The Jedi Knight, and Sith Warrior classes need a huge buff.

brandonspikes

This class is unbelievably bad. PvP, PvE, appearance, everything.

In PvP we have no intercept, no enrage, a 6 second 50% slow snare (LOL), do the same damage as ranged classes, no execute, etc etc. When I PvP I look to target the imperial juggernauts/mauraders since they're ironically the easiest to kill.

In PvE we do great on non elite mobs, but every single pull / quest has multiple strong or elite mobs where our abilities are useless. Why was it necessary to remove the stuns from our moves for these enemies? It's like against anything but a common trash mob Jedi are these weak pansies who have to cycle both offensive and defensive cooldowns to even stand a chance.

What were they doing in beta to have the game have so many glaring flaws.

Pretty much this. When saber ward and invincible are on cooldown we have nearly the same defenses as say a Mercenary, only without all the heals.

Both of these posts are exactly right. In PvP, not only do our abilities to slow or incapacitate another player not work at all (except force stasis, and then for a max of 3 seconds, which with the script kiddies are getting turned off as soon as I cast the dang thing -- also this means our powers like hilt strike don't even work in pvp, since we can never achieve the required condition) 95% of our offensive abilities either require us to be standing still AND facing the enemy directly on (which means we can't hit a damn thing since everyone else can run circles around us casting/using ranged powers and if we start moving, we interrupt our ability and start it on a cd) or worse, requires a minimum distance, and both force leap and saber throw have massive cooldowns (for pvp - 30 seconds is forever). We have no self-healing without a companion, so Call on the Force can neither heal us nor allow us to remove the cd on saber ward (while lightning throwers can shield/bubble 2 or 3 times in the same amount of time -- which is total damage mitigation, not partial).

In PvE, we have to do the same things for anything above trash mobs. Strongs and above, better use Sunder as soon as you can and as often as you can... and even then, the fight takes FOREVER. I saw a Smuggler 2 levels below me melt an elite who was a level below me pretty easily, while taking little damage himself; so I foolishly thought this was going to be a nice fight.... boy was I wrong.... first time, I died because my cd's were all shot... so then I wait the time for all of them to finish, and reengage and BARELY survive it - my companion did not because I had to send her in first (what I didn't do the 1st time).

Also, anyone think the lightning abilities are OP? Once you get hit, you're pretty much done... cause even if you have your ability to get out of the sap, the damage continues, and then they can just do it again in what seems like 10 seconds later and you're stuck on a cd and can't get out... if there are 2 or more, well, just don't even think about going there.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tried anything with Juggernauts, but I've definitely noticed the same thing with my level 20 Marauder. It's not as drastic as is being posted here, but it's likely that she will just become weaker with level. My friend rolled a sorc, and at level 13, almost was able to beat me (level 18 or 19 at the time) in a duel with his self heals, cc's, and higher damage in general. My gear overall was better than his in every slot, and we tested on strong mobs how fast we were able to take them out... His was a bit faster than mine, with his hardest hitting ability demolishing my hardest hitter... It was just depressing to see how weak my class was compared to his. And don't get me started on Warzones...

I recently rerolled a PT (level 16 atm), and have noticed such a HUGE increase in power and viability with this class. I'm having so much more fun with the PT's burst, aoe, and yelling "trololololol" as I run around with a huttball and taking 2-3 people out as they chase futilely chase me.

Level 39 tank spec'd Guardian here, and I wanna agree that something just doesn't feel right with this class. I am ONLY speaking about PvE as I have not done any PvP as of yet. It almost feels like the JK/SW classes were the first they created and they never got back around to stream lining them due to time constraints or what not.

Only first hand experience I have on another character is my 27 Commando but up to that level on both characters, the commando was much easier/more enjoyable to level. It's not that you can't do the quests as a guardian, but as tank spec I don't feel like the trade off of doing lower damage is rewarded by higher toughness. As was mentioned above if you are not using either your defensive or stun CDs you will take a ton of damage. It's like there is no feeling that your character is getting strong as you level, almost the opposite or at best staying stagnant.

Now maybe it's on purpose but the idea of having to constantly use 1 min CD abilities just while clearing out basic trash mobs for quests seems wrong. This is on top of the fact that I feel that there is ability bloat, not so much that I mind having more options but so many of them have restrictions which make them almost useless. Such as both of our force abilities, push and grip, they don't work against some champion mobs, why??

Anyways, if I had to bet I'd say there is a good chance JK/SW will be up for some type of revamp once BW gets most of the major bugs taken care of, but just too bad it wasn't done earlier in beta.

*snip*My friend rolled a sorc, and at level 13, almost was able to beat me (level 18 or 19 at the time) in a duel with his self heals, cc's, and higher damage in general. My gear overall was better than his in every slot, and we tested on strong mobs how fast we were able to take them out... His was a bit faster than mine, with his hardest hitting ability demolishing my hardest hitter... It was just depressing to see how weak my class was compared to his. And don't get me started on Warzones...

I recently rerolled a PT (level 16 atm), and have noticed such a HUGE increase in power and viability with this class. I'm having so much more fun with the PT's burst, aoe, and yelling "trololololol" as I run around with a huttball and taking 2-3 people out as they chase futilely chase me.

Yep, that is an issue with the class. Between self-heals and stuns, we are out-classed by every other class out there. Our heavy armor doesn't really come into play (especially since a same-level Sentinel's gear generally has more endurance than ours does - unless you have a good friend who made you decent orange armor (or did it yourself), or have spent money to get it int he market).

In any 1v1 match of same level classes, it should be a 50/50 chance to win for either one. Right now, it's more like a 10/90 chance for the Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior because our CCs and Stuns don't work on anything but weak and regular npc's (think again about players). Our 1 skill that does stun someone only lasts for 3 seconds (Force Stasis), is channeled (which means no attacks during), and has a massive cooldown (1m, reducible to like 50 secs with talents). Some of our higher damage skills never proc because we can't apply the condition to the player (incapacitated). If we start moving 95% of the other skills don't work (auto attack and blade storm are the only ones you can use while moving - and even then, blade storm's stun and fire proc don't work on players). Our defense bonus doesn't come into play unless we're in Soresu form, which then severely limits our damage abilities to the point where the other class will just self-heal away any damage we do, while our health dwindles under the dps of the other classes, with a lot of the damage being unmitigated -- our armor is best against melee attacks, not ranged, which is what everyone else uses. With no companion, we can't self-heal (except medpacks) and can't recharge our Saber Ward (our only defense boosting skill) which has an insane cooldown (the skill to recharge saber ward/self-HoT also has a 20m cooldown). If we get stunned or otherwise CC'ed, we have 1 skill that lets us break it, but it also has an insane cooldown (which doesn't reset after death) - the cooldown on our skill to break cc is longer than the cooldown on the skill that caused the cc.

Yep, that is an issue with the class. Between self-heals and stuns, we are out-classed by every other class out there. Our heavy armor doesn't really come into play (especially since a same-level Sentinel's gear generally has more endurance than ours does - unless you have a good friend who made you decent orange armor (or did it yourself), or have spent money to get it int he market).

In any 1v1 match of same level classes, it should be a 50/50 chance to win for either one. Right now, it's more like a 10/90 chance for the Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior because our CCs and Stuns don't work on anything but weak and regular npc's (think again about players). Our 1 skill that does stun someone only lasts for 3 seconds (Force Stasis), is channeled (which means no attacks during), and has a massive cooldown (1m, reducible to like 50 secs with talents). Some of our higher damage skills never proc because we can't apply the condition to the player (incapacitated). If we start moving 95% of the other skills don't work (auto attack and blade storm are the only ones you can use while moving - and even then, blade storm's stun and fire proc don't work on players). Our defense bonus doesn't come into play unless we're in Soresu form, which then severely limits our damage abilities to the point where the other class will just self-heal away any damage we do, while our health dwindles under the dps of the other classes, with a lot of the damage being unmitigated -- our armor is best against melee attacks, not ranged, which is what everyone else uses. With no companion, we can't self-heal (except medpacks) and can't recharge our Saber Ward (our only defense boosting skill) which has an insane cooldown (the skill to recharge saber ward/self-HoT also has a 20m cooldown). If we get stunned or otherwise CC'ed, we have 1 skill that lets us break it, but it also has an insane cooldown (which doesn't reset after death) - the cooldown on our skill to break cc is longer than the cooldown on the skill that caused the cc.

The bolded is absolutely wrong. All our skills but ravage/master strike and choke work while moving.. Can't comment on anything else because, the bolded was so wrong I saw no point to continue reading.

This talk about killing elites is silly. Of course you'll have to use cooldowns.

If you didn't have to use them for elites, what would they be for?

And there are never 2 strong mobs in one pack, so it's not balanced to be able to.

But I agree that other classes seem to have a much easier time.

This talk about killing elites is silly. Of course you'll have to use cooldowns.

And there are never 2 strong mobs in one pack, so it's not balanced to be able to.

I've ran into many of these two string mob packs in the middle of questing areas.

OP wants to be a warrior but he also wants to tank. In SWTOR, the warrior class is not an off-tank. Please make up your mind.

As a lvl 50 Watchman I have no problem questing in Ilum at all.

The point isn't if you have trouble. The point is, every other class has a way easier time. There is no reward for playing the SW/JK class while the others there is.

Don't waste your time replying to the ones who claim they "love being challenged" or "steamroll everything and never have to rest but maybe once every 5-6 packs." Their only goal is to get some weird sense of superiority by boasting how great they are. The devs could accidently nerf some class by 50 percent, and when people complained bet good money you'd have same type folks jumping in about how they have no problem at all, every must just suck.

I don't think anyone that is halfway decent at MMOs will state that they can't level just fine with a JK, I never really die on my guardian, but that doesn't mean the class cannot be improved. I'm not saying it needs to be godlike or any such thing, which I'm sure some smart guy will say is what everyone who isn't happy wants. Speaking for tank guardian I don't mind having lower damage, just make up for it with being tougher, at least so far as PvE goes.

The point isn't if you have trouble. The point is, every other class has a way easier time. There is no reward for playing the SW/JK class while the others there is.

Why do you care so much about how others experience the game? Meaning people you don't even know? If that's so important to you, why don't you reroll? Personally I enjoy the class at it is. I don't WANT nor CARE for a boring 1-button OMGTFO class.

SWTOR IS PLENTY NOOBFRIENDLY as it is as it took ONE WEEK to make it to level 50 ffs. That's ONE WEEK to cap, ONE WEEK to max out all crew skills, ONE WEEK already working on endgame gear. Did I say ONE WEEK?

Seriously, if you think the game itself or any class is too difficult to master - or the leveling too tough, even as Sentinel - then I recommend you go play some korean MMO were you have to play 24/7 for two years straight through 180 levels of pure pain only earning 0.01 exp per mob just to make things even. Now, that's tough!

If SWTOR was any easier you wouldn't have to play at all. That's my opinion.

Baddies will be baddies.

I've main tanked in a top 20 US WoW Guild

I've topped leader-board rankings in just about every single video game I played hardcore into

I've played in many gaming tournaments, and ranked highly in them.

And apparently I'm bad at Swtor, one of the easiest to understand MMO's ever made.

Clearly.

My class is underpowerd, I now have full epic tanking gear, with a 136 Lightsaber.

MY AOE damage is pathetic, my single target damage is Okay.

Having to chase down single target mobs spread out in an area with two taunts, while I get tossed around like a ragdoll is balanced, amirite?

Lastly, My level 20 BH does more AOE damage than my warrior with one button.

I have a level 30 jugg, 20 mercenary and 20 assassin and I honestly don't notice a difference in strength.

If you cant tell the difference between a level 30 jugg and a level 20 merc or assassin, that's the problem. Your level 30 jugg is 10 levels higher than the other classes and feels like it's 10 levels lower...

Did you mean you have a level 20 jugg?

...you have to understand that this class is meant more of a strategic play, then button smash.

Says who? Ive seen videos where the devs said that Sith Juggernauts are supposed to be like Darth Vader where you just walk up to stuff and smash the crap out of it. Where was it ever said that Juggernauts are meant to be complicated?

Not that I have a problem with strategic play, but that's nothing like what the devs said about this class

On a personal note, I have felt pretty squishy at times, as well as underpowered. I have almost all of my points the melee DPS tree, so I understand why I might be a bit squishy, but I shouldn't be having to rely on Vette for the majority of my DPS. I force leap and smash a group of enemies, and before I can do anyhting else, Vette has nearly or completely downed the target that I force leaped to. Now that's great for playing, but that makes me feel like my companion is stronger than I am... Which is not cool...

I just have to +1 to all about weakness JK and ST. After 30 lvl one yellow elite mob before you get healer companion is a nightmare especially on class story quest. You need to use ALL abilities to kill one elite mob while you droid tanking mob. JK/ST need buffs. In this game where a lot of CC - melee class must dangerous for rdps as they reached this rdps after all cc. Also commando must equip medium armor becoz they are not tanks and smuggler/IA must equip light armor as they rogue kind classes and must be dangerous (as they are atm) and weak in armor but I know this is off topic but...

Level 35 jugg. Always been immortal spec. I havent had any issues doing quest so far. I use dps companion.

I am cybertech so i always have purple armor mods and i dont take much damage. Recent aoe abilites and the aoe taunt have made my grouping experiences much more enjoyable as well.

I dont think juggz need a buff. I do think they need to get some of their skills earlier. Tanking prior to kevek 32ish is a nightmare.

Having tried JK I can honestly say it's the weakest class I have ever had the displeasure of playing in all my life. If you want to argue they're "not bad", fine. They aren't bad. Just every other class in the history of gaming does everything better.

And for people saying that the two classes are just harder to play and require more skill....isn't that a problem? They require great experience and know how to play but even at that level aren't any better than the other classes. If you design a class that needs great skill to play, they are usually better than the other classes in exchange. The SW/JK aren't better than the other classes in any way yet require great skill just to be mediocre.

The game gets worst at post 40, you are forced to use a healing companion.

i dare to object, you simply have weak gear.

i can do gold star bosses on my own, with dps pet or healer pet, it matters not, could do so since 3rd companion which is pretty much early ingame.

since lvl 41 i can do heroic 2+ solo

As you get higher in level you run into more and more areas where strong and elite enemies in packs are common.

In one of my class quests I faced an encounter with two strong enemies, two normal enemies, and three weak enemies. I can tell by the way this encounter went down that I was expected to CC the strong enemy that was standing on its own (nearly 20 yards away from the pack), kill the weak and normal enemies first, and then take the strong enemies down.

Of course, I am playing a Consular -- a class that has CC, powerful defenses, and great AoE regardless of advanced class or spec choices. I can't even imagine how a Knight or Warrior would handle such a pull.

Now first off, I would like to say that I've been playing MMO's since I was 12, I'm now 20, and I've been raiding in top tier guilds over different Mmo's, I've always been considered, and consider myself a "Skilled" gamer. I currently am a GM of a soon to be, top raiding guild.

I want to play a Warrior, not a piece of tissue paper.

TL;DR, HERP DERP

Not sure if anyone else saw that....but ive gotta say these Q_Q posts are getting better each hour. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: