Kai Zykken...

DeLaaNie

It's their job as community manager. If you get butthurt from people complaining about your game you got the wrong job.

Like I said in another post Musco and his team can only tell us what their BOSS says they can. This is true for anyone in a job position such as theirs.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite sure what he meant was that something trivial like this gets a gold post while there is barely any communication about more important things. It's a bit unfair of course, since we don't know if Musco as a community manager could've done more to get the devs to comment on those things or not, but the toxicity here is bred by BW and their handling of affairs and no one else IMO.

No, the toxicity here is bred by the immaturity of many of the posters, it's one of the reasons I rarely post here. You can post concerns with the game without the snarky childish attitude like the one I responded to.

Honestly, I can understand the devs desire to avoid posting when they get responses like they do on seemingly innocuous posts like Musco's in this thread. I'm sure they are more than aware of bugs and other things that need fixing in the game. They shouldn't need to post to tell us they are fixing bugs because it should be taken as a given that they are doing that.

Ah the usual swtor.com general, 90% moaning there isn't enough developer communication, 10% ripping a new rear hole to any gold post in sight.

Gee I wodner why the devs arent here communicating all the time, it's such a pleasant environment. Who wouldn't want sarcastic passive agressive BS 24/7? :rolleyes:

Wow, I have to say I feel kinda sorry for Eric. He tried to fit in with us, and thwap! It's like the new kid who tried to make friends at a new school and got beat up for showing his face in their clique.

Probably won't speak to us anymore, just like the rest of them.

And they do...when they have something to tell us. But people like you wonder why we dont' get MORE from them...well here ya go, buttercup. Guy, who has NOTHING TO DO WITH BUG FIXES, get's chastised for making a joke.

do you get it yet?

and "butthurt" ? really? sorry I got out of grade school a long time ago...lol, great way to sound intelligent. Try using something a bit higher than highschool internet lingo if you actually want anything you say mean anything at all.

I'm sorry if it displeases you I am not so versed in your language, please be assured I am incredibly embarassed.

And no, I don't get it yet. If you get so pissed about people not being happy with your product that you stop communicating, you got the wrong job. Simple as that.

They just don't communicate. And even if bugfixes are not the part of communication he is responsible for, there are MORE than enough other things to communicate about. Or are you telling me he's getting paid for making a joke once a week? :)

Edited by DynamiCtagez

I'm sorry if it displeases you I am not so versed in your language, please be assured I am incredibly embarassed.

And no, I don't get it yet. If you get so pissed about people not being happy with your product that you stop communicating, you got the wrong job. Simple as that.

They just don't communicate. And even if bugfixes are not the part of communication he is responsible for, there are MORE than enough other things to communicate about. Or are you telling me he's getting paid for making a joke once a week? :)

Want bust chops? Fine thats you're right, but do it in a RELEVANT thread. This is just being an *** when for one of the rare moments we get a spark of enjoyment from a Community Mod when we people pretty much say Eric and the others don't give a **** about the game.

Edited by Nickious

Wow, I have to say I feel kinda sorry for Eric. He tried to fit in with us, and thwap! It's like the new kid who tried to make friends at a new school and got beat up for showing his face in their clique.

While kind of agree....If his skin that thin then he's in the wrong position....just saying :rolleyes:

While kind of agree....If his skin that thin then he's in the wrong position....just saying :rolleyes:

If it was just one comment I'd agree. However, almost every time one of them makes a post that doesn't fit the kind of post the people want they make snide remarks. After enough time even people with thick skin would say enough is enough.

Something like "lol" for instance?

not the same. But I don't have to tell you that.

using "lol" as short for laughing isn't even the same as the childishness that is the term "butthurt"

but again I didn't really have to say that.

but nice attempt, kiddo. 3/10..extra point for such an absurd comparison

Before being critical of someones intellect based upon a forum post, perhaps you should make sure your reply is phrased correctly. Not doing so makes you look silly.

I know you just wait to find something to attack that I say since your absurd stance on what a "scam" is and the thread about decimals being hard...but try harder bud.

That was the result of quick typing and not proofreading...make me look silly? hardly. diminish my point? some, sure.

But not even close. Try harder TUX. there's no decimals in this one.

No he is just like the crappy salesman who tries to sell a product with sweet words but fails terribly because product itself is faulty and it shows.

On topic of kai zykken : "No speak basic!! umm..ni wana wonga??" :D

Edited by BrintoSFJ

No he is just like the crappy salesman who tries to sell a product with sweet words but fails terribly because product itself is faulty and it shows.

You seem quite upset by another human being over a video game.

wow...way to insult someone you don't even know.

It's posts just like yours that demean, or insult that make me wonder why they would say anything to us at all.

Take your whining to a relevant thread.

You seem quite upset by another human being over a video game.

wow...way to insult someone you don't even know.

It's posts just like yours that demean, or insult that make me wonder why they would say anything to us at all.

Take your whining to a relevant thread.

I just gave a proper definition to the incident him popping in and then bashed around for the issues that needs to be answered but being ignored. nothing more or less.

Edited by BrintoSFJ

Hmm, well I didn't take Eric's comment that way. I think he just really likes Kai Zykken, enough to say so. I'm just saying that he tried to crack a joke and share something with us, and it wasn't welcome to a lot of people. I'm thinking if we were a bit more easy going with some of these staff people, maybe they'd talk to us even more, even if it's just in fun. It has to start somewhere.

Why act like a school of pirrahas with them? *shrug*

PS. That was a good line, I did chuckle when Kai Zykken started speaking Huttese.

Edited by Lunafox

No, the toxicity here is bred by the immaturity of many of the posters, it's one of the reasons I rarely post here. You can post concerns with the game without the snarky childish attitude like the one I responded to.

Honestly, I can understand the devs desire to avoid posting when they get responses like they do on seemingly innocuous posts like Musco's in this thread. I'm sure they are more than aware of bugs and other things that need fixing in the game. They shouldn't need to post to tell us they are fixing bugs because it should be taken as a given that they are doing that.

I'd like this to ring true, but sadly it just doesn't for me. They don't really have a history in fixing bugs and exploits(without breaking something else) in a timely fashion. So yes, I'd welcome it if they at least let us know that they acknowledge certain problems with the game and are working hard on fixing them.

Also it reflects poorly on them if they don't own up to their mistakes IMO. The state of SoR from launch up till now in case of several OPs encounters and the handling of the slot machines release and subsequent nerf would've warranted an appology at the very least.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.