The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regrets

TaitWatson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I didn't like the old Order. After a few generations they completely forbade marriage and love. I always preferred the New Jedi Order created by Luke who wasn't indoctrinated by old grampas because he was growing up among people who loved him. He inherited such values as love, compassion and selflessness. His passion and love saved his father and made him come back to the LS. Remember that both Kenobi and Yoda declared that Luke has to kill Vader...that's why they failed with bringing Anakin back. That's why they failed to see their wrongs which resulted in Anakin's fall and Jedi Purge.

Its kind of a self fulfilling prophecy in a way, they fear that the emotions that come from emotional attachments can lead to the darkside, so they forbid such attachments, which removed any support a force user would have to deal with those emotions. I also find some irony in the fact that Master/Students relationships also have very deep bonds that can lead to those same kinds of feelings, but they don't do much to try and mitigate that.

that was hilarious! I want to see a meet up with theron and satele next now THAT would be a gut buster haha! seriously though I love these short stories being pumped out they are very well made. keep up the good work bioware! :D

So, I might be alone, but all of these feel like bad fanfic.

Yes, you are alone. All alone in a dark, gruesome world. I'm sorry. But it doesn't have to be this way.

Ontopic: Great story. Probably my favourite so far. I could really picture it in my head. I also like how the picture above the text shows both Shans posing in the exact same way to underline what is mentioned later. Nice detail.

I would definitely buy a book around the SoR storyline in the usual SW-book style: perspectives from various characters etc.

Now, what I am a bit displeased with is Satele's behaviour. She either acted extremely selfish back then or no one told her that you can get pregnant by doing certain things. For some reason I thought that Mace knew about Theron all along. I stand corrected. ;)

And please, i would love a book from this time line. ;)

Indeed, Bioware should ask Lucasfilm to let them release an official Legends book written by Courtney :cool: At least in pdf format on swtor.com and then advertise this book on the official Star Wars site and fanpage to bring it to people's attention.

At this moment, the vast majority of fans don't know the blog stories exist at all. SW fanpage has over 13 million people, so Courtney's work would eventually become more popular and would act as the official tie-in to SWTOR lore :cool:

So, I might be alone, but all of these feel like bad fanfic.

Yeah, it seems these are written in the fashion of fan fiction. They are all non events at no point will this add to the in game story, its not even clear if it is meant to be anything but fan fiction. If the in game event requires that Jace and Thanon have met for an more dramatic in game encounter then this will never have happened and no doubt just be pulled.

That's why I didn't like the old Order. After a few generations they completely forbade marriage and love. I always preferred the New Jedi Order created by Luke who wasn't indoctrinated by old grampas because he was growing up among people who loved him. He inherited such values as love, compassion and selflessness. His passion and love saved his father and made him come back to the LS. Remember that both Kenobi and Yoda declared that Luke has to kill Vader...that's why they failed with bringing Anakin back. That's why they failed to see their wrongs which resulted in Anakin's fall and Jedi Purge.

Amen!

Yes, you are alone. All alone in a dark, gruesome world. I'm sorry. But it doesn't have to be this way.

Ontopic: Great story. Probably my favourite so far. I could really picture it in my head. I also like how the picture above the text shows both Shans posing in the exact same way to underline what is mentioned later. Nice detail.

I would definitely buy a book around the SoR storyline in the usual SW-book style: perspectives from various characters etc.

Now, what I am a bit displeased with is Satele's behaviour. She either acted extremely selfish back then or no one told her that you can get pregnant by doing certain things. For some reason I thought that Mace knew about Theron all along. I stand corrected. ;)

So she gets pregnant.

She does not tell the father.

She has the baby and gives it to her old teacher.

Avoids her own child for DECADES.

And during those DECADES never tells the dad?

I'm sorry, but I think she owes Jace Malcom about 10,000,000 apologies.

So she gets pregnant.

She does not tell the father.

She has the baby and gives it to her old teacher.

Avoids her own child for DECADES.

And during those DECADES never tells the dad?

I'm sorry, but I think she owes Jace Malcom about 10,000,000 apologies.

Yeah, no kidding. The not I read these, the more I'm convinced the Jedi are jerks. Go Sith!!!

Yeah, no kidding. The not I read these, the more I'm convinced the Jedi are jerks. Go Sith!!!

Jedi are like the Vulcan's in Star trek they have emotions but repress them most of the time which can lead to issues such as this.

Jedi are like the Vulcan's in Star trek they have emotions but repress them most of the time which can lead to issues such as this.

Thing is, I suspect that not informing your child's father of his existence might actually be grounds for a lawsuit in much of Republic space. Obviously, it's a big galaxy and all but I think Mr. Malcom could put together a fairly strong civil case if he wanted to.

There was a case in the UK in 2007 that might be relevant I suppose.

Yeah, it seems these are written in the fashion of fan fiction. They are all non events at no point will this add to the in game story, its not even clear if it is meant to be anything but fan fiction. If the in game event requires that Jace and Thanon have met for an more dramatic in game encounter then this will never have happened and no doubt just be pulled.

Considering there's barely much of a canon anymore for right now...

Good short story (no better than the previous one), but it is a familiar trouble, does not matter about the galactic situation, it´d be more interesting a Shroud´s report about the galactic power balance, counting on the imminent 3.2 update incoming.

:wea_15: