Names?

SteveCollinz

Well, me, personally, I'm creative. :cool:

My char names are Tsurugi (Male Inquisitor), Faeralyn (Female Warrior), Perridot (Female Agent), Univerba (Female BH), Anjii (Male Knight), Lerato (Male Consular), Asadi (Female Trooper) and Minum (Male Smuggler)

"Spacify" names. Ashlynn becomes Aishilynne (Taken on a couple servers, my main sage, and a few more sages on other servers). Sophia became Sophria. I have a Fem!Troop Cathar named Pixil, after Heinlein's Cat Who Walked Through Walls... And my cat is named after the same one.

Hyphens. I have a One-Four (long backstory as to why she has that name, and isn't a cyborg/droid).

You could think of a name you like (which will, of course, be taken), and tweak it. Some examples:

Add and/or change vowels: Nadia --> Naidia, Nadie

Add an extra consonant: Lana --> Lanna

Add mostly silent h's: Jaesa --> Jhaesa, Jaesah

Add an apostrophe: Ashara --> A'shara, Ash'ara

Add to the end of the name:

For female names, try -ia, -a, -na, -ie, and other suffixes with a high sound/vowel end: Kira --> Kiraia, Risha --> Rishana

Male names are a bit tougher. Try -th, -anth, -on, and other sounds that don't have a higher pitch: Torian --> Torianth

Depending on what you have in mind and what server you are on though, you may have to do more than one of these things. :p Some people prefer using alt codes though, it is a matter of taste. Best of luck naming your Jedi!

I used the fantasynamegenerators site. All I did was Google something like Chiss name generator and that site is usually the first one on the list. It gives you a great selection of names to choose from. Edited by Tahirri

I have a Fem!Troop Cathar named Pixil, after Heinlein's Cat Who Walked Through Walls... And my cat is named after the same one.

Blert!

here is a site for star wars name generator.

Might help.

http://www.dimfuture.net/starwars/random/generate.php

This is the one I use to generate names for my d20 tabletop NPCs. I've found it doesn't work as well as I'd like for TOR, because the naming "uniqueness" comes largely from the combination of first and last names (although I'm still tempted to make a Bounty Hunter called -- actual RNG name -- "Jett Balls"). I typically end up simply using the RNG in the character creator; if only it didn't keep suggesting names that are already taken. Sigh.

Come up with a good Legacy name. As an example (don't you dare use this!), I use Pants. This makes naming my characters very very easy (I have Capri, Under, Pajama, Biggboy, among others).

My wife uses Cake. Lots of options there, too (she has Carrott and Pow'nd, among others). "The Risen" title works quite well with many of her choices.

Face, Pie and many others will work well as Legacy names, too, and make it much easier to come up with names for your character.

"Spacify" names. Ashlynn becomes Aishilynne (Taken on a couple servers, my main sage, and a few more sages on other servers). Sophia became Sophria. I have a Fem!Troop Cathar named Pixil, after Heinlein's Cat Who Walked Through Walls... And my cat is named after the same one.

Hyphens. I have a One-Four (long backstory as to why she has that name, and isn't a cyborg/droid).

So is mine (the cat) :)

Nice to now there is other Heinlein fans in the game :)

i reley dont wan to say this, but i have to now.

this game is so esey. i mean, all you do is hit the spacebar. thats it! how is this an RPG anyway? you cant contrail anything but what it says on the screen! what if i didnt want to buy the potion? what apout quests? all you can upgrade is stranth? there is no way you can lose to the boss at the end! this game is crap! its not even an RPG at all! i mean look at it! in what way is this supposed to be an RPG if you can do quests and stuff? all you do is press one butten the entier time! explain to me! the athore coments al totol lies! is it supposed to be stick dudes? i dont even know how this damn game got the daily 3rd prize, or a rating of 4.26! pepole think this review is worthles.

go ahead! say it! i dont care! im just trying to make a point here!

blam this piece of crap!!!!

P.S the only reson im giving this a 1 is beacuase the voices where pretty good. but thats it!

Edited by theSCARAYone

I have been trying for almost two days to come up with a good name for a Jedi knight lol. I have tried all the names i think sound good or names from stuff i am interested in but to no avail. How do you guys (the SW:ToR community) come up with your names?

:ph_thank_you:

> Drinking a dark and stormy while rolling an operative.

> Pondering the magicz of Shaw Scope Cinema, covert energy gear, and Bruce Lee while rolling a sent

> Drinking Stoli while bruised as hell with fractured foot bones the day after doing real well at a kickboxing tournament, and not feeling very inspired for a consular name.

> I like BBQ.

Edited by Joesixxpack