My last day subbed :) This is my last message for you.

NogueiraA

Nice video and just sums up how out dated this game is. At least the Guild Wars 2 team add content, communicate and don't focus on Cartel markets. Oh and its better optimised.

My sub runs out soon and I will be joining you. The Old Republic is just that....OLD and its being steered by a group of uninspired loons

in guild wars you can't see **** the particle effects are horrible. you just see random colors splashing about.Like you take random buckets of paint and you throw them at a wall one after the other.

an aoe mess,clusterfuk.also the clips you showed don't do proper justice on what horrible clusterfuk gw2 pvp really is.

also gw2 doesn't have end game content,doesn't have fps and raids,and doesn't have class holy trinity.everything is a horrible mess in group pve content.

i was thinking of giving my old Thief a shot,but after so much swtor, i am ruined for all other mmos, thanks for changing my mind and for making me stay on the right course.

Edited by Kaedusz

Woah! Overwhelmed to underwhelmed... Still game is fun, I guess. ;)

MMO's are not always about what you get, it's about what you put into it and what you make of it. So GW2 is great if you enjoy that sort of PvP, personally I don't but to each there own GL tho! :)

Edited by CKNORTH

in guild wars you can't see **** the particle effects are horrible. you just see random colors splashing about. an aoe mess,clusterfuk.also the clips you showed don't do proper justice on what horrible clusterfuk gw2 pvp really is.

i was thinking of giving my old Thief a shot,but after so much swtor, i am ruined for all other mmos, thanks for changing my mind and for making me stay on the right course.

My point is not Gw2, could be any other MMO. I can't stand 19fps warzones so I moved on to a game that have a good engine.

You are not wrong when you say it's a clusterfuk aoe atacks, it's different. Bad? No, you just get used to it, swtor is much simpler. But again this is not my point.

I can't stand 19fps warzones so I moved on to a game that have a good engine.

well gw2 is just an easier game on the pc.It was made so for a reason,cus of WvW.

i personally don't have any problems with swtor's performance.

Edited by Kaedusz

well gw2 is just an easier game on the pc.It was made so for a reason,cus of WvW.

i personally don't have any problems with swtor's performance.

You and other 2 players doesn't have any problems, but the vast majority does (or do?). I see people with $6,000 rig running 16m ops @25fps.. And they get mad and unhappy with the game.

If Swtor runs at 60+fps I'd never leave the game. I showed my reality, I'm not speaking for anyone other than myself.

I wanted to mention only the graphics and animations.

SWTOR is way above any other MMO.

I still need to see any game that would be in SWTOR art range.

This of course does not eliminate other problems this game has, but really the "world PvP" is the last thing we should worry.

After 3 years it should be rather clear to "other style" players that it is a STORY driven game, not just random instances of PVP everywhere. The engine cannot accommodate hordes or players trying to kill another horde?

Sure, because it was never designed for it!

And the guy you have "ganked" for the sake of your need to destroy someone else's game experience.

The less likeminded people, the better.

and yes, I PvP too. in War Zones where it belongs.

EDIT: I absolutely DO NOT want your stuff.

Edited by Przemo_No
add

My sub runs out next week, I am currently leaning heavily towards not renewing it. To put it bluntly, of the three games I play.. SWTOR just doesn't work, STILL, months after they broke it with 3.0.

Seriously, how the **** do you expect people to spend money on things you can't, as devs, be bothered to fix.

yup right behind ya, unsubbed as well Guild Wars 2 will keep me occupied till Star Citizen is released :cool:

One day I hope to be a space trucker!

Anyway, @ the OP. Best of luck to you. I know I certainly haven't had much interest in playing SWTOR for the past few months. A lack of new and creative content, poor system performance and the general dull grind to make my gear relevant again just didn't seem very appealing.

Dragon Age Inquisition was also a very fun distraction that has plenty of possible concepts that could be incorporated into SWTOR, "Agents", Fortresses and some of the "cut content".

Edited by Lord_of_Mu

You and other 2 players doesn't have any problems, but the vast majority does (or do?). I see people with $6,000 rig running 16m ops @25fps.. And they get mad and unhappy with the game.

If Swtor runs at 60+fps I'd never leave the game. I showed my reality, I'm not speaking for anyone other than myself.

Agree....this game would get a nice shot in the arm if BW would just address and fix the horrible performance issues it currently has. My rig didn't cost $6k but it's up there and I spent a lot of money on components so I wouldn't have these issues. Since launch I have played off and on and during that time have played on 3 separate rigs and I can't recall this game ever running smooth at all. You don't even need to run WZs or OPs to see how much of a mess the Hero Engine is working, hell just play in certain areas to witness your FPS drop and stuttering to start.

I just came back from playing ESO and was hoping SWTOR would have it's **** together. I want to stay and give BW my money but they don't seem to care even though there is enough people griping about performance on the forums.

I7 @ 4.3ghz

GTX 980 SLI (tried playing with only 1 and it didn't resolve anything)

16GB RAM

Edited by Techronomicon

It still blows my mind that people PvP in this game. How is it fun? ability delay, FPS issues, and the stun fest. I like to PvP just not in this game. I PvP leveled 2 of my first 4 toons and when ability delay hit, I was done. That was before ranked even came out.

If Ops and or RP/story are not your focus, I don't know what your still doing here.

I will say that I have i7@ 3.4 12G ram GTX 780 TI and the performance is laughable on this game. But it is the only Star Wars MMO.

This of course does not eliminate other problems this game has, but really the "world PvP" is the last thing we should worry.

After 3 years it should be rather clear to "other style" players that it is a STORY driven game, not just random instances of PVP everywhere. The engine cannot accommodate hordes or players trying to kill another horde?

Sure, because it was never designed for it!

And the guy you have "ganked" for the sake of your need to destroy someone else's game experience.

The less likeminded people, the better.

and yes, I PvP too. in War Zones where it belongs.

EDIT: I absolutely DO NOT want your stuff.

The Secret World, Destiny, Defiance; just to name a few.

It's funny that both PVE and PVP players are disappointed. When one thinks about it, one would guess that a PVP player leaves the game because Bioware focus heavily on the PVE aspect of the game and vice versa.

I cancelled my sub once again but for a complete different reason which is PVE and GSF.

* The expansion story that can be finished in 5 days at most (in working day anyway).

* By that time you have already seen all the cutscenes and it's the same thing while playing other characters, so you skip and finish its story in even shorter time. I think the expansion can be finished in 4 hours total.

*We were waiting over a year for new operations when they should be released regularly every 5 or 6 months

*GSF hasn't been updated for a year. You play the same 4 maps in just 2 modes for 12 months. How fun is that!

Edited by PavSalco

I like SWTOR...I really like it ALOT actually. The story, the timeline, the in game characters, the community.

FPS problems I'm not having much issues with but if there is anything this game needs is to be the same business model as ESO:TU or EvE Online and soon WoW with the plex/tokens for game time. B2P would have suited this game. The pay gates when your a FPS is horrible :(

Oh and bring back at least one Australian server back.

Nce vid, but allow me 1 question:

who cares bout pvp ? swtor never was a good pvp game. it was always some kind of "doing it" like pve space combat. so ir u just care for pvp u played the wrong game for 3 years....

Nce vid, but allow me 1 question:

who cares bout pvp ? swtor never was a good pvp game. it was always some kind of "doing it" like pve space combat. so ir u just care for pvp u played the wrong game for 3 years....

Well, I was thinking of doing the same comparisons but showing the PVE stuff, the vid would have 15 minutes :p

I can do it, you'll be surprised. :)

My ultimate last straw would be, if they made the game totally balanced, thats when I will quit. If I wanted to play a game like WoW that makes every class balanced and less diverse, then I why would I go to another game that is the same thing? So tired of nerfs and class balancing that is solely based on PVP reasons.

Great video, thanks for creating and sharing it!

It's always sad to see players go but your reasons are fully understandable and so true. SWTOR will forever be plagued by its engine; no matter how many improvements they put into it, it just cannot compete with other games who are not held up by engine problems. Like WoW's head of IT

:

We try not to tell the developers “no” unless physics gets in the way. You know, so far, to date we can only push light so fast. We have to say no at that point but otherwise we try and figure out a way that we can make the vision come to life.

This would be unthinkable in SWTOR. Every content needs to be designed with the engine in mind, there's not much room for big events because the engine always gets in the way.

Also, the current bugs are just the continuation of the trend we've seen throughout all of 2014 - no big patches, delay of GSH, lacking yellow posts on important issues, senior staff moved over to Shadow Realms, more bugs and missing translations than before. At the time, we assumed it was budget cuts, and it has only gotten worse with 3.0.

It would be great if they can get this game under control and get you to come back, but honstly I doubt it. :(

Edited by Jerba

I'm actually in pretty much exactly the same mindset at this point. also on shadowlands, actually shifting more and more into GW2 (having already played on and off about a year and a half), and hell even the first character I got to lvl 80 in GW2 was a d/d ele although I also play a hammer/gs warrior and pd condi thief

I wil say, though, the only thing I have ever done in GW2 was wvw because it's literally the only part of GW2 I enjoy (although I haven't tried the other parts much) - but that element of the game all by itself is so incredibly awesome it's kept me playing. Whether I'm roaming by myself on the BL maps, capturing whatever we can as small guild group, doing gvgs, joining the occasional zerg - it's awesome. Just lastnight we had a fight over a keep on EBG that lasted literally 2 hours and then turned into a fight over SM that lasted another 45 minutes.

Not only that, I'm not sure if you were playing when ANET introduced Obsidian Sanctum, but that came about because players were holding informal duels on the BL maps as a community, and anet actually created an entire seperate map just for that (where BL buffs wouldn't affect gvg or duels, and they wouldn't interfere with queues of ppl trying to wvw and not duel or gvg), because they actually listened to player feedback and are actually adding worthwhile stuff to their game rather than leaving it stagnant or removing content altogether like swtor has done. And since I've been playing they've changed the BL maps twice, added 2 entire new maps, and are releasing an expansion with even more WVW content (along with spvp and pve content, and a new profession iirc)

Absolutely, ridiculously awesome having open world battles with 50-100 ppl or even smaller scale skirmishes with guildmates (or guild vs guild fights in OS) or duels as a solo roamer, and as your video mentioned my FPS is 50+ constant despite literally a hundred characters on my screen doing particle effects and my graphics set to high textures - while in SWTOR I'll often lag in 4 ppl FP let alone WZs. Some of my most epic moments in GW2 were my guild group destroying a zerg more than double our size, and in SWTOR that would just never happen because of the technical limitations of the engine and the staggering lack of content or even just simple professionalism we've seen since release from BW Austin. That wasn't a structured, scripted op or the same WZ or ranked arena we had run hundreds of time - it was a spontaneous and haphazard decision to charge into a mob of red names because YOLO (I think someone actually yelled that on TS), why the hell not do it. And any given time I log into the game that can happen, I mean it's freaking awesome.

I mean GW2 kind of has this charm all its own, like instead of just being a cookie cutter wow clone they went out and tried to forge their own path and do their own thing - and tbh, not all of it worked imo, although many of the players and friends I've made in that game love the parts of the game I just never do

I could go on for hours about the customization option GW2 has in terms of build diversity (one warrior I see while roaming could be entirely different from the last, etc) or the fantastic way they handle gear (the gear I got in 30 seconds after turning 80 a year ago is still completely 100% fine for wvw in every regard), but above all else I have never once questioned anything anet has done. Never once have they said something then backtracked, or made any one of the unfathomable amount of almost daily mistakes and missed promises and potential BW continues to do unabated 3 years into the game's life. If you asked every player of GW2 I have no doubt there would be those who disagreed with that, but idc after 3 years of BioWare it's a welcome change to see a fantastic open world pvp being managed by a company who actually knows what in the hell they're doing.

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

Graphically, cut scenes are about the only place TOR shines. In-game graphics of pretty much every major modern MMO with the exception of WoW are on par with or destroy ToR. No reflections, no true water effects, no ability for swimming/immersion, inconsistent frame rates, inconsistent lighting effects are just a few of the major ways that TOR is behind everyone else. Still running Direct X 9? Check.

I too just moved on to GW2. I'm buying unlocks tomorrow or Friday and will still be using one of my toons I guess, but I'm pretty much done with this game.

GW 2 is just filler for me...play it when I'm bored, or just wanting something quick to hop into. It hasn't, and never will, occupy my time the way SWTOR does. These two games don't even compare, imo. SWTOR is hands down a better game in pretty much all aspects.