The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ziost = Spring or Summer? ( Clarification Please, BW )

Darth_Wicked

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, thanks for the clarification anway. But this is still a little depressing to me. Two years ago, we'd get updates this size every 6-8 weeks, not twice a year. Hopefully, 3.2 will be more than a daily area, and the second large update this year will be bigger than one of the old Game Updates. :)

The language "major update" was that there would be two that focus on advancing the overarching story, not that those two are the only ones that will have content.

That being said, they've definitely been playing fast and loose with what counts as enough content to carry an update (*cough*2.8*cough*3.1*cough*), but Bruce's letter wasn't saying that we're only getting two content updates in 2015.

Ugh, April 28 does make for an 11-week cycle instead of their previously advertised 9-week cadence (which was itself a change from their 8-week cadence, which was a change from their 6-8 week cadence, etc.). If that's all you were commenting on, I apologize for misunderstanding your point.

Edited by DarthDymond

Bioware hasn't been communicating with the community before, why would they start now?

I'm happy to be shocked, but frankly I suspect the double talk is part of the plan to keep people full of hope...

They usually will answer questions like this, ones they can give a definitive answer yes or no answer, or expressed confusion about double talk, as they did in turn do. Not much in terms of controversy compared to, say a changed slot machine.

Edited by Nickious

I can tell you that it is still our target for 3.2 to hit on April 28th! As with any dates those are our targets and are subject to change. Fear not dscount, no up in arms needed at this time. :rak_03:

-eric

Great communication! Now tell us next Community Stream date where we will ask questions about Slot Machine and why you hid information about nuked Certification drops :rak_01:

I am late to the party, but thanks for the update. :D

I can tell you that it is still our target for 3.2 to hit on April 28th! As with any dates those are our targets and are subject to change. Fear not dscount, no up in arms needed at this time. :rak_03:

-eric

In other words, I guess it's fair to assume the nine weeks interval between major updates will be extended to eleven weeks, from hence forth.

Oh well... :p

And when can we expect to learn more... I mean anything at all, about the costume designer thingy ?

about a week before it comes out.

and we already know what it is, it's just going to be yet another way for them to milk people out of money.

• 1 month later...
hope they increase the level cap to either 65 or 70 along with new gear for basic, elite, ultimate and pvp

This is not a 'major' Expansion,it's similar to Manaan.Ziost will continue where Yavin 4 ended,so it's more like a '2nd Arc' rather than something completely new and there'll probably be a '3rd Arc' (As some Dev stated : 2 Huge Updates for this Year).

Any ways,they're only increasing LvL-Cap with a Huge Expansion (like ROHC / SoR ) which most likely might happen around 2016.I still think ToR will stop the Cap @ LvL 80 for some reason :( but that's just my Opinion.

Edited by ahzecklawd

Anyone care to explain how 1h story content per faction (as of now on pts) is supposed to last more than two months?

There isnt even a reputation system with mounts, pets, decos or something, the only stuff you can get with Ziost Tokens is blue 190 gear. Who needs this? Who will play the Ziost Story more than once with Reps and Imps??

the only stuff you can get with Ziost Tokens is blue 190 gear. Who needs this?
You would if u took a quick look at the stats of enhancements in those Ziost blue 190 armor pieces. Unless of course you're uber elite/wealthy NiM player and already have all min-maxed 192/198 enhancements.

A lot of stuff on Ziost is not finished yet, new operation boss (Toborro-like) and dailies area are broken/inaccessible at the moment

Edited by Pietrastor

Anyone care to explain how 1h story content per faction (as of now on pts) is supposed to last more than two months?

There isnt even a reputation system with mounts, pets, decos or something, the only stuff you can get with Ziost Tokens is blue 190 gear. Who needs this? Who will play the Ziost Story more than once with Reps and Imps??

It's a PTS, meaning unfinished content. You could only do half of Rishi when 3.0 PTS went live, for example. I suggest you wait and see....

I will agree. Yes, the 190 gear you buy with the tokens is garbage. All my toons are in better gear than that. Hopefully they add deco's, pets, and mounts to it otherwise it will be of no use to me.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I think, so far, from what I have played, it is kinda cool. I have just finished the binocular mission and done a couple of the side missions. My shadow said some pretty funny stuff to the emperor so I was happy. :) Now, yes the main mission rewards of 190 gear and the tokens that buy gear is not at all good if your raiding or even grabbing comm stuff I suppose. (plus the backpacks and shoulder pads, man who thinks every set of armor needs back packs or giant shoulder pads, I'd like to meet this team of designers)

The thing to remember, as has been said, is that this is the first pts iteration of update 3.2. Were just there to test it, not play the whole shebang before everyone else. We're bug finders, and some have been found. So don't get discouraged, as I'm sure Ziost will have more to offer as more patches on the pts drop and as we go forward this year. There is no telling what could happen. So chin up folks. Having played only a little bit I can say for sure that I am wanting to play more and see what happens.

What I really want to know though, is how you are liking it Wicked? Does the iteration we have as of now begin to meet what you had realistically hoped for? I mean, I wanted to see the castle, and the cell where Jori and Gav Daragon were held, and, well all the stuff from the stories but realistically, I knew it was probably gonna be just a daily area so what we got right now has yet to disappoint. What say you Darth Wicked?

You would if u took a quick look at the stats of enhancements in those Ziost blue 190 armor pieces. Unless of course you're uber elite/wealthy NiM player and already have all min-maxed 192/198 enhancements. [/Quote]

Fair Point but why would you wan to acquire it? If you want to minmax you'll play operations anyway and you'll get all the 192 stuff you need within weeks if you are remotely serious.

Maybe you will use an item here or there, but again, how does this make the content last more than two months?

If you dont play operations there is no need for better gear anyway.

A lot of stuff on Ziost is not finished yet, new operation boss (Toborro-like) and dailies area are broken/inaccessible at the moment

I dont think they will add more Ziost and one worldboss wont entertain the crowd for the rest of the year.

Dailies are already playable. They are those sidemissions you can already do when you play the story. Its just the daily tag which is broken atm.

But they wont entertain the crowd either since there is no rep grind and no really interesting stuff to get.

If this is it, people will complaining about lack of content before summer.

It's a PTS, meaning unfinished content. You could only do half of Rishi when 3.0 PTS went live, for example. I suggest you wait and see....

[/Quote] I didnt get an invite in the closed beta so dunno what happend during 3.0 testing.

But have you played 3.2 on the PTS yet? What makes you think there will be much more content beyond whats accessable? The story on Ziost is done, is it not?

I agree. This is one of the big expansion for the year and its 1 hour or so of content with the option to run dailies for 190 blue gear, as far as I could see there was no new looking armour its the same as what we can already get.

If this what is all that is on offer for 6 months it really doesn't feel like the behind the scenes build model for the game isn't working. There is no horizontal progression, the new gear is worse than what is on offer from the ops and the ops have been the only real content for the last few months so the only people that will be able to benefit from this is people that haven't been playing.

STORY SPOILER STORY SPOILER

And the story doesn't go anywhere either. At the start the emperor is using the life force from people on Ziost, at the end the emperor is still using the life force of people on Ziost. The 6th line Jedi are no different from any other Jedi you encounter. Militaristic, what Jedi in the game isn't Militaristic? Even the fun of seeing how the Story progresses would be a hard sell, Id feel like a fraud telling friends to come back to experience the game with this on offer after an hour they would be and thats it?

Sadly as it stands anyone taking the day off to experience the new content on April the 28th would be like what do I do with the rest of my day?

Please BW tell us this is only a taster of the new planet and its not confined to 3 areas perhaps on par with Yavin 4 though I suspect once explored will be half that.

Fair Point but why would you wan to acquire it? If you want to minmax you'll play operations anyway and you'll get all the 192 stuff you need within weeks if you are remotely serious.

Maybe you will use an item here or there, but again, how does this make the content last more than two months?

If you dont play operations there is no need for better gear anyway.

The 190 Blues are probably better than anything below 192 and not everyone has full sets of 192s some people dont' even have a 2 piece set bonus yet. This is a good way to help get people geared up

Edited by MisterBlackJack

I dont think they will add more Ziost and one worldboss wont entertain the crowd for the rest of the year.

Dailies are already playable. They are those sidemissions you can already do when you play the story. Its just the daily tag which is broken atm.

But they wont entertain the crowd either since there is no rep grind and no really interesting stuff to get.

If this is it, people will complaining about lack of content before summer.

I didnt get an invite in the closed beta so dunno what happend during 3.0 testing.

But have you played 3.2 on the PTS yet? What makes you think there will be much more content beyond whats accessable? The story on Ziost is done, is it not?

No it is not. They have blocked off parts of the the story and content from access. They made a post about this.

Edited by MisterBlackJack

You would if u took a quick look at the stats of enhancements in those Ziost blue 190 armor pieces. Unless of course you're uber elite/wealthy NiM player and already have all min-maxed 192/198 enhancements.

Do blue 190s from Ziost come with the highest tertiary stat? If so, are they better than purple 186?

Edited by PavSalco

Or if I'm unlucky with rolls I will actually never get any of the dozens of good power/accuracy enhancements I want.

Toborro was entertaining everyone for over a year and was the most popular and played ops because it was fast with good rewards. Toborro PUGs were made in middle of night when nothing else had a chance of getting off the ground. I don't see any reason this would be different.

The story is mostly done obviously, but new raid boss and dailies are not accessible yet Edited by Pietrastor

The 190 Blues are probably better than anything below 192 and not everyone has full sets of 192s some people dont' even have a 2 piece set bonus yet. This is a good way to help get people geared up

Yes it is. For about two months if BW is lucky. Have you played it yet? It doesnt take much effort to farm a couple of items.

No it is not. They have blocked off parts of the the story and content from access. They made a post about this.

[/Quote] They didnt actually. All they said was it was intentional that you cant complete the quest at this point.

This says nothing about additional content in 3.2 or some time before the next big update at the end of the year.

Doesnt rule it out either of course.

And yes i know about certain screenshots certain people posted somewhere else. I'd love to see more on Ziost, but keep in mind, they had Ziost in the game since at least 2.0. Its entirely possible that they just moved stuff around forgot to remove some old files.

The thing is, it would be a first for BW to add additional content this way. It has never happened. They release a story arc/area and never look back. Remember when Manaan came out and everybody thought we would see more of the planet with 3.0? Look how that turned out.

Toborro was entertaining everyone for over a year and was the most popular and played ops because it was fast with good rewards. I don't see any reason this would be different. [/Quote] I dont doubt a new (accessible) worlld boss wont be popular. But i also dont think a world boss and a daily area will entertain the crowd for more than two months.

Furthermore, keep in mind we have no solid evidence of a world / operations boss yet. I know where this rumor comes from, but there is no way to know if its a real thing planned for 3.2 or just something that fell under the table along the way.

The story is mostly done obviously, but new raid boss and dailies are not accessible yet [/Quote] The dailies are the quests you pick up along the way, nothing more. It will be like Makeb and Oricion, once you finish the story once they'll activate.