10 meter Death Field, 30 meter Low Slash

BlissDivine

I'm hating the new 10 meter Death Field. I did play some Deception but it doesn't pump out the damage like Hatred does.

Guess I'll level up my PT, they are still allowed to have some range attacks.

If by some you mean Mortar Volley, Explosive Round and Hammer Shot, then sure!@

No more Unload/Full auto though, and Shoulder Cannon has 1.5 sec cd.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with the change. Deception needed a 30m ability and an anti-kiting ability. This does the trick. It's not like deception will become OP just because of this.

It still has underwhelming burst and depends on RNG.

My theory is that people are so salty towards hatred/serenity that anything to do with sin's is just looked at with disdain. Y'all are some toxic SOBs.

I'm hating the new 10 meter Death Field. I did play some Deception but it doesn't pump out the damage like Hatred does.

Guess I'll level up my PT, they are still allowed to have some range attacks.

Lol, I actually love the Death Field change. The cleave range on it is still huge; you just have to be a lot smarter with your placement than just simply double tapping the ability activation on a target Force sprinting into a group of people. Makes the spec harder to play.

Honestly, the changes are fine for PvP (wish they would have given us the 15% Death Mark buff to boost our pressure DPS in the loss of LS). I'm feeling the Demolish range decrease more than anything, as I have spoiled myself when they increased the range for 3.0.

But the good thing is that the spec is still its own unique pressure damage and is now a little bit too hard for the easy mode opfotmers to run.

THIS! for god sake this. The other side to that though is that the frustration works in both directions. Most ranged classes must kite to survive, if we dont you win 90% of the time. you get frustrated when you get kited, i get frustrated when i cant kite.

If melee dps expects time on target to be 100%, then you need to get nerfed into the freaking stone age.

Any logic tells us that for melee dps to be competitive they hit harder when on target to account for the fact that they are not always on target. if you are able to crazy glue yourselves to the target without being kited or otherwise losing GCDs then you should be nerfed.

Flame away if you wish but that is the given reality of melee versus ranged, or dot specs versus direct damage specs... dots specs cant have the burst a damage spec has and sustained dots. You cant have it all people.. there has to be a break even point to make all the specs viable.

Ranged already hit as hard or harder than any melee..

If you do not want melee to have high uptime, they should hit you much harder than you can hit them when they do reach you. Their TTK should be far lower than your TTK.

If you do not want melee to have high uptime, they should hit you much harder than you can hit them when they do reach you. Their TTK should be far lower than your TTK.

Absolutely this. There's no disadvantage to playing ranged in this game.

I posted this in another thread already and I'm reposting it here as it's on topic and cuz attention-whore

People need to do their research and know what they're looking at. Last night I was accused four or five times of using the low slash bug, when I hadn't taken the martial prowess utility needed to make the bug happen. Really that utility is useless compared to other utilities in the heroic tier, unless you are trying to exploit the bug.

I also found that for the most part I'm still using low slash at 4 meters as part of my shutdown melee rotation, and only go outside of 4 meters with it situationally. its not like shadows and assassins can benefit from just spamming low slash at 30 meters. You still have to get up close and personal to get your damage out. And outside of burst windows that damage is pretty meh.

That is all.

i dont think this is true at all.. if it were melee would never win a fight against a range. i routinely see melee classes hit me harder than my highest hit so... observation suggest this is not the case.

Absolutely this. There's no disadvantage to playing ranged in this game.

im sorry should their be? i said in my posts there needs to be a balance in this.. not a penalty. i shouldn't be penalized for range anymore than you should for being melee. There needs to be a happy medium

Yes? You have the luxury of doing all of your dps from 30 meters away.

except that i dont... unless you are lazy enough to let me. i know a great many maras and juggs that dont have a ton of trouble staying on target.

im not even including Ops and Sins in this as you have the greatest equalizer of all.. stealth, as your gap closer.

If you are getting stuck at 30M and cant get on a Merc with all cooldowns and skill available to you , its a you problem... if you get caught out of stealth or i pull you out then you should die... you cant have stealth and the ability to stick on target endlessly... there has to be a balance.

except that i dont... unless you are lazy enough to let me. i know a great many maras and juggs that dont have a ton of trouble staying on target.

im not even including Ops and Sins in this as you have the greatest equalizer of all.. stealth, as your gap closer.

If you are getting stuck at 30M and cant get on a Merc with all cooldowns and skill available to you , its a you problem... if you get caught out of stealth or i pull you out then you should die... you cant have stealth and the ability to stick on target endlessly... there has to be a balance.

None of that addresses the fact that you can do your damage from 30m while ranged have to do theirs from 4m. The whole point is that ranged dont' have to struggle to get into attack range, its handed to them on a silver platter, yet they hit just as hard and often harder than any melee. This is a discrepancy. While the melee is getting into range, you're still hitting him. When he gets into range and starts hitting you, you're still hitting him. When you knock him back, root him, slow him, you're still able to do damage to him, only he can't touch you. And all along, your'e hitting just as hard as he hits you....and sometimes harder. Poor Annihilation Marauders.

So stop crying.

Edited by Vember

None of that addresses the fact that you can do your damage from 30m while ranged have to do theirs from 4m. The whole point is that ranged dont' have to struggle to get into attack range, its handed to them on a silver platter, yet they hit just as hard and often harder than any melee. This is a discrepancy. While the melee is getting into range, you're still hitting him. When he gets into range and starts hitting you, you're still hitting him. When you knock him back, root him, slow him, you're still able to do damage to him, only he can't touch you. And all along, your'e hitting just as hard as he hits you....and sometimes harder. Poor Annihilation Marauders.

So stop crying.

yeah.. youre a melee class, what do you want a 30M lightsaber?

... and again you insist that i hit as hard from range as you do up close.. this is simply not true.

Also still completely ignoring the fact that you have stealth... which means you dont struggle to get close... ever, unless you are just daft. Juggs/Maras have leaps, some clases have pulls, rolls, there is so much gap closers in this gap its barely existing at all.

Again if you get caught out of stealth for some reason... yes, you are at a disadvatage. you should be, cause if i dont catch you then im half dead before you are even visible. even if i do you can always vanish and close unless you just killed 2 other people and its all on cooldown at which point you are supposed to die

the irony telling me to stop crying when thats precisely what hes doing though is lol worthy... Cant have it both ways chief... life dont work that way.

Edited by Floplag

None of that addresses the fact that you can do your damage from 30m while ranged have to do theirs from 4m. The whole point is that ranged dont' have to struggle to get into attack range.

stopped reading. really . I don't even know what you two are arguing about, but ranged have to cast most of their stuff. melee have to cast nothing and have minimal channels. that's the equalizer. you cannot maintain range while hard casting. (there are a lot of perks on both sides that allow ranged to use instants and melee to break roots that neither really should have native to their roles). but I chimed-in to point out that instant vs. cast is supposed to be the equalizer there.

Who was complaining about the 30 meter Death Field? Are they just trying to destroy the ability to kite in that spec?

30 meter Low Slash is gonna be super annoying. Just what everybody needs, a 30m stun every 15 seconds.

Wish all my melee classes had a 30 meter stun... Freakin' really, like how does that even work? Does the Shadow/Assassin throw his saber at your ankles or what?

Until something is done about all these roots and slows in game not affecting resolve in anyway or having a separate resolve type mechanic for them then this is needed for deception. I play both so i know how easy it is to kite especially how mobile they have made most ranged dps. That being said a longer CD should be implemented on low slash to prevent constant use of it. Hatred is still the stronger spec.

i dont think this is true at all.. if it were melee would never win a fight against a range. i routinely see melee classes hit me harder than my highest hit so... observation suggest this is not the case.

I am sorry to say that if melee is hitting you harder than you can hit them, you either do not know how to optimize your damage or you have very poor gear.

Seems to be exactly what your'e after. All you do is cry about melee being able to hit you.

I never said that at all... what i said was that it needs balance... at least 3 times now, this is not balanced. Please stop projecting your own failures onto others as it doesn't make them true.

I never said that at all... what i said was that it needs balance... at least 3 times now, this is not balanced. Please stop projecting your own failures onto others as it doesn't make them true.

This entire thread is a whinefest about Deception Sins (melee) getting a 30m mez, and you have been a major contributor to said whinefest.