Such jerks on The Harbinger

blackopsranger

Why are there so many jerks in the Harbinger? Specifically why do people roll for gear they already have and keep others from getting it? Even in guilds they do this to their guild members. You say you "why should i bring my geared toon and carry you" well mo fos if I'm geared you wont be. If you are the only one with gear you will not progress.

just make it 1 piece per person. Doesn't matter if the person has the item already or not - ppl have alts or an off-build and so long as people get 1 piece by the end of the run max(unless no one wants and free rolls), it's fair. Edited by mynameisbugged

i disagree. It's better(and faster) if main toons also get to participate and roll for their alts to clear runs rather then everyone only bringing alts. By your rule, people can also abuse the system and just have a spare set of crappy gear to get more gear and say "HEY, i need that more than you!".

In any case, the topic is being discussed here showing that it's not just a harbinger thing:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=803212

Excuse me? If somebody brings their geared main, and you bring your ****** alt, you are in no way entitled to more gear than them, in fact they're doing all the work and you're expecting to be carried!

So a group needs a tank instead of a dps , that dps id like to run to get a piece for and i sub in my geared tank because hey no one else is on that wants to tank it,by your logic i would not be able to roll on gear for work rendered simply because that particular toon has gear.

If everyone ran story mode groups by that logic no one who has previously cleared that content would be willing to switch roles for the benefit of a group quite frankly i wouldn't blame them.

So a group needs a tank instead of a dps , that dps id like to run to get a piece for and i sub in my geared tank because hey no one else is on that wants to tank it,by your logic i would not be able to roll on gear for work rendered simply because that particular toon has gear.

If everyone ran story mode groups by that logic no one who has previously cleared that content would be willing to switch roles for the benefit of a group quite frankly i wouldn't blame them.

I don't if everyone is on their main toon, then they should not be gearing alts when a member of their progression group needs the gear. How do you expect to progress if one player has 3 or 4 geared players but the members of their progression team cannot even gear their main toon to allow the overall group to progress. If the tank has a 198 head piece they should not be rolling on it for their alts when the rest of the prog group has not put it on their main toons.

I don't if everyone is on their main toon, then they should not be gearing alts when a member of their progression group needs the gear. How do you expect to progress if one player has 3 or 4 geared players but the members of their progression team cannot even gear their main toon to allow the overall group to progress. If the tank has a 198 head piece they should not be rolling on it for their alts when the rest of the prog group has not put it on their main toons.

I believe they are talking about PUG runs, not guild/prog runs.

I believe they are talking about PUG runs, not guild/prog runs.

He's into that super secret progression pug runs :cool:

I'm not even on this server but OP I'm having a good giggle over here this morning. Thanks OP!

Edited by FerkWork

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds like a guild problem more specifically if your group is doing that as a progress group then i would be looking for a new group. If i where you

Yea sorry.. but I'm I'm doing a run on my fully geared character I expect to have the OPTION to roll on something for an ALT character. If I run across some PUG that has a DOUCHE BAG player saying I can't roll unless I bring that ALT then I'll usually just bail out and say have fun getting back fill. Why bring an undergeared character when I can do more with a fully geared character?

Just because I RAN crap ton's of runs to BIS my character doesn't mean other players get all the LOOT.

I do agree that a SINGLE PIECE is all I should get (Just like anyone else should be getting).

Sorry it boils down to "I helped kill the boss... I get a shot at the loot".. period.. doesn't matter beyond being fair to all players and not just have some folks carry others.

Edit: Exception being if I'm in my progression groups, but then loot lists come into play doing the same thing (Usually everyone gets one of each piece at first) and at each guilds order of the day for loot.

Edited by dscount

I dont mind people rolling need on stuff for alts, "if" there isnt another one in the group that could use it. But once you start Needing on everything, regardless of what it is, I will boot you out of the group if I am the leader faster than your head will turn. But an example of what I am speaking about: say that Player A is a Gunslinger and needs a cunning piece of gear and one comes up after killing boss A. Now I am glad that Player B maybe lvling that kickass Imperial Agent he has and wants to roll Need to give it to that Imp Agent, but by common courtesy as I call it, you should roll Greed because Player A who just helped kill the boss needs the gear and by all rights, they have more right to it at that moment than some Imperial Agent alt, no offense. I have Greeded on plenty of stuff I could have used on alts simply because someone was in the group that could use it.

My rules for loot that I follow are this:

1: Need on stuff you legitmately can use: Greens (only if you can use it) Blues (as long as you can use it or if specified that you need it for an alt) Adaptive Armor (as long as no one else in the group Needs it, feel free, but remember to let the others know, because they have just as much right to some loot as the rest).

I have run Flashpoints before where I came out empty-handed because one or more players felt they deserved more loot than the rest and nearly Needed on everything. And if I find that I am in a Guild PUG, I will drop almost immediately. I dont do Flashpoints, or any other group content with other guilds by myself anymore.

2: Greed: Greed on Green items, reputation items, etc.

3: Pass: only when you dont want the item or cant carry it etc

4: DO NOT wait until everyone clicks Greed to click Need to insure you get the item. I watch for this and will wait to see what you do, if you try this stunt, I will intentionally Need right after you and if I win, give the item to the respectable person. I have seen to many players trying to Ninja loot this way and it pisses me off to no end.