The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CARTEL MARKET - No MSM JT-2 Jetpack

Tealkman

Nope...decor, companion gifts, and jawa scrap can all go in legacy hold. The rest is manageable. Of course, I oftentimes have to cycle out old stuff to make room for new stuff if I haven't sold stuff for a while, but I try and be consistent about rotating out stuff if it's been sitting a while.

Ugh...now I feel like a hoarder. Every time I make an effort to clean up a bit, it back fires and I buy something to replace what I tossed...:o

Agreed. It bugs me when people try to force their value system on others. It really speaks to character

No it doesn't, don't be so dramatic. It speaks of values and priorities, not character. There are plenty of people who would think spending $300+ a month on digital goods is a foolish waste of money. There are also those who think spending $300 a month at a bar is no big deal. Having different opinions and views on where and what people spend their money on, doesn't say anything about a persons character, just what they value important. Don't make it more than it is.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. It bugs me when people try to force their value system on others. It really speaks to character

No it doesn't, don't be so dramatic. It speaks of values and priorities, not character. There are plenty of people who would think spending $300+ a month on digital goods is a foolish waste of money. There are also those who think spending $300 a month at a bar is no big deal. Having different opinions and views on where and what people spend their money on, doesn't say anything about a persons character, just what they value important. Don't make it more than it is.

You totally missed his point. It doesn't bug him that people have different value systems, which is what your arguement is. It bothers him when people force their values on others, which based on your reply it sounds like that bugs you too. Trying to force your values on to others can be considered part of your character. Typically it either means they blindly assume everyone is like them or they think their value systems is superior and expect that everyone should hold them or they are inferior. The 2nd is certainly a character flaw, the 1st I would say is more just lack of vision and failure to realize how big and varied the world is.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

You totally missed his point. It doesn't bug him that people have different value systems, which is what your arguement is. It bothers him when people force their values on others, which based on your reply it sounds like that bugs you too. Trying to force your values on to others can be considered part of your character. Typically it either means they blindly assume everyone is like them or they think their value systems is superior and expect that everyone should hold them or they are inferior. The 2nd is certainly a character flaw, the 1st I would say is more just lack of vision and failure to realize how big and varied the world is.

I guess I did miss that...I don't think the person he quoted (referenced) was trying to force his values on anyone, just stating their belief. But yes, anyone who tries to force their values on me, bothers me too :) Sorry if I misunderstood.

Edited by TUXs

Ugh...

Tux,

You worded it perfectly!

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. People like this are the only reason this game hasn't gone under...

If that were true --which I doubt highly: Idiots like that are exceptions, not the rule-- then it deserves to go under, fullstop/end-of.

Some first-year CompSci student could probably slap a StarWars skin on The Sims or Second Life, and some greedy publisher could buy up the IP and monetise the living **** out of it, and it could get popular, but that doesn't mean it's good.

If that were true --which I doubt highly: Idiots like that are exceptions, not the rule-- then it deserves to go under, fullstop/end-of.

Some first-year CompSci student could probably slap a StarWars skin on The Sims or Second Life, and some greedy publisher could buy up the IP and monetise the living **** out of it, and it could get popular, but that doesn't mean it's good.

I think you'd be very surprised. In my old guild of like 20 there we about 3 that spent at least 50-100 every time a new pack came out. I'm not saying that's representative of the entire game, but that's a high number for such a small sample size.

Also someone is buying the hundreds of packs that then become available on the GTN, not to mention the people that open the packs.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

I guess I did miss that...I don't think the person he quoted (referenced) was trying to force his values on anyone, just stating their belief. But yes, anyone who tries to force their values on me, bothers me too :) Sorry if I misunderstood.

I was agreeing with Reno who commented on someone saying the OP "might have a problem" because they chose to spend money on CM packs. So it was a bit convoluted and I didn't make myself clear, which was my fault.

The cartel packs are random, each item in them has a chance of being in it, the rarer the item the smaller the chance.

I admit I buy cartel packs when there is something of interest in them, but I limit the number I buy and sell everything I don't want. I also make sure I do some dailies every now and then to keep my credit balance up.

So this time, when I failed to get the Jetpack from the packs I purchased, I just dropped 7 million credits on the GTN for one instead. Small price to pay for it imo, they do seem to be the rarest item in the pack and will no doubt sell for more than that in the coming weeks/months.

I opened 120 Master's Shadow Pack's and NOT A SINGLE "MSM JT-2 Jetpack".

Is that mount even in the pack or not?

Sorry you didn't get one but there were at least eight on Jedi Covenant (JC) on sale for 10.235 million and up.

Of course, mine was the lowest price, so if you're feeling lucky, bring your dough to JC and buy ours.

otherwise, good luck and keep trying.

The thing is, there is random and then there is random.

Like take a deck of cards. You have a 1 in 52 chance of pulling out any given card, but if you draw 52 cards, you are guaranteed to eventually get that card.

No, there is just random.

If you draw 52 cards from a single deck, yes, you eventually get that card. That's not how this works.

You don't draw a card and remove it. You draw a card, if it doesn't match you put it back in and shuffle it and draw again (or better yet, have 52 decks of randomly shuffled cards and pull one from each, looking for your card).

A 1% chance doesn't mean you go from 1 in 100 to 1 in 99 after opening your first pack. It means that regardless of what you get in your first pack, you still have a 1 in 100 chance in your second pack.

When talking about odds, past events have no reflection on future events. The odds of a coin flip hitting heads 9 times in a row is 1 in 512. The odds of a coin flip hitting heads 10 times in a row is 1 in 1024. But once you've already flipped 9 heads in a row, the chances of you getting another head is not 1 in 512, rather 1 in 2, because it's an independent event.

Does the new jet pack get added to collections? I'd love to get one...but 10M credits is a lot for one toon!

Like every other cartel market vehicle/armor set/weapon.. yes, it is added to your collections and for a few more CC you can unlock it so all your characters can have one.

don't buy lottery tickets if your going to whine when you don't win the jackpot...

120 is a lot but nobody forced that on you

No reason out of 120 packs he shouldn't have gotten' 4 for all the wasted money.

They probably should've just put it on the CM as a Single Buy Feature, i guess.

120 packs that's like over $200 in cartel coins. youre insane for spending that much money on something you could buy with credits on gtn. And credits are super easy to get so there should be no reason why you cant get credits

120 packs? Roflmao

Trust me, regardless of the punchline and what you actually got, the joke is on you.

" I literally throw my money at an international mega corporation with no strings attached! Yet, good things don't start happening to me. What is this?!"

Does the new jet pack get added to collections? I'd love to get one...but 10M credits is a lot for one toon!

It sure does...I bought mine specifically so I could legacy unlock and never have to buy another. Be ready for a 240 CC unlock tho...it's not one of the cheap ones.

It sure does...I bought mine specifically so I could legacy unlock and never have to buy another. Be ready for a 240 CC unlock tho...it's not one of the cheap ones.

Ehh, 240 CC isn't that bad. Specially considering in the past, other mounts have been about 500 CC.

Thank you guys for spending $200-$400-$1000+ for the new packs. I just bought the new Jetpack mount for 8m credits = 1 week of daily missions farm. One guy sold me a Dathomir Rancor a few months ago for 6m , now its 20-99m in GTN. And I bought my Revan`s mask for 800k in 2012. Keep buying CM packs for real money, please. Edited by iankalo

120 packs that's like over $200 in cartel coins. youre insane for spending that much money on something you could buy with credits on gtn. And credits are super easy to get so there should be no reason why you cant get credits

True, credits are easy to get, but typically it takes *time* to get them. Whether it's crafting, farming mats, playing the market, whatever. For me, time has a high value. I only have a couple of hours to play every few days or so. When I do play, I want to run FP's and story missions, not farm mats or run dailies.

Lucky for me, I have more money than I do time. So...my solution to get credits is to buy hypercrates, and sell them on the GTN. You're welcome :)

Lucky for me, I have more money than I do time. So...my solution to get credits is to buy hypercrates, and sell them on the GTN. You're welcome :)

As someone who buys said crates off the GTN to play Homer Simpson Lotto, thanks :D

Edited by XiamaraSimi

True, credits are easy to get, but typically it takes *time* to get them. Whether it's crafting, farming mats, playing the market, whatever. For me, time has a high value.

The fact that you are playing a computer game with it proves it does not have all that high a value. You're simply impatient.

The fact that you are playing a computer game with it proves it does not have all that high a value. You're simply impatient.

How does spending time playing a video game *prove* that someone doesn't value their time? Are you implying that everyone that plays computer games cannot possible value their time with high importance? I find that to be quite a stretch.