Change Phase Walk from 60m to 30m range

Jimmajamma

Seriously. Sins already have a stealth out. Why should they also be able to teleport halfway across the map completely out of harms way? 30m is enough to get you behind a pillar or some los point. #realtalk Edited by Jimmajamma

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did phase walk become the enemy? I mean, I remember when it was first introduce, and people were like "really, THAT'S our high level power!? What a waste." And now I've seen a couple posts just recently about nerfing it. Did it suddenly become awesome or something? (Really, not trolling, I don't have anyone with PW on the server I play on anymore, so I'm not currently able to use it. :( )

When did phase walk become the enemy? I mean, I remember when it was first introduce, and people were like "really, THAT'S our high level power!? What a waste." And now I've seen a couple posts just recently about nerfing it. Did it suddenly become awesome or something? (Really, not trolling, I don't have anyone with PW on the server I play on anymore, so I'm not currently able to use it. :( )

No, not really. There's no real reason to target Phase Walk for a nerf. But sins have way too many buttons that are worth pressing at some point during a WZ, so people tend to suggest many nerfs, including dumber ones.

Edited by MiaowZedong

Yet another thread of "We haven't got a clue what the REAL issue with Assassins's (hatred) are, so we're just going to grab one random thing and proclaim it OP. Phasewalk is perfectly fine.

Where did I say it was OP? Just suggesting a minor tweak. I also said nothing about (hatred). Learn to read, you dolt.

Most ridiculous request ive heard to date lol what difference does 30m to 60m even make ?

if you phase away from your opponent 60m how you supposed to finish them off before they self heal?

if your using phase walk to run away from a fight your not using it well

its best to be used to get out of harms way for a moment when CC or Rooted to prevent further single or global damage if you missed a cool down but you should want/need to be back in the action right away , or put next to a med-pack on the wz floor or near doors to stop caps as a few examples .

Most ridiculous request ive heard to date lol what difference does 30m to 60m even make ?

if you phase away from your opponent 60m how you supposed to finish them off before they self heal?

Unless the sin is the one under duress. Then it is an easy escape.

And if that is the most ridiculous request you've heard to date, this is either your first time reading the forums or you are a complete idiot.

if your using phase walk to run away from a fight your not using it well

its best to be used to get out of harms way for a moment when CC or Rooted to prevent further single or global damage if you missed a cool down but you should want/need to be back in the action right away , or put next to a med-pack on the wz floor or near doors to stop caps as a few examples .

Yeah. And you should have to be within 30m of the where you placed it (next to that medpack/door). Not completely overextend and be able to save yourself by outdistancing any attack/gap closer with the push of a button.

Edited by Jimmajamma

Unless the sin is the one under duress. Then it is an easy escape.

And if that is the most ridiculous request you've heard to date, this is either your first time reading the forums or you are a complete idiot.

Yeah. And you should have to be within 30m of the where you placed it (next to that medpack/door). Not completely overextend and be able to save yourself by outdistancing any attack/gap closer with the push of a button.

its just not even relevant, go ahead nerf it to 30m wouldn't make one bit of difference lol 60m is way to far away to be effective in most cases if your going to die most re-spawns locations in all WZ's are withing 60m of any point of interest lol may aswell save the phase walk and Rez

I support this idea. Giving a class the ability to engage in helping take a node while being able to effectively help guard another node is ridiculous. It was not a very well thought out idea by Bioware and the recent change to 60m should be reversed. Edited by MotorCityMan

I support this idea. Giving a class the ability to engage in helping take a node while being able to effectively help guard another node is ridiculous. It was not a very well thought out idea by Bioware and the recent change to 60m should be reversed.

You realize it's ALWAYS been a 60m ability, right.......? And you can't "engage a node while defending another node". At most you can place it at a node and, upon getting an inc call, force speed out of MID (not the other ndoe) and then phasewalk within a short distance of the node. You're really underestimating the size of the maps.

You're crying about Phasewalk and saying that it should have it's range nerfed to 30m because "that would be good enough". In other words you're crying about Phasewalk being OP without specifically saying in the exact words of "Phasewalk is OP". Learn to comprehend underlying messages, you dolt.

Look you play a sin so it's no surprise that your crying about him crying... Or is he crying about you crying... Or is anyone even crying at all... Perhaps im the one crying...

Carry on.

Edit: Manbearpig is being super cereal here. Dude most likely seen PW is a 60m range. He figured that was a lot considering no class can close that gap unless a PT. When you look at ranked maps thats a lot. I see where he is coming from. I'm not complaining cuZ 30m or 60m I don't see a difference as how that's gonna help anyone. Not like sins run away anyway... Im i right or am I right?

Edited by Darth__Reaver

Look you play a sin so it's no surprise that your crying about him crying... Or is he crying about you crying... Or is anyone even crying at all... Perhaps im the one crying...

Carry on.

Edit: Manbearpig is being super cereal here. Dude most likely seen PW is a 60m range. He figured that was a lot considering no class can close that gap unless a PT. When you look at ranked maps thats a lot. I see where he is coming from. I'm not complaining cuZ 30m or 60m I don't see a difference as how that's gonna help anyone. Not like sins run away anyway... Im i right or am I right?

Class means **** all. I also play a guardian, an operative, a marauder, a sorc, a merc, and a PT tank. I could go to one of your posts about something to do with mercs and go "Well of course you think X, you play a merc". Just because you play something doesn't mean you aren't objective about it FFS.

Where did I say it was OP? Just suggesting a minor tweak. I also said nothing about (hatred). Learn to read, you dolt.

all you said was i don't like people being able to get away from me qq so nerf them. The only thing most of us use it for is to get to a hypergate node faster. Because stealthing out is way more affective then emoting you with a lol and mezzing you for a while just to burst your ego.

Edited by Neoforcer

Class means **** all. I also play a guardian, an operative, a marauder, a sorc, a merc, and a PT tank. I could go to one of your posts about something to do with mercs and go "Well of course you think X, you play a merc". Just because you play something doesn't mean you aren't objective about it FFS.

Yo it was a joke but if you wanna get sensitive about your favorite class then go for it. Besides im pretty sure I cried my little eye balls off about my favorite class and I'm sure everyone who loves the class can say the same thing. I'm not delusional about my class I know how to play it and I know how to vs other classes. I know its one of the **** class of choice for ranked and I don't give a ****.

Here I was having a nice day at work and to my surprise!!! Someine cried NERF on the forums for an OP class that have been in the sun so long it's burnt to a crisp. Then you have that normal sin come by and defend themselves as if the nerf is gonna happen. I mean if it was not you im sure Evo would scummed himself in this thread. Look bro it's just a game I know you and you somewhat know me. Let's chill and grow some gummy bears.

Yo it was a joke but if you wanna get sensitive about your favorite class then go for it. Besides im pretty sure I cried my little eye balls off about my favorite class and I'm sure everyone who loves the class can say the same thing. I'm not delusional about my class I know how to play it and I know how to vs other classes. I know its one of the **** class of choice for ranked and I don't give a ****.

Here I was having a nice day at work and to my surprise!!! Someine cried NERF on the forums for an OP class that have been in the sun so long it's burnt to a crisp. Then you have that normal sin come by and defend themselves as if the nerf is gonna happen. I mean if it was not you im sure Evo would scummed himself in this thread. Look bro it's just a game I know you and you somewhat know me. Let's chill and grow some gummy bears.

I came in here because it's a bunch of idiots crying over PHASEWALK, an ability that has absolutely nothing to do with Hatred (and ONLY hatred) being broken as ****. I'm just tired of people who have no clue what they're talking about making threads/posts proclaiming that either X or Y is the reason that 'Assassin's' are OP, when in reality it's only Hatred that is broken and it's broken because of the fact that it has literally everything with no drawbacks whatsoever.

PW is fantastic for sins and frustrating for an opponent, but it's practically the last thing I think of in terms of what's wrong with sins. just fix hatred. deception is pretty close to the mean.

yup. it's good, not broken. wanting to nerf it is just sin-rage. they're angry with sins, and are lashing out at anything now, when it's just Hatred that needs fixing (and 12s stun immunity that should come down to 4-6 seconds).

I came in here because it's a bunch of idiots crying over PHASEWALK, an ability that has absolutely nothing to do with Hatred (and ONLY hatred) being broken as ****. I'm just tired of people who have no clue what they're talking about making threads/posts proclaiming that either X or Y is the reason that 'Assassin's' are OP, when in reality it's only Hatred that is broken and it's broken because of the fact that it has literally everything with no drawbacks whatsoever.

You are painfully stupid. You keep asserting that my critique of phasewalk has anything to do with hatred serenity. It doesn't.

I still don't know how my original or subsequent posts have been crying. I dusted off my shadow a few weeks ago and after playing for a bit thought that the ability was totally out of line with everything else in the game. I love the teleport ability so I don't want to completely remove it, just think the range is a little ridiculous.

As far the guy who talked about range being too short so that it will miss, I would say just add a little glowy proc thing when you are in range, or black it out when you are out of range. Something like that.

Edited by Jimmajamma

yup. it's good, not broken. wanting to nerf it is just sin-rage. they're angry with sins, and are lashing out at anything now, when it's just Hatred that needs fixing (and 12s stun immunity that should come down to 4-6 seconds).

It's not aimless sin-rage. I don't think my initial post was a "sky is falling" type post. Just a minor proposed change as I think the range on it makes it out of line with any other ability in the game.

You are painfully stupid. You keep asserting that my critique of phasewalk has anything to do with hatred serenity. It doesn't.

I still don't know how my original or subsequent posts have been crying. I dusted off my shadow a few weeks ago and after playing for a bit thought that the ability was totally out of line with everything else in the game. I love the teleport ability so I don't want to completely remove it, just think the range is a little ridiculous.

As far the guy who talked about range being to short so that it will miss, I would say just add a little glowy proc thing when you are in range, or black it out when you are out of range. Something like that.

No, I simply know the ins and outs of my class unlike you. And you're right, your thread has nothing to do with Hatred, and THAT is the problem. Phasewalk is completely fine. It has been perfectly fine up until now, when Hatred is massively OP. Now, magically, Phasewalk has somehow become OP when it hasn't been changed AT ALL. I wonder what THAT is all about.

Short version, I don't want my class nerfed pointlessly because of some random who hasn't got a clue what he's talking about and is just lashing out at anything he can think of to try to get Hatred nerfed.

Short version, I don't want my class nerfed pointlessly because of some random who hasn't got a clue what he's talking about and is just lashing out at anything he can think of to try to get Hatred nerfed.

Just say you don't want your class nerfed. That is all you have to say.

They are already nerfing Hatred. I said before, I like the changes and will see how it plays out. Still think sin/shadow 12 second stun immunity is ridiculous. If I really wanted to chop a leg out from sin/shadows that is where I would start. Not phasewalk.

By the way, you haven't once defended why you think the range is reasonable other than saying it is fine and i am some random.

Edited by Jimmajamma