The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Next bonus XP weekend

Vandriss

Please let know in advance for Double XP just re-subbed today. Could have delayed it till Monday if had known. Not everyone likes it. :(

Bulk of folks like it, and for those who dont well there's plenty of other games, and the great outdoors lot of folks will have sunshine and good weather

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I just have run out of words to talk about how there's really no excuse to turn down free experience and that all of the excuses people give are absolutely terrible.

Unfortunately, people don't need an "excuse" that will satisfy you. I simply tried it with one character, did not like it so I tend to opt out when it happens, though I decided this time to politely ask for a way to opt out without denying double exp to those who do like it. I suspect it won't happen, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, people don't need an "excuse" that will satisfy you. I simply tried it with one character, did not like it so I tend to opt out when it happens, though I decided this time to politely ask for a way to opt out without denying double exp to those who do like it. I suspect it won't happen, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

:rolleyes:

I don't actually think there is a way to add an opt out function.

Bulk of folks like it, and for those who dont well there's plenty of other games, and the great outdoors lot of folks will have sunshine and good weather

Look at it my way don't like Double XP was preferred till yesterday. Subbed back in just a few hours ago and cant play for another 2 days because of that. Not everyone likes to play the same way some prefer it the way it originally is.

F2P and preferred don't get double xp so there should be a way.

F2P and preferred don't get rest XP. They do get 2XP during double XP weekends, although their native XP earning rate (and consequently their 2XP rate) is less than that of subscribers.

actually they do they just don't get the full amount because of the f2p restrictions.

Did not know that usually just log off during Double XP just 2 wasted game days then. Still would have liked a warning.

F2P and preferred don't get rest XP. They do get 2XP during double XP weekends, although their native XP earning rate (and consequently their 2XP rate) is less than that of subscribers.

During double xp even Subs rested xp is disabled so it doesn't count towards the double xp so I don't get your point.

I don't actually think there is a way to add an opt out function.

I suspect not. It's not something like one of the complimentary cartel XP boosts that you have to manually click on to get working.

Oh well. I could run dailies on my 60 like you suggested, or just play something else for a weekend.

You mean when you are supposed to be spending time with family and friends?

I love the assumption that everyone celebrates the holiday.

For me, I'm traveling that weekend so I can get to my doctor appointment from my general physician, since no one in my area accepts my health insurance. Oh, and fasting for a blood test.

Not every 2xp weekend needs to occur around federal holidays. They throw in a couple in the Summer (North hemisphere) just because.

During double xp even Subs rested xp is disabled so it doesn't count towards the double xp so I don't get your point.

He meant F2P and Preferred don't get rested XP (which i knew). But all get Double XP because he thought correctly that i concluded that from the way Rested XP works.

I love the assumption that everyone celebrates the holiday.

For me, I'm traveling that weekend so I can get to my doctor appointment from my general physician, since no one in my area accepts my health insurance. Oh, and fasting for a blood test.

Not every 2xp weekend needs to occur around federal holidays. They throw in a couple in the Summer (North hemisphere) just because.

Easter isn't a US specific holiday. It's celebrated in lots of European countries not sure about the Asian countries though.

You know... I think I had something in here about a 2XP Weekend...

*Tait dumps his bag on the floor. Amongst various knickknacks, patch-related paraphernalia, and a worn newspaper front page stating that the "Rakghoul Plague Has Been Completely Eradicated Once Again," he finds a shimmering gold medallion...*

AH-HA! Here it is!

We're starting a 2XP Weekend TOMORROW!

Surprise! :tran_smile:

-Tait, Master of RP, Knickknack Hoarding, and the elusive 2XP Medallion of Destiny

but many people using the latest Windows 10 build can't play....

/cry

(to those about to post "don't use beta OS's"......."shut up")

Hah, very nice. I can't play because weekend planning has already been done, but I can do some crafting. With this being sort of a ninja 2XP, others didn't have time to prepare, either, and maybe I can sell enough stuff to recover some of the 10M credits I just spent on a jetpack mount... :p

You were bashing a US company without knowing about fiscal quarters...you must be a true hater. :) Seriously, you haven't noticed that every three months or so, a few people feel the need to start posts about how EA's latest report means that swtor is either Growing Stronger or about to die? I think those posts usually end up in "Off-topic", and I wouldn't blame you for ignoring them :)

No! :o Of course I know about fiscal quarters, I just wasn't aware that this weekend is the end of a quarter.

I also received that e-mail, that would have been the perfect opportunity to advertise Double XP. This must have been rushed, after all Tait just posted it at the end of the day just before leaving work, and if you look at the Double XP page, all the images are reused from last year.

http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/gameupdates/2xp/JuneDoubleXPWeekend_back_Top.png (from June 2013)

http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/gameupdates/2xp/May4thDoubleXPWeekend_LEC.jpg (from May 4th 2014)

Still, they did translate it into German and French, so it wasn't completely spontaneous.

And sorry for bashing, my post was just a knee-jerk reaction after DarthZaul first mentioned Easter, looking back now I would have written something different. :(

Edited by Jerba

but many people using the latest Windows 10 build can't play....

/cry

(to those about to post "don't use beta OS's"......."shut up")

Oh, I cried when I got my new laptop with windows 7 and NWN would not play on it.:( That being said, can't you revert back to your previous OS?