SWTOR Developer Live Stream - March 20th

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

I wanted to give you the details of our next live stream:

When: Friday, March 20th from 3PM-4PM CDT

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/swtor

Who: Bruce Maclean, Michael Backus, and myself

What: We are going to to talk about the story coming to Ziost and what is coming in Game Update 3.2. (no spoilers!)

I hope to see you there!

-eric

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks!

I wanted to give you the details of our next live stream:

When: Friday, March 20th from 3PM-4PM CDT

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/swtor

Who: Bruce Maclean, Michael Backus, and myself

What: We are going to to talk about the story coming to Ziost and what is coming in Game Update 3.2. (no spoilers!)

I hope to see you there!

-eric

We know what is coming with 3.2 more useless (mostly recolored old stuff) cartel market stuff maybe some pve stuff with full of bugs and no pvp content. Sorry you said no spoilers but i gave details for 3.2 patch.

They ARE alive! I'd like to see you actually address some community concerns over the lag and dare I say PvP

They dont care about PVP and also they dont care about anything cannot be sold on cartel market so dont expect anything from them, and what do you mean with community? if you mean pvp community there is no such thing on bioware's opinion since it is a fact that pvp players are least cartel coin spenders if you mean pve community they will fix that door on corratani on patch 5.3 and there is no time table for other patches. If you mean community that decorates stronghold and gears their toons differently everytime (the sims community) than they will listen to you.

Edited by omeru

Too bad I have a raid at the same time but I'm looking forward to watching the VOD and get a preview of 3.2. :)

I don't care so much about the story but what repeatable content are we going to get, specifically what we can find on Ziost outside of the one-time story - daily quests, a world boss, maybe even flashpoints?

They ARE alive! I'd like to see you actually address some community concerns over the lag and dare I say PvP

They'll probably won't talk much about this at all. I expect it to be tailored to getting a lot of 3.2 info out as they want, which is perfectly fine. I do hope they start doing streams more often like they said they would, with the Q&A being something perfect for questions about PvP & the such.

if you mean pvp community there is no such thing on bioware's opinion since it is a fact that pvp players are least cartel coin spenders if you mean pve community they will fix that door on corratani on patch 5.3 and there is no time table for other patches. If you mean community that decorates stronghold and gears their toons differently everytime (the sims community) than they will listen to you.

You got a link to back up that BS?

Or... The Slot Machine :rak_01:

Like they said Slot Machines worked as intended, they wanted to sell that slot machines and cartel packs and people bought it and after they sold enough it wasnt needed to be broken so they fixed it and now it is completeley useless. I even forgotted i have one of those and now you reminded me how i cheated and made me angry :mad:

You got a link to back up that BS?

They dont care pvp community and my proof is there is no pvp content more than a year now and there is no class balance for pvp and latest changes for classes are not being done thinking pvp (like enrage deffence buff)

Check developer tracker and how many pvp related subject you can find there. 1 for season 4 announcment 2 for about win traders and one of them didnt satisfied any pvpers since they just said we will let win traders enough time to get enough points for rewards and we will warn them.

For pve they didnt fixed most of the bugs in new opses they even cancelled speed run for bug on corratani door since they didnt have enough time to fix it hello you had 3 months to fix it. Mando merc healer set bonus items are bugged they said they will fix old ones on 3.1.1 and didnt fixed tham, nbot sure but pt-vg 6th piece also bugged. More than 3 months and didnt fixed. PVE players get a lot new content even they are bugged.

About cartel market items, check developer trackers most of the posts are cartel market related. Any bug on a cartel market item is fixed new available patch even they are not affectinf game play just make up for game.

None of bug reports on pvp forum got any reply from a developer and last time a moderator did something on pvp forum deleting space ship items bolster bug posts.

I hope this satisfies you.

P.S. About pvpers being least spender in game it is just my personal opinion i saw players around me.

But everyone already unsubbed :(

:rak_04:

^ This

They dont care pvp community and my proof is there is no pvp content more than a year now and there is no class balance for pvp and latest changes for classes are not being done thinking pvp (like enrage deffence buff)

Check developer tracker and how many pvp related subject you can find there. 1 for season 4 announcment 2 for about win traders and one of them didnt satisfied any pvpers since they just said we will let win traders enough time to get enough points for rewards and we will warn them.

For pve they didnt fixed most of the bugs in new opses they even cancelled speed run for bug on corratani door since they didnt have enough time to fix it hello you had 3 months to fix it. Mando merc healer set bonus items are bugged they said they will fix old ones on 3.1.1 and didnt fixed tham, nbot sure but pt-vg 6th piece also bugged. More than 3 months and didnt fixed. PVE players get a lot new content even they are bugged.

About cartel market items, check developer trackers most of the posts are cartel market related. Any bug on a cartel market item is fixed new available patch even they are not affectinf game play just make up for game.

None of bug reports on pvp forum got any reply from a developer and last time a moderator did something on pvp forum deleting space ship items bolster bug posts.

P.S. About pvpers being least spender in game it is just my personal opinion i saw players around me.

^ And this.

Combine them :

There won't be any PvP player left on the game soon if BW doesn't get their fingers out quickly.

First promising MMO released will suck their playerbase out of SWTOR, and they will finally understand that they did everything wrong with 3.0 and 2015 "Road Ticket" (you can't call that a map).

Edited by DarkNecroCrusher

Could we PLEASE get a preview of the Appearance Changer? I am tired of hearing about it with no one knowing what it REALLY is, and would like to confirm exactly what it is. If it is what people (like myself) are wanting, it is one of the only reasons I haven't unsubbed yet.... Edited by DarthVengeant

Why arent you posting it in other timezones? Having to look it up every time you announce a time for stuff is getting annoying :3

Also hopefully something more than "Hi guys. Ziost will be a daily area. Have a nice weekend!"

Also who is whatshisface?(no2 on the list)

My guess is that pvpers are as dedicated to this game as anyone, is made up of mostly mostly subs and probably contributes as much as any group to the cartel market (especially with all of the server hopping many pvpers do). Your other post implied otherwise and that's probably what Rita was calling BS.

Edited by Savej

Why arent you posting it in other timezones? Having to look it up every time you announce a time for stuff is getting annoying :3

Also hopefully something more than "Hi guys. Ziost will be a daily area. Have a nice weekend!"

Also who is whatshisface?(no2 on the list)

It takes 5 seconds in google search. And if you DONT know the time difference after playing the game awhile then you have no one to blame but yourself.

I typically dont post, but I cant take it anymore.

This PVP stuff. I understand, I get it. I have the advantage of Playing BOTH PVP and PVE.

Lets lay down a simple rough timeline, and simple facts. Please note, that I am not focusing on balance, this is more about content and "Abandoning" a group vs anything else.

Dread Fortress/Dread Palace were released back in October 2013. OCTOBER 2013. Shadow of Revan was accessible to PART of the SWTOR community on Dec 1st, 2014. There is a 14 month gap there! And before someone mentions anything about HM and NIM, let me point out that NIM and HM modes would be INSANELY easier than doing all the math to try to figure out balance, or designing a WZ that can have next to no bugs where you could get stuck (Thanks to the Hero Engine's Method of handling Meshes, I assume). Your just adding Mechanics that are meant to PROBABLY kill people, not ensure surviability to a reasonable degree or try to bring 8 separate classes that should theoretically be completely different come out to do the roughly the same amount of damage (Let But lets ignore the balance again.)

Conversely the newest Huttball map came out on April 8th, 2014. Compared to the above, it has been 11 months. And during our current drought, they have been working on class balance and even went so far as to re-do skill trees, which was a move that really only Benefited PVPers. Yes, PVErs got some benefits out of it, I wont lie. But the Hybrid specs would have probably been left alone if it wasn't for the mess they were making in PVP.

Also, historically speaking, PVP balance has always been favored over PVE balance. Not always of course, saying such would be stupid, but for sure favored.

Now I won't lie and say that we playing PVP have the golden apple, and PVErs have nothing, because thats not true. But if you look at the facts, if you want to Call PVP abandoned, you have to call PVE abandoned as well, as more care is taken with PVP than PVE. Once PVE is released, a few adjustments are made and its left alone. PVP gets alot more via micro updates then that.

Like I said, I understand what your saying, playing PVP myself. And I won't say they have done a Fantastic, or great job on the PVP. I would hope for new maps more frequently then what we are getting. I would like class balance done faster. I would REALLY like them to add a new objective to PVP, or do something more with space. But us PVPers DO NOT have any ground to stand on to be claiming that PVP has been Abandoned due to all the micro patches, and the fact that we haven't hit a year and 2 months, unlike the last PVE patch before SOR.

I apologize if I have offended anyone. This is not directed at anyone, heck, I've been typing so much I'm not even sure if I'm on the right thread anymore. Its just, the abandon theme I see so much...And it drives me crazy! Its not that we have been abandoned, its just that they are slow with content!

Edited by Wedge-Antillies
typo

We ALL know they don't care about PvP. Musco has even said that. So there was no need to explain. But you said PvPers spend less money on Cartel crap. So was questioning the source.

It's not hard to make half a map,then copy it to make a whole one for pvp but I guess Bioware have the kind of developers where ask them 'can you dig me half a hole?' - they will reply 'how deep would you like it?'

OMG - Community event and a live stream to boot. I about fell out of my chair when I saw this post.

Hopefully it's not full of "Soon" crap answers and we get some real Q&A this stream.

Likely topics on most people's minds:

• Better than Cross Server PVP
  • Q-Sync and Cheating in PVP
  • Costume Designer Blog/update?
  • Hardmarish OPS PVE with <10 Guilds full clears - Why do NIM then?
  • Slot machine - Cartel Certs (Ya - I said it...)

I can't remember the exact statement, but one of the dev's said something along the lines that the "Better than cross-server" thing wasn't intended to be said like it was, and it would be impossible to do "Better than cross server" pvp to help queues or something to that effect.

Will the tier requirements for season 4 be also announced during the stream? Sneak peek at the rewards? It's about a month left before 3.2 is rolled out, unless the schedule was changed. Season 3's tiers were announced a month before the season ended as well. Could we get some info please?

I can't remember the exact statement, but one of the dev's said something along the lines that the "Better than cross-server" thing wasn't intended to be said like it was, and it would be impossible to do "Better than cross server" pvp to help queues or something to that effect.

Eric did a livestream with Snave and yes thats how it was said. He wouldn't go into details and Snave actually asked "Will I be happy with this".. answer was "I don't know, I think so..." or something along the lines.

Bottom line: If thats TRUE (I don't think it is) then they need to stop saying stupid crap like (Blog on Costume Designer Soon - 2 months later nothing) and not backing it up or following up with information.

Eric did a livestream with Snave and yes thats how it was said. He wouldn't go into details and Snave actually asked "Will I be happy with this".. answer was "I don't know, I think so..." or something along the lines.

Bottom line: If thats TRUE (I don't think it is) then they need to stop saying stupid crap like (Blog on Costume Designer Soon - 2 months later nothing) and not backing it up or following up with information.

Honestly though, you have to admit. What could be better then "Cross Server PVP?" Heh.

Anyway, If they talk about the Costume designer, I would be very happy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.