The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No more Unload/Full auto. we want a replacement.

stlin

Didn't even have it keybinded.

Useless for both PVE & PVE. Rarely used it, don't know another PT who did use it either:confused:.

I personally think we also dont need another skill to replace it, I wouldn't shrug at an additional passive ability but there was no need for it bofore, or now.

Do not look for welcome here.

(Kudos, if you know what I quoted.)

Back on topic: I miss Full Auto/Unload for two reasons: it was one of the few abilities that actually used the rifle/pistol, and you could use it to unstealth people in PvP, especially as a tank with that bit of elemental damage that Ion Cell/Ion Gas Cylinder provided. So, despite the fact that it looked weird as hell on the Powertech, I still miss it.

I have been vanguard tanking since before launch. While it is true that a tank's primary job in a group is not to do damage, but to grab the attention of the mobs and keep them focused on the tank. The Vanguard Tank is a "ranged tank" with no ranged single target damage ability, other than hammer shot, how is that ranged? Why does everyone but me have a channeled ability? I don't see anyone taking ravage from my Sith Juggernaut or Master Strike from my Guardian.

What happened a bunch of wimp PVP players that don't know how to play their toons not understand the concept of breaking LOS?

I am not always in a group. I sometimes have to do damage to a single target. My Storm does have a cool down, unlike my Guardian's force leap.

When I want to play a Melee Tank I play my Guardian. I want my ranged tank to have ranged abilities, is that really so hard to comprehend?

I don't see anyone taking ravage from my Sith Juggernaut or Master Strike from my Guardian.

Yeah, take away the hardest hitting ability from Vengeance / Vigilance... These two are built around Ravage/Master Strike.

Next...

Ya see, my Bounty Hunter has this pistol he is supposed to shoot, but never does now. The thing is all customized with special looks and color crystals, but he just waves it around now and shoots all his attacks from this unseen wrist-thingy that pops out of his off-hand. Wrist-thingy has no crystal or special looks and you can't even modify it so I am thinking, well duh-oh, why doesn't the Bounty Hunter shoot Rail-Shot and some other attacks out of the gun like the Trooper does?

This^^^

It's kind of stupid to have a Bounty Hunter with a useless pistol/carbine. If you wanted to reduce the damage fine, but removing the ability altogether without any kind of replacement ablilty? Just stupid. Solo PVE is pretty boring without it. It's not just about doing DPS and Tanking. The Star Warsy experience isn't waving your Jedi hand over the pistol and saying "this is not the blaster you are looking for." Just plain stupid.

Edited by tbrian

This^^^

It's kind of stupid to have a Bounty Hunter with a useless pistol/carbine. If you wanted to reduce the damage fine, but removing the ability altogether without any kind of replacement ablilty? Just stupid. Solo PVE is pretty boring without it. It's not just about doing DPS and Tanking. The Star Warsy experience isn't waving your Jedi hand over the pistol and saying "this is not the blaster you are looking for." Just plain stupid.

If you don't use your mainhand weapon as VG/PT you're doing it wrong.

When you're too far from boss it's still better to use even the basic attack. Yes, I know it doesn't do that much damage but damage is still higher than 0 dps.

Edited by Halinalle

Yeah, take away the hardest hitting ability from Vengeance / Vigilance... These two are built around Ravage/Master Strike.

Next...

My Shadow has a channeled single target damage ability, my Guardian has a channeled single target damage ability, My Vanguard does not. If you are going to take it away from one, why not all three?

What is wrong? PVP players don't know their toon enough to be able to use interrupts or break line of sight?

My Shadow has a channeled single target damage ability, my Guardian has a channeled single target damage ability, My Vanguard does not. If you are going to take it away from one, why not all three?

What is wrong? PVP players don't know their toon enough to be able to use interrupts or break line of sight?

Don't mix shadows in this, their channeled ability is a key ability, their whole rotation revolves around it. For vg/pt full auto is pretty much pointless, you are NOT a ranged tank, that doesnt exist. MS/Ravage is needed for both Vengeance/Vigilance and Carnage/Combat both, you can't take it away from Warriors/Knights(I play all 3 kind of tanks, thx)

So why does my Bounty Hunter/PT have a Blaster if he never fires it? Well? I think you acted before you thought of the consequences BW. The complete fix was to shift some of the PT attacks over to the Blaster if you were removing all but the basic attack power from the Blaster. So do that by the next patch for the PowerTech, please. We game and the game must not look boring, repetitive. Characters must battle with flourish and bravado and look cool.

And no back-talk on this. You just agree or say nothing because it is just a Quality of Life improvement that is obviously overlooked by BW.

For those PT/VG Tanks that are crying about not using your pistol at all, you are DEFINITELY needing to L2P. Rapid Shot is a necessary filler, since it procs Ion Cell, which grants Heat Screen, which lowers the cool down on Heat Blast.

Beyond that, the only real use that Unload served for a PT/VG (in a PvE aspect) was tied to TSO for heat management. The damage done on it was quite lacking due to the innate buffs that Merc/Mandos have baked into their ACs.

Please, just effin stop this.