swill. Budweiser, Pabst or Miller (just so long as they've been through the chiller) will wet your whistle right as rain if nothing else will.

Where's the 'Like' button? Although I do think both Pliny and Heady are overrated due to scarcity outside of their respective immediate areas.

Where's the 'Like' button? Although I do think both Pliny and Heady are overrated due to scarcity outside of their respective immediate areas.

I actually like Pliny the Younger better...and it has to be iced cold, but...it didn't rhyme as well, lol

For IPA though..."Nelson" by Alpine Brewing is amaze-****.

I actually like Pliny the Younger better...and it has to be iced cold, but...it didn't rhyme as well, lol

For IPA though..."Nelson" by Alpine Brewing is amaze-****.

Oooh, Nelson. I just went through 2 kegs of that in my home bar and have had to settle for Fresh Squeezed as the replacement in my tap rotation since I can't find another keg of Nelson in the state.

Oooh, Nelson. I just went through 2 kegs of that in my home bar and have had to settle for Fresh Squeezed as the replacement in my tap rotation since I can't find another keg of Nelson in the state.

Invite me over next time you get it...sheesh!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.