Clicking done right

FerreusSteelTip

In the end there is only one thing that matters. End results. If someone clicks and still outputs top shelf level damage or heals or protection while being aware of objectives great deal. If someone keybinds but can not outdo the results of the clicker I would take the clicker over them for a group every day of the week. I have known clickers who have gotten to 1800+ 4's rating and solo rating and I know keybinders who could not get carried by the largest semi truck in existence. Would a clicker doing that well do better with binds? Ya after they work the kinks out and get used to it. Do I care if they keep clicking instead of binding when they outperform 98+% of the games pvp population? Nope, do not care one bit as they are still doing what they are supposed to do and doing it far far above the rest of the folks. Edited by Dezarthanon

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end there is only one thing that matters. End results. If someone clicks and still outputs top shelf level damage or heals or protection while being aware of objectives great deal. If someone keybinds but can not outdo the results of the clicker I would take the clicker over them for a group every day of the week. I have known clickers who have gotten to 1800+ 4's rating and solo rating and I know keybinders who could not get carried by the largest semi truck in existence. Would a clicker doing that well do better with binds? Ya after they work the kinks out and get used to it. Do I care if they keep clicking instead of binding when they outperform 98+% of the games pvp population? Nope, do not care one bit as they are still doing what they are supposed to do and doing it far far above the rest of the folks.

This 100%. Majority of keybinders I run across are not awesome because they keybind. Just like all the clickers I run across are not terrible players and awful in pvp. I would say there is an advantage to keybinding. Without going into that, the fact is it's not gamebreaking if a person clicks. You'd think the way people react to this topic, that, it really is gamebreaking though. It's not. It's just not.

You have created 24 different keybind settings and your Keyboard is able to switch between 24 profiles. Then respect.:D

You don't need 24 profiles. In SWTOR, every AC is based on the same combat segments. So it's actually quite easy to devise one keybind template for all ACs. For example, every class has a basic DPS/HPS rotation, set of defensive skills, pool of CC abilities, interrupt/breaker...and so on. There is a logic to combat and all you have to do is create a keybind system for yourself that expresses that logic.

When I change ACs, my keybinding system merely needs to accommodate a change of maybe 1-3 skills. When playing that AC you simply need to memorize those few changes. You aren't re-memorizing keybind placement for every single skill each time you change an AC if your system is good.

You don't need 24 profiles. In SWTOR, every AC is based on the same combat segments. So it's actually quite easy to devise one keybind template for all ACs. For example, every class has a basic DPS/HPS rotation, set of defensive skills, pool of CC abilities, interrupt/breaker...and so on. There is a logic to combat and all you have to do is create a keybind system for yourself that expresses that logic.

When I change ACs, my keybinding system merely needs to accommodate a change of maybe 1-3 skills. When playing that AC you simply need to memorize those few changes. You aren't re-memorizing keybind placement for every single skill each time you change an AC if your system is good.

It may be that keybinding professionals can. In my (rather large) guild I run at the Keybindern always a lot of resistance when I ask her something to try in another tree, explicitly stating that their keybinding ONLY works for their tree. The clickers have no problems.

People still debate over clicking vs keybinding? How is this still going on... I'll quote someone who put it best. Their reddit name is Pie_Is_Better and it's always stuck with me.

" Notice that, while clickers are defending their setup as working for them, and I'm sure that's true, there isn't a single person saying: well I used to keybind but then I switched to clicking and it's awesome! "

Recorded this gem before original video was taken down:

I mean to 3 cap like that the other team must have been bad, but when a keyboard turning sent is getting 2 focus heals, he'll do good regardless.

However that video made me gag at how terrible and he played his sent, and also the incessant clicking sound.

It may be that keybinding professionals can. In my (rather large) guild I run at the Keybindern always a lot of resistance when I ask her something to try in another tree, explicitly stating that their keybinding ONLY works for their tree. The clickers have no problems.

Not sure what your guildmates problem is.

When you respec, the abilities tied to that tree are removed and are generally replaced by the abilities of the new tree. You arrange your keybinds to what works for you and you carry on.

Generally my shared abilities stay the same for all of my keybinds when changing specs, their are rare instances where I will move them around if a rotation requires I use a particular ability at crucial times, but for the most part, its always the same. I can swap out specs easily enough, and once I get the first few encounters out of the way(pvp or pve) muscle memory kicks in and my rotation is pretty fluid. and thats where clickers start to waver imo. If your clicking you cant use muscle memory, because you instead use hand eye coordination, which requires you to focus elsewhere, meaning your raid/situational awareness is down. And thats why clickers perform less efficiantly than keybinders, atleast when all things are equal.

Now Between classes their are always certainties for my keybinds among abilitites shared by all classes.

C=CC breaker

F=Interrupt

2=hard stun

3=Mez

Edited by Haystak

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.