The Jedi Knight, and Sith Warrior classes need a huge buff.

brandonspikes

Now first off, I would like to say that I've been playing MMO's since I was 12, I'm now 20, and I've been raiding in top tier guilds over different Mmo's, I've always been considered, and consider myself a "Skilled" gamer. I currently am a GM of a soon to be, top raiding guild.

So I play A Sith Warrior Juggernaut, I recently got to level 50 a few days ago, And as I leveled up to my final level, I thought to myself how much fun I was going to have..And then I tried to quest on Ilum.. Big Mistake.

While leveling up I never had a problem with my class, most packs with elites and Strong mobs I rotated in my CD's as was fine, after some healing I would go to the next pack and burn them down quickly.... Then as I approached the level 40's I realized I couldn't use Vette anymore.. Okay, so I switched to my healer companion and leveled to about 48, then I was magically able to use Vette again because I wasn't getting slaughtered...

Anyways, I level up to 50, finish up my planet, and I take the time to sink everything I just did in. First things first, I re-specced to immortal(tank), upgraded my mods and companions gear, work up professions, and started heading to Ilum.

I started doing the Ilum Main story quest line, and I noticed something... I'm getting slaughtered against normal mobs, Obliterated against by strong mobs, and humiliated by elites.

Alright, so I was thinking, maybe i'm approaching this "monsters" incorrectly, maybe I need to change up my rotation, So I try again, Focusing on what moves chain together.. interrupting correctly... and still nothing.. I died to a pack that had two strong mobs, even after letting my companion take the heat for a few.

So I thought that maybe it was because of my spec, I re-specced back to vengeance, and behold... the same exact thing, I get decimated.. After that, I started getting really annoyed, so I logged off for the night, and decided in the morning I would re spec Rage and try again.

Alright, so I try again, with a new revised rotation that would work with the rage build... and ..... nothing, I got killed just as fast as before, however it was slightly easier to kill what I could. but still nothing.

I asked my friend, an officer in my guild to come over and watch me as I tried to kill normal pack, he laughed over Mumble about how fast I was getting destroyed.

Two bubbles and 3 lightning attacks later, he killed everything in the area.. It left me dumbfounded, how other classes are able to easliy take out packs of normal and strong mobs with ease @ 50, and use 1/4th of the buttons.

Now I know people are going to tell me that MMO's aren't balanced , and that some classes are better than others, but, BUT, this has been an issue from Beta, and I don't see my class being buffed without any attention to Bioware.

Also, This is making me NOT want to play this game, I wanted to tank, I wanted to enjoy myself, but struggling to play my class because of its limitations is just stupid.

And I'm not re rolling two weeks into an MMO, I put over 5 in game days into this game since Its been out.

And No, I don't click, http://i.imgur.com/MJN8h.jpg

SOME Things the Warrior/Knight class could use.

- Crowd Control

- Some Sort of in-combat healing, maybe dump rage to heal, or lower our damage to heal, Just something.

- More offensive burst

- Higher overall Damage

- Extra passive Endurance / Armor

I want to play a Warrior, not a piece of tissue paper.

TL;DR, HERP DERP

You need to post your spec and gear when making these types of comments. If you're a hybrid spec then you probably are going to have trouble.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not crying for Juggs to be uber buffed. Just enough so I don't need to wait on CDs so I can kill the gold mobs one after another in my CLASS quests.

Side/area quests I don't care so much about. But having to over level content magically to progress with the game seems completely silly to me.

I'll surely be cap by the time they fix it. I suppose on the bright side, I could be one of the best players on my server due to this insane under-tuning.

LMAO, I couldnt agree more.

It is so pathetic that we have to wait for all our CD's to take out elite mobs a level or two higher.

I dont understand why SW/JK do not have a CC like every other class. It makes us un-wanted in PvE content.

The least BioWare could do is make our smash ability stun more than puny mobs.

What can we do? Reroll a caster class and enjoy being OP :]

1 - Juggs are a melee class... meaning the mobs DPS starts at the same time ours does. We also don't have a big wind-up attack like the Sorc's Lightning or Merc's AoE.

2 - Melee w/out heals HAS ALWAYS needed a healer to be extremely buff. That hasn't changed. I've played with Quinn and I play as Marauder. I'm level 45 and have no problems soloing content. I almost always use Jaesa though as it's more fun to use her as a companion.

3 - I don't see why everyone is complaining. I feel our DPS is fine and I can always handle myself in a WZ unless the other team is so strong that they just roll us. If it's evenly matched or close to it then guess who's in the top 2 DPS on our team?... That's right... me. A melee DPS.

I think too many people are complaining. I remember playing as a Warrior in Vanilla WoW and having to drink between pulls. Or not being able to kill those Fire Elementals over in Arathi while working on my class quest... then watching a mage 3 shot them with fireballs and not even taking damage.

It really isn't that bad... if it's even bad at all...

I don't know if people are just oblivious or stupid. This thread isn't about leveling or pvp, it's about endgame pve. Why are 90% of responses saying it's fine around lvl 35?

Based on the OP's suggestions many solutions are PvP oriented. Maybe you should read first before criticizing others?

Also, people that are comparing a Knight to a Trooper, really? That is the nature of melee classes you will never be able to solo as easily as a Trooper. If you think you can, you need to find a different, non-melee class.

"Huge buff" is laughable. The biggest mistake WoW started making is catering to bad players.

Edited by Bollah

Based on the OP's suggestions many solutions are PvP oriented. Maybe you should read first before criticizing others?

Also, people that are comparing a Knight to a Trooper, really? That is the nature of melee classes you will never be able to solo as easily as a Trooper. If you think you can, you need to find a different, non-melee class.

"Huge buff" is laughable. The biggest mistake WoW started making is catering to bad players.

Did you read it?

While leveling up I never had a problem with my class, most packs with elites and Strong mobs I rotated in my CD's as was fine, after some healing I would go to the next pack and burn them down quickly.... Then as I approached the level 40's I realized I couldn't use Vette anymore.. Okay, so I switched to my healer companion and leveled to about 48, then I was magically able to use Vette again because I wasn't getting slaughtered...

I started doing the Ilum Main story quest line, and I noticed something... I'm getting slaughtered against normal mobs, Obliterated against by strong mobs, and humiliated by elites.

Nobody is complaining about serious issues leveling, it's about a class being completely inferior at endgame while soloing. And everything is pvp related when you are talking about soloing. The only suggestion that would have a blatant effect on pvp was more CC, which JK/SWs are actually pretty lacking in. Even in WoW (since you brought it up), all melee classes had some sort of healing, and don't even bring up the defensive CDs JK/SWs have because they are nowhere near the same thing as healing. A higher sustained damage is pretty necessary right now if you want to be able to compete solo.

Also, melee classes can solo amazingly if they are balanced. In fact right now, we are the only ones that can't. That's not the nature of the class, that's the nature of imbalance.

Did you read it?

Nobody is complaining about serious issues leveling, it's about a class being completely inferior at endgame while soloing. And everything is pvp related when you are talking about soloing. The only suggestion that would have a blatant effect on pvp was more CC, which JK/SWs are actually pretty lacking in. Even in WoW (since you brought it up), all melee classes had some sort of healing, and don't even bring up the defensive CDs JK/SWs have because they are nowhere near the same thing as healing. A higher sustained damage is pretty necessary right now if you want to be able to compete solo.

Also, melee classes can solo amazingly if they are balanced. In fact right now, we are the only ones that can't. That's not the nature of the class, that's the nature of imbalance.

The issue is that Sentinels / Juggs are suppose to be the current kings of single target dps according to what I have heard. Their AoE damage blows thou. In some ways it would be nice to have an in game parser to really verify the numbers.

The issue is that Sentinels / Juggs are suppose to be the current kings of single target dps according to what I have heard. Their AoE damage blows thou. In some ways it would be nice to have an in game parser to really verify the numbers.

They aren't though. Sniper holds the place of highest single target dps. They also have more survivability that Marauders/dps specc'd juggs.

I don't know if people are just oblivious or stupid. This thread isn't about leveling or pvp, it's about endgame pve. Why are 90% of responses saying it's fine around lvl 35?

Because people like to troll, and they like to be able to say "haha you're stupid I am RIGHT and YOU are WRONG!" regardless of what the OP actually says.

If the OP talked about PVP, you'd see tons of people rushing in saying, in a nutshell, "I'm right and you're wrong. You're bad, I'm the best, in PvE I destroy everything."

If he talked about leveling, it would be "I'm right and you're wrong. You're bad, I'm the best, at endgame (even though I struggled just like you were when leveling) with all the best gear and mods and everything I destroy everything."

If he was talking about ending, it would be "I'm right and you're wrong. You're bad, I'm the best. At level 1-10 I completely destroyed everything, so obviously the class is fine and you're just bad. L2P"

---

I absolutely destroy EVERYTHING with my scoundrel. I can solo quests where the enemies at +2 to me. Does that mean everything is fine? Maybe for a scoundrel. But the OP isn't talking about scoundrels or bounty hunters or imperial agents or troopers, is he?

Anything people say using Smugglers/BHs/Troopers/IAs as proof in a thread based on jedi knight/sith warrior is 100% useless. The classes I listed above are NOT Jedi Knight/Sith Warriors, and therefore this has NOTHING to do with them. Also keep in mind that the majority of "L2P nub I'm destroying everything with mine" either falls into one of my ignorance categories above, or they don't really play the class and they just wanna feel big and powerful and "superior" to someone else.

Yes, Jedi Knight/Sith Warriors do have issues with leveling and surviving and all that. In my opinion it's due to a lack of crowd control: Currently silver/gold enemies do too much damage in order to be fighting more than one at a time. What this means is either bioware needs to reduce silver/gold damage output significantly, or they need to give JK/SW's some type of crowd control so they can fight the same amount of enemies as my smuggler or my sage does.

They aren't though. Sniper holds the place of highest single target dps. They also have more survivability that Marauders/dps specc'd juggs.

Humm, this must be because of uptime on target (ie sentinels / marauders have to move out). The top dps almost certainly needs to be one of the pure dpser acs because of a lack of heals or defensive abilities ( so sentinel/marauder/gunslinger/sniper). Please note, I am playing none of the above.

Humm, this must be because of uptime on target (ie sentinels / marauders have to move out). The top dps almost certainly needs to be one of the pure dpser acs because of a lack of heals or defensive abilities ( so sentinel/marauder/gunslinger/sniper). Please note, I am playing none of the above.

Uptime is part of it. It's also far easier for snipers to hit strings 4k and 3k crits on things

THIS CLASS FEELS LIKE A ROLLER COASTER. Weeeewwwehhheh got a new light saber my damage isn't so terrible that i'm hating my life, 1 level later my damage is terrible wtffffffffff.

Vette desperately needs some sort of out of combat quick heal for me and her so that I don't have to freaking self heal after every pack of mobs.

i lul'd in rl simply because it's true!

The damage is lower on the melee force users. It would make sense if they were more survivable, but they're not. Outside of saber ward, you have no protection from non-physical damage except for your shielding percentages. Most of the NPCs you run into are either using non-physical damage, or throw in sunders.

I got tired of the horribly fugly SW gear you got 20+, so I switched to social light armor. It made such a marginal difference as to basically make me laugh at the "heavy" armor.

I don't get what the point on the Juggernaut/Guardian is. Heavy armor doesn't seem to serve a purpose. Maybe the difference with raid gear will make it compelling, but for leveling it's a joke.

Do what I do man, play the class because you love the class. Even if its a little incompetent.

So far leveling is definetly underpowered for us. We blossom after 40, truly blossom I mean. We become threat and have enough micro CD management for a decent player to spin heads in pvp and pve.

Its just using them. Although whoever thought of giving melee a static channel move that can be interrupted/moved away from or cancled on movement needs to wear a dunce hat to work until its fixed.

After seeing that my shadows gear wasn't going to get any better appearance wise at end game, I rerolled a guardian.

From what I can tell(at least hope) is that Guardians are serious late bloomers.

This is from a tanks point of view. I'm level 25 and still lack any sort of AoE threat or taunt. I have Force Sweep, which is on a 15 second cool down. I have one melee silence, and a channeled(As in, I can't do a dang thing when I use it) stun. No CC.

What were you thinking Bioware >.<

This class is unbelievably bad. PvP, PvE, appearance, everything.

In PvP we have no intercept, no enrage, a 6 second 50% slow snare (LOL), do the same damage as ranged classes, no execute, etc etc. When I PvP I look to target the imperial juggernauts/mauraders since they're ironically the easiest to kill.

In PvE we do great on non elite mobs, but every single pull / quest has multiple strong or elite mobs where our abilities are useless. Why was it necessary to remove the stuns from our moves for these enemies? It's like against anything but a common trash mob Jedi are these weak pansies who have to cycle both offensive and defensive cooldowns to even stand a chance.

What were they doing in beta to have the game have so many glaring flaws.

Edited by Vivaldisrk

The damage is lower on the melee force users. It would make sense if they were more survivable, but they're not. Outside of saber ward, you have no protection from non-physical damage except for your shielding percentages. Most of the NPCs you run into are either using non-physical damage, or throw in sunders.

I got tired of the horribly fugly SW gear you got 20+, so I switched to social light armor. It made such a marginal difference as to basically make me laugh at the "heavy" armor.

I don't get what the point on the Juggernaut/Guardian is. Heavy armor doesn't seem to serve a purpose. Maybe the difference with raid gear will make it compelling, but for leveling it's a joke.

Pretty much this. When saber ward and invincible are on cooldown we have nearly the same defenses as say a Mercenary, only without all the heals.

I'm not sure who is at fault, the beta testers or bioware, but this class is half done. Lets not forget the fact, that our vendors don't even sell the stuff for us, I mean everyone else have two options for turn ins we get one for our hilt and it is always lower level.

We get no darkside vendor stuff? The outfit in the videos was giving to jugg not mara? Really, Now...I'm not going to say this class can't be used, I'm just saying that for all the trouble we go through, other classes do the same if not better with alot less. It does not mean we are better players, it means that our class just blows.

Carnage tree being one of them. The only tree I like, has to be the worse.

Edited by Teladis

These people saying that Gaurdians and Juggs are fine have absolutely no clue.

I have played pretty much all of the classes through beta, and by far the weakest class was the juggs and Gaurdians.

We do not have meters right now, but it doesn't take a genius to determine something is wrong.

Either the class needs more damage, or it needs better damage mitigation. I am currently level 40 on my Jugg and the only spec that isnt a nightmare to level with is Immortal. Playing Immortal it is doable but I still feel weak compared to the other classes I have played.

Too many people are having the same problems. This isn't an imagined problem by a few bad players. I have had no problems with the other classes feeling like I am kicking a** and taking names.

Right now my damage is pathetic. The only solution I could come to was switch to a tank build to mitigate more damage. The dps specs do not do much more damage than the tank builds. Immortal makes it barely bearable, but still I do not feel like I am powerful, just barely up to par. This needs to be looked into.

my tank died vs two Water seekers on Tatooine when he was in the mid 20's... granted the fight lasted easily 4+ mins.. but they just kept healing each other and my DPS wasn't good enough to take them down.. so eventually ..Two Sand people killed a Jedi and his Padewan..

riiight

having said that, and having played Sent/Mards through Beta exclusively.. the Guardian 'feels' like a Jedi, more so than a Sentinel imo